• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

In about 240 hours I haven't found a single set item. I've found about 10-12 legendaries, mostly in Act 1, and all were shit except for an awesome double Dex roll Andariel's Visage. Oddly enough I haven't found any since 1.04 hit, even rolling through Act 1 with 300+ MF/GF gear.

On set items, it's a real bummer about their drop rate (having never found any). The difference was especially clear when I booted up Diablo 2 yesterday with some of my old saves and was shocked that I had managed to find a whole set (sigons :lol) which you'd need godly luck to do the same in D3 even for lowbie sets.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
At 300 MF (375 with 5NV) I have gotten 4 legendaries post 1.0.4.

Three from mobs, 1 from a chest.

I've done about 20 complete Act 3 clears.

Anecdotal but maybe it'll help someone.

Has anybody had any success with A4 runs? I've completed the entire Act 4 twice with a buddy of mine and we do it pretty quickly... it just seems to me like running A3 is a better option. More elites, more enemies. A4 seems a little sparse in terms of enemies and to me it feels like you only get a couple elites after you get the 5 stacks.

I just got a new set item drop:

U3APO.png

I hate you :(

I'd use the shit out of that

I've been working on getting my Crit chance and Crit Damage up. Its so damn expensive and I feel I'm settling for mediocre stuff too often.

Jayhawk

I farmed act 3 three times today, and managed to get two crappy legendary weapons to drop. None of the rares I got were any good either. I think I made about 2-3M in today's runs. I almost missed one of the legendary drops, though I managed to spot it due to having to walk back through that area after dying.

Xanathus

Craaaaaap, I just blew my legendary luck of the week on finding a crappy Three Hundreth Spear. Oh it rolled 834 DPS, not too shabby.

Sigmaah

I hate you :(

I'd use the shit out of that

Same here, I love using 1H crossbows, dat attack speed! Sadly, I'm using 2H crossbow right now cause it increases my damage a lot. Might buy one of those bows soon. I just wanna equip one before I purchase one and see if the dps I get is good enough for me.

Pyro, equip that and lemme know your DPS if you can please!

My 2 post 1.04 legendary drops were: -

1. a crappy rolled SunKeeper...760 dps (almost minimum)
2. a crappy rolled Echoing Fury...850 dps (almost minimum AGAIN)

There goes my legendary rolls. FML.

Ehh i want to upgrade my 2h crossbow to 2h bow with crit dmg+ socket eventually.

That crossbow nuke dmg isn't so important anymore ever since i dropped cluster + sharpshooter combo.

Still i really wonder if it makes sense at all.
I can do A3 at reasonable speed - and all upgrades are 10-20 milions at least.

Maybe i should just finish getting my barb to 60 and start Whirlwind fun.

zulux21

Ehh i want to upgrade my 2h crossbow to 2h bow with crit dmg+ socket eventually.

That crossbow nuke dmg isn't so important anymore ever since i dropped cluster + sharpshooter combo.

Still i really wonder if it makes sense at all.
I can do A3 at reasonable speed - and all upgrades are 10-20 milions at least.

Maybe i should just finish getting my barb to 60 and start Whirlwind fun.

I've started doing that as well, I also hit a wall on upgrading my DH so I figured why not level up a barb and destroy everything more effectively than with my DH for less money than a single upgrade to my DH would cost lol

and at least I know my build won't get nerfed when patch 1.0.6 comes out that way :p

Hzoltan69

Can someone do a short rundown on what items are AH worthy? I just got to lvl 60 recently and I really have no idea what item stats are important. So far I've only been looking for primary stats, vitality and all resist in items, dps and LoH in weapons, etc.

That said, I haven't had much luck selling anything over 100k in AH, now all my storage space is full of rares and I have no idea which ones are precious and which ones are worthless...

I see items being drooled over in this forum, that I would consider junk so obviously I'm doing something wrong. :)

Anyone has the complete a full set achievement ?

All set have at least one insanely expensive item (Natalya's legacy is okay, could get the whole set for less than 2 millon easily, expect the Mark, that ring is the most expensive in this game...)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

All set have at least one insanely expensive item (Natalya's legacy is okay, could get the whole set for less than 2 millon easily, expect the Mark, that ring is the most expensive in this game...)

Yeah I have the Natalya set, got the pieces through progression and bought the xbow for lols/achievement.

I also have 2 pieces of the new set (helm/boots)

Trickster

Ugh, just spent 400k on all resist gear and still getting my ass handed to me in Act II

Act 2 is pretty easy by now. But even so, you're saying you spent 400k on gear as if that's a lot of gold. Which it really isn't.

Though I do think it's doable to get gear good enough to do act 2 for 400k (at as a melee class).

A link to your profile could probably get me or someone else to help you out.

tinantlu

After buying the game at launch, only to have my crappy old laptop not be able to run the game without spitting up blood and trying to die on me, I finally upgraded to a laptop that could run it

Fired it up, started up a Witch Doctor, as I've always been partial to the summoner types in Diablo games in the past

Holy crap is this game fun. I don't know if it is because the first major patch is out, but I haven't even really gotten to the point of the game that is affected by the patch yet. I am having some serious fun, feels an awful lot like the old Diablo games to me.

Got my first legendary drop last night, crappy old Winter Flurry in act 2 normal, but I still got to feel that good drop rush. Loving it

Xanathus

I picked up the achievement when someone on r/diablo bought a crappy set and was letting people hold it (with a deposit of course) in order to get the achievement. You only need all of the set items in your inventory to trigger the achievement.

Of course, this was before sets were made useful but maybe you could find the legacy ones cheap. Try looking for the WD and Wizard ones, I think those were the cheapest. Maybe barb too.

Rufus

How do you live without WotB? I've been using a two-hander recently too and I love to pop WotB, jump into a group with Iron Impact, Rend/Lacerate and then Cleave what's left to bits.

M.D

I am a pet/tank doc and when I got to him, I switched out grasp and acid cloud with haunt and barrage/manitou. Worked out gud

Killed him using this :) I still died a couple of times, but it was easier. Plus, I used the Soul Harvest to gain hp which I forget to do yesterday.
I often died while trying to escape his attacks but ending up clicking him and attacking him instead of moving out of the way

Anything to do in Act 2 after killing Belial?

mandiller

Can I get a price check on this?

HHTfv.jpg

It is 2-handed which is a pity, but +1180 life per hit and 5.70% damage to life is not to be sniffed at.

Revoh

Pretty happy with my barb right now except for my survivability. Gotta get some more vit and maybe some more lifesteal from somewhere but that ain't gonna come cheap if i don't want to lose res/dam.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Alien-2348/hero/383350

Looks good. That's what I'm aiming at next. I'm transitioning from a tank barb to a pure DPS one, still nowhere near that high DPS like you, actually I'm sitting at half, at 30k-ish.
Here's my barb: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/rvo-1310/hero/895830
I can farm Act 3 but not so fast, I would like to do that as fast as possible.

My next upgrade is definitely my helm, then my gloves or weapons, or everything arrghh, I want to change everything lol

kennah

Act 2 is pretty easy by now. But even so, you're saying you spent 400k on gear as if that's a lot of gold. Which it really isn't.

Though I do think it's doable to get gear good enough to do act 2 for 400k (at as a melee class).

A link to your profile could probably get me or someone else to help you out.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/kennah-1358/hero/19646036

This is in my Magic Find set in which I can do Act I with no problems.

I have better shoulders, belt and shield, but they don't make much of a difference in Act II. I definitely don't have enough VIT.

I also only have 1.2 million gold, even after farming Act I lots of times hoping for anything to sell.

I'm spreading myself way too thin at the moment. About to start gearing a WW barb

Scored this cheap as chips. Would it suffice as an off-hand? I read that daggers were desirable

Sn4jP.png

I'm spreading myself way too thin at the moment. About to start gearing a WW barb

Scored this cheap as chips. Would it suffice as an off-hand? I read that daggers were desirable

Sn4jP.png

that low dps, kinda good loh. put a really high emrald and it's an okay off hand to start.

Insaniac

HHTfv.jpg

It is 2-handed which is a pity, but +1180 life per hit and 5.70% damage to life is not to be sniffed at.

Junk. Without a socket, crit dmg, or any primary stat (especially since 2 handers get double stat boost) its worthless

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Pretty happy with my barb right now except for my survivability. Gotta get some more vit and maybe some more lifesteal from somewhere but that ain't gonna come cheap if i don't want to lose res/dam.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Alien-2348/hero/383350

Nice stuff (that skorn is easily more expensive than all my gear put together...drool!). Maybe grab one of those set belts with 3% lifesteal. With about 10k less dps I get away with far less AR (almost half yours) and health but my weapon has like 1850 LoH. Rend and tornadoes just leaves entire battlefields strewn with health orbs which are one sprint or leap away.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters

HHTfv.jpg

100k if you are lucky in this market. Basically would want to find a buyer who is just looking to mess around with a cheap LoH, lifesteal combo.

sazzy

I'm tired of doing act 3 sigebreaker/azmodan runs. And I don'thave gold to upgrade to go to act4.

any suggestions?

Is that MF including Paragon bonuses? Also which Act do you farm?
My Paragon level is 21 I think. But before you claim that's the reason. I got like 7 legendaries before I hit paragon level 5 after the patch lol.

I farm act 3 almost exclusively except when I need a break. I don't do full act runs, I start near the end at the kill azmodan point and just hit up all the elite hotspots and of course, kill azmodan. Act 4 has too few elites for me.

Fun fact, I've gotten like 5 of my 11 or 12 post-patch legendaries all in The Keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom