• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

syllogism

Great news, although I am not afflicted by it - yet. With my Wizard, I was honestly surprised that chain frost nova actually worked the way it did, found it a bit overpowered and even boring at a certain point - so yeah...

Anyway, the more improvements, the better.
But they are buffing all CC, including frost nova

neoism

i2VVAScvvwbFo.jpg

goddamn... :O

That is a legendary.

I got a near max rolls on an Ivory Tower legendary #4 today. Still doesn't look like anyone wants them since Stormshields are far superior in Block... Fughhhhhhhhh

neoism did you find that today? how high did that up your dps?

Revoh

It's amazing how cheap Stormshields are now. And many others legendaries for that matter, but I'm specially familiar with SS as I bought and resold a few of them -- my strategy was to buy one with decent block %, resold it for a profit and buy another one with higher block % to eventually reach a 32% one which was expensive as hell
That SS was my barb's wet dream a few months ago. Good times

lordy88

dh

yeah I spent very little on my gear even though I could afford much better. What's the point though.

He asked which class was better for farming if you're poor.

You don't use rich gear yet you get awesome stuff. I know you're not poor, but you're not wearing gear that would dictate avarice. You're a great example.

sleepykyo

Should i now link some evil laught gif considering i use Entangling arrow + frost arrow on my DH usually? ;)

Sure. I like the Simpson's villain with the flamethrower.

It's amazing how cheap Stormshields are now. And many others legendaries for that matter, but I'm specially familiar with SS as I bought and resold a few of them -- my strategy was to buy one with decent block %, resold it for a profit and buy another one with higher block % to eventually reach a 32% one which was expensive as hell

Changing times. It used to be about getting through the game, now it is about improving farming efficiency (kill faster, move faster, raise mf or exp gain w/o losing damage).

lordy88

w00t! Finally found an item worth over 1mil post 1.0.4:

0EgiF.jpg

I couldn't find any with these stats or higher on the AH, but it looks like if I undercut, I'd get about 10-15 mil for it.

Sweet!

EDIT:
Sure. I like the Simpson's villain with the flamethrower.

I believe that would be Hank Scorpio.

tumblr_l2yq84yN591qc073co1_400.gif

tjohn86

Found a stormshield last week. Was so excited until I checked the AH haha.

Dahbomb

^^ My stats are like those only with less crit damage/DPS but more resistance and vitality/armor. I also have a lightning stack build (damn I want your bracer and boots).

I juggle between a DPS skill build a tank skill build. MoC or MoE are staples for me as is Fist of Thunder or Deadly Reach (Foresight), Breath of Heaven, Blinding Faith, Sweeping Wind (Bladestorm or Cyclone) and Serenity. I usually use Wave of Light and 7SS just for the variety.

Tom Penny

^^ My stats are like those only with less crit damage/DPS but more resistance and vitality/armor. I also have a lightning stack build (damn I want your bracer and boots).

I juggle between a DPS skill build a tank skill build. MoC or MoE are staples for me as is Fist of Thunder or Deadly Reach (Foresight), Breath of Heaven, Blinding Faith, Sweeping Wind (Bladestorm or Cyclone) and Serenity. I usually use Wave of Light and 7SS just for the variety.

Yeah. Resist don't seem to make a massive difference IMO 650+ seems to be fine. Arcane, molten , desecrate, jailer freeze combos still wreck you.I do need more vit though. Plus if you roll with a Barb it doesn't even matter. That Won Khim was the best shit I ever bought though and that was cheap. Really trying to find a nice one with 25% lighting skill boost to go with my FOT 13% damage helm :) should be a nice combo.My dps went down on paper 4-5K but there is no comparison in the damage running cyclone FOT. Whats your tag we should farm sometime. The more the merrier.

I dropped lashing tail kick after the patch because of the nerf to things like molten and firechains. I didn't need it for a CC reasons as much and so I'm using Wave of Light right now. It still has some knockback too which is nice. I also like that it affects more than one enemy which is why I use it over SSS.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fenderputty-1180/hero/4022975

My build is really similar to Tom's but I have some more resists.

I'm still really tempted to find a good Won Khim lau with LOH and a Socket or CRIT DMG over completeting my set. I know you think I should go for broke. That 75 million one is gone though and everything is 100 million plus now. I have 7.5. At this rate I'll get that set piece in couple months.

Tom Penny

I'm still really tempted to find a good Won Khim lau with LOH and a Socket or CRIT DMG over completeting my set. I know you think I should go for broke. That 75 million one is gone though and everything is 100 million plus now. I have 7.5. At this rate I'll get that set piece in couple months.

I don't even want to fathom what that would run you. Pair that with an Echo Fury with LOH it you would dominate.

Fixing CC is great and all, but it's not exactly a change people were clamoring for.

Still appreciated though as it will make some skills/builds viable that weren't.

Sigmaah

I love performing system recovery on my comp every 2 weeks! Woo!!!

Can't wait to get a new comp... Any recommendations guys? budget will be $1000+.

Is it better to run diablo in highest settings or lowest? I'm assuming higher just so it looks nicer.

I love performing system recovery on my comp every 2 weeks! Woo!!!

Can't wait to get a new comp... Any recommendations guys? budget will be $1000+.

Is it better to run diablo in highest settings or lowest? I'm assuming higher just so it looks nicer.

It doesn't look that different. The only main thing to me from my macbook to my desktop is close up on gears at characters selection screen. The game isn't that needy and run smoothly on my 600$ config.

Sigmaah

It doesn't look that different. The only main thing to me from my macbook to my desktop is close up on gears at characters selection screen. The game isn't that needy and run smoothly on my 600$ config.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm just trying to get the best desktop with the money I have (well, will have soon), gaming wise. I have a 2006 windows vista 32 bit and diablo runs fine on all low settings, it's just the desktop keeps messing up and gets slow as fuck every 2 weeks. Don't know why it does that... I assume system recovery would fix that but it sure doesn't haha. I'm also gonna be looking for speed and performance on the soon to be desktop.

Should I get it custom built or buy an already built one? My friend is really good with comps and makes them all the time. He said its better to have him get parts and build it, so I think I should just go with that plan.

Vicros

Yeah. Resist don't seem to make a massive difference IMO 650+ seems to be fine. Arcane, molten , desecrate, jailer freeze combos still wreck you.I do need more vit though. Plus if you roll with a Barb it doesn't even matter. That Won Khim was the best shit I ever bought though and that was cheap. Really trying to find a nice one with 25% lighting skill boost to go with my FOT 13% damage helm :) should be a nice combo.My dps went down on paper 4-5K but there is no comparison in the damage running cyclone FOT. Whats your tag we should farm sometime. The more the merrier.

I bought a Won Khim to try on the AH. I got a 880 dps, 21% lightning damage, 248 dex for 150,000 (lol). I defiantly see what you mean. My tornadoes do way more damage and stuff dies a little faster. If you're struggling with your monk and looking for a cheap upgrade they're pretty great.

I really wish they had higher average dps and a whole lot more life on hit. If I could buy a Won Khim with ~1100 dps, 950ish LOH, critdmg and socket it would be the ultimate monk weapon. While it's a downgrade for me, any budget monk should really look into getting one.

Revoh

Fourth legendary after patch: ivory tower. I gave it away to a dude I was playing with in a public game. Such a pos

Fifth legendary See No Evil. Lol. Then again I'm trying to hunt for a Leorics Signet right now.
Legendary six : Magefist.

Cmon due for a ring soon right!?

ShinNL

Hey guys, I need some Hardcore advice. Does anyone know if an Archon build is viable in inferno?

I've kinda been testing it and I really like the current skillset I found, but I noticed I rarely pop Archon in A1 inferno when facing champs since I feel much safer being able to spam mirror images + diamond skin with critical mass, rather than the flat 40% resist and armor boost. For now my Archon is mostly used for clearing white mobs and for being a glorified teleport, or when I find a really good tanky party then I can occasionally actually beam at champs. I have the feeling this build will melt in A2+?

I just finished this wiz 2 days ago and I don't really feel like losing her for the third time at lv60 :p (Though this one has probably the sickest stats so far, even surpassing my Monk in a lot of departments now)

Even Softcore people can help me answer this if you have some sort of Archon build: do you occasionally die? Doesn't have to be often, if you even die once while in Archon form then it means I probably should theorycraft myself into another build.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Lightning Ball rune on Elemental Arrow, jesus why the hell didn't I use this before (over Frost/Nether)? Have no issues whatsoever in Act 3 now. It has a semi-aoe and a "dot" effect since it tazes stuff it's already moved past (and every taze crits!). Shoot a line through any pack and the pack is gone before I'm at 2/3rds Hatred.

linsivvi

Picked up my 4th and 5th set item post 1.0.4 in 2 separate runs today: Inna's Temperance and Litany of the Undaunted.

Also got a Sun Keeper along the way.

It's been a good day.

My friend drop this last night and gave it to me because he had no use for it :

*immortal king boots*

And minutes later, I drop these on Ghom, my first set item after 500 hours :

*nat's boots*

I guess I should stop whinning for a while...

Made 25m from the king's and 30 from nat's.

I'm rich ! yay !

I have no idea what to do with this gold now. Upgrade my monk to dps more will cost me about 60m per item.

ElyrionX

Hey guys, I need some Hardcore advice. Does anyone know if an Archon build is viable in inferno?

I've kinda been testing it and I really like the current skillset I found, but I noticed I rarely pop Archon in A1 inferno when facing champs since I feel much safer being able to spam mirror images + diamond skin with critical mass, rather than the flat 40% resist and armor boost. For now my Archon is mostly used for clearing white mobs and for being a glorified teleport, or when I find a really good tanky party then I can occasionally actually beam at champs. I have the feeling this build will melt in A2+?

I just finished this wiz 2 days ago and I don't really feel like losing her for the third time at lv60 :p (Though this one has probably the sickest stats so far, even surpassing my Monk in a lot of departments now)

Even Softcore people can help me answer this if you have some sort of Archon build: do you occasionally die? Doesn't have to be often, if you even die once while in Archon form then it means I probably should theorycraft myself into another build.

Archon builds require you to be very highly geared to survive in Inferno so I'd say it's a no go for Hardcore. I can roll through Act 3 with my dps gear pretty well but even when wearing my defensive gear, I still get perilously close to death in Act 2 alone while in Archon form. Like you said, the lack of Diamond Skin and Tele or Frost Nova works against it substantially in the defensive department. It might work with plenty of loh but I've never tested it.

ShinNL

Archon builds require you to be very highly geared to survive in Inferno so I'd say it's a no go for Hardcore. I can roll through Act 3 with my dps gear pretty well but even when wearing my defensive gear, I still get perilously close to death in Act 2 alone while in Archon form. Like you said, the lack of Diamond Skin and Tele or Frost Nova works against it substantially in the defensive department. It might work with plenty of loh but I've never tested it.
Ah thanks, it's as I suspected then. My friend also told me not to go Archon (he has a SC Wiz aside from his HC chars). I thought I'm geared up pretty good defensive wise, but I really noticed that the lack of the skills you mentioned just seems like a death trap. Of course I can cancel Archon form if I really need the other skills, but it's essentially a wasted skillslot then.

Not sure how to tweak my build now though. It's heavily stacked in crit chance and attack speed, but I really don't feel like going melee crit mass like I have in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom