• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got nothing going through all act 1 besides that chest. Go into act 2 normal for one more shot spamming attack so fast didnt even realize a legendary dropped and i picked it up til the end of the run. Still shit tho. O well next one will be the ring! Its gotta happen.

Definity

Got a set item tonight:

i1WEBDzp5jxd7.png

Sigmaah

Down to 190K gold... God damn son!

Act 3 is pretty simple with my WW Barb, die here and there but it's fine with me, much better farming with him unlike my DH. I think my DH is nicely geared but fuck, I hate dying if I make one mistake.

2 legendaries so far post patch and both shitty as fuck. Anyone got a good act 3 farming route they could tell me? I start at kill Azmo then just go to depths and then go from top to bottom. Is that what you guys do for act 3?

I feel like legendaries should drop more often, not crazy often but more then they do now. I need like 100 mill gold to get the old nat sat for my DH, LOL LIKE THAT'S EVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

ZenaxPure

2 legendaries so far post patch and both shitty as fuck. Anyone got a good act 3 farming route they could tell me? I start at kill Azmo then just go to depths and then go from top to bottom. Is that what you guys do for act 3?

Do whatever you feel the most comfortable with. Personally I've been doing everything except the areas past siege breaker (absolutely can't stand the succubi as a WW barb) and the field since I just don't like it. I start out in the lower pop areas to build up NV stacks (basically the bridge to siege breaker and the final path to Azmo) then I kill Azmo and head to the higher pop areas and make sure I kill everything.

That said my favorite spots are The Keep and that random HUGE dungeon before you leave the barricades to the field area. Both of those have plenty of elites and TONS AND TONS of normal enemies. I've found quite a few legendary items over the past few days in those two places alone.

tafer

Worst farm day ever, tons of garbage and like 3 or 4 super troll rares: lvl63+Main stat+vit+all res+something useful... super low rolls on everything.

And of course, I can't sell anything...

Xanathus

Yep, at this point the vast difference in prices between legendaries and high-end pre-patch rares make it so that it's not even worth picking up rares now. One good legendary is worth like 5 top-end rares.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I don't want to be THAT guy.. but

I'm playing again for the first time in 2 months, Witch Doctor, level 54..

what's the GO to combination of spells? or what's worth trying now after all the patches?

I'm rolling with (this was my set up back then)

Spirit Walk - Healing Journey
Mass Confusion - Mass Hallucination
Soul Harvest - Siphon
Gargantuan - Restless Giant

and on my mouse
Poison Dart - Splinters
Zombie Charger - Zombie Bears

and my passive skills:
Spiritual Attunement
Vision Question
Spirit Vessell

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Down to 190K gold... God damn son!

Act 3 is pretty simple with my WW Barb, die here and there but it's fine with me, much better farming with him unlike my DH. I think my DH is nicely geared but fuck, I hate dying if I make one mistake.

I feel like legendaries should drop more often, not crazy often but more then they do now. I need like 100 mill gold to get the old nat sat for my DH, LOL LIKE THAT'S EVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

Legendary drop rate is fine. With rares, you have a high chance to get a drop, but a low chance of it being godly. With legendaries, it's the other way around. At this point, if legendary drop rates become too common, then better than average items will be relatively non-existent.

Yep, at this point the vast difference in prices between legendaries and high-end pre-patch rares make it so that it's not even worth picking up rares now. One good legendary is worth like 5 top-end rares.

Says you. It's not uncommon for me to make 7 figures from an hour-long act 3 run. If not 7, I'll make at least 6.

foladar

Same boat I'm in. My DH has about 105k dps without SS, 220k with and I was working on getting him some more crit (dropped some for Lacuni's so he has 24% runspeed) but my barb seems to run it faster and more efficient outside of molten. Add to that my DH is already plevel 19, not sure if I should switch or not, piece out the DH, or what.

I don't want to be THAT guy.. but

I'm playing again for the first time in 2 months, Witch Doctor, level 54..

what's the GO to combination of spells? or what's worth trying now after all the patches?

I'm rolling with (this was my set up back then)

Spirit Walk - Healing Journey
Mass Confusion - Mass Hallucination
Soul Harvest - Siphon
Gargantuan - Restless Giant

and on my mouse
Poison Dart - Splinters
Zombie Charger - Zombie Bears

and my passive skills:
Spiritual Attunement
Vision Question
Spirit Vessell

Not sure if you have all these spells yet. Sorry I don't memorize all rune names or passives so I tried to explain them. I don't have game open at moment.

I've been using:
Pyro
Mass confusion or hand grasp

Zombie dogs-leaching (healing rune)
Exploding dogs-(rube that increases damage 30 seconds)
Zombie Bears or Acid pool (rune that leaves pools of acid)
Gargantuan-big stinker

Passives:
Zombie Handler-extra dog and life for pets
Jungle something- allows pets take extra damage
Spirit Vessel

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Not sure if you have all these spells yet. Sorry I don't memorize all rune names or passives so I tried to explain them. I don't have game open at moment.

I've been using:
Pyro
Mass confusion or hand grasp

Zombie dogs-leaching (healing rune)
Exploding dogs-(rube that increases damage 30 seconds)
Zombie Bears or Acid pool (rune that leaves pools of acid)
Gargantuan-big stinker

Passives:
Zombie Handler-extra dog and life for pets
Jungle something- allows pets take extra damage
Spirit Vessel

interesting thank you.

This is quite similar to the build i WANTED to use when i got the game, but it just didnt seem possible.

I'm also noticing the game is easier :( (i'm in hell mode i think or inferno? the 3rd difficulty)

and i'm not running into teleport/haste/firecast/invunerable/whatever mobs every 15 minutes

which is kinda dissapointing. only took me 2 attempts to kil lthe butcher :(

Xanathus

Says you. It's not uncommon for me to make 7 figures from an hour-long act 3 run. If not 7, I'll make at least 6.

That's simply because you happened to get lucky with your rare rolls. The point is that once you've hit enough base MF + paragon MF, there's a huge number of rares to sift through and since there's no way to ID all at once it eventually becomes not worth it to spending time IDing and price checking them when you could be out there getting big ticket items.

interesting thank you.

This is quite similar to the build i WANTED to use when i got the game, but it just didnt seem possible.

I'm also noticing the game is easier :( (i'm in hell mode i think or inferno? the 3rd difficulty)

and i'm not running into teleport/haste/firecast/invunerable/whatever mobs every 15 minutes

which is kinda dissapointing. only took me 2 attempts to kil lthe butcher :(

Pets can live much longer even in inferno now. That helps easily as much as the damage increases WD's received. The recent update also cut down on some of the crazy elite combos you used to run into.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
That's simply because you happened to get lucky with your rare rolls. The point is that once you've hit enough base MF + paragon MF, there's a huge number of rares to sift through and since there's no way to ID all at once it eventually becomes not worth it to spending time IDing and price checking them when you could be out there getting big ticket items.

I've gotten lucky for the majority of the past 100 runs, I guess. That's a pretty crazy string of luck.

And the 5 or 10 minutes you spend identifying items and putting them on the auction house isn't so time consuming that it doesn't make it not worth it. If you're seriously not picking up rares and that's not just hyperbole, then you're foolish.

Revoh

Pt4KM.png

Fuuuuck, I sold this for 100k, haven't pay attention when I priced it and sold instantly.
Then I go check for a similar one and the cheapest is 8M, wtf.

linsivvi

It's not just luck. The higher MF you have the more likely it is to get 6 prop rares. Once you've reached a high enough paragon level, coming across rares that worth 7 digits or above is not as difficult as you think. The key point is not to pick up any rare that's less than level 61, unless they are rings or amulets. The base gold find will make sure you have a steady income during runs as well.

syllogism

The odds of you finding a big ticket legendary in the time it takes you id an inventory full of ilvl 63s (and maybe 62s) are likely considerably lower than finding something worth selling in that inventory. Most legendaries aren't worth anything

Insaniac

let me understand something. my wiz is in act 3 with 24k health and 760 fire res, and these fire wall things are 2 shotting me? is this for real?

Dahbomb

Firewalls? You mean fire chains or molten or mortar? Or those fire traps? I am a Monk with about that much All Res, around 40-50% dodge and 47k HP with a ton of armor thanks to seize the initiative. I also take 30% less damage for being melee. I still can't stand for more than a few seconds in anything that is dishing out fire based damage in act 3.

M.D

I finished the game today (I have not played it for a couple of days. I was leaving the keep when I started playing today)

Azmodan talks a lot of shit but he was probably the easiest boss fight in the game :p

The ending was... that's it?

Anyways, I want some advice for the next difficulty. This is my profile

I use the Enchantress, zombie and zombie dogs as tanks, grasp of the dead to slow and damage enemies and spam firebomb and acid cloud for the major damage. Should I use different skills?

As far as gear goes - any changes that I should make? not that I can do much, I use what I find. Maybe I should drop the shield for an offhand weapon? I also wanted to ask - do things like STR or DEX matter at all for my class?

Also, is that a good level to finish the game on normal? I basically explored everything on the map. Should I do the same in Nightmare and Hell, or should I just try to go to Inferno ASAP?

Looking to get into farming, would like some friends on this game to help with price checks and stuff. I have a 60(8) DH and a 60(4) Barb. Not asking for you to carry me or anything, but I would like to some help. All of my friends seem to have quit the game, and my friends list is always at 0. :(

nathan311#1918

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Found two lacuni prowlers back to back.

One sucked and was sold at the AH for 1M, I'm sporting the other one... it rolled +allresists +strength +intelligence and +vita.

Right after my buddy found another one hahaha.

I'm sitting at 43k damage unbuffed (witch doctor), over 4k armor and all resists 600-700.

Finally unsucking myself gear wise.

Poor as heck tho, 7M to my name and saving for the nice witch doctor toys (which cost a fortune).

kennah

Level 62 Quiver,

117 dex
64 vit
15% attack speed
254 int (basically resist all 25...)
and hatred regen 1.07.

Any good?

Sigmaah

Little bro found another witching hour belt... Holy fuck his luck is good. He's giving it to me though to sell, YAY!

30 mill+ for me? Hopefully this shit sells. Yay him <3

MrDaravon

Now Paragon 16, still no Legendaries post patch with about 10-12 pre-patch. I tried two complete Act 1 clears with 330% MF with nothing. At this point I'm starting to get annoyed that I'm not finding any, even if they were shit (all but one of the pre-patch ones I found were shit).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom