• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

I'm at Paragon 14 post-patch, running either my "main" gear which gets me up to about 150 MF with 5 stacks, or my farm gear on act 1 which takes me up to about 350 MF with 5 stacks, and I still haven't seen any Legendaries post patch despite getting about 10 pre-patch. Bizarre.

Xamdou

So is the Won Khim Lau really all that? is the +25% extra lightning damage that big of a deal? I am looking to upgrade my weapon to the WKL but I want to make sure it's worth the investment.

okay, I spend all my moneys and here's my monk :
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sven-2689/hero/1415810

35k dps,
37k life,
750 all res.

I feel I can go over 850 all res by swaping my bracers and my chest. Also, I need my head to have a socket and crit dmg but I'm broke at the moment.

My glove lack any res at all my that 10 crit chance is just too good.

If I were you I would sacrifice some VIT for whatever it is you're looking for. I just got back up to 33K but was completely and totally fine with 30K life while farming act III. The only time having 30K life even remotely was an issue was during the icefall caverns in the cave of the feilds. Those bulls charge you and can one hit you if you don't have enough life. You could easily give up 4K life though for some other stat you want. DEX / CRIT % / ALL RES etc etc.

Also ... I have about 780 ALL RES and survuve just fine. You don't need to get to 850. The 750 you have should be enough.

Go for more damage!!!

I just assume that I did something that pissed Blizzard off and they set my chance of finding legendaries to almost 0 and set items to 0

Must be because I stopped paying for WoW

So is the Won Khim Lau really all that? is the +25% extra lightning damage that big of a deal? I am looking to upgrade my weapon to the WKL but I want to make sure it's worth the investment.

How much crit % do you have? Sweeping wind > Cyclone and the boost to thunderclap are nice damage modifers. I would say 30% crit chance makes the build viable. It also depends on how much, if any, DPS you're giving up to run the build.

So ... really ... depends.

Dahbomb

It's solid if you have crit chance at 30%+. The more Cyclones you have on the screen the more worthwhile WKL ends up being.

neoism

if your a crit monk with sweeping wind cyclone it is

Xamdou

How much crit % do you have? Sweeping wind > Cyclone and the boost to thunderclap are nice damage modifers. I would say 30% crit chance makes the build viable. It also depends on how much, if any, DPS you're giving up to run the build.

So ... really ... depends.

Yeah I am a critical monk:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Revan-1285/hero/1064291

I have 42% crit chance and 325% crit damage. I be using sweeping wind w/ cyclone rune, fist of thunder w/ thunderclap. I get 70k total dps after buffs.

I will have the same dps, maybe a bit more but I am eyeing a really expensive WKL.

Yeah I am a critical monk:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Revan-1285/hero/1064291

I have 42% crit chance and 325% crit damage. I be using sweeping wind w/ cyclone rune, fist of thunder w/ thunderclap. I get 70k total dps after buffs.

I will have the same dps, maybe a bit more but I am eyeing a really expensive WKL.

With those skills and that much crit chance, then if you don't give up DPS you'll notice a nice change. Thunderclap does 20-25% more damage and so does your sweeping wind in general. Then the little cyclones to 25% more too. Since your screen is always full of those it makes a difference.

If you lose say 5K naitive DPS (i'm just giving a rough guesstimate ), the buffs won't make much of a difference.

I would be intersted in the build myself, but a WKL with 600 LOH and a SOC with good DPS is pricey. I would want more LOH on my ammy too which would be another expenditure.

ALSO .. do you like MoC? You're like the only monk I've seen use it. Though I imagine the 8% speed increase is nice.

Try that feeling when hunting for a leoric signet ever legendary that isn't a ring hurts then a chance you get the other ring then a chance your ring is only a 20% exp boost instead of the desired 30!

Xanathus

Try that feeling when hunting for a leoric signet ever legendary that isn't a ring hurts then a chance you get the other ring then a chance your ring is only a 20% exp boost instead of the desired 30!
If you're capable of farming A2 or 3 of Inferno, do that instead of hunting for the signet. The price of the ring is too low to make it worth farming now, you have at least just as much luck finding several 60+ legends in Inferno that will match the price of a Signet. And even if you don't find any, at least you'll be gaining paragon levels which actually have a pretty big effect on legendary drop rates.

Xamdou

With those skills and that much crit chance, then if you don't give up DPS you'll notice a nice change. Thunderclap does 20-25% more damage and so does your sweeping wind in general. Then the little cyclones to 25% more too. Since your screen is always full of those it makes a difference.

If you lose say 5K naitive DPS (i'm just giving a rough guesstimate ), the buffs won't make much of a difference.

I would be intersted in the build myself, but a WKL with 600 LOH and a SOC with good DPS is pricey. I would want more LOH on my ammy too which would be another expenditure.

ALSO .. do you like MoC? You're like the only monk I've seen use it. Though I imagine the 8% speed increase is nice.

I was just trying out MoC with +8% rune attack speed. I roll with Man of Retribution: Overawe.

Anyone here using the Stone of Jordan? +30% elite damage. Just wondering if anyone has tried it.

Definity

Been awhile since I've seen a legendary drop. Thinking of doing a full act 3 clear and see what happens instead of doing quick azmo runs.

That's pretty good 30% against elites geez. No I'm hunting to use the ring for bonus exp or saving up blizzard bucks to get it but I'd never use real money at least into a deficit so I'd have to save a lot firdt. And a perfect roll is still going for a lott of gold

Xamdou

That's pretty good 30% against elites geez. No I'm hunting to use the ring for bonus exp or saving up blizzard bucks to get it but I'd never use real money at least into a deficit so I'd have to save a lot firdt. And a perfect roll is still going for a lott of gold

I am eyeing one right now, I have like 40mil saved up and found one at the auction house with perfect 30% damage vs elites, 2 spirit regen per second, +5% poison damage, and +6% fist of thunder damage.

I am just wondering if it's worth the investment.

Update* I was bidding on it then i got the input reach error or w/e it's called and lost the bid! Thanks Blizzard!

Rufus

Farming the Signet (or Nagelrin or Puzzle Ring) is the perfect way to drive yourself insane, even if you have 300% MF. When only one single drop can be worth something, and that drop has a really low drop chance... Don't waste your time, is what I'm saying. Earn the money instead by doing Act 3 runs or whatever. Leave Signet farming for bots and complete nutters.

Been awhile since I've seen a legendary drop. Thinking of doing a full act 3 clear and see what happens instead of doing quick azmo runs.
I did a full Act 1 run to see what it was like now. Got *drumroll* Gladiator Gauntlets out of it, yaaay... I'm sticking to Act 3 from now on, even though I can only do it with my WW Barb, which is starting to wear on me.

I'm like...90% sure that the amount of people who play this game dropped off SEVERELY in the past 2 weeks. Probably lining up with classes starting back up.

Meh ... 30% damage to elites seems trivial to me. Espeically since I tend to look at a level with EXP an hour and get most of my legendaries on trash mobs. The extra eliete damage won't help to much in that regard. I would rather spend money on just upping my standard DPS to clear EVERYTHING faster.

It's not like it takes much time to kill elites anyway once you get 40K + DPS

Radec

So my barb finally hits 1k all res (buffed)..
man even with 35k hp and dps ive been steamrolling everything.

Not fun anymore and Im getting tired of farming.

Vicros

I bought the game on launch day, and last night was the best farming run I've had to date. I found two legendary weapons (I shit you not) including a fantastic Maximus. My barb friend found a skorn and a sky splitter.

As a monk I love doing co-op with a barb. I have 1041 all resists un-buffed. When the barb pops warcry it goes up to 1620 all resist. With my 8500 armor and tank build I simply can not die in inferno. Feels good.

neoism

ibnNMXGkjt0tTW.jpg

so guys what is life on steal.... I got this for 100k and I changed my sword for the mace .lol I'm sure its worth more... even gained some crit dam... I do 40k-120k crits... I'm not good at math lol is it even as good as life on hit..

ZenaxPure

They need PvP and some sort of infinite dungeon type thing bad.

Both of these imo. I understand the importance of pvp in games but I can't say I'm the biggest fan, however, I would absolutely love for some sort of max level challenge dungeon with a boss every few floors or something. In particular I would like something that is more of a skill check than the gear check inferno was. Preferably some mini-bosses with actual mechanics you can't just ignore with enough LoH/lifesteal.

Infinite dungeon could also be cool if there was some sort of option to see how far you can make it without dying, maybe tying some leaderboards to it or something.

DSmalls84

Got my first 1.0.4 legendary tonight!

Butchers Sickle - 1 handed axe

845 damage
131 loh
53 % crit damage
2.5% life leech
24% chance to drag targets to you
socket

Loh and socket were the 2 random magic properties that it rolled.

Not the greatest but it feels good to finally find another one.

Vicros

Both of these imo. I understand the importance of pvp in games but I can't say I'm the biggest fan, however, I would absolutely love for some sort of max level challenge dungeon with a boss every few floors or something. In particular I would like something that is more of a skill check than the gear check inferno was. Preferably some mini-bosses with actual mechanics you can't just ignore with enough LoH/lifesteal.

Infinite dungeon could also be cool if there was some sort of option to see how far you can make it without dying, maybe tying some leaderboards to it or something.

I would love something like this. I really like the idea of a challenging mini boss every five floors or so. Something to break up the monotony. Act 3 is getting really tiresome.

kennah

400k damage on a Hammer crit. Feels Good. Now if only I could wear this gear in something other than Act 1

*farm farm farm*

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
http://i.minus.com/ibnNMXGkjt0tTW.jpg

so guys what is life on steal.... I got this for 100k and I changed my sword for the mace .lol I'm sure its worth more... even gained some crit dam... I do 40k-120k crits... I'm not good at math lol is it even as good as life on hit..[/QUOTE]

120,000 x 0.03 x 0.2 = 720 life

So if you do 40 k damage that's 240 HP on hit, averaged out... If you have 15% crit chance You'd be getting more from life steal than LoH if your min damage is 40 k

Celegus

So, I have rubbish luck finding legendaries anymore but I get this on my alt:

2RWQ3l.jpg

Anyone else find this place? Never even knew it existed.

can i get anything for this the vit is really high and its lvl reduced by 14 lol weird stuff but it has 3 sockets! seriously i looked but things are all over the place.

Untitled-49.png

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
can i get anything for this the vit is really high and its lvl reduced by 14 lol weird stuff but it has 3 sockets! seriously i looked but things are all over the place.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n97/xxjuicesxx/Untitled-49.png][/QUOTE]

If that arcane was all resist... That would probably go for a ridiculous amount of money

larvi

So, I have rubbish luck finding legendaries anymore but I get this on my alt:

Anyone else find this place? Never even knew it existed.

Been there serveral times but never saw a purple unique. I guess I will have to check it out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom