• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Definity

What'd it cost you roughly for a full set?

About 70mil. And most of the gear was on the low end of the dex rolls. I had been saving for awhile and had made 30mil a couple weeks ago on a set ring that allowed me to finish it off.

Was able to get rid of prep all together and will probably drop SS soon.

Xanathus

Just found this, why oh why did they roll Dex....

fzNgf.png

Talaysen

Found another legendary. Hierophant's Seal. That doesn't even count...

Just beat Inferno Belial with my monk. Killed him just as I died. At least that still counts as a win.

I'm doubting I'll be able to survive in act 3, but I guess I'll try.

Talaysen

Found this too.

MwmFI.jpg

Having trouble pricing this. Found a similar one with lower damage and life on hit but no armor for 1m bid no buyout. Is this worth much more than that? I don't know how much people value armor.

MrDaravon

Found this too.

MwmFI.jpg

Having trouble pricing this. Found a similar one with lower damage and life on hit but no armor for 1m bid no buyout. Is this worth much more than that? I don't know how much people value armor.

I'm surprised the other one is selling at all; does it actually have bids? I think for a ring that's pretty damn good LOH, but no primary stat would seem to completely kill it being worth anything.

bs000

I'm surprised the other one is selling at all; does it actually have bids? I think for a ring that's pretty damn good LOH, but no primary stat would seem to completely kill it being worth anything.

18% mf is pretty high for rings. It's around 400k for the mf alone.

forgrim

oh my f, i found a set chest piece, and arbitrarly posted it at 400 million gold.

it sold instantaneously, did i underprice this??

screenshot003jel.jpg

Talaysen

If you want to check if something has bids on it, select Bid. If the bid price that is in the input field isn't higher than what was shown in search, then nobody has bid on that item.

Ah, good to know.

I just bought a Star Emerald for less than it would cost to craft it myself. Not sure why anyone would put up a gem for that low...

inky

i checked similar items but there was none with armor that high so i just charged it that high. maybe i set the bar

Frankly, don't listen to me I'm out of the loop in terms of prices, but it's about the best piece of that kind I've ever seen. 400m is nothing to scoff at anyway.

syllogism

oh my f, i found a set chest piece, and arbitrarly posted it at 400 million gold.

it sold instantaneously, did i underprice this??

screenshot003jel.jpg
It's very close to best possible rolls for the chest, you probably did underprice it. It rolled high base int, high base vit, high int+vit and almost max armor.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Finally good news! Found some OK inna's pants that sold for 40M and a nice amu that's at 10M right now... finally i might be able to afford something haha!

Xanathus

Found a Lacuni Prowlers! Except it had terrible stats, 75 str, some gold find, and +75 armor <--- wtf how is this even a possible affix roll

How can anyone even worry about 'pricing' too low for that much gold?

You can literally afford to gear up a character to basically max for like 100 mil outside of items like that.

Men, I can't seem to upgrade my barbarian anymore everything has become very expensive and I only have 17 mil to play around with. Help me on what to upgrade next please. :x

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/OwNii-2459/hero/8476156

The only way for me to enter the 100k dmg range is to use my newly found skorn, and buff myself with berserker which gets me 120k dmg but the skorn is soo slow and boring.

Off the bat, upgrade all your gems. It's hard to upgrade some characters because I don't know how much they rely on their LoH, I don't use any aside from Bloodlust passive.

But yeah, get better gems for your weapons and armor!

Got a glory promess with fire res but I'm a physical monk. So I sold it and it went for one million (got 850k out of it) so I go to the ah and bought the same with vit and physical res for 250k. WIN

Prezhulio

after a few days of terrible drops, finally something good

4pTDJ.jpg

i think it's desirable to every class? (it's quite an upgrade for me at least) if it had a main stat or vitality i'd be rolling in dough probably

theytookourjobz

4pTDJ.jpg

i think it's desirable to every class? (it's quite an upgrade for me at least) if it had a main stat or vitality i'd be rolling in dough probably

Pretty freaking awesome. I think it allows you to find a second ring with a high main stat or vit without having to overpay for AS, CC, or CD.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

4pTDJ.jpg

I'd definitely buy that for my wizard. Every single affix here is desirable, and not just for my char. Only thing it's lacking is a main stat, but that's just nitpicking.

Revoh

Sold a Flawless Star Ruby for 2 mill on the AH and never got the money lol. Oh well, 2 mill is nothing so whatever.

Vodh

q2S9i.png

Tried 20m and worked my way down leaving each auction up for a couple of hours, sold @ 9m. Pretty happy with that, my highest sale on AH so far.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Holy shit, I have had the most amazing weekend playing this game...

For months I have struggled to get a single decent item to drop for me. I've had to bite, scratch, and claw my way up by picking up gold drops and whatnot the entire time.

I play monk.

Yesterday I found a 2h crossbow w/ 1393 dps, 139 vit, 700+ loh, and open socket.

Sold it for 50m.

Today I was browsing the AH to buy a new weapon for my monk (i was using a 700dps, 700 loh axe b/c that's the best that has dropped for me) and I found the fist weapon in my profile for 29m. And here's the kicker... it had the radiant star emerald in it already which is worth 15m by itself.

Here is a link to my profile:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Will-1963/hero/8496121

MrDaravon

So my best friend who hadn't played in 2-3 months started playing again a couple of days ago. He was level 40ish, and I noticed that all day yesterday and today he seemed to be on Act 2 Hell on the Black Soulstone quest. I didn't think much of it, until today I saw he hit 60. I thought maybe he was stuck or something, so I messaged him and he didn't reply. So I just gave him a call, he said he hasn't played in months, and there's no one else that would be playing his character. He said that he got a bunch of emails from battle.net about his account being suspended because of something, but he never bothered to do anything about it since he didn't care and didn't play anymore lol.

So aside from that, what possible purpose would there be to someone getting access to an account, but then leveling it and playing the same quest on Act 2 Hell? Outside of getting access to an account, stripping it and ditching it the only thing I could see is if the character had good shit you could maybe use it to farm. But this guy's gear is fucking terrible, and he's doing Hell so I don't know what the point of this is.

Vodh

Hell yeah. A minor buff to AR, 1k more armor and 15k DPS (up to 50k from 35k, buffed witch magic weapon, no glass cannon), and some 2k life too. Love you, Savvy Badge!

Melville

So my best friend who hadn't played in 2-3 months started playing again a couple of days ago. He was level 40ish, and I noticed that all day yesterday and today he seemed to be on Act 2 Hell on the Black Soulstone quest. I didn't think much of it, until today I saw he hit 60. I thought maybe he was stuck or something, so I messaged him and he didn't reply. So I just gave him a call, he said he hasn't played in months, and there's no one else that would be playing his character. He said that he got a bunch of emails from battle.net about his account being suspended because of something, but he never bothered to do anything about it since he didn't care and didn't play anymore lol.

So aside from that, what possible purpose would there be to someone getting access to an account, but then leveling it and playing the same quest on Act 2 Hell? Outside of getting access to an account, stripping it and ditching it the only thing I could see is if the character had good shit you could maybe use it to farm. But this guy's gear is fucking terrible, and he's doing Hell so I don't know what the point of this is.

The person who stole your friend's account is obviously botting with it (for gold, I suppose)

Woorloog

Banned
Is it a common issue that after activating and logging in to D3 starter edition, b.net account gets soft-locked?
Do i have to wait or something before i can log-in safely, without the system claiming my log-in pattern has changeds and requires password reset?

Dahbomb

I just found a 6 property Belt plan and taught it to my BS. If anyone wants to take a chance at it, just bring the mats and I will be happy to do some rolls (no extra cost, unless you are feeling generous/nice). I come to play usually around 9 - 11 PM CDT.

Xamdou

It depends on the item. My stupid legendary boot plan costs 9,400 and some essence. I'm sure good ones and set pieces are considerably more costly.

9,400 gold only? The seven sins plan makes the vile wards shoulders or the older kind (Seven sins legacy?)

Insaniac

Holy shit, I have had the most amazing weekend playing this game...

For months I have struggled to get a single decent item to drop for me. I've had to bite, scratch, and claw my way up by picking up gold drops and whatnot the entire time.

I play monk.

Yesterday I found a 2h crossbow w/ 1393 dps, 139 vit, 700+ loh, and open socket.

Sold it for 50m.

Today I was browsing the AH to buy a new weapon for my monk (i was using a 700dps, 700 loh axe b/c that's the best that has dropped for me) and I found the fist weapon in my profile for 29m. And here's the kicker... it had the radiant star emerald in it already which is worth 15m by itself.

Here is a link to my profile:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Will-1963/hero/8496121

does that block stacking work? or does it cap/ have diminshing returns?

Vicros

9,400 gold only? The seven sins plan makes the vile wards shoulders or the older kind (Seven sins legacy?)

Yeah it's 9400 for my crappy legendary boots. I'm sure it's quite a bit more for a great legendary or set plan. It will probably also require brimstone as well.

kennah

Got some :D and some :( in a quick Act III tag along today.

First the :D
Screenshot058.jpg

I'm not sure whether I should keep it or not. It's a pretty big upgrade from what I had before, but from what I can find on the AH it should go for 20million or more. I have it listed at 25 million right now with no buyout just to see what happens.

I also got this, I saw the random rolls before I saw the damage. Made me very very sad.

Screenshot059.jpg

Cipherr

Waaaaaaaait a second, I just thought of something. Does the new /players command mean that since Act 1 is my favorite act, that instead of farming Act 3 (which I hate) I can just '/players 8' or something then farm my favorite Act with increased difficulty and drops equivalent to Act 3/4?

Insaniac

Waaaaaaaait a second, I just thought of something. Does the new /players command mean that since Act 1 is my favorite act, that instead of farming Act 3 (which I hate) I can just '/players 8' or something then farm my favorite Act with increased difficulty and drops equivalent to Act 3/4?

I highly doubt it will affect drops, only difficulty.

Insaniac

Why's that? That's the way it worked in D2.

In d2, the /players command simulated extra players in the game, raising the monster levels and difficulty, and in turn raising the ilvl of drops/experience gained. In diablo 3, additional players do not change the monsters level and thus do not change the chance of higher ilvl drops/experience, so I don't think they would make the command do so.

(all speculation)

I highly doubt it will affect drops, only difficulty.

For people in this last group, 1.0.5 is bringing the "Monster Power" system. The details of this system will be outlined as we get closer to 1.0.5, but in short this is a callback to the Diablo II ”players X” option, allowing you to increase the level of challenge for increased rewards.

Sounds like higher monster level means better drops, one way or another. That's interesting because does that mean people that are very well-geared already are going to be playing on Monster Power 10 and getting great drops? Thats a rich-get-richer kind of scenario.

But I guess "rewards" is undefined and I've found less legendaries since I've kept a 300+ MF anyway so it's probably nothing to get alarmed about. It is a smart way of enabling the player to play at the difficulty that they find most appropriate.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
In d2, the /players command simulated extra players in the game, raising the monster levels and difficulty, and in turn raising the ilvl of drops/experience gained. In diablo 3, additional players do not change the monsters level and thus do not change the chance of higher ilvl drops/experience, so I don't think they would make the command do so.

(all speculation)

You get more drops. That's an affect on drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom