• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, it's like I'm wanting to do act 2 I just don't know if I should focus on just the elites or what.. I'll try to kill more white mobs now.

I think one of the large reasons I have had good luck with legendaries is that I've always farmed the trash. It wans't the most efficient way of doing things prior to 1.0.4, but I just can't pass up a monster without killing it.

Melville

I've had a legendary drop from a regular chest and another from a goblin (5 stacks of NV). The rest was from elites, but with approximately 0 MF...

Dahbomb

I think one of the large reasons I have had good luck with legendaries is that I've always farmed the trash. It wans't the most efficient way of doing things prior to 1.0.4, but I just can't pass up a monster without killing it.
Me either. Gotta kill anything that moves, gotta click anything that has a chance of giving stuff.

MrDaravon

There aren't any particular Legendary or Set Shoulders for DH's, are there? I've had the same set forever that's got something like 160 Dex and 58 All Resist. It seems that with every other or almost every other piece there's generally a desired set or legendary item, but I'm not aware of any particular Shoulders.

Dahbomb

There aren't any particular Legendary or Set Shoulders for DH's, are there? I've had the same set forever that's got something like 160 Dex and 58 All Resist. It seems that with every other or almost every other piece there's generally a desired set or legendary item, but I'm not aware of any particular Shoulders.
Quite a few DH I have seen equip the Seven Sins because it's capable of rolling over the max Dex of 200 on Shoulders.

MrDaravon

Quite a few DH I have seen equip the Seven Sins because it's capable of rolling over the max Dex of 200 on Shoulders.

Right. But a lot of pieces are desired because they offer stats that usually aren't obtainable on that armor slot or something along those lines. I just wasn't aware of anything "special" in terms of Shoulders, at least for DH's.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Me either. Gotta kill anything that moves, gotta click anything that has a chance of giving stuff.

Actually, since items aren't rolled until the item or mob is "killed" you just want to "kill" stuff as fast as possible regardless of whether you miss "killable" stuff.

That barrel two rooms over? Skip! You just need to keep the destruction going on the path you are taking. Double back only if you need to check to see if something dropped.

Dahbomb

Actually, since items aren't rolled until the item or mob is "killed" you just want to "kill" stuff as fast as possible regardless of whether you miss "killable" stuff.

That barrel two rooms over? Skip! You just need to keep the destruction going on the path you are taking. Double back only if you need to check to see if something dropped.
I used to think like that... but then I got a few legendaries from chests I opened that were way out of my way. If I was going on my normal way then I wouldn't have gotten those legendaries.

I also one time almost missed a legendary and just happen to find it while I was backtracking through an area. That was an eye opener for me, now I am way more careful about my runs. I don't 100% complete an area but I make sure I hit all the major points, kill everything in sight and click anything that drops something within my current path.

I know it's not the most efficient but it helps me sleep at night. If I don't then I wonder "but what if that 1 chest had a good item? What if I missed that pack that might've dropped something good?"

Definity

I used to think like that... but then I got a few legendaries from chests I opened that were way out of my way. If I was going on my normal way then I wouldn't have gotten those legendaries.

I also one time almost missed a legendary and just happen to find it while I was backtracking through an area. That was an eye opener for me, now I am way more careful about my runs. "

Ha. I'm always pressing the "ALT" key to refresh all the loot on screen so I don't miss anything.

Same I run through Act II on normal really fast because MoC kills people before you even touch them sometimes. Hitting ALT and not going as fast as I actually can helps me keep my sanity knowing I don't miss any Legendary drop.

linsivvi

Right. But a lot of pieces are desired because they offer stats that usually aren't obtainable on that armor slot or something along those lines. I just wasn't aware of anything "special" in terms of Shoulders, at least for DH's.

There's no high level shoulder set for any class except the crafted demon set. What you should look for is the vile ward. It can roll beyond the 200 dex limit and is guaranteed high resist, armor and life regen.

Tom Penny

My 2nd legendary...not quite a 2 socket manticore like my first one

Taahu.jpg

Demy

My 2nd legendary...not quite a 2 socket manticore like my first one

Taahu.jpg

To anyone using Darkd3 you can get rid of the effect on your text shown in this pic. Go to your D3 folder in program files, open the darkd3 settings file, cut the "//" from in front of the line that says "#define use_post_sharpen" and paste them in front of the line that says "#define use_pre_sharpen". You will then get clear text like normal.

Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202012-09-07%20%C3%A0%2011.59.19.png
Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202012-09-07%20%C3%A0%2011.59.48.png

Now I stand at 35k dps with my monk (22crit chances, 280 crit dmg) but I also die a lot faster. I really need loh. I guess 2.90% life leech is good but my dps isn't high enough to be sufficient. I have 36k hp. I could swap all my gems for vit but I'll loose about 5k dps.

Skorns have come down a lot. 20m buy out, can snipe for 10-15. Still a nice buy there though.

True, I like to supplement some Vit on my weapon too, those Skorns are still 20+mil to start. But yeah, they've come down more than the last time I checked.

I doubt I'll ever upgrade in the next couple months now though, feels good.

Damn, I've sold something exactly like that plus it had 1600 loh. Only went for 7m, too. (open bid)

Anyway, finally found my first set item in 1.04. Zunimassa boots. Anyone care to explain how the bonus damage on those boots work? is it a blanket 7% dps buff, or just to attacks with poison(like poison darts)

sorry if this has been asked and answered before. :p

Celegus

I finally decided to try a 2H weapon on my barb, and wow does that ever add a lot of damage. 55k damage unbuffed, up from around 35k with my 1H. The one I bought has 1300 dps, 1000 life on hit, 160 vit, and 160% crit dmg - snagged it for 600k which seemed pretty good. I need to pump up my resists on other pieces without the shield, but I think it's worth it seeing how fast Rend melts everything.

kinggroin

Banned
Got called a dick, twice, for playing my Barb like a runner. I'm basically rend blood lusting a pack, then running around them in circles while leaving tornadoes in my wake (which boost fury and pretty much allow me to keep it perpetual). Quite a few times I've been the last of my group to survive because of this tactic, but I hate the name calling.

Not sure where all the hate is coming from since its very effective on inferno against most mobs and elites. Great survivability.

Got called a dick, twice, for playing my Barb like a runner. I'm basically rend blood lusting a pack, then running around them in circles while leaving tornadoes in my wake (which boost fury and pretty much allow me to keep it perpetual). Quite a few times I've been the last of my group to survive because of this tactic, but I hate the name calling.

Not sure where all the hate is coming from since its very effective on inferno against most mobs and elites. Great survivability.

I got called a noob as a dps monk

linsivvi

Public games are often filled with all kinds of idiots, but occasionally you will find a great group. Some of my regular farming partners were found in public games.

Xanathus

Also for content, here's my variant on Alkaizer's act 3 run which explores additional areas for more elite packs (aka the poor man's farming run)

1. Clear Core of Arreat to the WP
  2. WP to Tower of the Damned lvl 1, do one circle, move onto lvl 2 and clear it to exit
  3. WP to Arreat Creater lvl 2
  4. Go backwards to the Heart of Sin, there's usually one pack right at the exit
  5. Teleport to town, WP to Bridge of Korsaikk, clear Fields of Slaughter, skip Ice Cave because there's not many mobs and elites and lots of dead ends, clear all the way to Rakkis WP (I have no idea why he doesn't do this since there are a ton of mobs here)
  6. Teleport to town, WP to Keep Depths lvl 1. Check for one elite pack near the WP on lvl 1. Enter Keep Depths lvl 2 and clear it until the Lvl 3 WP / Ghom entrance.
  7. Teleport to town, Log out, Resume Game

DSmalls84

Bracers - 209 armor

146 Dex
50 Vit
50 Poison Resist
40 all resist
4.5 % crit

Did I finally find a decent item? I looked at all the comparables on the GAH and the cheapest was 18 mil.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Bracers - 209 armor

146 Dex
50 Vit
50 Poison Resist
40 all resist
4.5 % crit

Did I finally find a decent item? I looked at all the comparables on the GAH and the cheapest was 18 mil.

Very nice, Dex could be higher but with crit and both vit and all res (not to mention 2nd stacked resistance) it should sell for quite a bit.

IlludiumQ36

They're mad because they died and they think that your build is OP. I would submit that while powerful, RLTW barb variants still require decent gear and skillful micro to be effective in A3/A4. I took down Diablo last night with my barb who is really only geared defensively for Act 2 from an armor/resist standpoint. A couple of good hits would drop me and elite affixes like molten would melt me in less than a second. It took a lot of patience, good fury management, and tactical maneuvering to keep LOH flowing.

1726 LOH and 2.8% Damage to Life was supremely helpful.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/IlludiumQ36-1420/hero/8565983

Xanathus

Now that I have some spending cash, can I get advice on what gear to upgrade? Already capable of farming A3 easily, just want to farm faster.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/xanathus-6279/hero/10865680

Ignore the amulet because I'm using it for MF, I actually have a high Str/Vit/CC amulet. I prooobably should get a socketed helm but I love that high Str Andy that I found so much. Currently I'm thinking of getting a 1000 DPS socketed main weapon.

DSmalls84

Dunno how the Dex market is, but I recently bought bracers with 130 str 80 vit 4 crit 60 res all for 1 million. 15 seems a little high to me, but again, I only play barb.

Everything that I searched for (I did not include the second resist stack in the search field) that was similar was 18 mil and up. So I priced at 15 hoping to move it fast. I'm just looking for enough gold to get my Wizard a nice upgrade. I have 3 characters but none of the them use Dex so I don't really follow the market for those items either.

Found my first set item in a long time. Zunimassa's Vision. Also got another Hellrack.

Almost missed the Hellrack because I was clearing with my buddy and didn't realize he finished off a pack when I was in an adjoining room in the Keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom