• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

Oh and I missed the most important point: resist is over-rated since 1.0.3 because it doesn't do anything to the things that really kills you, namely desecrate, molten, fire chain, etc. Only armor reduces damages from those things.

Wait. I didn't know this. So this means that point for point, armour is a better stat to have than all resists?

Also, I'm glad to hear of the defensive nerf. I've been trying out a ton of builds since last week and there's just no way to get away from Energy Armor and it's just getting really boring as a wiz.

MrDaravon

Found a Lidless Wall, what a weird, weird item. Had no idea that they made basically a DH shield, found one with decent IAS, Elemental Arrow Damage and Max Disc but they don't seem to still sell for anything.

kennah

very cute, I'd let my 3 years old play a few minutes to see how it goes, but my wife would kill me, I have to ALT-TAB the game the minute he enters the room :/
The only thing that I'm not allowed to play In front of the kids so far is Space Marine.

The 7 month old gets entranced by Diablo. She'll just sit quietly in my arms for a while when I'm playing.

MrDaravon

Just found a Sever, what the fuck is going on today? I've found 3 or 4 Legendaries and like 5 plans today. Bizarre. Nothing good but still.

Sarye

Getting lucky today and got two legendaries. One was crappy but then this dropped.

nTYnB.jpg

Can I get a price check? The auction house doesn't really tell me anything... What's unique is the life on hit and anything comparable stat wise doesn't match the dps at all. I want to get this one right because I haven't gotten a "good" item ever in this game. Hoping to turn that around.

pompidu

Quick question. I'm still in the "approving" period and its been 4 days since I bought this game and still can't access the auction house. This normal? My card was charged on the 11th.

Vodh

Luck might have finally smiled on me:

q2S9i.png

No idea how to price it tho, similar stuff but without %MF sits at 10M+, and I've seen one with MF but 40 less DEX at 10m... No idea if they move at all tho. Please tell me it isn't just an overpirced flop? If this indeed is worth 5M+ it would be my second ever find like that...

(oh, and I'm EU if that matters)

ZenaxPure

Quick question. I'm still in the "approving" period and its been 4 days since I bought this game and still can't access the auction house. This normal? My card was charged on the 11th.

I had the same problem. What fixed it for me was going into my security options and switching it so it asks for the authenticator every time you log in.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
By the way, witch doctor might be the less played class but gear is incredibly expensive on the ah.

Been looking to get an uhkapian and my god does it cost a lot of gold.

M.D

Can you guys help me out? I'm a WD L53 on Hell difficulty

I can manage normal mobs for the most part although they can also do a ton of damage but most elite mobs are very hard to kill and can kill me within seconds if I'm not careful enough

Maybe I should pick different skills? or try to get different gear? My profile

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Can you guys help me out? I'm a WD L53 on Hell difficulty

I can manage normal mobs for the most part although they can also do a ton of damage but most elite mobs are very hard to kill and can kill me within seconds if I'm not careful enough

It's been ages since I played Hell, but it feels like your damage is very low.

ZenaxPure

If you really want to blaze through hell search for a level reduced weapon. Can probably get a 2h with 800+ dps very cheap. Will make the rest of hell a complete cakewalk. Look for something with life on hit if you can, but don't sweat it too much.

You also don't have very much hp, for hell you can get by with just buying gear with loads of vit and int. It's also really cheap to boot. Should be able to get over 30k HP very easily, if not more.

Otherwise a few things, you might want to replace spiritual attunement with vision quest. I am pretty sure it nets you more mana in the long run and it activates exactly when you need it too. Also I am not entirely sure if poison dart is the way to go, I haven't actually used that rune but I assume it loses any of it's usefulness when you only have 1 enemy. You already have really good aoe attacks with acid cloud and fire bats so you should get something for your primary that does great damage in low enemy count situations.

M.D

It's been ages since I played Hell, but it feels like your damage is very low.

If you really want to blaze through hell search for a level reduced weapon. Can probably get a 2h with 800+ dps very cheap. Will make the rest of hell a complete cakewalk. Look for something with life on hit if you can, but don't sweat it too much.

You also don't have very much hp, for hell you can get by with just buying gear with loads of vit and int. It's also really cheap to boot. Should be able to get over 30k HP very easily, if not more.

Otherwise a few things, you might want to replace spiritual attunement with vision quest. I am pretty sure it nets you more mana in the long run and it activates exactly when you need it too. Also I am not entirely sure if poison dart is the way to go, I haven't actually used that rune but I assume it loses any of it's usefulness when you only have 1 enemy. You already have really good aoe attacks with acid cloud and fire bats so you should get something for your primary that does great damage in low enemy count situations.

Thank you both!

I actually never went to the AH until now... It's crazy how low the prices are! I think the game will be way easier after I'm done shopping lol

I took your advice and switched to Vision Quest.
As for Poison Dart - I thought the skill and the rune itself are very useful against single targets, that's why I switched from Firebomb

Is 109K a good price for this weapon?

GBMVo.jpg

Edit:

Bought it... This game just become way to easy lol

NIR5j.jpg

So I know these could have benefited from sockets and higher armor, but other than that they have near max rolls, right? First good rare I've gotten in a while, any idea how much I should put them up for? The only that came up was Depth Diggers for 300mil but I know these aren't worth that. If I adjust some numbers down there's still only about a dozen comparable so it was hard to get a real idea considering some had one socket but lower stats, etc.

ZenaxPure

As for Poison Dart - I thought the skill and the rune itself are very useful against single targets, that's why I switched from Firebomb

It's a fine weapon, will serve you all the way through hell with pretty much no problems whatsoever.

As for poison dart, I've never used it lol, I love spiders too much to use anything else. How does splinters work anyway? It would certainly be useful for single target if all the darts hit the enemy I was just assuming it had too wide a spread to work unless you were fairly close to the enemy... but I have no clue!

That said I honestly have no idea how the various primary attacks weigh in against each other. I haven't ran into many problems playing my wd so I just used spiders because they made me laugh.

M.D

It's a fine weapon, will serve you all the way through hell with pretty much no problems whatsoever.

As for poison dart, I've never used it lol, I love spiders too much to use anything else. How does splinters work anyway? It would certainly be useful for single target if all the darts hit the enemy I was just assuming it had too wide a spread to work unless you were fairly close to the enemy... but I have no clue!

That said I honestly have no idea how the various primary attacks weigh in against each other. I haven't ran into many problems playing my wd so I just used spiders because they made me laugh.

I used spiders when I played the starter edition... might give them a try now! what rune are you using?

Regarding darts - they hit a single enemy you select, but the rune I use shoots multiple darts that can hit the next enemy in line if the first target dies

Brofist

I'm at 35k dps with shout and running Rend build, I guess I'll start working on more LoH then, thanks!

As a 2h you don't necessarily need LoH. Rend, and LS should cover healing. You prob need a bit more DPS for LS to be effective though. I don't have nearly the AR you do but Act 3 isn't too bad for me. Not as efficient as WW, but more fun imo.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Spine dart does 180% damage to a single target, its the best single target spell you can use other than spirit barrage which costs a lot of mana.

Keikaku

I've hit Paragon Level 1 and am currently in Act 1 Inferno. No legendaries yet, just tons of trash rares. The first, last and only legendary I got so far was a level 18 2H Sword that I used for a while on my Barb lol

Rokam

I've hit Paragon Level 1 and am currently in Act 1 Inferno. No legendaries yet, just tons of trash rares. The first, last and only legendary I got so far was a level 18 2H Sword that I used for a while on my Barb lol

I've gotten about a legendary a day (3 yesterday) since I started playing again a few days ago. Only up to level 10, got one tonight with 0 stacks, went to check to see if Watchtower was up and got it from a mob next to the waypoint. Soon you will be buried in useless legendaries!

Keikaku

I've gotten about a legendary a day (3 yesterday) since I started playing again a few days ago. Only up to level 10, got one tonight with 0 stacks, went to check to see if Watchtower was up and got it from a mob next to the waypoint. Soon you will be buried in useless legendaries!
Excellent! That's exactly why I have 183% MF-for trash legendaries.

T___T

1p3rI.png

It doesn't go that well with my lightning monk. Only skill I could use it is exploding palm but meh...

Or maybe on my barb ? I really dig the Endure Pain proc !

Also :

ka0WH.png

Maybe time to start a Wizard spectral blade tank build ?

This is my Barbarian, not your usual WW spec but I find the play style very visceral. I'm also not worried about fast XP/minute or rares/second... but at the same time I feel like builds like this are pretty underrated in terms of survivability compared to WW.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Flawless-1502/hero/8600485

In terms of upgrades... I think my amulet is a bit weak, my shoulders could use a bump ... but other than that I'm looking at IK Chest, IK Gaunts, Vile Ward shoulders and maybe a 300 mil Skorn as upgrades.

(I probably want to keep 400+ STR/200+Vit on my weapon because getting huge stats off your weapon is currently under utilized and can make the difference up for things like rings.)

Celegus

Sniped this from the AH for 300k. All res and socket as random rolls. Put it out for 250€.

How the?! 300k...? Was it it a low buyout just listed or did an auction seriously end that low?

I've been wondering how spiders stack up against the other skills. The one and only set piece I've found is Zuni's string of skulls that does +11% damage to spiders. I don't have a 60 WD yet to try it out though.

M.D

Is that from the EU AH? I'm pretty sure I saw that a couple of hours ago and thought why the hell would it be only 300K

I... why didn't I buy it -_-

Vossler

Getting lucky today and got two legendaries. One was crappy but then this dropped.

nTYnB.jpg

Can I get a price check? The auction house doesn't really tell me anything... What's unique is the life on hit and anything comparable stat wise doesn't match the dps at all. I want to get this one right because I haven't gotten a "good" item ever in this game. Hoping to turn that around.

This thing is awesome. I would pay you all i have, (which is about 6 mil for it) but you could probably get anywhere from 15-25 mil, probably even more. Has all the stats needed for a DH. Even helps with reflect thanks to the LOH. Minor downside is the poison damage, but you can still probably pull a decent amount.

Circle T

How does "Bleed" work? I bought a Skorn last night for my WD, but I can't seem to tell when/if it's actually causing bleed damage. What attacks/damage will cause the Bleed to happen?

1p3rI.png

It doesn't go that well with my lightning monk. Only skill I could use it is exploding palm but meh...

Or maybe on my barb ? I really dig the Endure Pain proc !

Firestorm Rune on Sweeping wind. It has and extended circle too. Then sell the wand and get some firewalkers. Swap something out for Explodiong palms and watch things burn!

Firestorm Rune on Sweeping wind. It has and extended circle too. Then sell the wand and get some firewalkers. Swap something out for Explodiong palms and watch things burn!

No, I like my thunder sweeping winds because of my amazing WKL and for the tornadoes. So this axe is good only for exploding plam I guess...

ElyrionX

Quote for those at work, please?

I'm on the iPad so it's kinda tricky. Here is the gist of it:

Barbarian:
War Cry - Impunity: Bonus resistance reduced from 50% to 20%.

Leap - Iron Impact: We’re adjusting the design of this skill. Rather than providing 300% armor for 4 seconds, it’s going to provide 100% armor per target hit for 3 seconds. So if you don't hit any targets, you won't get any armor. If you hit 5 targets, you'll actually get 500% armor. We are making this change because the intended fantasy of Iron Impact is a barbarian who leaps into the thick of battle and is super tough. The way the skill plays out on live it is essentially an Ignore Pain that can also move you. For the most part it is better than Ignore Pain, making not only Ignore Pain unattractive, but also the other Leap Attack runes. In 1.0.5, if you want a defensive cooldown - grab Ignore Pain. If you want to leap into the thick of battle and be super tough, take Iron Impact.

Demon Hunter:
In the case of the demon hunter, the class is a bit too binary. If you're playing a glass cannon Smoke Screen build, then you're invulnerable most of the time, and when you make a mistake, you die instantly. If you're using Shadow Power - Gloom with a legacy Natalya's set, then you have near constant uptime of 65% damage reduction, but if you're not using the legacy Natalya's set, Shadow Power - Gloom is a luxury.

Independent of the general defensive skill nerf, we had already decided to buff Shadow Power to last longer. The primary purpose of Shadow Power is to give you a short window of time during which you can unload some damage to recoup some Life. Unfortunately the 3-second duration makes this awkward to use. We are changing Shadow Power from 20% Life Steal for 3 seconds to 15% Life Steal for 5 seconds. This should be a modest buff to the skill as well as making it a lot more pleasant to use. All of the runes are scheduled to see similar changes, such as Blood Moon going from 30% Life Steal for 3 seconds to 25% Life Steal for 5 seconds. Each rune effect is slightly smaller, but for 5 seconds instead of 3 seconds, resulting in an overall buff over the duration of the effect.

Taking into account the across-the-board nerf to defensive skills, Gloom will become 35% damage reduction for 5 seconds.

This developer journal is focused primarily on defensive skill changes, but because the change to Gloom is significant, I want to mention that we are looking at concrete mechanics changes to the demon hunter to introduce new play styles. Many players have mentioned that outside of Gloom, demon hunters seem to lack defensive options. More importantly, demon hunters would like some different play styles, and we agree! Here are a few changes we are adding for demon hunters in 1.0.5 to open up new ways to play:

We are adjusting some runes and passives to provide ways to increase survivability that scales with your Life, Armor, and resistances.

We are changing the Spider, Boar, and Wolf companion pets to be actual pets that can tank for you like a Gargantuan or Zombie Dog.

We are putting a short cooldown on Sentry, but you can have two out simultaneously. On top of that, the Custom Engineering passive will let you have a third Sentry turret! This opens up a whole new play style for the Demon Hunter of establishing a "nest" that you can draw enemies into.

Monk:
The strongest monk defensive skill is One With Everything. We've mentioned it before and it bears repeating - this is something we would like to fix someday, but we're going to take our time. Changes to One With Everything heavily impact existing monk gear. We still plan on addressing this in the future but will do so in a way that does not invalidate the gear monks have invested in.

Resolve: Damage reduction reduced from 25% to 20%.

Seize the Initiative: Changed to grant 50% of your Dexterity as Armor. This will result in anywhere from 750 to 1250 armor for most monks (depending on your Dex) which is comparable to the mitigation lost by other classes. The reduction to Resolve and Seize the Initiative should mean if you want to be a “super-tanky monk” you can still take all three defensive skills, but it should be a lot easier to pick some other passives without feeling like you’re going to blow up at the first Elite pack you encounter.

Witch Doctor:
Jungle Fortitude is being reduced from 20% to 15% damage reduction.

Wizard:
Energy Armor: Armor increase reduced from 65% to 35%.

Energy Armor - Prismatic Armor: Resistance increase reduced from 40% to 25%.

It’s worth noting that we’re going to provide additional alternative defensive options for the wizard such as adding flat melee damage reduction to Ice Armor and creating a Familiar variant that provides passive Life regeneration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom