• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

larvi

I sold the Bul-Kathos Warrior Blood sword I found for 38mil, it sold right after I put it up so I guess I could have asked more for it. Finally have some cash but not sure what to buy. I'm having fun running my DH right now but not sure I want to invest any more on him until they nerf ToC and see if I still want to run him or swith to something else.

omg, a non-shit legendary

By8aP.png

we in there

Try the heartache of 100,000 kills with no legendaries, then get back to me.

No really, I think it's worse

Think, "All this fucking time and I got this? THIS?" You can still hold out on the hope that when you do get one, that it'll be worth the wait.

Even though legendaries were buffed, at least 70% are just terrible items that have like 4 random properties. Especially the craftable ones

MrDaravon

Post-patch are there any stand out pieces of equipments that are must haves for end-game Demon Hunters now? Pre-patch there was a pretty good thread on bnet for recommended DH gear, but post patch I have no idea now. Trying to figure out if there are specific set pieces or Legendaries to go for what they will cost; trying to figure out whether or not it's going to be worth it to sell that amulet I posted on the last page and try to get 75-100 million for it, or if I'd be better off keeping it and using it. Amulet in question: http://i.imgur.com/NnzCL.png

MrDaravon

So do dh's dual wield these things? Why use this if you can use a 2h Xbox and still use a quiver?

I don't know if this is still the case, but IIRC on paper a DH dual wielding 1h xbows will surpass a 2h bow/xbow with quiver, but both of the 1h xbows have to be absolutely top tier, and so it winds up being impractical and borderline impossible. I don't know if that's changed post 1.04 or not though.

Jayhawk

With two 1h xbows, you could potentially reach up to 400% crit damage, +20 max discipline, 6% life steal, and other stat bonuses. Some builds would make better use of the faster attack speed compared to 2h xbow.

Just spent all day gathering 4 million bought two rings at 2 million each.

Crit chance 4,5 crit damage 30 and they each had Vit.

Up to 47% crit chance. Yeaaaaaa

Xanathus

No they rarely use 1H xbows and this is just another point in the long list of reasons why the DH is the most poorly designed class in the game

Another reason is that quivers are the easiest off-hand item to roll with good stats since there is a small range in the base random roll of the attack speed stat, and then there's no other base random stats on quivers. Compare that to mojos, sources and shields which have crazy wide damage/block stats AND block rate on shields.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
What's your dps looking at with those 2? I was thinking of getting those 2 1h bows, seems like I'd enjoy the shit outta the game with those 2 bows equipped.

Nothing spectacular, around 170k when using normal gear, but that equals to pretty much doing 100k+ per shot, 200k crits, at 2.33 shots a second, critting constantly. Kills shit much faster than it did with my former 1100dps 2h xbow and 1250dps Windforce bow. Add to that, sounds like a machine gun. :p

Orca

Got back into the game tonight. Got a five stack and...'Diablo 3 is not responding'

Not a great welcome back. Did get a legendary before the crash though. A Wizard staff that won't do my Barbarian much good but will get me to play the Wizard more.

Sigmaah

Nothing spectacular, around 170k when using normal gear, but that equals to pretty much doing 100k+ per shot, 200k crits, at 2.33 shots a second, critting constantly. Kills shit much faster than it did with my former 1100dps 2h xbow and 1250dps Windforce bow. Add to that, sounds like a machine gun. :p

170K with or without Sharp? I'm thinking sharp but if it's without Sharp, god damn you have amazing gear haha!

Still 170K with SS is damn good IMO (if you included Ss that is), with my 2H right now, I get up to like 120ishK damage with SS, my crit chance is on the high side, like 40ish. If I had those equipped, I'd have over 50+ crit (maybe not, I'll have to check lol) and with all that crit damage those things can get, GOD DAMN I WOULD BE FUCKING SHIT UP. I had about 2.35 attack speed when I equipped my 1H bow with a quiver (50K dps as well no SS) and I enjoyed using that for my DH.. My goal is to get around 100K damage without SS and have around 2.ish attack speed. I need to get those 1H bows ASAP!

Also, got a legendary today, fucking stupid ass promise of glory bracers, might just equip them on my DH for the gold and magic find bonuses.

Mayyhem

Alright. So after 16 paragon levels and only finding a Sun Keeper (sold for 5mill) at around level 10, this happen:

I was farming Act 3, about mid-way through the run (keeps 2 to be exact) I see a brown "Helm" drop from a skeleton. Immediately I thought "Sweet, Andariels Visage". Unfortunately I look see the UnId iLvl and my smile turns upside down:

aMGiY.jpg

So after furiously vendoring that shit helm, I continue my run, somewhat discouraged. I reach the 2nd arreat creater. Lowe and behold after WWing through a huge spider pack, a single spider remains offcourse from the wreckage. I scurry over, bash the mofo, and a green "chest" drops. Needless to say, I gets dat lottery feel bro:

5bYuZ.jpg

But yeah, I'm really happy now. My fourth ever legendary, at 180 hours played (i know, sad). And most importantly my first ever set item. Loved seeing that green on the floor for once. Also I'm poor as hell right now and I hope this nets me at-least 50million on the AH.

Anyways hopefully this little story wasn't boring, just wanted to post to this for the guys who are struggling to get legendaries like I was. There is HOPE!

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
170K with or without Sharp? I'm thinking sharp but if it's without Sharp, god damn you have amazing gear haha!

Still 170K with SS is damn good IMO (if you included Ss that is), with my 2H right now, I get up to like 120ishK damage with SS, my crit chance is on the high side, like 40ish. If I had those equipped, I'd have over 50+ crit (maybe not, I'll have to check lol) and with all that crit damage those things can get, GOD DAMN I WOULD BE FUCKING SHIT UP. I had about 2.35 attack speed when I equipped my 1H bow with a quiver (50K dps as well no SS) and I enjoyed using that for my DH.. My goal is to get around 100K damage without SS and have around 2.ish attack speed. I need to get those 1H bows ASAP!

Also, got a legendary today, fucking stupid ass promise of glory bracers, might just equip them on my DH for the gold and magic find bonuses.

With SS :D, but I'm thinking of trying without it now since my crit chance is so damn high anyway with 1 handers and x2 Nat set bonuses. ^^ Though I think SS is what allows me to do pretty much just crits all the time.

That chest is pretty much perfect (hell, it rolled perfect All Resist). But seriously, why the low tier gems? It's not like gems count for stats on the AH anymore if you're selling. Leaving them in just means someone has to take them out.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Yeah, unless you want to donate Star level gems with an item sale, leave gems out please, it's a hassle removing them. :p

Also a Barb friend of mine would murder for that chest, Strength isn't the highest but easily ~100 million even on the EU AH.

Congrats on the Immortal King chest

That set is basically best in slot everything for a barb and you managed to get the most important piece. Enjoy never having to go chest shopping again, or the riches it generates

Sigmaah

With SS :D, but I'm thinking of trying without it now since my crit chance is so damn high anyway with 1 handers and x2 Nat set bonuses. ^^ Though I think SS is what allows me to do pretty much just crits all the time.

I would keep SS on if I had that much attack speed and damage, never ending crits! what server are you on? Mind giving me your BattleTag or link me your profile so I can see your gear? Wanna see if I should be aiming towards what you have :p

Also, enjoy that chest piece dude. If you're planing to sell it, sell it for more than 50 mill. I think that chest can go higher than 50 mill.

Jayhawk

Regardless of what I think about putting crap gems into that chest armor, congratulations on the drop and I hope you are patient with selling in order to sell it for the highest price instead of rushing for a sale and missing out on a few extra million gold.

Anyways, I finally broke 100k damage without SS earlier this week. I think I'm done with upgrades since most upgrades for me cost 50M+. If I find any small upgrades in the 10M range, I'll consider buying.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jayhawk-1209/hero/20955178

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I would keep SS on if I had that much attack speed and damage, never ending crits! what server are you on? Mind giving me your BattleTag or link me your profile so I can see your gear? Wanna see if I should be aiming towards what you have :p

Also, enjoy that chest piece dude. If you're planing to sell it, sell it for more than 50 mill. I think that chest can go higher than 50 mill.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tunesmith-1650/hero/5599681

At 141k damage at the moment as I'm running around with some MF. I have Strongarm Bracers, Natalya's Bloody Footprints (2nd 7% crit bonus!) and a high dex/vit/all res belt on normally, around 29k hp if I recall correctly.

Jayhawk

At 141k damage at the moment as I'm running around with some MF. I have Strongarm Bracers, Natalya's Bloody Footprints (2nd 7% crit bonus!) and a high dex/vit/all res belt on normally, around 29k hp if I recall correctly.

Have you considered getting a Natalya's Reflection for the higher attack speed value (8-9% > 7%) and the +130 dex bonus in exchange for the 23% crit damage on your 2nd ring?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Have you considered getting a Natalya's Reflection for the higher attack speed value (8-9% > 7%) and the +130 dex bonus in exchange for the 23% crit damage on your 2nd ring?

Sure, care to donate to my consideration fund? :p

I was also looking at getting Natalya's 1hander instead of the offhand Danetta, similar set-bonus but the current supply of decent ones with a socket were limited so I went with the 2nd Danetta.

Sigmaah

Damn, great gear dude. One more thing haha, mind telling me what your dps is without SS? include steady aim of course and all of your best gear equipped :p

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Damn, great gear dude. One more thing haha, mind telling me what your dps is without SS? include steady aim of course and all of your best gear equipped :p
Can do later. :)
lol...talk about first world problems.
D3 is all about first world problems.

In all seriousness, having gems in your AH sales is useless now and only costs you money as a seller since they do nothing to affect an item's visibility after 1.0.4.

Radec

The VIT and gold find add value, so don't even price it at the lowest buyout. Find a Monk stacking cold resist to buy it and he/she would get the 2-set bonus with boots.

Sold it for 29m, not really bad and I like to undercut when I'm selling items.

Jayhawk

I don't know much about Barbs, but I am thinking you might want to invest in increased attack speed, critical hit chance, and/or critical hit damage for higher damage. Your damage seems too low to make good use of the life steal from your main weapon because life steal is reduced to 20% effectiveness in Inferno. I'd say first find a weapon with life on hit/critical hit damage/socket.

Man, trying to level characters is such a grind compared to just doing a run on my DH. There's nothing to look forward to besides inching ever closer to 60 and Inferno, which is the only place where anything matters.

I don't bother picking up items except rares, which you don't get that many of without Nephalem Valor. Elites are just a chore since they're not going to drop anything. And even the rares I do pick up are worthless 99% of the time, since I twinked my characters out a bit from stuff I saved during my initial run with my DH (or found while leveling some of the higher characters.)

Wizard is highest at 51 or 52 now, and it's annoying to play without the mobility of my DH. Yeah, there's teleport, but the cooldown is forever compared to just popping off a couple vaults or tactical advantaged smoke screens. Barb is only 24 or so, and also annoying to play, though less so. Monk is lower than that, and I haven't even made a WD.

It's tiresome having to go through all the quest stuff, especially after having seen it countless times already. But I know I have to do it, even if I skip all the side stuff, since you have to beat the previous difficulty to advance.

And this is all so I can try and switch off my DH who I've become a bit frustrated with in that she's not the most efficient farmer compared to Barbs, Monks, or Wizards with a comparable level of gear due to the glass cannon aspect. Yeah you have defensive cooldowns, but no defensive passives or tankability outside Smoke Screen/Gloom and when those are down, you're toast.

Anyone else feels like paragon levels are sucking enjoyment out of game ?

I mean i used to play almost all of my chars and nearly finished getting 5th one to 60 before patch.

Now it feels like i'm wasting opportunities playing anything else than my paragon lvl 14 DH :(

I mean i used to play almost all of my chars and nearly finished getting 5th one to 60 before patch.

Now it feels like i'm wasting opportunities playing anything else than my paragon lvl 14 DH :(

and it will be the same once your DH will hit 100 because you'll need MF gear for you level 1 paragon and you'll think their dps suck

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

This situation existed before 1.0.4 just as well, why level up an alt when you can play your level 60 character? etc.

They haven't added any extra incentive to level up a character to 60 that wasn't there before.

Nephalem Valor makes playing any character that isn't 60 a complete chore, as you don't get nearly the amount of endorphin boosts from all the various things that it entails.

ZenaxPure

Nephalem Valor makes playing any character that isn't 60 a complete chore, as you don't get nearly the amount of endorphin boosts from all the various things that it entails.

Entirely depends what you're in the game for. I simply enjoy how different the classes feel and how fun it is to experiment with the combat, yeah I spend a lot of time farming on my 60 barb (who is close to paragon level 16 now) but I wouldn't if it wasn't fun. Nephalem valor and loot does very little for me in terms of "endorphin boosts". I get much more fun out of just killing enemies as the various classes, I have a 56 wizard and 55 wd I enjoy as well (though, I've had more fun with my 38 monk lately so I've been playing that).

Honestly sounds like you're stuck in that MMO loop where you feel nothing matters but the endgame, I haven't felt that way about D3 at all and I'm nearing 300 hours played.

Particularly because there is no endgame. I beat Diablo on inferno and I can farm Act 3 with barely any deaths so really what else is there to do that doesn't involve hardcore? I only have 2 pieces of ilvl 63 gear, and, only 1 legendary (a legacy bul-kathos ring at that) and yet I really see no point in upgrading any of that unless I find a really good deal.

Basically I can't say I really agree with only inferno/level 60 matter since the core game is actually fun and well designed. If anything I'd argue level 60 and inferno is where the game falls apart with poor balance, cheap "difficulty", and a focus on gimmick specs.

ElyrionX

Paragon needs to be account wide.

And they need to remove the level restrictions or at least ease up on it for public games. Why would I want to bring my level 35 alt into a Act 1 NM (the only Act a level 35 character gets to access in NM public games) game when I can gain exp much quicker soloing Act 2 NM?

The Paragon benefits should at least be account wide, maybe not the extra stats but just the mf and gf. No point in farming in anything but your main

As of now I have an 8 DH, a 6 Monk, a 3 Wiz and a Barb that's about to hit inferno. I enjoy switching classes and spreading around gear, which explains why I never really have much gold since I hang onto my good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom