• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

IlludiumQ36

Waaaaaaaait a second, I just thought of something. Does the new /players command mean that since Act 1 is my favorite act, that instead of farming Act 3 (which I hate) I can just '/players 8' or something then farm my favorite Act with increased difficulty and drops equivalent to Act 3/4?

That would be amazing. Moving through the layout of Act I is so much smoother and cleaner than the other acts. There are several variants of farming routes, long or short, that can be ran.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Saw a crit chance zunimassa's pox up for 70 mil the other day, but I was 5 mil short. And just now I saw a real good AR tal chest up for 80 mil, but I was again 5 mil short. Goddammit :(

ZenaxPure

I just now realized today that gold has became so worthless on the US AH that there basically can't even be a market for cheap items on the RMAH. Last night when I put up gold it was $1.24 for 1 million which means pretty much anything under 1 million gold can't really be sold on the RMAH.

What I'm getting at of course is that barely anything worth buying at this point is under 1 million gold on the normal AH, most upgrades at those prices are for people just starting inferno. It would be nice if blizz could find a better solution for making the 2 AHes more equal. Perhaps removing the 1.25 required base for items and then anything under $1 blizzard only take a 15% cut out of. I could imagine a bustling AH where people are only paying .25 for an item or so.

On the flip side I imagine we've passed the $250 cap as well, right? I don't want to do the math
since I'm terrible at math
but we reached the point where $250 isn't enough a while back, right? At a certain point it becomes more valuable to just sell an item for gold then sell than gold on the RMAH, I believe.

On the flipside gold is how I've been making money now. I only have a few items worth millions of gold atm so I've been having trouble moving stuff on the RMAH. Instead I just started selling my stuff for cheap on the gold AH and then turning around the gold on the RMAH, made about $10 off it last night and it's the first stuff I've been able to sell in a few weeks. All the gold sold within 5 minutes of me putting it up as well, seems that market is still very strong.

Side note: of course I'm not saying everything under 1 mil can't be sold on the RMAH. I mean, some people are just looking for specific stats or are plain stupid, but, I've personally found it hard to sell middle of the road items on the RMAH for a long while now.

Insaniac

Sounds like higher monster level means better drops, one way or another. That's interesting because does that mean people that are very well-geared already are going to be playing on Monster Power 10 and getting great drops? Thats a rich-get-richer kind of scenario.

But I guess "rewards" is undefined and I've found less legendaries since I've kept a 300+ MF anyway so it's probably nothing to get alarmed about. It is a smart way of enabling the player to play at the difficulty that they find most appropriate.

hmm, didn't see that, but then I guess its a possibility. For some reason I just felt like Blizzard wouldn't give it to us that easily :p

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
does that block stacking work? or does it cap/ have diminshing returns?

Yep, works wonders. No diminishing returns whatsoever. I plan on getting another Justice Latern for 64% block chance eventually but first I want to replace my amulet. Note that if you want to wear 2 justice laterns one of them has to be legacy and the other non-legacy since it is a unique equipped item.

Keikaku

I found another legendary!

AYZW9.gif

4uixS.jpg

MzTDX.gif

Circle T

So, I think I finally got my first high-value drop, but as such, I'm a little hesitant on where to price this. I've never put anything up for more than 1M or so, so seeing similar items at 60M+ is a bit new for me. There is very little like it, though, with same levels of stat rolls. I'm not losing my mind, though, right GAF? This IS a crazy good drop, isn't it? Does a starting bid of 100M seem outrageous?

K9EBq.jpg

So, I think I finally got my first high-value drop, but as such, I'm a little hesitant on where to price this. I've never put anything up for more than 1M or so, so seeing similar items at 60M+ is a bit new for me. There is very little like it, though, with same levels of stat rolls. I'm not losing my mind, though, right GAF? This IS a crazy good drop, isn't it? Does a starting bid of 100M seem outrageous?

K9EBq.jpg

100M seems like quite a bit for that weapon. This doesn't have a buyout but an opening bid of 10M and its effectively just a notch below (by 15 INT, 19 VIT, 46 LOH, no damage converted to life but higher DPS):

7aG62.jpg

In d2, the /players command simulated extra players in the game, raising the monster levels and difficulty, and in turn raising the ilvl of drops/experience gained. In diablo 3, additional players do not change the monsters level and thus do not change the chance of higher ilvl drops/experience, so I don't think they would make the command do so.

(all speculation)

Then noone will play it if there is no risk/reward mechanism.

Altrough I'm not sure how they will balance it.

Act 1 zombies with 600% HP will still be ultra easy to kill for anyone.

kennah

100M seems like quite a bit for that weapon. This doesn't have a buyout but an opening bid of 10M and its effectively just a notch below (by 15 INT, 19 VIT, 46 LOH, no damage converted to life but higher DPS):
This one you linked has no Str which increases the value by a lot. He could probably start at 15-20 million t see where it goes.

Protip - wait until next weekend to post the weapon. List it so it ends on Saturday night.

turnbuckle

Sounds like higher monster level means better drops, one way or another. That's interesting because does that mean people that are very well-geared already are going to be playing on Monster Power 10 and getting great drops? Thats a rich-get-richer kind of scenario.

This is how it's been in almost any kind of game with a level/gear system for progression. Want to get ilvl 63 gear? Well, you can get those in Hell difficulty in Act 3-4 at a very low rate but it's easier. If you're a little better geared you can get a little better chance of it in act 1 of Inferno. But if you want a lot of lvl 63s and higher lvl legendaries you should be doing act 3 and 4. Better gear to get better drops.

Rufus

The most gold I've ever had is ~150k :(
Not to be a dick (but let me be a dick), you're doing it wrong.
I haven't played all that much and recently cashed out all of my 15m. Now I'm back at 7m. Listing stuff on the AH is tedious and knowing what's worth something and what isn't takes time (and it changes), but it's not impossible.
Pick up blues with gold find (Ransacking, Prosperous prefixes). Rares with reduced level requirement. Helms with sockets, even ilvl 60 are worth something now that everyone wants a ruby for leveling. Pick up and sell square and flawless square emeralds, they are worth the most. Then rubies, topaz(es?) and amethysts, in that order. Sell Tomes of Secrets in batches of 100 or 500 if you're not using them. Tomes of Jewelcrafting have tanked, but you can still get more than you would from a vendor, so if you have some left over from running through hell, sell those too. Selling Inferno mats doesn't seem worth it any more, so pick up every rare (and maybe even +1k blues) and vendor them to make up for repairs.

Circle T

This one you linked has no Str which increases the value by a lot. He could probably start at 15-20 million t see where it goes.

Protip - wait until next weekend to post the weapon. List it so it ends on Saturday night.

Good call. I'm going to give it a shot a couple times with a high list, see if anyone bites. If nothing, I'll wait and post it Friday morn with a lower bid and no buyout and see where it ends up. I only just started playing a Barb, so I'm not high level yet, but this seems like it should be perfect for people going WW, right? Good damage, STR, VIT, LOH, LS, and a socket.

Like I said, I've never sold anything for much over 1M, so this will be great even if it only pulls 20-30M. My other characters are to the point where meaningful upgrades are in the millions to tens of millions, so a windfall of gold will certainly help.

kennah

Good call. I'm going to give it a shot a couple times with a high list, see if anyone bites. If nothing, I'll wait and post it Friday morn with a lower bid and no buyout and see where it ends up. I only just started playing a Barb, so I'm not high level yet, but this seems like it should be perfect for people going WW, right? Good damage, STR, VIT, LOH, LS, and a socket.

Like I said, I've never sold anything for much over 1M, so this will be great even if it only pulls 20-30M. My other characters are to the point where meaningful upgrades are in the millions to tens of millions, so a windfall of gold will certainly help.

It's an amazing weapon. I'm rather jealous :)

Celegus

What kind of gear goes well together for a Fists of Thunder monk? I got a Won Kim Lau for the +lightning damage and a Madstone with +FoT damage. Are there any other pieces I should aim for? I was trying to avoid a crit-heavy build since that's what all my other classes are, and just build lots of dex and damage modifiers.

I see that the strength is worthwhile because it opens it up to the barb market, but because the intelligence is higher I was looking at it at more as a wizard/witch doctor equipment. Being open to a wider market does increase the value but to whomever does buy it, 100 in a tertiary stat isn't going to represent much value and drive the price much higher (but I get that there will be a larger pool of people bidding on it). Starting at 15-20 mil sounds appropriate for a first listing moreso than 100 mil as far as I can tell, which is still great.

What kind of gear goes well together for a Fists of Thunder monk? I got a Won Kim Lau for the +lightning damage and a Madstone with +FoT damage. Are there any other pieces I should aim for? I was trying to avoid a crit-heavy build since that's what all my other classes are, and just build lots of dex and damage modifiers.

If you're building a lightning monk, you need to run sweeping wave > cyclone and up your crit % ...

Sorry if you were trying to avoid that.

Celegus

If you're building a lightning monk, you need to run sweeping wave > cyclone and up your crit % ...

Sorry if you were trying to avoid that.

Ah that's kind of a bummer. I was really hoping to avoid building as much crit as possible for once. Are there any other weapons or reasonably priced armor that also add lightning damage?

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
The most gold I've ever had is ~150k :(

Okay, you really have to make a video showing us how you're playing this game, cause it seems that week after week you complain about how poor you are. After all this time with the game and all this time telling us about your woes on this thread I can't believe you genuinely have never managed to go beyond 150k gold. It's completely baffling to me. How often do you even play this game?

Ah that's kind of a bummer. I was really hoping to avoid building as much crit as possible for once. Are there any other weapons or reasonably priced armor that also add lightning damage?

The reason you need crit is for sweeping wind. The spell doesn't reach its maximum power until you've had three crits go off. Then each crit after releases a cyclone that does damage to nearby enemies. They also have chances to crit. I played with 4 monks and we just about broke the game with all the cyclones on screen.

It's fun build though ... you'll need about 30% total crit % though.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Okay, you really have to make a video showing us how you're playing this game, cause it seems that week after week you complain about how poor you are. After all this time with the game and all this time telling us about your woes on this thread I can't believe you genuinely have never managed to go beyond 150k gold. It's completely baffling to me. How often do you even play this game?

I agree, I'm baffled at how you can only have 150k max at this point. I make that almost by just gold drops/vendor loot in a Act 3 farm run.

omgring.jpg

My first legendary worth a crapload.

Question is how much?

The attack speed % is the random roll, there are zero versions of this ring with attack speed on the AH. It's actually rolled similar to the other ring in the set.

I was thinking 100m with 200m buyout?

omgring.jpg

Question is how much?

The attack speed % is the random roll, there are zero versions of this ring with attack speed on the AH. It's actually rolled similar to the other ring in the set.

US price make me spit my coffee every time.

Xamdou

omgring.jpg

Question is how much?

AS does look rare for that Litany ring, so yea 100mil starter and 200mil b/o sounds reasonable.

M.D

I think this may be the best item I found

j8jVQ.jpg

Looking at the AH, prices for similar rings (but not exactly the same) go from 800K to 80M
I'm hoping to get a million out of this

linsivvi

omgring.jpg

Question is how much?

Don't. I had one a couple weeks ago with MF as the random roll and it sold for 100M. Prices of top items have inflated since then and yours have attack speed.

I'd start with at least 200M with no buyout.

pompidu

need a price check on an amulet, cant really find anything similar that isn't a retarded pricing on the auction house

lvl 50

+59 Strength
+96 Intelligence
+96 Vitality
+46 life after each kill
Critical Hit Chance increased by 2.0%
Monster kills grant +21 experience

Celegus

need a price check on an amulet, cant really find anything similar that isn't a retarded pricing on the auction house

lvl 50

+59 Strength
+96 Intelligence
+96 Vitality
+46 life after each kill
Critical Hit Chance increased by 2.0%
Monster kills grant +21 experience

I don't claim to be an expert, but I'd probably throw it up for like 50k and hope someone bites. The only stat that's even worth anything is +exp.

Miletius

Been playing around on my DH the last few days, total change of style to my Monk. It's nice to be able to switch back and forth.

DH style seems very much to be, don't get trapped, have room to move, and kill stuff fast, which is the opposite of my monk, who has middling dps but can survive almost everything.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
omgring.jpg

Question is how much?

I'd say higher. The evil in me says I should tell you it's not worth as much as you think and you should sell it to me for like 5 mil because God knows I could use that, but honestly even a starting price 200 mil seems reasonable. It's got every single stat I could want. Every single one. Plus I suppose you don't play on the EU servers so it's not like I could buy it anyway.

Still :'(. Good for you!

I'd say higher. The evil in me says I should tell you it's not worth as much as you think and you should sell it to me for like 5 mil because God knows I could use that, but honestly even a starting price 200 mil seems reasonable. It's got every single stat I could want. Every single one. Plus I suppose you don't play on the EU servers so it's not like I could buy it anyway.

Still :'(. Good for you!

I'm on EU. I'm a also not stupid :)

this new patch has to drop tomorrow so a blog post detailing the new uber modes, or Boss Mode or Player X mode should be up any moment now, this is when we finally know if we have been really nerfed or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom