• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sold a Dead Man's Legacy last night for 32 million. I had around 10. Bought some pants for a nice vit upgrade with small dex upgrade. Bought a helm with a socket in it. Bought a new main hand and icreased my crit DMG and dex by a ton. My base DPS is now 51-53K or so. My account screen has breath of heaven activated so it shows 61K DPS and I know that's not accurate. I should have around 10 million or so after things sell. A little more farming and then I want to add some movement speed to my boots.

Pretty stoked right now.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fenderputty-1180/hero/4022975 (don't pay attention to DPS ... it's infalted)

kinggroin

Banned
They're mad because they died and they think that your build is OP. I would submit that while powerful, RLTW barb variants still require decent gear and skillful micro to be effective in A3/A4. I took down Diablo last night with my barb who is really only geared defensively for Act 2 from an armor/resist standpoint. A couple of good hits would drop me and elite affixes like molten would melt me in less than a second. It took a lot of patience, good fury management, and tactical maneuvering to keep LOH flowing.

1726 LOH and 2.8% Damage to Life was supremely helpful.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/IlludiumQ36-1420/hero/8565983

Yes! Im doing the same pretty much.

I have 6% life steal between my belt and weapons and with fury at lvl 5 and crit hits going, I'm doing over 2k loh a lot of the time. The whirlwinds aren't nearly as strong, but persistence and patience can be a powerful ally with this build.

Saving up to move my weapons to higher DPS (currently at 780 and 820) and critical DMG % (only at 45% each)

Vossler

Man, I played for a bit last weekend, and still have yet to get a decent big ticket item. Had legendary shoulders drop, but they arent selling. Paragon level is at 6, and I've finally made it to Act 4 (yay!). Wish I had some money to play around with, but only sitting at 2 mil.

Man, I played for a bit last weekend, and still have yet to get a decent big ticket item. Had legendary shoulders drop, but they arent selling. Paragon level is at 6, and I've finally made it to Act 4 (yay!). Wish I had some money to play around with, but only sitting at 2 mil.

My frist legedary didn't drop until P14. Hang in there.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Looks like people are catching on to the Rend/Sprint build...so OP and so fun. Throw Bash in there for an extra 24% damage from those. And can be accomplished with bargain weapons...look for high damage, high LoH 2 hander and you are set.

turnbuckle

Looks like people are catching on to the Rend/Sprint build...so OP and so fun. Throw Bash in there for an extra 24% damage from those. And can be accomplished with bargain weapons...look for high damage, high LoH 2 hander and you are set.

I tried that a bit this morning. I just gotta figure out how to retrain myself to play that way if it's gonna work for me. I'm too prone to wanting to face tank and slash. Running around and through enemies, throwing in a rend, it doesn't feel like I'm fighting :p

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
I tried that a bit this morning. I just gotta figure out how to retrain myself to play that way if it's gonna work for me. I'm too prone to wanting to face tank and slash. Running around and through enemies, throwing in a rend, it doesn't feel like I'm fighting :p

You don't like leaving enemies bleeding and dying in your wake??? Basically makes the barb into a incredibly mobile melee character. Still definitely melee...just one in constant motion. I might drop Leap and throw in WotB for giggles but I typically hate long cooldown abilities.

kennah

5.5 K. The sword I found on a drop. The rest I bought for around 3 million or so.

Hmm.. Cool. Mine does 5.9k, but mostly thanks to a 900dps staff with 475 int I picked up in the first couple days of 1.0.4 for 150k. She has no crit chance at all, should fix that (once I stop dying every 30metres in Act III, heh)

Circle T

Hmm.. Cool. Mine does 5.9k, but mostly thanks to a 900dps staff with 475 int I picked up in the first couple days of 1.0.4 for 150k. She has no crit chance at all, should fix that (once I stop dying every 30metres in Act III, heh)

I have sort of a nub-ish question related to this. Do we get 20% of ALL followers stats, or is it only the 3 they show on the profile pages (GF, MF, XP)? Like with Fender's Enchantress, and her 160% Crit DMG and 12.5% Crit Chance. Are you getting a 32% Damage and 2.5% Chance boost due to her equipment?

Yeah ... it's hard to get enough crit % so that the crit DMG makes a difference. I'm thinking of just going for massive INT on her. Her DPS is nice, but I use her mainly for the armor buff and IAS bonus. So I'm not really that interested. She does enough for me for now.

I'm more interested in movement speed now and with my new socket in my helm, more exp for paragon.

I have sort of a nub-ish question related to this. Do we get 20% of ALL followers stats, or is it only the 3 they show on the profile pages (GF, MF, XP)? Like with Fender's Enchantress, and her 160% Crit DMG and 12.5% Crit Chance. Are you getting a 32% Damage and 2.5% Chance boost due to her equipment?

I'm not .. but she is. She hit for crit's pretty often. It's kinda funny.

Xanathus

Just GF and MF. Not sure about XP.

Sarye

what is the rend/sprint build and how is it different from WW build? I'm trying different builds right now and currently things are really slow moving. I'm guessing I primarily need a 2H with LOH + lots of strength? Tried to google this by my googlefu at the moment sucks.

I tried a 2H rend build with no LOH (couldn't afford it) and I died so fast without it.

DSmalls84

what is the rend/sprint build and how is it different from WW build? I'm trying different builds right now and currently things are really slow moving. I'm guessing I primarily need a 2H with LOH + lots of strength? Tried to google this by my googlefu at the moment sucks.

I tried a 2H rend build with no LOH (couldn't afford it) and I died so fast without it.

Yeah please post the build. My barb is pretty undergeared compared to my Wizard, but he has a 1050 dmg 2 hand sword with 1300 loh and I have been trying to find good builds.

kinggroin

Banned

Because you're really not. You're running! Bahahaha!

/dick

But seriously, that build has it so defense is the best offense

Circle T

Yeah ... it's hard to get enough crit % so that the crit DMG makes a difference. I'm thinking of just going for massive INT on her. Her DPS is nice, but I use her mainly for the armor buff and IAS bonus. So I'm not really that interested. She does enough for me for now.

I'm more interested in movement speed now and with my new socket in my helm, more exp for paragon.

I'm not .. but she is. She hit for crit's pretty often. It's kinda funny.

Thanks guys. Like you, I have her around for the nice buffs. The armor buff is great, a little more IAS is always welcome, and mine is giving me 15% MF. Plus, she has like 3.5k dps, so she isn't totally worthless on the battlefield. I was thinking of switching her up if she did give Crit bonus, but I guess I'll leave her as is.

Xanathus

Can I get a price check on a helm? 143 Dex, 78 Int, 45 Cold Res, 45 All Res, Health Globes +5375, Sweeping Wind damage 9%. There's only 2 helms on the US GAH with 100 Dex, 40 All Res, *any* Cold Res, and *any* Sweeping Wind bonus so I'm not sure if this is worth millions. The remaining ones are priced really low but they were only recently posted.

Tom Penny

Probably overpaid but fuck it

JVGi7.jpg

I don't even have motivation to play today after dropping Inferno Diablo last night

I guess I could try and finish act 3 and 4 with my WD or farm or start a new class but I dunno

Can I get a price check on a helm? 143 Dex, 78 Int, 45 Cold Res, 45 All Res, Health Globes +5375, Sweeping Wind damage 9%. There's only 2 helms on the US GAH with 100 Dex, 40 All Res, *any* Cold Res, and *any* Sweeping Wind bonus so I'm not sure if this is worth millions. The remaining ones are priced really low but they were only recently posted.

Teh lack of Crit % kinda hurts it and the health globes is a nice little adder stat but won't bring up it's value. The sweeping wind bonus is nice though. Get rid of cold resists and see what comes up. There's probably a poison double stack, a fire stack etc etc. Those are essentially the same when considering price.

Celegus

I don't even have motivation to play today after dropping Inferno Diablo last night

I guess I could try and finish act 3 and 4 with my WD or farm or start a new class but I dunno

Play a different game or do something else? I feel like that's what I'm gonna be like too whenever I finally beat Inferno.

neoism

Teh lack of Crit % kinda hurts it and the health globes is a nice little adder stat but won't bring up it's value. The sweeping wind bonus is nice though. Get rid of cold resists and see what comes up. There's probably a poison double stack, a fire stack etc etc. Those are essentially the same when considering price.

You have a great amount of life on hit... I play a overly offensive monk... most of the skills you use I find boring to much cooldown.. I really can't farm act 2 very well... I know I will need to use more defensive skills. any tips... I just enjoy being a more offensive monk should I go more vit then...it's hard for me to give up crippling wave...I use exploding palm because of the buff its fun...http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/neoism-1506/hero/1516357 Is my gear even good/decent.. I've nickle and dimed my way hear, never spent more than 500k for an item. lol I have my mf amulet and ring on with my good stuff I have about 5.1k more dps and 5k hp

linsivvi

No crit and more importantly no socket makes the helm pretty worthless in my opinion. Try replace cold resist with something else and you'll probably see the helm selling at sub 100K. I mean, who would spend millions at a helm that doesn't allow you to get +xp these days?

You have a great amount of life on hit... I play a overly offensive monk... most of the skills you use I find boring to much cooldown.. I really can't farm act 2 very well... I know I will need to use more defensive skills. any tips... I just enjoy being a more offensive monk should I go more vit then...it's hard for me to give up crippling wave...I use exploding palm because of the buff its fun...http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/neoism-1506/hero/1516357 Is my gear even good/decent.. I've nickle and dimed my way hear, never spent more than 500k for an item. lol I have my mf amulet and ring on with my good stuff I have about 5.1k more dps and 5k hp

LOH is pretty crucial. Epsecially as you progress into act III (Ghom). You don't need 1000 LOH like I have, but you should be shooting for 500+ for sure.

You also have three main attacks. There's no need for that at all. If you're offensive why are you using crippling wave anyway? It doesn't proc damage as well and it a purely defensive skill.

You also don't use MoC which is key in any DPS monk. You can spam that with NO cooldown. MoC > Overwave is 24% more damage to enemies and if youre spamming on elites it's 48% more.

I prefer wave of light to exploding palm because it has knockback and rapes small enemies. I like using brath of heaven for 15% more damage instead of blinding flash because it increased my DPS for 45 seconds compared to just 3 seconds you have for 30%.

I think it's funny you consider my build to be defensive in nature when almost every skill I have is geared towards giving more damage. The only defensive skill I use now is serentiy and that's for "o shit" moments and to occasionaly help gain spirit.

Also ... I don't run any MF on my gear and use paragon and NV stack. You should consider dropping the MF on your ammy and adding some IAS.

Also ... for story advancement you'll probably want to use MoE at some point in time. It's defensive in nature but will help you advance. Once I got my native DPS to around 35K I swapped it for MoC, but I have better armor and more LOH to compensate.

Ditch that ammy for something less close to a perfect mf roll you can get like 100 dex and some vit. Look for loh plus the highest crit chance nine or ten. And that ring is completely useless affluent vow get something with crit chance all resist dex and vit. Your hp is real low get that at least to 33+ k try serenity skill it's great.

neoism

LOH is pretty crucial. Epsecially as you progress into act III (Ghom). You don't need 1000 LOH like I have, but you should be shooting for 500+ for sure.

You also have three main attacks. There's no need for that at all. If you're offensive why are you using crippling wave anyway? It doesn't proc damage as well and it a purely defensive skill.

You also don't use MoC which is key in any DPS monk. You can spam that with NO cooldown. MoC > Overwave is 24% more damage to enemies and if youre spamming on elites it's 48% more.

I prefer wave of light to exploding palm because it has knockback and rapes small enemies. I like using brath of heaven for 15% more damage instead of blinding flash because it increased my DPS for 45 seconds compared to just 3 seconds you have for 30%.

I think it's funny you consider my build to be defensive in nature when almost every skill I have is geared towards giving more damage. The only defensive skill I use now is serentiy and that's for "o shit" moments and to occasionaly help gain spirit.

Also ... I don't run any MF on my gear and use paragon and NV stack. You should consider dropping the MF on your ammy and adding some IAS.

Also ... for story advancement you'll probably want to use MoE at some point in time. It's defensive in nature but will help you advance. Once I got my native DPS to around 35K I swapped it for MoC, but I have better armor and more LOH to compensate.

lol thanks man

neoism

Ditch that ammy for something less close to a perfect mf roll you can get like 100 dex and some vit. Look for loh plus the highest crit chance nine or ten. And that ring is completely useless affluent vow get something with crit chance all resist dex and vit. Your hp is real low get that at least to 33+ k try serenity skill it's great.

I just use those 2 for mf on act 1 my other loots are better adds 5.1k dps and 5 something hp

Vossler

LOH is especially crucial for Siegebreaker and Ghom...a buddy and myself did it, but we both had to switch to loh gear....which, as a DH, brought my dps wayyyyyyyyy down.

lol thanks man

I'm not sure what's funny with what I said. You seem to think a DPS build involves using three different main attacks that all deal relatively the same damage. Maybe you like having three attacks, but it's not increasing your damage output. It's just different attacks.

I'm maximizing the damage each one of my attacks does.

My base DPS is 51-52K. My enchantress gets me to 53K. Breath of heaven is constantly on as I use it every 30 seconds, so that get my DPS to 61K. Then I use MoC. That 24% more damage to enemies. Now I'm doing 75K DPS. If I'm spamming MoC on Elites I'm doing 48% more damage to enemies. That's 90K DPS. Then I use sweeping wind for even more damage and occasionally drop a huge bell on some enemies which does nothing but damage. With sweeping wind and spamming MoC I'm doing over 100K DPS.

Of our two builds, mine is significantly geared towards dealing more damage.

scy

The build he listed isn't even offensive focused to begin with. Or defensive. I'm not even sure what it's trying to be, to be honest. I guess just pushing all of the buttons or something.

neoism

I'm not sure what's funny with what I said. You seem to think a DPS build involves using three different main attacks that all deal relatively the same damage. Maybe you like having three attacks, but it's not increasing your damage output. It's just different attacks.

I'm maximizing the damage each one of my attacks does.

My base DPS is 51-52K. My enchantress gets me to 53K. Breath of heaven is constantly on as I use it every 30 seconds, so that get my DPS to 61K. Then I use MoC. That 24% more damage to enemies. Now I'm doing 75K DPS. If I'm spamming MoC on Elites I'm doing 48% more damage to enemies. That's 90K DPS. Then I use sweeping wind for even more damage and occasionally drop a huge bell on some enemies which does nothing but damage. With sweeping wind and spamming MoC I'm doing over 100K DPS.

I'm loling because I'm stupid thanks for the input... besides I only used those skills when I farm... I used/love crippling wave because for the 60% slowdown... but BOH is alot better than I thought.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/neoism-1506/hero/1516357
much better now do 100k+ crits lol still love blinding flash to much to change it....

Ok makes sense you playing later ill be on 7+

I'll try J... not sure

MrDaravon

Spent most of my money (3 million) buying the new versions of the Strongarm Bracers and Andariel's Visage (I had legacy version), was a pretty decent upgrade for the cost, up to about 74k damage unbuffed. I need to hop back on tonight to see exactly what the Poison Nova does on the helm.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrDaravon-1289/hero/11983827

I think I'm approaching the point where my crit % will be high enough to drop Sharpshooter (trying to get it to 30-35% for that, I'm at around 29% IIRC). Not sure what my next upgrade will be; I've reached the point where any upgrades are going to be expensive, and in particular I need some Nat pieces that are not going to be cheap at all, so I'm thinking I should probably try to upgrade my rings next to get some crit on them?

As a DH does your Resists even really matter? Mine kind of suck (around 280), but given that I get 2 or 3 shotted I'm wondering if I should even bother, I could probably get better gear for cheap if I wasn't looking for that as well.

I'm loling because I'm stupid thanks for the input... besides I only used those skills when I farm... I used/love crippling wave because for the 60% slowdown... but BOH is alot better than I thought.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/neoism-1506/hero/1516357
much better now do 100k+ crits lol still love blinding flash to much to change it....

I'll try J... not sure

If I came off as condescending I wasn't trying to be. I'm just trying to give you some perspective.

If I were you I would drop two of those main attacks. IMO thunderclap is the best one. It's a good DPS proc, a great LOH proc and is your best spirit generator out of the three you use. Hundred fists is too slow of an attack and doesn't generate spirit well enough to spam the mantra when you need to.

Then I would add Mantra of Conviction right away. I would also add breath of heaven for 15% more damage. Keep exploding palm. it's a fine skill and plenty fun to use. I would swap out Blinding faith for serenity simply because I use it almost every fight I get into. The 4 seconds of invulnerability is invaluable IMO. It allows you to stand in longer while on plague or give you a little more time to move off of a desecrator. It helps you stand in longer with firechains and also saves you when being vortexed into a pile of arances.

larvi

Does anyone know what the error "you have been removed from the game" means? I've gotten this twice recently and it's annoying to loose a full valor stack. The 1st time I got it I was in a public game so I figured someone didn't like how I played and I got kicked, but I just got it now running solo. Is an admin booting me from the server perhaps?

Shadow780

Moving on to Witch doctor, 6 more playthroughs til everyone's 60.

This game may be flawed in many ways, but man it did saved me alot of money I would spent on other games.

adding to steam backlog doesn't count!

MrDaravon

Does anyone know what the error "you have been removed from the game" means? I've gotten this twice recently and it's annoying to loose a full valor stack. The 1st time I got it I was in a public game so I figured someone didn't like how I played and I got kicked, but I just got it now running solo. Is an admin booting me from the server perhaps?

I've never seen that playing solo, hmm. I wouldn't think it would be an admin booting you, since I could only see them booting you if you were getting banned or something and that's obviously not the case. It might be either a poorly worded error message, or maybe something to do with creating too many games in a short period of time or something?

larvi

Spent most of my money (3 million) buying the new versions of the Strongarm Bracers and Andariel's Visage (I had legacy version), was a pretty decent upgrade for the cost, up to about 74k damage unbuffed. I need to hop back on tonight to see exactly what the Poison Nova does on the helm.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrDaravon-1289/hero/11983827

I think I'm approaching the point where my crit % will be high enough to drop Sharpshooter (trying to get it to 30-35% for that, I'm at around 29% IIRC). Not sure what my next upgrade will be; I've reached the point where any upgrades are going to be expensive, and in particular I need some Nat pieces that are not going to be cheap at all, so I'm thinking I should probably try to upgrade my rings next to get some crit on them?

As a DH does your Resists even really matter? Mine kind of suck (around 280), but given that I get 2 or 3 shotted I'm wondering if I should even bother, I could probably get better gear for cheap if I wasn't looking for that as well.

I like some resists just to avoid getting 1 shotted by the flying moluk fireballs, etc but it sounds like you are already there so probably have enough. Looking at your gear you may want to try and find a quiver with some crit chance to push you to the 35% mark, you should be able to find something decent without spending a fortune. Also while your bow has high raw dps it doesn't have any crit damage bonus on it. It may be worthwhile to play around with something at a lower dps but with either native crit damage or a socket.

larvi

I've never seen that playing solo, hmm. I wouldn't think it would be an admin booting you, since I could only see them booting you if you were getting banned or something and that's obviously not the case. It might be either a poorly worded error message, or maybe something to do with creating too many games in a short period of time or something?

I had been playing the same game for over an hour farming act III so shouldn't have been that. I did recently change my setup so and moved my mpqs directory to a ram drive to speed things up but I wouldn't think that would make a difference unless there is some sort of timing error or race condition bug in their code now that things load a lot faster.

MrDaravon

I like some resists just to avoid getting 1 shotted by the flying moluk fireballs, etc but it sounds like you are already there so probably have enough. Looking at your gear you may want to try and find a quiver with some crit chance to push you to the 35% mark, you should be able to find something decent without spending a fortune. Also while your bow has high raw dps it doesn't have any crit damage bonus on it. It may be worthwhile to play around with something at a lower dps but with either native crit damage or a socket.

Yeah, only problem with the quiver upgrade is that right now my quiver is the only thing that's giving me + Disc, and it seems getting anything with similar levels of Dex, +10 disc AND crit % is super expensive, but I'll keep an eye out. Running into a similar situation with armor, getting anything with similar Dex and + max disc is expensive. Even though I know Vit is not critical for my DH, I'd lose literally 5k HP if I had to drop the Vit on my current armor. I'm at 42k HP right now, and I know that dropping down to 37k probably isn't going to make a realistic difference, but I'm being stubborn about this lol. I should probably just do that and take the plunge on that though, I think as long as I stay above at least 30k HP that probably won't make an additional hit of difference.

I've used one of the weapon comparison spreadsheets to look at bows like you're suggesting, but right now even going to a lower Damage bow (within my price range) but with higher dex + Crit % I still wind up coming out behind. I finally found one today that would have been most of my money (2 million) that would have actually been an improvement, but only by like 1k Damage and I'd be losing 2200 HP so that didn't really seem worth it, but I am keeping an eye out for that exact scenario. Thanks for the feedback!

larvi

Yeah, I took a hit to max disc (only have 5 on my quiver) and lost a bit of dex from my old one in order to get one with crit chance. It's also worth looking at 14% speed ones as I found it didn't make too much difference in my dps. Just something to keep scanning the AH for and hope you get lucky. It's still much cheaper to find a quiver with crit and everything you else you want as opposed to ammys and rings. I've given up being able to afford one of those and hope I get lucky finding one.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

Any idea what kinda price range this would be in? There's nothing like it on the EU GAH at the moment.

Had my 14th post-patch legendary drop today too, a Doombringer 1h sword for my Templar, 343% MF pays off. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom