• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

IlludiumQ36

I don't expect 63's and legendaries all the time but fuck, stop dropping level 55's in act 3 inferno, that shit is annoying. Working your ass off to kill a mob, BAM, get a lvl 55 item, WOO!

No kidding. Try spending 10 solid minutes working Blood Clan Occultist champions with mortar, molten, illusionist, frozen - then getting a LEVEL 51 DAGGER with 91.7 DPS. It's enraging.

With the RNG already stacked against you, there's no reason whatsoever to be getting low-level drops like that. You can't even smelt it for inferno-level MATS.

I think I've picked up 2, both of them within the first week of 1.0.4. Since then I've stopping picking up blues so it's very likely that I've missed a few more.'

Why can't Blizzard use more colors? LOL.
I usually look at the names. Especially after an elite or boss explodes. Their names are usually long to since they start out with "PLAN:" and then list the name of the crafting plan.

I haven't seen one since just after 1.0.3 when I was farming Act II. I hadn't even formulated my farming runs yet and was still killing Belial.

I feel like they're more rare than legendaries. Though I do completely agree that they should be a different color. Maybe yellow like plans.

Sometimes I think Blizz purposefully does this though. The color of legendary items is very conspicuous. I've missed a legendary quiver before only to find it after back tracking. In contrast a set piece is so bright green there is NO missing it.

Definity

Last week I had two jewel plans drop in the same game. Thought I had made some quick gold but the prices have really bottomed out on them. I think you can still get a bit of gold for the radiant designs though.

All that legendary I got in our game was good for was the brimstone! The two single hand crossbows were decent though not really worth too much. Your monk was really impressive though...I think I'd only played once before with a monk and although he was a tank, he did very little in the damage department but we didn't have too much issues with destroying stuff fast.

That's because I ain't no tank son! My Monk's mission is to melt shit, I just need 2 perfect weapons I am saving for and I will be complete, I have saved about 2% of what I need, almost there, yep almost there...

MrDaravon

Ugh. At least I'm getting them now I suppose. Another Brimstone I suppose.

sjEsN.png

Also in 300 hours I have not had a single Jeweler plan drop. I've probably gotten about 10-15 Blacksmith plans, but no gem ones.

Stripes55

Neo Member
Just curious, what resistance scores should I be trying to build up to for Inferno Act 2 with my monk. Currently, they're at 450 or so. I can do Act 1 no problem but Act 2 clobbers me.

Or is my problem the lack of LoH? I have....none (life steal, yes, but not LoH).

So I just heard that all classes are getting nerfed in 1.0.5 lol if true
Link, or more details?

I'm not too concerned. I still use Trail of Cinders just because it's so much fun even though I know that has already been announced they'll be nerfing it way back down.

I hope they bring back the Exp Shrines for Inferno for that paragon leveling.

syllogism

Just did a short act 3 run (core, keep 1-3, crater 1-2, one level of tower of damned) and got 3 legendaries. Nothing good though (flying dragon, oculus ring, the star of azkaranth)

Link, or more details?

I'm not too concerned. I still use Trail of Cinders just because it's so much fun even though I know that has already been announced they'll be nerfing it way back down.

I hope they bring back the Exp Shrines for Inferno for that paragon leveling.

http://www.diablofans.com

Blizzard contacted a few fansites to inform us of a change coming with Patch 1.0.5. When we post the unofficial datamined changes for patch 1.0.5 they will appear as if a lot of classes have been nerfed. However Bashiok informs us that these nerfs will be out of context, (and are not nerfs but buffs.)

Those changes will be compensated in other ways so that the changes actually end up as a net-buff for players. They do plan to have a blog for these changes, but we may have this information datamined before this happens. Keep checking back to Diablofans for any news on 1.0.5!

Bashiok on the issue

The tooltips will show nerfs right and left all across the board. Those who read the datamined tooltips will likely get a heartstroke of ire. In fact, Blizzard is compensating those nerfs elsewhere and overall all classes are actually going to get a buff in comparison with what we have presently. In short, the datamined patch 1.0.5 will only show half the information and look like the “end of the world."

I don't trust Blizzard on this, they are going to fuck up this badly, People have spend millions of gold (an real money) on their gear, I hope they don't render those costly build useless, otherwise the rage will be off the charts from people who have invested money and time crafting together their builds/gear.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm curious what sort of across-the-board game changes would justify an apparent nerf of individual abilities, yet result in overall more powerful characters.

linsivvi

Oculus ring is "nothing good"?

Dat 1%...

Yeah some of the complaining is getting ridiculous in this thread now. You would think it's pre-1.0.3.

Oculus ring could range from at least a few million to a lot more. I sold the one I picked up yesterday for 32M, and I undercut the market quite a bit....

I'm curious what sort of across-the-board game changes would justify an apparent nerf of individual abilities, yet result in overall more powerful characters.

Maybe something to do with the group control changes, otherwise I don't know why they want to "fix" things when it seems like everything is finally working fine.

syllogism

Yeah some of the complaining is getting ridiculous in this thread now. You would think it's pre-1.0.3.

Oculus ring could range from at least a few million to a lot more. I sold the one I picked up yesterday for 32M, and I undercut the market quite a bit....

Maybe something to do with the group control changes, otherwise I don't know why they want to "fix" things when it seems like everything is finally working fine.
That wasn't complaining at all and I will certainly take oculus over a lot of other drops.

Group control changes will have something to do with it for sure. I agree though. People are happy and not complaining. Just let things be. Why nerf anything at this point?

Buff more skills that suck (they didn't buff enough skills / passives last time) and give us an endless dungeon with increasing difficulty. done and done.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
So for passives I would recomend (almost everyone really) using RESOLVE > OWE > Seize The Initiative.

I've been thinking of switching to the resolve passive myself but I just can't seem to let go of being able to heal myself when I use my skills, especially since I spam them constantly. It helps me a lot honestly. Is resolve that much better? Maybe I'll give it a go tonight

Group control changes will have something to do with it for sure. I agree though. People are happy and not complaining. Just let things be. Why nerf anything at this point?

Buff more skills that suck (they didn't buff enough skills / passives last time) and give us an endless dungeon with increasing difficulty. done and done.
They can't just stop there though!

They should introduce Identify levels. For every rare that you identify, you'll slowly rank up your character's identifying skill and for each rank you can identify one extra item at a time. Eventually you can identify and then vendor the whole lot in one single click. :)

On a more serious note, I think it'd be pretty awesome if they had a way to enter the stats of your item you want to sell automatically into the search criteria on the AH. Also having the AH accessible through the internet would be killer though would also mean I'd become obsessed.

Switching between Acts while maintaining your NV would encourage people to play for a longer stretch.

Allow me to have the bonuses of my follower or something similar when I'm teamed with people. It sucks losing that Crit Chance bonus from my Scoundrel when I team up with friends.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
What in the fucking fuck?!

Glitch in the matrix!?!

These dropped within 1 minute of eachother? Wth?

diabloiii2012-09-1215dwrom.png

diabloiii2012-09-1215tyop5.png

How the hell does that happen? I have both bows in my inventory if anyone wants to verify it I'm on act 3 now farming... lol Jesus.. Wish it would have been a god tier legendary or something more valuable.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

Things are better. But it's a "oh fuck gas is $3.00 now shit's cheap" kind better.

lordy88

If they are nerfing anything, it seems to me that there might be a game-wide nerf, in order to open the door for more viable builds across the board.

That's my guess. If they are nerfing classes, something else is changing too.

Celegus

I don't really mind the constant changes, nerfs, and buffs. It forces me to try different playstyles and different skills, which isn't so bad. I can see why it would be annoying to other people though, especially if you don't follow the game super close and you end up using a gimped build because you didn't realize they changed something.

Dahbomb

I am almost expecting nerfs on various CCs in the game like Ground Stomp which stuns for a whopping 4 seconds. The new system will allow you to stun elites long enough to either get out of a tight spot or just outright kill them. I already use Blinding Faith with my Monk, I expect to see that used more now along with Cyclone.

Wouldn't be surprised to see stuff like "Ground Stump stun reduced to 3 seconds" when as far as Inferno goes that would still be a buff in the long run. 3 second first time stun is way better than the 1.2 or whatever seconds it stuns now in Inferno against elites.

linsivvi

I am almost expecting nerfs on various CCs in the game like Ground Stomp which stuns for a whopping 4 seconds. The new system will allow you to stun elites long enough to either get out of a tight spot or just outright kill them. I already use Blinding Faith with my Monk, I expect to see that used more now along with Cyclone.

Wouldn't be surprised to see stuff like "Ground Stump stun reduced to 3 seconds" when as far as Inferno goes that would still be a buff in the long run. 3 second first time stun is way better than the 1.2 or whatever seconds it stuns now in Inferno against elites.

Yeah, it's a poorly thought out system in the first place. Considering most players will spend the majority of their playing time in inferno, why bother saying blinding flash stuns for 3 seconds when it doesn't?

I'm glad that they are going to fix it with a more reasonable approach though. It probably won't affect monks since most monks use the skill anyway, but it might lead to more builds for the other classes.

I've been thinking of switching to the resolve passive myself but I just can't seem to let go of being able to heal myself when I use my skills, especially since I spam them constantly. It helps me a lot honestly. Is resolve that much better? Maybe I'll give it a go tonight

Move Life per spirit spent to a weapon or two. Helms have it as well. Gear that and use resolve.

Dahbomb

I expect every class to be running at least one CC after 1.05. Expect to see more DH running Caltrops, Barbs running Ground Stomp etc.

Unless they nerf the CCs too much. I also expect changes based around PvP so there are going to be some head scratcher changes in there.

larvi

Sold my 1st item on the RMAH, a Sever I found yesterday sold for $12.50. Figuring ~$10 after blizzard tax for over 300 hours on my DH isn't a very good ROI. But I did find another legendary today, Fury of the Vanished Peak. Maybe I can double my return :)

Keikaku

There seems to be quite the market for crafting materials without regards to difficulty level. I've been able to consistently sell lots of 100+ Essences (Subtle and Shimmering) and Lizard's Eyes and the like. It's not a ton of money but every bit helps.

The increased MF on my WD has also helped me find some really neat socketed rares that are in the 40-55 level range that have sold anywhere in the range of 8K-30K+ each. I've managed to get back up to 400K gold from 200K last night.

Movin' on up lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I wish there was a specific, hard-to-miss sound that played when a legendary drops. Perhaps a "chaching!" when it's a good one, and a Price Is Right losing horn when it's a bad one.

There seems to be quite the market for crafting materials without regards to difficulty level. I've been able to consistently sell lots of 100+ Essences (Subtle and Shimmering) and Lizard's Eyes and the like. It's not a ton of money but every bit helps.

The increased MF on my WD has also helped me find some really neat socketed rares that are in the 40-55 level range that have sold anywhere in the range of 8K-30K+ each. I've managed to get back up to 400K gold from 200K last night.

Movin' on up lol
damn you a broke ass mofo

Zvolen12

Neo Member
Move Life per spirit spent to a weapon or two. Helms have it as well. Gear that and use resolve.

I've been looking to gear towards that but to achieve that amount while still prioritizing other stats like crit %, Crit dge and core stats is tough or near impossible. Ex: A helm with crit %, socket, AR, Dex/or Vit is already expensive throw LpSS and its even more.

Instead I'll attempt to sacrafice in those areas and make up the lost stats elsewhere, I guess its more of a transition then a switch. Thanks

Dahbomb

You can substitute AR with a resist of your choice and you can skimp out on Vit here and there as long as it's above 30k and some LOH. You can get by with 50 lpss on a single weapon.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
You can substitute AR with a resist of your choice and you can skimp out on Vit here and there as long as it's above 30k and some LOH. You can get by with 50 lpss on a single weapon.

Thats actually what I was looking to get, I think my first step is to get more LOH as I only have 300 right now so I subsituted life regen on some pieces instead to boost that. Once I do that I figure I can dump some of the life regen for higher base stats or dual resist then I will have more freedom with the LpSS on the helm and other items such as a weapon.

Also before I dump some vit, I have 35k right now, I wanted to boost my LOH more. Speaking of is there a safe amount to have? I was thinking around 1k would be all I need.

I've been looking to gear towards that but to achieve that amount while still prioritizing other stats like crit %, Crit dge and core stats is tough or near impossible. Ex: A helm with crit %, socket, AR, Dex/or Vit is already expensive throw LpSS and its even more.

Instead I'll attempt to sacrafice in those areas and make up the lost stats elsewhere, I guess its more of a transition then a switch. Thanks

I keep it all on one weapon and look for one that has 45+ LpSS. If you dual weild it's easier to do this. I don't worry about my helm.

Main:
DEX / LOH / SOC

OFF:
DEX / LpSS / SOC

This should still keep things relatively cheap with your main costing more due to LOH / SOC being a desireable trait.

Resolve really helps and if you couple it with a main like crippling wave then you can really reduce the amount of damage you take. Until I got my DPS up high enough to not care, I used Crippling Wave > Concussion with Resolve and it's noticeable.

Yeah 35k HP with 1k loh is sufficient if you have decent attack speed.

That's more than enough. If you get your DPS up, I was fine with 750 LOH and 31K life. Even now I only have 32K life.

I can barely summon the will to play this anymore. I think I maxed out. Or close to it.

Though every time I say that I make more money and get roped back in but it's different this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom