• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

Jedi2016

Kill Skeleton King on Normal... get a Rare...

... which is a Monk only weapon when neither of the players were a Monk.

Yup, this is not smart drop/Loot 2.0.
Wow, really? If that's what you expect from Loot 2.0, you are setting yourself up for some major disappointment.

I read something in one of the reviews about this game supporting character export to USB. Does this mean that I could transfer my character from 360 to PS4?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I read something in one of the reviews about this game supporting character export to USB. Does this mean that I could transfer my character from 360 to PS4?

I doubt it. If anything, they probably meant being able to take your file over to a friend's house for some couch co op.

foladar

Unless they had special permission from Blizzard, those streams will probably be nuked soon.

that's what i figured too, but it's been on for 3+ hours now. usually acti/blizz streaming before release games get nuked really fast. def wouldn't risk my account with it if i had it, but it's fun to watch.

d0c_zaius

just a heads up that ps3 version DOES have screen tearing when there are transparent particles (fog) on the screen. It's not tons of tearing but it's there (act 1) sometimes.

Don't really get the people in this topic saying there is no tearing as its obvious it's going to happen within the first minute or so of gameplay. Kinda bummed I believed their impressions.

Drewfonse

Is this game worth playing solely as a single player game? I'm seriously considering picking it up. I've read that Normal difficulty is too easy. Is that the only option on a first play through?

foladar

Is this game worth playing solely as a single player game? I'm seriously considering picking it up. I've read that Normal difficulty is too easy. Is that the only option on a first play through?

you can turn up the difficulty on your first playthrough, believe there's 8 difficulty levels. saw the guy doing it on live stream and he was only level 12. it's definitely worth it if you're into this kind of game, think TRU has it for $45 too.

Drewfonse

you can turn up the difficulty on your first playthrough, believe there's 8 difficulty levels. saw the guy doing it on live stream and he was only level 12. it's definitely worth it if you're into this kind of game, think TRU has it for $45 too.

Cool!

I saw the TRU deal. Comes to $50 after tax, not bad.

that's what i figured too, but it's been on for 3+ hours now. usually acti/blizz streaming before release games get nuked really fast. def wouldn't risk my account with it if i had it, but it's fun to watch.

PR contact from Blizzard told me I could stream away. The embargo is over. It's ok guys. Ill be streaming tommorrow.

legbone

preordered this on my lunch break. played the shit out of diablo and diablo II. my computer sucks so i never got to play this one. 360 version here. seems like this and gtav will keep me busy for a good lone while.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
preordered this on my lunch break. played the shit out of diablo and diablo II. my computer sucks so i never got to play this one. 360 version here. seems like this and gtav will keep me busy for a good lone while.

360 version for me as well, but hot damn, your avy reminded me just how bad I want a new Blackthorne. D:

legbone

you and me both. maybe the diablo III console cash could go toward an xbla release of some sort. who knows, if diablo III does well on consoles, maybe we will see blizzard release more games on them. here's hoping.

edit: of course that's assuming blizzard even still owns the rights to blackthorne. i don't know.

mdisen

Banned
It's really disappointing how generous critics are with this game. It's by no means the worst game I've ever played, but it fails to rise above mediocrity and is even downright bad in some respects (story, itemization, auction house).

Dahbomb

It's really disappointing how generous critics are with this game. It's by no means the worst game I've ever played, but it fails to rise above mediocrity and is even downright bad in some respects (story, itemization, auction house).
AH isn't in the console versions and most critics/gamers don't put much stock into the story. The itemization is a problem you only run into after getting into Inferno and by that time most journos would've quit the game and given their verdict. The game is very fun and playable when leveling up your character from 1-60. They really nailed the basic feel of the combat which is what allows people to play the game for so long despite mediocre RPG elements.

The funny thing is that most critics don't even view it as an RPG anymore. Its basically no more of an RPG than Borderlands 2. It's an isometric action game with loot and most journos reviewed it as such. Also the Co-op seems to be fun as well.

Have you played the console version?

Karak

Lord my eyes are crossed from playing this so much yoinkes.
Loving the various difficulties though. You can really dial it in.

Lord Phol

Played through act 1 today 2-3 player local co-op. Took a while to get rare items but after skeleton king we got a lot of em. No legendaries though :( Works really nicely on console, especially that the other players can go afk so that the AI takes over/teleports. But the item management is really cumbersome, can you really not see the stats of an item before picking it up? Disaster if not. After a while we skipped picking up most stuff since gold is useless without AH anyway (just used it to upgrade the blacksmith).

A few new things compared to the PC version which made me go 'duh, why is this not on PC already'. Also the camera is usually more zoomed-in which is both good and bad since if another player is lagging behind you don't see what's up ahead.

This is a bit worrying, in the Champions of Norrath games the vendors were actually worth looking through and Diablo 2 had the gamble system. Would have been nice if they had tuned this version so vendors aren't useless.

How does saving work in local multiplayer? Does every player need to make their own profile or are every character (including ur friends) saved on the main profile?

ShinMaruku

Now that I am making my wizard build, how hard will it be to gear for a crit mass build? Diablo 3 pros help a brother out.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Four more days...

Xyphie

How do they handle mapping skills with a user-variable cast range like for example Barbarian's leap to a controller? Fixed range? Zero interest in the console version myself since there's no online only mode that ties into B.net so I'm more curious how it many affect future class/skill design in the PC version.

How do they handle mapping skills with a user-variable cast range like for example Barbarian's leap to a controller? Fixed range? Zero interest in the console version myself since there's no online only mode that ties into B.net so I'm more curious how it many affect future class/skill design in the PC version.

On console, you just face the monster and it picks up the target you're aiming at, then you can leap, dash, cast blizzard on it, whatever to the target.

On console, you just face the monster and it picks up the target you're aiming at, then you can leap, dash, cast blizzard on it, whatever to the target.

Makes me wonder if the Demon Hunter class will not be a frustrating mess with you trying to aim at a certain stronger enemy instead of the weaker one's.

Lunchbox

Banned
why does diablo look so colorful and cheerful

they need to dark this shit up for us with a patch. This isnt PC crowd, im used to gritty mature games with adult themes like Black Ops 2

why does diablo look so colorful and cheerful

they need to dark this shit up for us with a patch. This isnt PC crowd, im used to gritty mature games with adult themes like Black Ops 2

oh_you.gif

Freezard

This is a bit worrying, in the Champions of Norrath games the vendors were actually worth looking through and Diablo 2 had the gamble system. Would have been nice if they had tuned this version so vendors aren't useless.

How does saving work in local multiplayer? Does every player need to make their own profile or are every character (including ur friends) saved on the main profile?

Well there are a few gold sinkers once you get to Inferno, like the lvl 63 armor recipes that you can craft and the gem upgrading system. But what I really meant is that you don't need gold up until Inferno since vendors mostly sell trash, upgrading low tier gems is dirt cheap and crafting items is just meh since I constantly found upgrades from monsters. Plus you'll just get a lot more gold later on anyway.

Every player needs to make their own profile (playing on 360) and it auto-saves all the characters now and then.

Makes me wonder if the Demon Hunter class will not be a frustrating mess with you trying to aim at a certain stronger enemy instead of the weaker one's.

You can cycle through targets with a button. But yeah, it was a pain to actually know what the hell I was shooting at with my Poison Darts, especially if a bunch of enemies were grouped together. Could just be that I was playing with others locally though, but the display for what enemy is targeted is really weak.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Now that I am making my wizard build, how hard will it be to gear for a crit mass build? Diablo 3 pros help a brother out.
Minimum specs for a good CM build (read: effectiveness won't be as apparent until you're at this point):
2.74 APS, 50% CC, 17 APOC. Sheet DPS isn't as important as meeting this spec.

Chantodo's wand with IAS.
Chantodo's source with APOC. (Important to get it here as otherwise you can only get APOC from a helmet, and you need the next item -)
Mempo of Twilight helmet. (IAS)
Tal Rasha's chest. (IAS)
Witching Hour belt. (IAS)
Blackthorne Pants (important source of LOH for a slot that's not jewelry)
Natalya's Ring (IAS standard)
Natalya's Boots (Need two Nat's pieces for the 7% CC bonus)
IAS/CC on other ring, gloves, and amulet (closest to 10% on each as you can); LOH and CD optional, CD more so
Shoulders - anything (no Legendary shoulders have IAS or CC).

When I was done, my Wiz had 3.01 APS, 59%CC, 17APOC, with all of these pieces. 160K damage. Other players here can attest that my character wasn't total trash. It was pretty good.

In 1000 hours played on the PC version I had three of these items drop.

Now is the time you pray for your loot tables to be as improved as promised. Or else, be ready to play for a very, very, very, very, very long time.

I've played it this morning on 360, why is this a better game Blizzard? Fuck.

OK so my fiance, she's a hairdresser, she's not a gamer, not at all. She does play Tripple Town on her iphone (Which I gave her which she proceeded to crack the screen there isn't an Apple product she has not cracked yet) and she does enjoy Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 on 360 which she is pretty good at.

I ironically left her with Diablo 3 on PC when she was off and I went to work, I came back from work and she was still in her pajamas and jamming the shit out of the game with her Demon Hunter.

Gentlemen, she must NEVER, EVER play this shit right here, I've been gaming long enough to know this will ruin my prospect of marriage and destroy lives. My fiance is a possible Diablo Stoner.

Anyways, props to Blizzard for a stellar console port, game runs real smooth, little rough around the edges, but they understand the importance of smooth as butter ass gameplay, also rolling with the right stick is the new Castlevania backwards shift, it's bananas.

The physics are all there as well, so prep yourself a barb and enjoy the Angry Birds thunderclaps.

Tomorrow, when I'm so hungover I want to die, me and the missus are going to jam this shit in good old fashioned God fearing Television local co-op. No facebook sharing, no tweeting, no voice, no fucking head tracking motion sensing horse shit, just me, my girl, a couch, and Diablo 3, offline, enjoying ourselves, the game feels oldschool on console, and I mean that in the best way possible.

8.9 nipples out of 10.

derwalde

do i get all the preorder codes from the shop i bought d3 from? there was only a code for the infernal helm in the package (ps3 version).

Skeff

Played last night till 1am and then the girlfriend came home and i had to turn it off, it's going to be one of those games, buckle yourselfs in.

BTW I didn't notice any screen tearing at all it seemed to run at a constant 60FPS with no tearing, maybe i'm being dumb, but i didn't see anything on PS3.

smr00

Banned
Has it been confirmed if you can transfer your PS3 character to PS4? I love the idea of playing D3 without shitty RMAH, with a dodge/roll mechanic and controller. Just seems like a better version but i also don't want to invest another 100 hours on the PS3 verison only to have to restart all my progress a third time on the PS4.

Santar

There's a new interview about the console versions over at Diablofans

Work on the PS4 version of the game is already underway
There is the possibility that players with the PS3 version of the game, might also be able to play their characters on the PS4
The developers are thinking of interesting ways to use the PlayStation 4 controller and specifically the Trackpad and the Share button. The first, for example, could be used to manage the inventory
Another possible integration is between the PlayStation 4 and the PS Vita. Nothing about it is shared though
The game will continue to be updated on console, in standard Blizzard fashion
Nothing is mentioned on the possibility of DLC or the possible release of Reaper of Souls on console
Nothing so far on the Xbox One version of the game

Good to hear the console versions will get updates. Hopefully the ps3 to ps4 transfer works out.

JCizzle

Has it been confirmed if you can transfer your PS3 character to PS4? I love the idea of playing D3 without shitty RMAH, with a dodge/roll mechanic and controller. Just seems like a better version but i also don't want to invest another 100 hours on the PS3 verison only to have to restart all my progress a third time on the PS4.

This is a deal breaker for me in terms of a buy decision. Haven't heard either way.

Lord Phol

There's a new interview about the console versions over at Diablofans

Work on the PS4 version of the game is already underway
There is the possibility that players with the PS3 version of the game, might also be able to play their characters on the PS4
The developers are thinking of interesting ways to use the PlayStation 4 controller and specifically the Trackpad and the Share button. The first, for example, could be used to manage the inventory
Another possible integration is between the PlayStation 4 and the PS Vita. Nothing about it is shared though
The game will continue to be updated on console, in standard Blizzard fashion
Nothing is mentioned on the possibility of DLC or the possible release of Reaper of Souls on console
Nothing so far on the Xbox One version of the game

Good to hear the console versions will get updates. Hopefully the ps3 to ps4 transfer works out.

Nice find! The bolded stuff should be their main focus for the next-gen versions. Good to hear that they will keep updating the game on consoles.

Top Bottom