• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
A part of the problem may be our expectations for the economy. Since this isn't an mmo with lots of post game content, once the hard core get their upgrades there is less of a market to sell stuff to. Buying a new piece of gear makes everything less than that gear worthless for that player. With nothing to bring new blood into the game the market is bound to saturate. Still plenty playing but you have to be more patient nowadays.

I hate that this game is kind of feeling like a Trojan horse to wow. I vowed never to play an mmo again but the post game of Diablo is leaving me wanting more.

They really need to do an endless dungeon/tower thing with rankings and leader boards and aestetic awards and such. Something to keep the treadmill going longer.

Yes some sort of siege mode/arena/temple run thing with increasing fast/powerful waves of enemies would also really help.

Orca

So the bloom is now off the 1.0.4 rose?

It took four levels for me to realize this was the weakest kind of alternate advancement they could come up with. It would be a lot more interesting if every 10 levels got you some alternate form of an existing skill - nothing way more powerful, but a new look to it at least.

rw0ZS.jpg

That's the staff I got. Going to level my wizard at last.

Insaniac

funny about alt making, is that I've been selling low level items like hotcakes. A quick run through a1 nightmare and I can sell 10 of the rares for 6000 - 7000 gold in a couple hours. Its not a lot obviously, but its more profitable than the trash I've been getting that doesn't sell at all from inferno.

Shouta

Just got 3 fucking amulets, 2 lvl 62 and 1 lvl 61 FROM the same mob pack, boss mob dropped 2 and one of his minions dropped 1 lol....

Of course they don't fucking have the proper stat setup or stats :|

That INT/MF one is pretty nice, heh.

Anyone know if multiplayer generates more XP than playing solo and if so if 3 and 4 player multiplayer generate more than 2 player.

turnbuckle

Anyone know if multiplayer generates more XP than playing solo and if so if 3 and 4 player multiplayer generate more than 2 player.

The way I understand it, enemies give the same experience as if you played solo. However, if the level differences between players are greater than 4 (?) then the experience is reduced by 5% per level difference > 4(?).

I'm not sure if this information is accurate and I can't check google since it'll result in me spending too much time looking for other D3 information while I'm working. Just thought I'd share the information I had, however useless it may end up being :p

Macmanus

funny about alt making, is that I've been selling low level items like hotcakes. A quick run through a1 nightmare and I can sell 10 of the rares for 6000 - 7000 gold in a couple hours. Its not a lot obviously, but its more profitable than the trash I've been getting that doesn't sell at all from inferno.

I've noticed this as well. My 30ish and 50ish toons make more money off those rares. I found a +100 int, +40 VIT +20 EXP socketed ammy I sold for 200K.

There are some shitty legacy legendary shoulders in the early 50's that people keep dumping off at the AH for as little as 3K gold. I'll buy them up and turn them around for 20-100K depending on the rolls because they all have +20ish EXP.

Ronabo

I had two Legendaries drop within a minute of each other. First one was a shit Monk spirit stone that came from the same location my only shitty set piece came from. The second came from a trash mob. It was a shitty Hundredth Spear.

ZenaxPure

Well, for what it's worth, Barbs are a little pickier with weapon types due to Weapons Master.

So there's that at least. I guess.

I can't really stand weapon master, mostly because it encourages Barbs to completely avoid mighty weapons. 3 extra fury per hit is pretty much the most worthless bonus ever considering there are so many different skills and runes that make generating fury a breeze. Heck, with just battle rage with the fury gain rune and bash with instigation it's possible to gain almost 30 fury per 1 bash.

What makes me the most sad is the mighty weapons have some of the best models in the game haha.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I can't really stand weapon master, mostly because it encourages Barbs to completely avoid mighty weapons. 3 extra fury per hit is pretty much the most worthless bonus ever considering there are so many different skills and runes that make generating fury a breeze.

Mighty Weapons still have a place in some builds, like a variant of the WW barb.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
That INT/MF one is pretty nice, heh.

I said to myself... "Hmm can I expect something awesome out of 3 freaking amulets" and then was like "nope" lol..

32 mf is not bad at all, but I'm sure there's plenty in the AH with similar mf ranges and better stats, gotta see how much they are selling for..

-edit

yep lowest bot tier ah loot :( at best $3 bucks in ah if at all lol... I'll see if I can get some gold out of it.

Brofist

I can't really stand weapon master, mostly because it encourages Barbs to completely avoid mighty weapons. 3 extra fury per hit is pretty much the most worthless bonus ever considering there are so many different skills and runes that make generating fury a breeze. Heck, with just battle rage with the fury gain rune and bash with instigation it's possible to gain almost 30 fury per 1 bash.

What makes me the most sad is the mighty weapons have some of the best models in the game haha.

I've switched between an axe and might weapon in the mh on a WW barb, and I actually like the mighty weapon despite the dps hit. I almost never have to stop and bash to build fury back up, pretty much an endless steam of sprint and ww.

Tom Penny

Does anyone know the restrictions when duel wielding? I have a Won Khim fist legendary but don't know if there are restrictions to what I can pair it with such as other legendaries.

The way I understand it, enemies give the same experience as if you played solo. However, if the level differences between players are greater than 4 (?) then the experience is reduced by 5% per level difference > 4(?).

I'm not sure if this information is accurate and I can't check google since it'll result in me spending too much time looking for other D3 information while I'm working. Just thought I'd share the information I had, however useless it may end up being :p

Woah, if this were true the people I party with will be really happy, haha. They blame me for their slow xp crawl since I'm always ahead scouting, killing all the whites (WW barb lol)

but I think the real reason my level is so high is because I play more than anyone on my flist

what am i doing with my life

Ploid 3.0

Wow just flipped a item for a lot. Bought this for 6mil just to mess around with, the crit hit stuff was interesting but it didn't really do much other than look cool. Then I put it up for 10mil just because I didn't care.

473c232e83f10098f80b48f13f98b80eaf768ff9.jpg

Watching the AlkaizerX stream. So many darn legendaries. Must be good to have near cap MF all the time.

Dahbomb

Paragon 96 what? Wasn't it suppose to take a gazibillion hours ?
No one said that. Kripp said that based on his calculations if he played 10-12 hours a day doing act 3 runs with his ww barb he would be able to do it in 1 month. This guy has even more damage on his gear than kripp and has the Leoric ring for additional exp..

Revoh

Before I say the price I would like to point out that I was mad because I lost an auction for a godly vile ward in the last second so I bought this instead.

18M. *runs*

Rf4VY.jpg

Well ... Not much up that's comparable. All chest pieces up with comparable states rolled some VIT as well but were going for tons. Though it's really good amount of STR with the three sockets and has decent ALL RES and some PHY RES for a bonus. I'm wondering how much to sell it for.

Anyone on here want to make me and offer? US BTW.

Xamdou

So what exactly going on with that stream? What % magic does he have that get's him so much legendary's? Also elites drop legendarys or does regular mobs do also?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom