• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can barely summon the will to play this anymore. I think I maxed out. Or close to it.

Though every time I say that I make more money and get roped back in but it's different this time.

Do you really only play solo?

I played the game through solo and started MP to help with this very thing. Adds a new element of fun.

If not, take a break I guess. I came back from my 2 week vacation ready to play.

Dahbomb

Every time you think you are going to quit, you find some item that is good enough to pull you back in.

Changing classes also keeps the interest up, I am having fun playing a Barb although I now realize how much I have grown used to the insane dodge % on my Monk. A MoE Monk in my group is a god send when on the opposite end I loved having a War Cry Impunity Barb in the group.

nitric0

Good deal?
JSF2W.jpg

Talaysen

How good is life on hit for a demon hunter? I've been using life steal (maxed at 3%) and am unimpressed, but I heard that demon hunter skills don't scale well with life on hit. I'm using Entangling Shot - Chain Gang, Elemental Arrow - Ball Lightning, and Vault - Trail of Cinders for offense. My DPS is ~14k, ~46k with Sharpshooter maxed.

I definitely agree that playing multiplayer and using different classes keeps things interesting. I have four classes at 60 now and the last one (WD) is in Hell at 54.

larvi

How good is life on hit for a demon hunter? I've been using life steal (maxed at 3%) and am unimpressed, but I heard that demon hunter skills don't scale well with life on hit. I'm using Entangling Shot - Chain Gang, Elemental Arrow - Ball Lightning, and Vault - Trail of Cinders for offense. My DPS is ~14k, ~46k with Sharpshooter maxed.

I definitely agree that playing multiplayer and using different classes keeps things interesting. I have four classes at 60 now and the last one (WD) is in Hell at 54.

LoH used to be great for tankhunter builds until they nerfed it in 1.04 but I still like having it on mine so I can take out reflecting mobs and siegebreaker without having to tie up a skill slot with gloom. I have about 1300loh and 47k (125k with ss) dps and while I will still die if I ToC a whole reflecting pack, I can stand back and shoot at them without a problem.

Do you really only play solo?

I played the game through solo and started MP to help with this very thing. Adds a new element of fun.

If not, take a break I guess. I came back from my 2 week vacation ready to play.
mehh I play both here and there. I'm just losing the incentive. I've made shittons of real money. Shittons of gold. What's the point anymore lol.

I'm definitely going to stop playing in november as there are other games coming out that will drag me away probably for a LONG ass time if not forever, but november is so far. Don't know if I can keep playing this till then. Got nothing else to pass dat late night time! (sort of).

Definity

I'm getting up to seeing about 1 legendary drop (p20) now for out of at least three or four ACT 3 clears. Finally dropped a storm shield. I heard prices tanked on them haven't checked though. How bad did I do on the rolls?

ibgZr5tdUI9i0O.png

I can barely summon the will to play this anymore. I think I maxed out. Or close to it.

Though every time I say that I make more money and get roped back in but it's different this time.

I'm in the same boat. I've made a decent amount of money with minimal play time, but the economy is on the ropes. I'll probably check back to see if 1.05 puts the economy back on life support for 2-3 weeks, otherwise going to wait for 1.1 to rejuvenate the game for a few weeks before the inevitable crash.

Now if they add a ladder at some point I'll hop back in.

mehh I play both here and there. I'm just losing the incentive. I've made shittons of real money. Shittons of gold. What's the point anymore lol.

I'm definitely going to stop playing in november as there are other games coming out that will drag me away probably for a LONG ass time if not forever, but november is so far. Don't know if I can keep playing this till then. Got nothing else to pass dat late night time! (sort of).

I'd like to see if I can make any real money in this game, lol. Started playing a few weeks back. lvl 60 Demon Hunter. Only real money I spent on this game (besides the game itself, obviously haha) was I bought 2 million gold for $2.75ish, I believe? Just to help me get through rough repairing cost times. Now I'm at around 700K. I don't feel like I can find anything that seems to be worth much (either gold or real money). I'll look through this thread more and keep trying. :)

How does one go about posting a screenshot of an item and it's specs?

linsivvi

Life steal only gives 20% of the life at inferno so with your 14K dps it's essentially giving you less than 100 life per hit. You should switch over to LOH at this point. Life steal is only good once you have really high dps, at which point it becomes better than LOH.

Shadow780

I'm getting up to seeing about 1 legendary drop (p20) now for out of at least three or four ACT 3 clears. Finally dropped a storm shield. I heard prices tanked on them haven't checked though. How bad did I do on the rolls?

ibgZr5tdUI9i0O.png

What else you'd want? other than crit% or vit this is pretty much the best roll ever.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I just installed the starter pack and played a bit of this game; it's pretty fun so far although I've been playing by myself. What exactly are the limitations of the starter pack?

Vicros

So how much to make the staff for the whymshire inferno? total?

It's
150,000 normal
200,000 nightmare
500,000 hell
1,000,000 inferno

so 1,850,000 all together.

It's a complete waste of gold, unless you just want to have it for the sake of having it.

Miletius

Just wanted to throw out a thanks to everybody who gave me advice on my monk a few pages back. I bought about 300k worth of upgrades and cleared Inferno this afternoon. My goal now is to get enough gold to start farming act 3 efficiently, right now I only have 3 million gold so my upgrade choices are rather limited.

Link to Monk Profile for those that don't remember my post a few pages back. I think I'm still wearing some MF gear though.

linsivvi

Ditch that shield and replace it with a weapon with dex, crit damage and a slot and put a green gem in it. Depending on the DPS, such a weapon can be had for very little gold these days.

Rokam

Been farming Act 1 up to level 8 paragon now. Have found 4 legendaries (may be willing to give a couple away if they don't end up selling), but nothing amazing sadly. However I found shoulders with Int/Vit/Resist/GoldFind and somehow managed to sell it for $10. Was surprised, didn't expect it to sell. Now I'm wondering if I could have got more :p.
27 Blizz Bucks to go till MoP and no longer regretting the decision to get the annual pass

turnbuckle

I'm getting burned out on the game as well. Only so much of Act III I can take and having only one upgrade drop for me in the last 60+ hours of play is disheartening. Torchlight is coming out soon so I may hop onto that as I'm gonna need something to keep my recently single self occupied during those lonely winter months. I've never played DOTA before, perhaps I should give that a go. I think the new King's Bounty is coming out soon, but it seems like that's been coming out soon for forever.

Revoh

Woot! My second legendary since the patch!

Most I've ever had at once was 15M gold, I hope this is my lucky day :)

Nice, gratz
That's exactly the item I'm looking for.
Let me now if you want to sell it.
Looking for one with +175% crit dmg, avg dmg +1350

I had a REALLY lucky night yesterday.

Over the course of two games, I found 4 legendaries and a jewel plan. I can confirm that they are the same color blue as a magic item and they just start with the word Design, so keep your eyes peeled.

The legendaries were all just salvaged, but it was still great to see that brown on the ground.

I actually also found a pretty nice damage socketed 1 hand axe with 1050 DPS...pretty nice.

Celegus

Woot! My second legendary since the patch!

Most I've ever had at once was 15M gold, I hope this is my lucky day :)

ID that bad boy already!

Any word if they're stealth deploying 1.05 today? Kind of weird to have a few hour maintenance on a Thursday.

turnbuckle

I've done Act III so many times now. Easily over a hundred hours just spent there. Last night was the first time I saw this group of enemies - it was an Oppressor along with a few enemies I don't ever remember seeing before that looked like they were summoning the oppressor. I turned to my roommate (we both play in the same computer room) and said - dude, have you ever seen this in act 3 before!?! He said about an hour before that he was going to ask me the same thing but I wasn't home yet. Is it just a weird coincidence that neither of us saw this in Act 3 before and both managed to see the same thing within an hour of each other?

Probably just a coincidence but it felt like the strangest thing :p

I've done Act III so many times now. Easily over a hundred hours just spent there. Last night was the first time I saw this group of enemies - it was an Oppressor along with a few enemies I don't ever remember seeing before that looked like they were summoning the oppressor. I turned to my roommate (we both play in the same computer room) and said - dude, have you ever seen this in act 3 before!?! He said about an hour before that he was going to ask me the same thing but I wasn't home yet. Is it just a weird coincidence that neither of us saw this in Act 3 before and both managed to see the same thing within an hour of each other?

Probably just a coincidence but it felt like the strangest thing :p
I've seen it before a few times as well in the first Arreat Core area. It really is odd when you are so used to the enemies and something new pops up like that.

Sorry to double post but this is important, patch 1.0.5 sneak peek!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7155880/Patch_105_Sneak_Peek-9_13_2012

Defensive skills will be nerfed but overall enemy damage is also lowered, new Infernal Machine event where players battle uber versions of the bosses (presumably a boss rush mode), a Monster Power system where players can increase monster difficulty (presumably for more exp/drop rates).

Last thing the game needed was to be even EASIER. Jesus.

Boss Rush? Meh.

Monster Power is interesting, not sure how they'll handle the rewards in terms of drops but the XP thing is easy enough.

Overall, they better have more end game planned because they are making it easier and easier and now faster to reach 'the end'.

I love the game and will continue to play for years on end, but they are really jumbling around at the moment ... seemingly unfocused.

Sorry to double post but this is important, patch 1.0.5 sneak peek!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7155880/Patch_105_Sneak_Peek-9_13_2012

Defensive skills will be nerfed but overall enemy damage is also lowered, new Infernal Machine event where players battle uber versions of the bosses (presumably a boss rush mode), a Monster Power system where players can increase monster difficulty (presumably for more exp/drop rates).

In our eternal quest to promote build diversity; we’ll be making changes to defensive skills across the board while simultaneously reducing incoming damage. The net result is a survivability buff for players, and an increase in build options as defensive abilities become less “mandatory.”

Sound like a nerf to owe is incoming. :(

what was this "Player 8" from Diablo 2? can we custumize the Monsters lvl? like I want to do act 1 but I want the monster to be Act 3 lvl? thus I get the same type of loot?

Sound like a nerf to owe is incoming. :(

Dude, don't even Joke about it, My Inna's set with only arcane resistance will cry if this is true

Well I'm not sure about the other classes, but for DHs especially, Inferno is impossible without Smokescreen/Gloom and Preparation. If they made it so maybe you're not forced into those, who knows, it might be better.

Uber Bosses sound fun.

And lower monster damage might not be such a bad thing since they're giving you a /players 8 command equivalent.

Well I'm not sure about the other classes, but for DHs especially, Inferno is impossible without Smokescreen/Gloom and Preparation. If they made it so maybe you're not forced into those, who knows, it might be better.

Uber Bosses sound fun.

And lower monster damage might not be such a bad thing since they're giving you a /players 8 command equivalent.

I am ok with them buffing non-used skills but OWE presents an unique problem, it's been so essential to Monks that entire sets/gears are crafted with this ability in mind, you stack specific resistances and to dramatically change OWE will mean entire sets/gear rendered useless, and trust me Monks are on of the most expensive classes to gear, if they Nerf OWE I will literally have wasted millions of gold from my gear, and many other Monks as well.

The other weird thing. They're gonna lower damage output of enemies to promote " build diversity". So they're presumably nerfing skills everyone uses and nerfing inferno even more instead of buffing the shitty skills like they were supposed to do last patch.

Doesn't this sort of contrdict giving the player the ability to increase difficulty too?

They better not fuck with owe. This better be mostly about CC stuff.

Revoh

Fuck yeah, seems to me patch 1.0.5 will be good.
But we don't need another nerf IMO. The difficulty is just about right at the moment.
Edit: What's "Players 8"? I haven't played Diablo 2.

ShinNL

They're really trying to kill all HC chars, aren't they? Of course, we don't have RMAH so just make it that all out panic buttons will suck balls so we're forced into SC. I rather stop playing then.

syllogism

Player 8 gave you more loot as a reward for making monsters more difficult (like adding more players in the game), so you will have an incentive to keep getting better gear to farm more efficiently

turnbuckle

I was surprised when the player # wasn't included out of the gates. Just when I was thinking of not playing for a bit they go and do this. :)

V_Arnold

Cant wait to see the Uber boss dialogue boxes!

Player 8 gave you more loot as a reward for making monsters more difficult (like adding more players in the game), so you will have an incentive to keep getting better gear to farm more efficiently

Yep, basically with this and the Uber bosses being included, the game has the friggin' potential to go to a place where Diablo II went...only that for D2, it took 3+ years, easily, while for D3, it is only a few month after launch. I was not expecting neither feature before PVP, but hey... I am not complaining. I am actually happy :D

This sneak peek and BAYONETTA 2 announcement at the same day...wtf.

Vodh

Ubers coming to D3? You mean, like, Blizzard is actually trying to give us some more interesting endgame? Count me fucking in, Guild Wars 2 is cool and all, but man, Diablo 3!

foladar

Blizzard might be on a roll here, leading up to 1.1.

This is my thinking too, if they can get 1.1 or another good patch like these two out in October, it might help them leading into the Holiday season. Definitely hyped for 1.0.5 even with TL2 and BL2 coming out.

The preview said in the coming days we'll hear more, wonder if the patch will come out this coming Tuesday (18th) to "combat" TL2/BL2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom