• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, crit chance/damage gloves are dirt cheap for non-dex characters. Thought I finally struck gold with 180 int gloves with 6.5 crit and 23% damage. Looked it up to price it and there war one just like it for 50k

lordy88

Wow, crit chance/damage gloves are dirt cheap for non-dex characters. Thought I finally struck gold with 180 int gloves with 6.5 crit and 23% damage. Looked it up to price it and there war one just like it for 50k

To be fair, that's rather low crit chance and damage for gloves.

ZenaxPure

Yeah.. Thats why I have the gear I have. It is all I could afford. Ah well. Melting act I is still pretty fun.

I was just checking out your profile and am curious, is that hat with no primary stats but MF/life %/all resist your DPS hat or is it purely your MF hat? Because that is certainly what is holding you back the most. At your HP levels raw vit > life % so at the very least you should try replacing that with something that has vit on it (and a socket since you can still keep that life % with a gem). Getting a hat with Str/Vit/All resist/socket/crit chance is very pricey so I would look for something that has maybe vit + 2 of those stats.

I would also try to find some bracers with vit. You could easily gain another few thousand HP with some bracers with vit on them.

I'm spreading myself way too thin at the moment. About to start gearing a WW barb

Scored this cheap as chips. Would it suffice as an off-hand? I read that daggers were desirable

http://i.imgur.com/Sn4jP.png[/IM/G][/QUOTE]

This weapon in your offhand will easily take you through act 1 and 2. For act 3 and 4 depending on your other weapon (and your rings/neck to a degree) you will probably want to find something with similar stats except with a primary (either str or vit if you feel like you need more HP or more DPS at that point) and some life steal. Depending on how much gold you have you could get something with those stats minus the gem socket for like 300-400k.

This weapon in your offhand will easily take you through act 1 and 2. For act 3 and 4 depending on your other weapon (and your rings/neck to a degree) you will probably want to find something with similar stats except with a primary (either str or vit if you feel like you need more HP or more DPS at that point) and some life steal. Depending on how much gold you have you could get something with those stats minus the gem socket for like 300-400k.

So the dps on the off hand doesn't matter? The baller barb up there is rocking this which is base with crazy stats.

w68Z3.png

Also it's a spear which is pretty slow. I'm even more confused now

M.D

Just killed Ghom on my first try (normal). He didn't touch me even once because he was busy with my pets, and I just nuked him :p

I imagine this will be more difficult in the next difficulty levels :)
I'm really liking my build right now. Zombie + dogs to keep everyone busy, grasp of the dead to hold them in place and fireball and acid to kill them. This is fun!

A question for you witch doctors - Should I wear an armor with greater protection that adds 200 hp and a couple of others things over an armor that adds 23 INT?

ZenaxPure

So the dps on the off hand doesn't matter? The baller barb up there is rocking this which is base with crazy stats.

It's not that the DPS doesn't matter, more DPS is a good thing, but as a WW barb if you have 2 weapons with 1000 DPS each but 0 LoH/crit damage you aren't going to make it very far in act 3 or 4. The typical WW barb spec has absolutely no healing in the spec itself, you're health regen has to come from your gear, and weapons can offer very high amounts of LoH for cheap.

Currently both of my weapons are in the 600 DPS range but I have about 1400 LoH/5.5% life steal and roughly 35k DPS with shout, a normal bash non crit (on inferno) heals me for around 2k life while WWing inside a group of 5 or 6 enemies will heal me for like 5k a second or so (really depends on a lot of factors).

You should wear Cain set chest ;) It's like 25k gold per piece and 3 set bonus gives 30% exp which can be further increased with 19% or more ruby in socketed helmet.

kennah

I was just checking out your profile and am curious, is that hat with no primary stats but MF/life %/all resist your DPS hat or is it purely your MF hat? Because that is certainly what is holding you back the most. At your HP levels raw vit > life % so at the very least you should try replacing that with something that has vit on it (and a socket since you can still keep that life % with a gem). Getting a hat with Str/Vit/All resist/socket/crit chance is very pricey so I would look for something that has maybe vit + 2 of those stats.

I would also try to find some bracers with vit. You could easily gain another few thousand HP with some bracers with vit on them.

Thanks for the tips :) hat prices are insane but I'll see what I can find.

ZenaxPure

Thanks for the tips :) hat prices are insane but I'll see what I can find.

If you don't mind dropping the resist on that one I just replaced my hat this morning and I could give you my old one for free. Has str/vit/4% crit and a socket. It's certainly better than what you have right now haha.

Keikaku

Just killed Ghom on my first try (normal). He didn't touch me even once because he was busy with my pets, and I just nuked him :p

I imagine this will be more difficult in the next difficulty levels :)
I'm really liking my build right now. Zombie + dogs to keep everyone busy, grasp of the dead to hold them in place and fireball and acid to kill them. This is fun!

A question for you witch doctors - Should I wear an armor with greater protection that adds 200 hp and a couple of others things over an armor that adds 23 INT?
I almost always choose the INT bonus. Ghom is Act 3 and by then 200 HP is jack all.

turnbuckle

Just got a balefire and izzucob legendary crossbow in the past 5 minutes.

My roommate got a great stat Manticore last night. I think he did better :p

Radec

After a week of drought..

aqgtY.jpg

Pretty shitty stats, I wonder how much I can get away with it..

AH's lowest was 33m, but I doubt this will sell remotely close to that.

:/

kennah

If you don't mind dropping the resist on that one I just replaced my hat this morning and I could give you my old one for free. Has str/vit/4% crit and a socket. It's certainly better than what you have right now haha.

Deal! kennah#1358 That sounds like a really great hat.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

aqgtY.jpg

Pretty decent. The majority of those rings don't get better than that.

On another note, the one on the left dropped, so I bought the one on the right for cheap just to try out x1 1handers and omg(!) Elites etc. just vanish under a cloud of blood. I've killed packs I haven't even seen on screen with these now.

Set bonus et. al. makes me sit at 1970 dex and 359% crit dmg while using some of my MF gear. ^^

kennah

Alright, I will be around in a few hours, will probably spend most of the night online. Can give it to you then.

Sweet. Last holiday day before back to work, so I'm hopefully doing much the same. Much appreciated. (If you look at my updated profile, I found another helmet for 80k, but it still isn't helping with Act II, and let me know what you think of my new bracers)

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Fucking piece of shit phase beasts FUCK YOU.

That's all I came in to say just this moment, wanted that to be out there.

Fucking cheap motherfucking mob, I want to choke something right now. Holy shit

offtopic

He measures in centimeters

Love running past them with Sprint (Run Like the Wind) to get to other mobs and then having them warp right on top of me right as Rend goes off. Thanks for the instant, free health orb!

ah yes, teleporting. A Demon Hunters 1 weakness. Combine that with "fast" or "minions" or BOTH. And it's a nightmare.

Is there any kind of counter to vortex ? Its instant death occasionally to a DH.

Also do most people just pick up 60+ rares and leave everything else?

I got two legendaries within about five minutes of each other on Keep Depths lvl 1 but neither was that great. Wizardspike (a fairly high-end roll) and Slorak's Madness, which isn't great even with a perfect roll. I'm paragon 17 with next to no MF on items. I found one without full stacks off a trash mob and the other just after I got full stacks.

Jayhawk

aqgtY.jpg

The VIT and gold find add value, so don't even price it at the lowest buyout. Find a Monk stacking cold resist to buy it and he/she would get the 2-set bonus with boots.

I've had 1 since paragon 16 and it was the stupid item to make herding staff LOL. Can't even be use. Can it be sold?
That wasn't really a legendary drop, at least in the same sense. But it's a pretty hard thing to get as well. You have to go to the ice cave place, then you have to kill that elite guy who doesn't always appear there, and then he may or may not drop the stone. That's a lot of luck!

:p

Tom Penny

That wasn't really a legendary drop, at least in the same sense. But it's a pretty hard thing to get as well. You have to go to the ice cave place, then you have to kill that elite guy who doesn't always appear there, and then he may or may not drop the stone. That's a lot of luck!

:p

It can't even be sold. It's invaluable !!!

Jayhawk

I wonder how he deals with identifying 93 paragon levels worth of loot and how he has room to auction the valuable drops.

Seth C

Pretty sure there will be an expansion out before I find my first legendary or set piece...or gem plan...or anything worth selling on the auction house...

Is there any kind of counter to vortex ? Its instant death occasionally to a DH.

Also do most people just pick up 60+ rares and leave everything else?

Same as for everything else really - Smoke Screen or Shadow Power.
Hmm i pick blue ones - i sold some of them for close to milion.

Vicros

I've found 2 plans, 4 times each. They sell for less on the auction house than in game.

It's strange because I can't find a legendary or set piece to save my life, but I find plans all the time. I'm not sure how many exactly but easily 20+, and one legendary plan.

Just last night I found a level 62 sword plan with five magical properties. It doesn't matter because they make useless crap every single time. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Sigmaah

Pretty decent. The majority of those rings don't get better than that.

On another note, the one on the left dropped, so I bought the one on the right for cheap just to try out x1 1handers and omg(!) Elites etc. just vanish under a cloud of blood. I've killed packs I haven't even seen on screen with these now.

Set bonus et. al. makes me sit at 1970 dex and 359% crit dmg while using some of my MF gear. ^^

What's your dps looking at with those 2? I was thinking of getting those 2 1h bows, seems like I'd enjoy the shit outta the game with those 2 bows equipped.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
It just dawned on me that act4 is a bad farm and pony land is disappointing as well.

So until we get an expansion all there is to do is act3.

Bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom