• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
I'm starting to get really burned out now. Just about to hit Paragon 14 and still only 1 Legendary.

Why Blizz, why!?

Yeah P11 here and zero upgrades since 1.0.4. Well, found a good deal on a 2 hander (900k) so maybe that counts but I've only made a total of 4.5m from gold and vendor sales and maybe sold one item in the 400k range. Nothing is selling on the AH unless it is a perfect roll.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Ok what the fuck.

I'm farming act 3 now in tower of the damned and I'm just exploding for no reason.

"Me has been slain."

I'm just fighting a normal mob @ full HP and poof. Dead.

happened twice now.
Have had this happen as well once, to me and a party member when we were just standing around in one of the Keep levels in act 3. "Me has been slain!" randomly within seconds of each other. No debuffs or mobs in sight.

Might be latency related, whereby you should've died by a pack but didn't on client side, then when synced back up with what actually happened on the server, you die.

Also, today I had another legendary drop, first goblin in act 1, no base MF other than paragon. 5th in total since 1.0.4.

Mystery

So, I've gotten a bunch of legendaries since the patch.

1. Manticore, which I'm using
2. Sever, sold for 50m
3. Flying Dragon, sold for 5m
4. Blade of the Warlord, sold for 21.5m
5. Won Khim Lau, Brimstone
6. Blade of Prophecy, sitting in inventory
7. Dark Mage's Shade, sitting in inventory
8. Pus Spitter, Brimstone
9. Heart Slaughter, Brimstone

I don't play that much, and am only Paragon level 15. I'm pretty satisfied with the amount of loot I get, but I haven't seen a Set Item drop since that one night when I got 3. How often do you guys get those things?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on what I should upgrade next? I'm thinking either my ring or my Nat's Soul to one with Dex instead of MF. Here's my profile link. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ForeverEnder-1925/hero/22820981

Mystery

What were the stats on the Won Khim Lau? It's actually a decent offhand for Monks if it gets decent rolls.

iJexHSe06NmBV.jpg

It was total poop.

Sigmaah

Thanks for all the input guys, love you all <3

Will try to upgrade the fuck outta my Barb when I get home from work.

For a mainhand, what do I look for exactly? crit damage, loh, str, vit, socket, and like 900 dps all together? if so, that's too expensive lol. Every Barb I compare to has amazing mains cause they're rich lol. I only have 2 mil ATM to upgrade this guy, I gotta make it count!

I don't even know how I didn't realize I only have 1000 str...

My little bro on the other hand has had a damn good week, got 3 set items to drop. Sold 1 for 30 something mill, sold second for 40 mill and third for 65 mill and is about to make $100 as well. GOD DAMN WHAT A WEEK. (he's used all the gold too lol, also, might be a little off on the gold sales but still are a fuckload of gold).

ZenaxPure

For a mainhand, what do I look for exactly? crit damage, loh, str, vit, socket, and like 900 dps all together? if so, that's too expensive lol.

Yeah that is what you will want. My weapons are: 691 DPS, 672 LoH, 45% crit damage, gem socket main hand. Offhand is 615 DPS, 131 str, 467 loh, 52% crit dmg, and 2.4% loh. Bought the mainhand for around 400k and the offhand for 250k. 700ish DPS weapons will be enough and they are REALLY cheap nowadays (compared to prepatch anyhow).

It's unlikely you will find all of those stats on one weapon for an affordable price, of course, but just try to find something with as many of those stats and don't be afraid to use something with a bit lower dps. It honestly works fine. Like it's been said in the past few pages DPS is a really overvalued stat, especially when you can find something with nice stats.

Radec

For a mainhand, what do I look for exactly? crit damage, loh, str, vit, socket, and like 900 dps all together? if so, that's too expensive lol. Every Barb I compare to has amazing mains cause they're rich lol. I only have 2 mil ATM to upgrade this guy, I gotta make it count!

I don't even know how I didn't realize I only have 1000 str....

I've been rocking a 700dps main hand for awhile and it didn really limit me. It got like 300loh and 45crit. then added 70 from a gem.

offhand has like 400dmg 900loh 140vit and 300loh gem.

I survive more when I bought a pickup radius stat. those globes really helps while tornadoing. lol

sleepykyo

So, I've gotten a bunch of legendaries since the patch.

1. Manticore, which I'm using
2. Sever, sold for 50m
3. Flying Dragon, sold for 5m
4. Blade of the Warlord, sold for 21.5m
5. Won Khim Lau, Brimstone
6. Blade of Prophecy, sitting in inventory
7. Dark Mage's Shade, sitting in inventory
8. Pus Spitter, Brimstone
9. Heart Slaughter, Brimstone

I don't play that much, and am only Paragon level 15. I'm pretty satisfied with the amount of loot I get, but I haven't seen a Set Item drop since that one night when I got 3. How often do you guys get those things?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on what I should upgrade next? I'm thinking either my ring or my Nat's Soul to one with Dex instead of MF. Here's my profile link. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ForeverEnder-1925/hero/22820981

1. Angel Braid (so disappointed) but it sold for 16k
2. Blackthrone's Jousting Mail: (damn this for pulling me back in) 23M
-most of which went to buying a 900dps 72 strength, 950 loh, 62% crit sword for 19M
-one ridiculous priced item for another I guess
3. Dawn: Brimstone
4. Gladiator gauntlets: inventory

Got outbid on legendary
5. Dalewind: brimstone, next run another legendary
6. Frostborn gauntlets: next run another legendary
7. Sultan of blinding sand: clearly someone at Blizzard has a perverse sense of humor

larvi

Paragon level 11 on my DH and 3 on my Barb and have found 2 legendaries worth a total of about 140K between them only because one can become a brimstone. I've also found 2 set items from Blackthorne's, the pants which I'm wearing and the belt which is sitting in my inventory as it's not really even worth using even with the 100vit set bonus.

I also found a nice rare 2hand bow which I didn't really care for but sold for ~10mil and I bought a nice 2hand xbox which I liked better (less dps but lots of loh) for 4mil and a quiver upgrade for 3mil.

At least I can now farm act III pretty well with my DH in his MF gear so I'm making some forward progress.

Dahbomb

I don't even know how I didn't realize I only have 1000 str...

My little bro on the other hand has had a damn good week, got 3 set items to drop. Sold 1 for 30 something mill, sold second for 40 mill and third for 65 mill and is about to make $100 as well. GOD DAMN WHAT A WEEK. (he's used all the gold too lol, also, might be a little off on the gold sales but still are a fuckload of gold).
2 million isn't enough to get the upgrade you need. Probably need to gather around 20 million before looking into getting a new weapon. Getting better equipment and gems would be cheaper though if you want to incrementally improve the Barb.

Remember that Strength not only gives a Barb damage but also armor.

sleepykyo

Getting better equipment and gems would be cheaper though if you want to incrementally improve the Barb.

Emeralds were always kind of expensive due to various classes wanting it for the critical damage and 2 classes using it for dex. And Rubies spiked in value with the paragon levels.

neoism

imRYTHuLgo6kC.jpg

First fucking legendary post patch on act 1 INFERNO.....
man I had 88mf and got it from a dead body..

why blizzard ...:/

last stat is interesting though...

Shadow780

People pay too much attention on raw DPS, the price between 900ish one hander is night and day different from 800ish ones where some stats can easily offset the difference.

How much crit chance is enough for a DH? I've got 36.5 without an amulet and I was thinking of going attack speed/crit damage on that since it's cheaper

Dahbomb

Emeralds were always kind of expensive due to various classes wanting it for the critical damage and 2 classes using it for dex. And Rubies spiked in value with the paragon levels.
I meant cheaper than getting a 900 DPS weapon with crit, LOH and socket.

Trickster

OMG, fuuuuck this shit.

Found andarials visage with 10% dmg taken, 39% poison nova chance, and 198 dex. Couldn't really get a good idea of the exact worth of it. So figured I'd put it up for 30 mil bid, no BO. Just logged back in now, saw it had gotten a bid....at 3,000,000...

Nothing I can do now except hope it goes up a lot over the next 1½ day...

What makes it worse is that I have always made sure to count the 0's with previous auctions.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
iuNLC.jpg

It's the third legendary crossbow I find (This, Dawn, Manticore). Why won't you give me a witching hour, Blizzard!?

Yeah I had a legendary belt drop in act 3 the other day and was like "zomg pls be a witching hour ^_^" but it was like, a shitty lvl 55 belt :(

trs1080

Neo Member
OMG, fuuuuck this shit.

Found andarials visage with 10% dmg taken, 39% poison nova chance, and 198 dex. Couldn't really get a good idea of the exact worth of it. So figured I'd put it up for 30 mil bid, no BO. Just logged back in now, saw it had gotten a bid....at 3,000,000...

Nothing I can do now except hope it goes up a lot over the next 1½ day...

What makes it worse is that I have always made sure to count the 0's with previous auctions.

Eh look at it this way, you already have a bid and its not even a day old.

I remember putting up a chest for like 500k bid cuz I didn't realize its true value, it got bid up to 60m. Granted more people played back then, but even now I had a 35m max bid on an item that was at 20m and I ended up losing that one.

I think the sort by time left will help as well.

neoism

welp break time.. loong break I still dont understand getting a level 57 Legendary on fucking inferno period... I should waste my time on other games because they still need to make this game better drop wise... 4 garbage Legends.. in 200 hour is disgusting....
Man I was excited as a motherfucker when that shoulders dropped. :(

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
If you can't find much on the AH to compare an item to, decrease stat values by 10 until you find something comparable.

There's a belt similar to that on the NA AH right now that has a bid of 26mil on it with 18 hours left.

Dahbomb

I can't believe that a bracer I just found with 74 all res plus decent main stats for Intel is worth only 500k now. Even has some physical res.

Everyone wants that crit on their bracers....

I can't believe that a bracer I just found with 74 all res plus decent main stats for Intel is worth only 500k now. Even has some physical res.

Everyone wants that crit on their bracers....

The only point in the game right now is to sell shit for money =/

M.D

I'm trying to log in the first time and getting an error "your login information was incorrect" when trying to put the authentication code

Did anyone else had this problem?

Edit: WTF....

I'm trying log into Battlenet and it's telling me my authenticator code is wrong. I resync, but it's still not working.
What can I do?

Edit 2: WTF did I do last night.. lol

I just found out the serial number and restore code on the mobile app were different. I must have pressed the "get new serial number" button last night. I also somehow went into a WonderBook thread and downloaded the box art on my phone... weird stuff man.

Anyway, problem solved.
Time to play yeahhhh

larvi

Got a legendary, unfortunately it's another crappy Ivory Tower shield. That makes 2 of those out of the 3 legendaries I've found. What's the chances?

I'm trying to log in the first time and getting an error "your login information was incorrect" when trying to put the authentication code

Did anyone else had this problem?

Edit: WTF....

I'm trying log into Battlenet and it's telling me my authenticator code is wrong. I resync, but it's still not working.
What can I do?

Call blizzard? Make sure the serial numbers for the Authenticator match?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom