• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

LOL 176K DPS at P4 with completely self found gear.

You would get called a fraud on the PC version if you claimed that you self made that character.

Holy crap you also have a Compass Rose!

My head is getting dizzy with all these smart drops.

But... but... the AH didn't influence game design and drop rates!!

MrDaravon

People who haven't played D3 before, or haven't played since the first couple of months on PC have no idea how fucking crazy this appears to be. I have over 600 hours on PC with my DH and that Manticore totally shits on mine. Fucking crazy.

With no AH obviously they to be way more generous then they currently are on PC with drops and whatnot, but unless ITADAKIMASU is the luckiest person on the planet this seems like waaaaay overkill. On PC with my Paragon Level 88 DH I can facetank MP10 with my Calamity/Grenade build, and ITADAKIMASU's stats are already very nearly at my DH's at 87 levels and probably ~570 hours less playtime. This also seems extra weird considering they've already said that mob density isn't as high as on PC due to system limitations, so unless MP10 on console is harder than MP10 on PC it seems almost pointless. I guess they were just trying to make it way easier for console players? (don't mean that in a bad way, my copy is on the way)

Dahbomb

Yeah I am with MrDaravon on this, the loot drops are now into over the top category and may loose their luster/appeal of rarity. I mean a 1400 DPS double socket Manticore is supposed to be a drop that DH DREAMS about.

I think Blizzard might have gone over board here but we'll see.

JCizzle

Yeah I am with MrDaravon on this, the loot drops are now into over the top category and may loose their luster/appeal of rarity. I mean a 1400 DPS double socket Manticore is supposed to be a drop that DH DREAMS about.

Or perhaps they've included even crazier shit now just to taunt us PC players to death.

Isn't that to compensate for lack of AH though?

Jedi2016

Found this little interview with a dev where he says it's definitely possible:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Diablo-3-PS4-Might-Support-PS3-Characters-58740.html
Sounds awesome. Now we just need confirmation. Not going to jump in unless I know the time I invest into the PS3 version won't be wasted in six months' time.

This also seems extra weird considering they've already said that mob density isn't as high as on PC due to system limitations, so unless MP10 on console is harder than MP10 on PC it seems almost pointless.
I'm actually most effective in really big groups, depending on the composition. I wonder how much the density had to come down, whether it's immediately noticeable to folks that played the PC version.

I think a lot of it has to do with the "immediate gratification" that comes along with most console games these days. A lot of players aren't going to want to go through an entire act of the game without getting a single upgrade (like I just did on Nightmare Act 4 on PC version.. not a single drop).

molnizzle

Yeah, I totally support that. Less than 0.5% of players are gonna put over 500 hours into the game. Give us some drops! As far as I'm concerned, once you're in 100+ hour territory everything is fair game.

Damn, so excited.

Sounds awesome. Now we just need confirmation. Not going to jump in unless I know the time I invest into the PS3 version won't be wasted in six months' time

This is Blizzard we're talking about here. Let's be real -- you'll be lucky to be playing this in 12 months on PS4.

MrDaravon

For reference:

As far as I can find, that Manticore is literally better than any existing Manticore on the PC version worldwide. There is literally nothing on the gold or RMAH that hits 1400 dps with 2 sockets. As far as I can find (not sure if this is 100% correct) the highest theoretical max base damage on one is 1410, and the one he has here on console is 1461.2, and you can see there's no rubies in affecting that value (inserted ruby gems will increase the base damage number shown, which is why you'll see ones that show 1600+).

For a point of reference, the highest real dollar sale I can find was a close to 1400 dps Manticore (right when they were just blowing up as the best in slot post patch) dual socket Manticore sold for "a few thousand" dollars in Korea. Gold-wise I can only find two Manticores that broke 1400 base damage with 2 sockets; one at 1400 and one at 1406 which sold for 17.5 and 12.5 billion gold respectively. Both were late last year, I couldn't find anything more recent.

So yeah, maybe a couple of dozen hours into the game PRE-INFERNO we are seeing drops that are (apparently) statistically already not even possible on PC, but as a result seemingly completely shit on the game's difficulty. I'm not even salty about not having these on PC or whatever; now I'm just wondering what the hell the difficulty curve or spike is on consoles. If his gear/stats already are nearly at my DH's (which again is at over 600 hours and paragon 88) after maybe a few days of play and I can do the highest possible difficulty on Inferno, what on earth does this say for the difficulty here? Yeah the drops and gear are fucking awesome and hilarious, but if MP10 (or V or whatever they're calling it on console) winds up being easier than MP3 after a week or two of play that kinda sucks.

JCizzle

For reference:

As far as I can find, that Manticore is literally better than any existing Manticore on the PC version worldwide. There is literally nothing on the gold or RMAH that hits 1400 dps with 2 sockets. As far as I can find (not sure if this is 100% correct) the highest theoretical max base damage on one is 1410, and the one he has here on console is 1461.2, and you can see there's no rubies in affecting that value (inserted ruby gems will increase the base damage number shown, which is why you'll see ones that show 1600+).

For a point of reference, the highest real dollar sale I can find was a close to 1400 dps Manticore (right when they were just blowing up as the best in slot post patch) dual socket Manticore sold for "a few thousand" dollars in Korea. Gold-wise I can only find two Manticores that broke 1400 base damage with 2 sockets; one at 1400 and one at 1406 which sold for 17.5 and 12.5 billion gold respectively. Both were late last year, I couldn't find anything more recent.

So yeah, maybe a couple of dozen hours into the game PRE-INFERNO we are seeing drops that are (apparently) statistically already not even possible on PC, but as a result seemingly completely shit on the game's difficulty. I'm not even salty about not having these on PC or whatever; now I'm just wondering what the hell the difficulty curve or spike is on consoles. If his gear/stats already are nearly at my DH's (which again is at over 600 hours and paragon 88) after maybe a few days of play and I can do the highest possible difficulty on Inferno, what on earth does this say for the difficulty here? Yeah the drops and gear are fucking awesome and hilarious, but if MP10 (or V or whatever they're calling it on console) winds up being easier than MP3 after a week or two of play that kinda sucks.

Leveling a self-made is so depressing on PC, this may be just the crack i need, lol.

.la1n

Is there keyboard support In the console version? Also how hard is it to read the text? Those are probably my two biggest concerns.

Freezard

Dude that Manticore... 1460 DPS? Max is about 1400 on PC with two sockets. I recently sold my 1310 DPS Manticore for 75€... also that Buriza with super high damage and many others, loot 2.0 looks really promising. Normally you can't get over 200 dex on rare helms either, or that much armor on nat helm.

Played through act 2 normal today and got six legendaries, even a Born's set plan which is worth like 500m gold on PC and is pretty much impossible to find.

MrDaravon

...well, fuck. I guess that's "loot 2.0" in a nutshell.

Loot 2.0 is what's coming with the expansion. Console version seems to be an in-between where some of the upcoming changes are implemented (scaling Legendaries, etc) but doesn't have all of the new stuff either. I have no problem with there being better stuff in the console version (there clearly is), I'm just wondering how on earth this scales now. Unless the highest MP levels on console are way harder than MP10 is on PC, I just don't see this having anywhere near the shelf life.

Do we know if Paragon 100 is the level cap on console?

Dahbomb

That's not the best Manticore, I have seen 1600 DPS Manticore in the best DH in the world right now in terms of DPS.

Also I haven't seen the rolls on it.

eek5

That's not the best Manticore, I have seen 1600 DPS Manticore in the best DH in the world right now in terms of DPS.

Also I haven't seen the rolls on it.

that's 1600 with 2 rubies though

vZ7XLoD.png

looks like this unsocketed

Esura

Banned
What is one of the better classes to start with? Demon Hunter, Monk, and Wizard looks really freaking fun.

Dahbomb

Or perhaps they've included even crazier shit now just to taunt us PC players to death.
It's possible... the funny thing is that the Manticore in his inventory is probably not even the best item he has.... that Dawn for example has a whopping almost 1500 DPS for a ONE HANDER!!!

I really hope MP10 or its equivalent is much harder or else the game is going to be a joke difficulty wise.

Otnopolit

It's possible... the funny thing is that the Manticore in his inventory is probably not even the best item he has.... that Dawn for example has a whopping almost 1500 DPS for a ONE HANDER!!!

I really hope MP10 or its equivalent is much harder or else the game is going to be a joke difficulty wise.

Yeah Dawn's are total trolls on PC but that one looks awesome, and with Attack Speed up no less, this is a nice taste of only a small portion of what new loot will look like with RoS :)

(Also, I'm weak too for having the PC version and being tempted to double dip...)

Loot 2.0 is what's coming with the expansion. Console version seems to be an in-between where some of the upcoming changes are implemented (scaling Legendaries, etc) but doesn't have all of the new stuff either. I have no problem with there being better stuff in the console version (there clearly is), I'm just wondering how on earth this scales now.

I just hope they don't turn the enemies into damage-sponges.

Drame

Yeah, I hope so too.

Although, this makes Hardcore rather preferable to softcore. After all, you get great drops but one mistake and you're done.

Santar

This was what I was afraid of, that they'd go too far in the opposite direction when it came to loot drops. Looks like it drops way to frequently now, they're supposed to be "rare".
I actually enjoy hunting for rares in these sorts of games, but I guess Blizz thought "console players" need that awesome every 5 mins. to keep playing..

Lord Phol

Man those drops are crazy, I'm actually getting hyped!
Think I might skip starting out on HC and just play normally at first. With this kind of loot it'll be alot more more fun farming than on PC, HC should be quite fun as well later on.

Into

I am conflicted whether i should get it, my Barb on PC is Paragon 94, and ill get him to 100 soon enough. I enjoyed the game even for all of its flaws

Wondering what character i would even play on the PS3 version, maybe Barb again, just seems like a lot of money (499kr. here i DK) for a game i already own. Yet i am sure i would have tons of fun with it and pour in 400+ hours..

grr... and its something that can keep my busy til GTA5 and NBA 2k14, and ill still continue to play it

Freezard

MP10 will be a joke with those items. Especially if they drop so easily. But if the game would have PC drop rates then it would be impossible so I guess they choose to make it easy.

derwalde

after playing 1,5 acts on the PS3: i never want to play d3 with mouse+keyboard again. direct control feels so intuitive.

after playing 1,5 acts on the PS3: i never want to play d3 with mouse+keyboard again. direct control feels so intuitive.

But but but....how could this game possible work on a console. teh keyboardz

Dark Alliance and Champions of Norrath were fucking amazing on Console.

I'm considering double dipping for this on PS4, as much as I hated the PC version, this pretty much sounds like what I wanted the game to be in the first place.

I'm hoping blizzard do some cool shit with the touch pad on the DS4 in regards to the interface.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The hell is going on?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

ArchAngel

Can somebody help me? I played the PS3 version yesterday all day long.

I started the game today and some things changed: the items list shows now my equipped items on top of every category (never showed up yesterday there!) and some items I pick up, just like a Legendary just now, don't show up in the items menu anymore o_O

I can see my Legendary at the merchant ...

This seems very odd and I don't know how to change it :(

EDIT: After restarting the game, everything is fine again. seems to be a bug and not a feature ;)

I meant, are people angry that loot is too common now?

this really annoys me. I also call it the "mass effect" syndrome.

new gun comes out - we all love it, kill everyone. Nerds complain its "too powerful" even though it doesnt matter as its NOT competitive multiplayer. People make enough noise, gun is nerfed, never to be used again.

The same thing will happen here. The game hasnt even properly come out, people complain weapon drops are "too good" - a major issue from the PC game is now addressed - Blizzard makes the drop rate back to the PC.

I wish people would just shut up and let everyone play and not complain about something which will enhance the gaming experience.

Wanny

Looks like console people will have more fun than PC crowd. Hopefully the PC version will get a patch very soon about loot huh. o_O

pixlexic

Banned
But but but....how could this game possible work on a console. teh keyboardz

Dark Alliance and Champions of Norrath were fucking amazing on Console.

I'm considering double dipping for this on PS4, as much as I hated the PC version, this pretty much sounds like what I wanted the game to be in the first place.

I'm hoping blizzard do some cool shit with the touch pad on the DS4 in regards to the interface.

I dont know why the never made a sequel to CON.

yeah and screw M/K.

The same thing will happen here. The game hasnt even properly come out, people complain weapon drops are "too good" - a major issue from the PC game is now addressed - Blizzard makes the drop rate back to the PC.

Problem is the game is shipped.

Just don't install patches.

V_Arnold

Well, people did not want hard Inferno, seems like the pinnacle of that demand is going to be console D3. Bizarre.

But then again, this version might have much more viable builds now. I mean...if I sit on 300k+ dps after a few weeks, no matter what gear I choose, yeah, everything is viable. Gonna be awesome for a month!

Duallusion

This just might be my most anticipated game of 2013, even with next-gen and GTAV looming in the background. Was hoping for it since before they've publicly announced it and that's a whole lotta years. Reading about loot drops make this last stretch of waiting even harder.

Diablo III; the way it was always meant to be played™.

Yoshichan

It's unfair that most of you are playing this before me :(... I'm currently standing outside Gamestop, staring at the D3 PS3 poster ._.

Top Bottom