• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

Cheers, just ordered the 360 version. Now to decide what class I'm going to roll with first.

Go with the path least traveled but the best class in-game. Witch Doctor.

Played one at a launch for PC, eventually tried all other classes and always come home to the doc.

Go with the path least traveled but the best class in-game. Witch Doctor.

Played one at a launch for PC, eventually tried all other classes and always come home to the doc.

The Witch Doctor does look pretty badass. He's the character that sticks out the most.

Is he melee and ranged depending on what skill tree you choose?

The Witch Doctor does look pretty badass. He's the character that sticks out the most.

Is he melee and ranged depending on what skill tree you choose?

Ranged but how far of a range depends on the skills. Some skills require you to be up close and personal and others can give you more of a freedom to hide behind pets.

The most popular Witch Doctor build at the moment doesn't use any pets and just has you run into a pack and summoning a personal tornado of fire bats that melts everything that comes near you.

Ranged but how far of a range depends on the skills. Some skills require you to be up close and personal and others can give you more of a freedom to hide behind pets.

The most popular Witch Doctor build at the moment doesn't use any pets and just has you run into a pack and summoning a personal tornado of fire bats that melts everything that comes near you.

That sounds.... amazing.

smr00

Banned
Yes, I have already downloaded the EU version. I suppose it would be the same for rest of the world.
I need to find out if this is the case for the US version before i pull the trigger.

I really, really don't want to have to step foot in gamestop today to pre-order and then again tomorrow. I tried buying it from amazon since saturday but even with 1 day shipping it kept saying it wouldn't arrive till the 4th and gamestop.com won't let me pre-order and pick up in-store. I have to go the store to pre-order :-/

I guess this game will finally kill Sacred 2. I'm kinda hyped as I loved D2, but, is D3 even 1/100th as complex as Sacred 2? Is it a long game?

Tizoc

The local co-op thing interests me, but the loot concept doesn't...
Maaaaaaybe I'll still get it along with Rayman Legends to play with my brother when he's around.

Stupid question related to my 2nd sentence: My brother's a big fan of beat'em-ups does this game envoke a similar 'feel'?

IvorB

I'm really hovering over this like a fly over meat but I'm still not sure. On the one hand there is a solid tradition among my friends of slaying Diablo and all his minions going back years. Diablo and Diablo 2 were really great group experiences with mates and good times overall.

BUT every time I see some gameplay clips of this it just seems so darn unattractive. Plus there's all the controversy. I no longer have the capability to rent games before I buy which I would 100% do in this case if Blockbuster was still open. I don't like to whack down full price for a game that might be a miss.

So can anyone give me a steer on this? Should it be go or no go?

smr00

Banned
I'm really hovering over this like a fly over meat but I'm still not sure. On the one hand there is a solid tradition among my friends of slaying Diablo and all his minions going back years. Diablo and Diablo 2 were really great group experiences with mates and good times overall.

BUT every time I see some gameplay clips of this it just seems so darn unattractive. Plus there's all the controversy. I no longer have the capability to rent games before I buy which I would 100% do in this case if Blockbuster was still open. I don't like to whack down full price for a game that might be a miss.

As someone who is a huge fan of the series i enjoyed the 100+ hours i put in the PC version. Don't let gameplay clips fool you, the gameplay is really fun and the game is really fun with friends.

My BIGGEST problem with the PC version was the AH/RMAH and the shitty loot. Console version has loot 2.0 and dodge/roll mechanic and no bullshit AH.

Controversy doesn't exist - it's a completely separate game from the PC version.

The best part about Diablo 3 is how great the combat feels to play - it's probably one of the reason the PC game is still being played quite a lot despite the launch issues and (some say) fundamental flaws with loot design. If the gameplay looks bad to you from videos they I'd probably steer away from it but you can't understand how good it feels to play until you do.

Maybe you should wait a bit and check it out after a price drop (Will a Blizzard game get one anytime soon though?).

Jedi2016

why not both? you will be able to transfer your characters.
Has this been confirmed? Last I heard they want to try and see if it's possible.
No, it's not confirmed. They said it's something they'd like to do, and they're looking into it, but they don't know if it's going to make it or not.

Someone needs to point Blizz to all these comments, so they know there's a bunch of people that aren't buying the PS3 version until they know they'll be able to transfer.

Sioen

I'm buying the 360 version now but I'm getting a ps4 so I'm not worrying too much about starting over. Maybe we can already play with the templar then so it's cool.

bengraven

Would love to play PC version with a controller...

BUT GODDAMN AT THAT EQUIP MENU. The icons, the circle, the wards of protection around the character, how the fuck is a casual supposed to not get confused there?

maomaoIYP

How accessible is this game for someone who didn't play the PC version and just want to dive in and play? I read through this thread and I couldn't understand half the things the PC vets are saying.

How accessible is this game for someone who didn't play the PC version and just want to dive in and play? I read through this thread and I couldn't understand half the things the PC vets are saying.

Did you ever play Sacred 2 on the consoles or Dungeon Siege 3?

Honestly. If you do not know what stats like Dexterity, Attack Speed, DPS, Magic Resistance etc. means then you should probably stay away unless you are willing to read up on the local Wiki.

Robin64

Very very easy to get into. It is, at the basic level,a brawler. Just you and a thousand monsters in the way of the exit. Abilities come slowly enough that you can test them all out, Normal mode is almost impossible to actually die and the improved loot system on console will suit you to a tee.

Confused over whether to go 360 or ps3,to me it's whichever comes to my local game shop first. Any huge differences besides the bonus items?

maomaoIYP

Excessively easy to learn and pick-up.

Did you ever play Sacred 2 on the consoles or Dungeon Siege 3?

Honestly. If you do not know what stats like Dexterity, Attack Speed, DPS, Magic Resistance etc. means then you should probably stay away unless you are willing to read up on the local Wiki.

Very very easy to get into. It is, at the basic level,a brawler. Just you and a thousand monsters in the way of the exit. Abilities come slowly enough that you can test them all out, Normal mode is almost impossible to actually die and the improved loot system on console will suit you to a tee.

Ah, many thanks. I hope there's a respec option for skills!

Uiki

Would love to play PC version with a controller...

BUT GODDAMN AT THAT EQUIP MENU. The icons, the circle, the wards of protection around the character, how the fuck is a casual supposed to not get confused there?

No chance to see controller support for pc?

maomaoIYP

There is. You can change skills on the fly, even whilst in combat, thus giving the option to use different styles of combat while facing an impossible foe.

Wow this has got to be the best thing ever. Don't think I've ever seen such a feature in similar games.

Aru

Anyone knows if the US PSN version contains other languages than english?
I want to buy the game on PSN, but a friend of mine won't play with me if the game is in english...

molnizzle

Wow this has got to be the best thing ever. Don't think I've ever seen such a feature in similar games.

Well, at max level you start to get a stacking magic find/gold find buff that increases as you kill more elite packs -- but only as long as you keep the same build. So the game highly encourages you to keep the same build throughout an entire session, but you don't necessarily have to.

This is only at max level though. Feel free to nuts until then!

Voidance

Yes, I have already downloaded the EU version. I suppose it would be the same for rest of the world.
I have the US version digitally preordered and it hasn't preloaded. This is my first digital preorder, so I'm not sure if there is something required of me to initiate it or not. Could be my own user error. I would appreciate any assistance!

I'm freaking pumped for the game. Ready to lose myself all over again. I've briefed my fiancée for the coming week, so I should be okay there.

zulfate

well once you hit level 60 you start getting nephalem valor stacks from killing elites, the buff helps you find better loot and money but if you change you skills while you have the buff on you will loose your stacks, it is not hard to get more stacks but if you have 5 stacks (max) right before a boss and loose it it sucks.

not sure how the console version works but when you are in town you can change your skills whenever you want with out a cooldown, if you do it while in a dungeon it will have a small cooldown before you can use your skills.

edit:beaten, lol

JCizzle

well once you hit level 60 you start getting nephalem valor stacks from killing elites, the buff helps you find better loot and money but if you change you skills while you have the buff on you will loose your stacks, it is not hard to get more stacks but if you have 5 stacks (max) right before a boss and loose it it sucks.

not sure how the console version works but when you are in town you can change your skills whenever you want with out a cooldown, if you do it while in a dungeon it will have a small cooldown before you can use your skills.

edit:beaten, lol

Small note, console version is max 3 stacks not 5 I think. Better farming!

zulfate

-_- all these man hours for the pc version simply got blown away from console version in seconds, seems like everything on the console version is better. i hate my life.....

molnizzle

wrE99G9.gif

Definitive version, confirmed.

IvorB

As someone who is a huge fan of the series i enjoyed the 100+ hours i put in the PC version. Don't let gameplay clips fool you, the gameplay is really fun and the game is really fun with friends.

My BIGGEST problem with the PC version was the AH/RMAH and the shitty loot. Console version has loot 2.0 and dodge/roll mechanic and no bullshit AH.

Hmmm... thanks for the advice. Think I will take the plunge. For all the good times I've had on Diablo and Diablo 2 I think I owe Blizzard at least that. So I can relive the glory days of Diablo and relive the glory days of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance co-op. That's a lot of glory days to relive :).

ObiDin

Why can't it be Tuesday? I've been ultra-hyped since I pre-ordered when the $10 off promotion was going at Gamestop like a month or so ago. Oh well, back to playing the free version on my laptop.

Yuripaw

Banned
I have the US version digitally preordered and it hasn't preloaded. This is my first digital preorder, so I'm not sure if there is something required of me to initiate it or not. Could be my own user error. I would appreciate any assistance!

I'm freaking pumped for the game. Ready to lose myself all over again. I've briefed my fiancée for the coming week, so I should be okay there.

I would also like to know this. Never preordered on PSN before, and I don't know if this game will be available for pre-load or not, but what exactly is involved? Do I have to go under downloads if it becomes available and start to download it? When have they usually let people pre-load games prior to release in the US before if ever?

Top Bottom