• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

I think with my "real" gear I can probably farm act 2 now, can someone post or link to a runthrough of what a decent Act 2 farm run is? With the stats on my equipment you would think I could farm act 3, but it still seems to give me a lot of trouble.

Ingeniero

So my younger brother finally bought the game and we played some together, good times.

BUT.... I can't trade with him? or drop good items or gems for him from my high level chars?
Did Blizzard patched that too? well that sucks.... helping friends was always fun...

What other aspects of the game regarding rushing or helping new players have changed?

EDIT. It seems its a know issue... players have to wait 72 hours to experience the full game WTF Blizzard?
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...al-restrictions-necessary-for-game-integrity/

Tom Penny

Whom Kim Lau is not worth it unless your crit chance is above 30%. I tried out lightning Monk with the 2h Schaeffer legendary and I just wasn't doing enough damage and was dying more because I had less dex and loh. The shield is nice on it but I was better off with a 2h that had more damage, loh and crit damage.

That glove is beast and so is its counter part (Relentless). Relentless guarantees loh so one without socket would be much cheaper. I am interested to see what the special effect does.

I'm at 30 percent with the Won Kim. It's a noticable difference to me. I payed a few million for it. Well worth it. I have no idea how you calculate how much damage it does I just know that I have other weapons that give me a higher DPS but I don't kill mobs as quick using standard FOT and Cyclone.

RivalCore

I think with my "real" gear I can probably farm act 2 now, can someone post or link to a runthrough of what a decent Act 2 farm run is? With the stats on my equipment you would think I could farm act 3, but it still seems to give me a lot of trouble.

Vault of Assassin runs are generally the most time efficient.

Build up your NV stacks (Black Canyon Mine - Road to Alcarnus - Sewers) and then hit the Desolate Sands to find the VoA's. Clear out the dozen or so elite packs and then exit the game.

When you resume, you'll be straight in the VoA and don't have to go find it every time. Just TP out, build up your NV and clear the Vault. Shouldn't take long and you'll probably average 20 elite packs a run.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Pyro I know you told me not to buy anything but I got this for $10, I guess for this weapon I don't think it would be a bad idea and then I can just start farming more efficiently.

2H
diabloiii2012-09-0215wmf4i.png

replacing this 1H
diabloiii2012-09-02150zeay.png

Good upgrade?

Just picked up some decent pants for once.

diabloiii2012-09-0216dieda.png

Act 1 lol...

M.D

Belial... that son of a bitch!

I just got to him, and it's the first time I died in the game. I always get really close to killing him in his true form, and die from his aoe attack

Any tips for my WD? The game became harder in the last couple of hours, and I almost died a couple of times, but managed to escape death (Belial managed to kill me tho!)

I mostly use Grasp of the Dead to slow down and damage enemies, then use Firebomb and Acid Cloud which I really like because they also seem to be AOE attacks. I use Soul Harvest with life gain as my "oh shit i'm gonna die" button, and always roll with a companion and my zombie and zombie dogs. I use Spiritual Attunement and Gruesome Feast as my passive skills.

I used to just sit back and rain fire on enemies while the others took the damage, but with more enemies at once and with different attacks, this doesn't seem to work as well now.

Pyro I know you told me not to buy anything but I got this for $10, I guess for this weapon I don't think it would be a bad idea and then I can just start farming more efficiently.

Good upgrade?
that crossbow will be all you'll ever need. Mine is worse and I have zero problems in act3/4 inferno.

Revoh

How much has everyone spent/earned in the rhah, curious lol..

I'm thinking of spending $100 on my char on upgrades and then going crazy and try to make profits.

Earned 650$.
Spent 0.

I stopped playing a month and a half though, but I'm happy with the amount I made.

LOL my DPS went up 16,800+ HOLY FUCK

47,000 legit dps now...

Just got it lol... JESUS FUCK
now just upgrade your crit chance and crit damage on your rings/amulet/gloves/etc... while trying to get as high a dex as you can afford on each. You should probably have around 1500+ dex.

Also make sure you're using the scoundrel follower duhh.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
now just upgrade your crit chance and crit damage on your rings/amulet/gloves/etc... while trying to get as high a dex as you can afford on each. You should probably have around 1500+ dex.

Also make sure you're using the scoundrel follower duhh.

Yep scoundrel is following me, I'm 1445 dex atm, 1186 vit, 33% crit chance, 189% crit damage

I'll refocus on the other stuff like you said, replace little by little w/o spending $

You want the set glove imho. Better get to grinding that 70 mill.

:( lol

2 million down ... 73 more to go.

If I got with Crit DMG instead of a socket (not nearly as good) it's about 45 million. Though I don't know how much it would help me in that case. I would lose about 30 crit DMG but gain about 220+ dex and get the set bonus.

Probably just go for the socketed bad boyl

Yep scoundrel is following me, I'm 1445 dex atm, 1186 vit, 33% crit chance, 189% crit damage

I'll refocus on the other stuff like you said, replace little by little w/o spending $
definitely need more crit damage. Should be at LEAST 250, better off being 300+.

But you're close to being able to do well. More crit chance would be better.

Belial... that son of a bitch!

I just got to him, and it's the first time I died in the game. I always get really close to killing him in his true form, and die from his aoe attack

Any tips for my WD? The game became harder in the last couple of hours, and I almost died a couple of times, but managed to escape death (Belial managed to kill me tho!)

I mostly use Grasp of the Dead to slow down and damage enemies, then use Firebomb and Acid Cloud which I really like because they also seem to be AOE attacks. I use Soul Harvest with life gain as my "oh shit i'm gonna die" button, and always roll with a companion and my zombie and zombie dogs. I use Spiritual Attunement and Gruesome Feast as my passive skills.

I used to just sit back and rain fire on enemies while the others took the damage, but with more enemies at once and with different attacks, this doesn't seem to work as well now.

I am a pet/tank doc and when I got to him, I switched out grasp and acid cloud with haunt and barrage/manitou. Worked out gud

Just got my second legendary after patch Maloth's Focus, what kind of crap is that! it's lvl 56 is this like the worst legendary ever? the game is trolling me

Ploid 3.0

Well energy twister damage and cold damage so it must be a ice nova spam crit mass wizard. Since they messed up the crit properties with crit mass on twisters more crits = better chance of crit mass.

What's the best build for a Wiz to blow through content? I've been using melee/crit mass but every time a run into something I HAVE to do the sequence. It takes too long

suffah

Does maths and stuff
What's the best build for a Wiz to blow through content? I've been using melee/crit mass but every time a run into something I HAVE to do the sequence. It takes too long

Archon definitely if you have the raw DPS. I switch between the two due to boredom, but archon is way faster.

Archon definitely if you have the raw DPS. I switch between the two due to boredom, but archon is way faster.

I've got 33k without any buffs or glass cannon. Tried act 1 and I can melt through it worth ease. Act 2 enemies go down fairly quickly but they move around too much

I can clear act 1 faster than my DH and Monk, much faster. Think I'll just do that for a while since I've got about 50k gold after gearing up this character lol

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Need a HUGE favor from Diablo-Gaf!

So I totally regret putting my Tyrael's Might for auction (I thought it was a barb chest) and realized that the movement speed would be perfect for archon.

It's too late to cancel the auction now as someone has already placed a bid.

I need someone to win my auction, I'll pay them the gold back immediately + give an extra million for your help.

Auction is over in about 7-8 hours and I can do the swap as soon as it ends or anytime that's convenient for you.

It's at around 12 mil...I doubt it will break 15-20 million. Let me know!!!!

MrDaravon

Found this amulet, think it's worth the trade-off? My HP right now is about 42,200 and my Damage stat shown is without Sharpshooter on.

NnzCL.png

For stuff like this do you guys just make judgement calls on if it's worth trading a core stat ("reliable" damage) for higher crit chance/damage, or does everyone just look purely at the Damage +/- and just go by that?

I think of it like that extra ~6k damage is going to help you alot more often than that extra 5k of health. Meaning DH's shouldn't be getting hit too often in the first place. 37k health is still pretty good. Way higher than mine.

But really the money from the amulet would be much more worth it.

Zyzyxxz

People are crazy.
That looks like vendor crap to me
Edit: That dmg to elite bonus is nice though

Dude it's worth it for the crit hit chance on engery twister since every critical mass build is using energy twister right now and the max crit chance on rings is 4.0% IIRC.

kennah

Well this is awesome....

I'm not sure exactly when, but I must have right clicked the wrong pants and vendored my good ones. Yay. :(

No wonder the game felt a little harder.

tafer

Well this is awesome....

I'm not sure exactly when, but I must have right clicked the wrong pants and vendored my good ones. Yay. :(

No wonder the game felt a little harder.

That's a recurring nightmare for me.

(It actually happened, but I noticed just in time)

Dahbomb

Just got my first legendary in 1.04. Paragon lvl9.

Storm Bracers - 158 strength, 78 dex, 4.5 crit chance, 8% life, +229 armor and some chance to knockback.

I am keeping it for now because it's an upgrade for me in terms of DPS and protection (very slight life loss). My current Bracer wasn't all that great and I have been waiting to replace it with a crit Bracer. While not ideal for me, I can definitely make do with this until I get something better.

I am so glad I didn't get a shitty legendary as my first in 1.04...

Tom Penny

Just got my first legendary in 1.04. Paragon lvl9.

Storm Bracers - 158 strength, 78 dex, 4.5 crit chance, 8% life, +229 armor and some chance to knockback.

I am keeping it for now because it's an upgrade for me in terms of DPS and protection (very slight life loss). My current Bracer wasn't all that great and I have been waiting to replace it with a crit Bracer. While not ideal for me, I can definitely make do with this until I get something better.

I am so glad I didn't get a shitty legendary as my first in 1.04...

My first SMH and it's an item to make an item lol :(

Y8k5S.jpg

Whooter

Oh come on at this point I think you're just posting screencaps of items from the AH to troll.

lol. I'd almost believe that, but the screencaps do show the "Stat Changes" part, which I know doesn't work in the AH.

He's just got a horseshoe up his ass or something. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom