• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

pixlexic

Banned
does this game not save to the servers? Technically it seems like you should be able to pull up your character regardless of platform.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Game is released 3rd September :3

Santar

Can't wait to get my hands on the game, reading about those that got lucky and have it now makes it even harder to wait :p
Even though I have the pc version I've never really felt like I actually owned the game because of that horrible drm.
Sadly no stores here were selling it early today :(

DustinC

Just started Nightmare on a review copy for 360, netted about 15 legendary drops in Normal, 8 of them in Act 2. That's a little more than half the total legendary/set drops I've seen on my P-Level 37 Monk on PC. Everything but two of those 15 drops were useful upgrades with dex/vit/attack speed boosts.

So yeah, that seems better.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just started Nightmare on a review copy for 360, netted about 15 legendary drops in Normal, 8 of them in Act 2. That's a little more than half the total legendary/set drops I've seen on my P-Level 37 Monk on PC. Everything but two of those 15 drops were useful upgrades with dex/vit/attack speed boosts.

15... legendaries... wtf.

Santar

15 legendaries sounds maybe a little high?
I just hope they've balanced the legendary drops so you don't actually get too many of them. They sorta loose they're value if you stumble upon them too much, at least for me.
I like them to actually be rare. Diablo 2 had the them pretty much perfect in that respect.
Guess I'm just worried blizzard think "console players" need to find awesome weapons all the time to coninue playing.

Lord Phol

Lol wat? Unless you are just incredibly lucky that's way better than on PC. Spent ~150 hours on PC and have only gotten one legendary and it was pretty bad (nutcracker or something). Will be interesting to see how my luck fairs in this version.

Neki

Tempted to buy this just for couch co-op with the girlfriend, already logged 200 hours on the PC though, ugh, decisions!

zulfate

Tempted to buy this just for couch co-op with the girlfriend, already logged 200 hours on the PC though, ugh, decisions!

i am having the exact same issue, i really dont know what to do but to start all over again is kinda meh :/ and not only that but notice all the differences is going to annoy me compared to the pc version

.la1n

It's going to be so difficult to just wait for the PS4 version...man I don't know what to do.

Might as well get it and you can always get the PS4 version later. I doubt it would break your wallet so badly you'd never be able to afford the PS4 version later. That's how I like to look at it.

Dahbomb

15 Legendaries for Normal is damn good. I have gone through 1-60 about 4 times and every time I got like 2 MAYBE 3 Legendaries on Normal and about the same on Hell/Nightmare.

Seems like a legitimate improvement, I wonder how this bodes for Inferno.

Lol wat? Unless you are just incredibly lucky that's way better than on PC. Spent ~150 hours on PC and have only gotten one legendary and it was pretty bad (nutcracker or something). Will be interesting to see how my luck fairs in this version.

It's not luck. I have almost full legendary in my mid-upper 20s. The console version drop rate is made for you to improve gear as you progress and not throw random trash like thorns dmg on your gear. ATM I am rushing to 60 inferno Master 1 to see how drops are with my Rapid Fire/Turret DH. But I will say that gear that drops seems to always be an improvement for my DH while leveling up. I don't know if you would call that loot 2.0 or not but I have firewalkers at 48 and that is not possible on PC.

Lord Phol

It's not luck. I have almost full legendary in my mid-upper 20s. The console version drop rate is made for you to improve gear as you progress and not throw random trash like thorns dmg on your gear. ATM I am rushing to 60 inferno Master 1 to see how drops are with my Rapid Fire/Turret DH. But I will say that gear that drops seems to always be an improvement for my DH while leveling up. I don't know if you would call that loot 2.0 or not but I have firewalkers at 48 and that is not possible on PC.

That sounds great! Will make fighting over loot with ur local buddy even more fun (I actually enjoy this part).

DustinC

15 legendaries sounds maybe a little high?
I just hope they've balanced the legendary drops so you don't actually get too many of them. They sorta loose they're value if you stumble upon them too much, at least for me.
I like them to actually be rare. Diablo 2 had the them pretty much perfect in that respect.
Guess I'm just worried blizzard think "console players" need to find awesome weapons all the time to coninue playing.

Yeah, it does seem a little high, I'm curious to see if I end up with similar numbers in Nightmare. I have had one legendary drop already in Act 1 of Nightmare, a two handed sword called Faithful Memory.

Stats for some of the early game legendary drops too if anyone is interested:

Faithful Memory
2H Sword
42-50 Holy Damage
+57 Strength
+233 Dex
+4% Attack Speed
-Melee attackers take 23 damage per hit
+16 exp per kill

And this dropped off of Diablo in Normal:

Goldwrap
Belt
+69 Armor
+11% Gold from monsters
+9% Magic Find
+5% Attack Speed
+18 Exp per kill
Level requirement reduced by 8

That was one of the shitty ones. I've got a Quick Draw Belt currently equipped that I crafted from dropped plans, with my first roll giving me Dex, Vit, Attack Speed. Pretty much anything I've crafted has been geared for my Monk. Blue and Yellow drops are definitely more random with stats, but crafted gear is in line with what I've seen out of Legendary drops, with it being tailored towards the class you're using.

Any reason to get this if I already have it for PC?
Direct control, comfy couch, no auction houses, offline, shared-screen, LAN/System-Link enabled, retooled loot and 60fps on the consoles.

They had me at controller support. And ano auction house. And offline. Everything else is gravy and I also have the PC version.

There's no connection to your PC characters though or Battlenet - they're completely separate.

Riggs

Banned
Man I put a lot of hours into D3 on PC, and I really dislike the game for so many reasons.

Can't believe I am going to buy this ....

But no AH and actually getting loot that doesn't suck has me sold ... I really hope the loot is good though.

molnizzle

I have over 200 hours on the PC version as well. It's likely that I will never run the PC game again once the console version releases. Direct control + no auction house seals the deal. The PC game can fade away into obscurity as far as I'm concerned. =P

Direct control, comfy couch, no auction houses, offline, shared-screen, LAN/System-Link enabled, retooled loot and 60fps on the consoles.

They had me at controller support. And ano auction house. And offline. Everything else is gravy and I also have the PC version.

There's no connection to your PC characters though or Battlenet - they're completely separate.

Sad they haven't added PC controller support :(

Doesn't the PC version already have the new loot system?

molnizzle

Both versions are most likely totally fine, Blizzard hasn't tried to hide either one of them.

I'm sure that both versions are fine, but I still want to know which version runs the best. There are always small differences between the PS3 and 360 versions of every game.

smr00

Banned
Really wanted to pick it up on PS3 but the lack of PS4/XBONE character transfer confirmation made me decide to just skip it.

The whole point of D3 is progression and gear and i can't afford to spend all this time playing to have it all be for nothing :-/ I might rent it off redbox to see how well it works with a controller but that's about it.

The lack of PS4/XBONE character transfer confirmation made me decide to just skip it.

The whole point of D3 is progression and gear and i can't afford to spend all this time playing to have it all be for nothing

Pretty much.

Direct control + no auction house seals the deal. The PC game can fade away into obscurity.

Does this mean the drops rates are higher or something since there is no option to buy things (can only loot them now)?

molnizzle

The whole point of D3 is progression and gear and i can't afford to spend all this time playing to have it all be for nothing :-/ I might rent it off redbox to see how well it works with a controller but that's about it.

I'd be really surprised if PS3-to-PS4 character transfers weren't supported. It's such an obvious and easy to implement feature, there's really no really for Blizzard not to. They're probably just waiting to announce it along with the xpack-equiped PS4 version.

Does this mean the drops rates are higher or something since there is no option to buy things (can only loot them now)?

It's right there in the OP, as well as just about every post in this thread. Yes.

Legendary weapons picked up as a DH on PS3 from 1-60

cS1DyvD.jpg

NV caps at 3 rather than 5
Rare and Legendary plans drop VERY often as well as legendary items on Master 1
Pretty much almost all drops had dex.
Perfect gems are 2000 gold and 2/2 of previous gem to craft.

Dahbomb

Wait a fucking minute....

You got a GOD DAMN Manticore??? Holy shit!!!!

And it's a 2 socket 1400 DPS Manticore!

What the hell at the Izzucob! That's two very different forms, seems like Legendaries scale with levels! This is the best an Izzuccob rolls with which is shit but yours is godlike!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/izzuccob

This is definitely a test bed for Loot 2.0.

Dahbomb

Is that good?

Hahah. Sounds like its pretty good.
That's fucking insane. That type of loot can get your geared for the highest MP level self found. That Manticore (assuming it has Dex) would be worth a ton on the AH. Manticores are generally best in slot items for DH, people give a ton of money to own one.

Xevren

Jeez that's awesome. I recently leveled to 60 two classes in the last week on pc and didn't find any legendaries. Was going to rent to play this with some friends since they don't have pc.

Kind of curious how much armor legendaries you found, just seeing that pic is already making me depressed. Heh.

G_Berry

Banned
Need more graphics and stability info!

Which of the two console versions runs / looks the best?

Where is DF??????

Currently farming Act 1 Master 1 (Master 5 is max)

I have one set item that I wanted, hoping to pick up the rest of the set for the DH. Note that I am only Paragon lvl 4 so I havn't farmed much but look at my DPS ;) Gear dropped is heavily favored towards your class but there is occasionaly random drops that you can put in your stash for alt characters.

As for framerate, it's VERY smooth except for Act 2 sewers and Act 3 bridge/outdoor area where frame drop is heavy and your abilities won't show the graphics or whatever due to too much to handle. Dodge is useless for my DH since I am using vault (tumble) to evade, it doesn't give you invulnerability frames anyways in the first place.

My DPS could be higher but I am wearing Leoric's ring for +25% exp.

Dahbomb

Man show us the rest of your gear in your other slots. A Nats and a Manticore just as you get into Inferno?

That's godlike drops for a P4. In fact that's already way better drops than I have gotten in my combine PC D3 play.

If Loot 2.0 works even half as good as that there would be very little point to go to the AH on the PC.

Arrrggg. I don't know what to do. I can...

• Do nothing: I already have the game on the PC. Why buy the game again.
  • Buy it on the 360: I like the 360's controller better and this is the current gen version I'd prefer get. However I'll be letting my Gold subscription lapse when I make the move to the PS4 and PSN+.
  • Buy it on the PS3: Don't like the controller and worry that it could be inferior to 360 version, but online isn't behind a paywall. I also wonder if there will be some type of promotion to get the PS4 version at a reduced cost if you bought the one for the PS3.
  • Buy for the PS4: Should be the definitive version but I'd have to wait until 2014. Also the gameplay will be the same as the current consoles so having to wait just for a graphical upgrade doesn't make a lot of sense.

J. Bravo

Im gonna see if my dad will bring a copy of thisgame home from work tonight lol. I wouldn't mind playing a bit to get my diablo fix until the Pc expansion.

Dahbomb

LOL 176K DPS at P4 with completely self found gear.

You would get called a fraud on the PC version if you claimed that you self made that character.

Holy crap you also have a Compass Rose!

My head is getting dizzy with all these smart drops.

Arrrggg. I don't know what to do. I can...

• Do nothing: I already have the game on the PC. Why buy the game again.
  • Buy it on the 360: I like the 360's controller better and this is the current gen version I'd prefer get. However I'll be letting my Gold subscription lapse when I make the move to the PS4 and PSN+.
  • Buy it on the PS3: Don't like the controller and worry that it could be inferior to 360 version, but online isn't behind a paywall. I also wonder if there will be some type of promotion to get the PS4 version at a reduced cost if you bought the one for the PS3.
  • Buy for the PS4: Should be the definitive version but I'd have to wait until 2014. Also the gameplay will be the same as the current consoles so having to wait just for a graphical upgrade doesn't make a lot of sense.

Wait for expansion pack and buy the bundle for PS4.

JCizzle

O fuck off Blizzard for making this the best version and refusing to make these changes to pc. Just take my fucking money and know I'm not happy about it

Damnit...seeing all those numbers reminds me of the first time I tried playing Diablo-likes...tried Path of Exile, tried Torchlight, I couldn't get around the control scheme.

Now there's a "proper" Diablo game using gamepads as the controller and lots of LOOT with numbers.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

ToyBroker

Banned
I kinda wanna play this now even though I played the PC version to death, with insane gear...then went to PoE and played that to death...with insane gear.

Am I gonna do this again? I kinda wanted to wait for the PS4 version and I also kinda wanna hear if your char transfer from PS3>PS4.

Top Bottom