• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

FINALBOSS

Banned
My Review for Angry Centaur Gaming - Review

Pros:
Gameplay of course
Skill variety - insane
Enemy variety and appearance
Very tactical at higher difficulty
Co-op mods

Cons:
So so graphics (lots of aliasing)
Loot is wonky at times
The switch to thumbsticks is NOT perfect with some issues in tight battles
Story is poor
Voice acting is poor

Are you the reviewer from NeoGAF who does wayy too many references during his videos?>

Velocity

So I'm at PAX today and played a bit if the PS3 version. Overall pretty fun, and direct control really makes the game feel different in a good way.

The demo was played in coop with one other person. I played a monk and my friend a demon hunter. The area we played was around The Highlands and Leorics Hunting Ground. I didn't notice any screen tearing during our play session, though I did lose track of my character a bit since the game no longer centers to just me. It took close to no time at all to get used to the controls and reassigning abilities was pretty quick too. Overall I felt it was a pretty great experience.

Seems the reviews are pretty on point with the fun factor and how it feels like the definitive version. I didn't get any legendaries during my playtime, but most if the gear that was dropping was definitely suited to BOTH my monk and my friends demon hunter, and not because they are both DEX star classes.

It was kind if awesome just running around ninja looting everything. Felt nostalgic.

Pros:
Gameplay of course
Skill variety - insane
Co-op mods

Cons:
Loot is wonky at times
Story is poor
Voice acting is poor

Man I didn't expect to laugh that much out of a review. Good job!

Dahbomb

DSC_0585_zpsbe60e822.jpg

Holy shit @ this belt!

Some of the Legendaries that were crap before are going to be godlike now. A Belt that gives you main stat, crit chance, crit damage, attach speed AND movement speed? Fucking godlike.

MrDaravon

Has anyone played 4-player online yet? I'm wondering how that performs.

Also that belt has me wondering: has anyone confirmed if the equipment movement speed bonus is still capped at 25% or not?

spwolf

Pros:
Gameplay of course
Skill variety - insane
Co-op mods

Cons:
Loot is wonky at times
Story is poor
Voice acting is poor

nice review...

p.s. gaf - are we expecting PS4 version soon? i would expect they want us to doubledip, hence the quiet...

The loot is still boring, no matter how much stat numbers are inflated. Hardly of them do anything interesting that you can make a unique build around. I guess that's when the real 2.0 system will come into play when they update the PC version.

Jedi2016

DSC_0585_zpsbe60e822.jpg

Holy shit @ this belt!

Some of the Legendaries that were crap before are going to be godlike now. A Belt that gives you main stat, crit chance, crit damage, attach speed AND movement speed? Fucking godlike.
I I saw somewhere that some of this guy's drops were "hacked", however that happens.

Riggs

Banned
Can't believe I am downloading D3 on PC right now ....

Also how the hell are you guys playing this on console? Mom n Pop stores, etc?

Sorry for back to back posts in your godly thread OP, please don't be mad at me : (

smr00

Banned
No I don't expect it soon, I hate myself but I'm buying this now instead of waiting.
I really wanted to wait because i have a feeling that character transfer to PS4 won't happen. Yeah, they say it's "possible" but no confirmation which worries me but i have to house sit and watch my niece for 3 weeks and she has terrible internet so i need something to do.

I hope it's good.

Karak

Can't believe I am downloading D3 on PC right now ....

Also how the hell are you guys playing this on console? Mom n Pop stores, etc?

Sorry for back to back posts in your godly thread OP, please don't be mad at me : (

I got an official review copy.

pic

Not sure about the others but lately, last 2-3 years, stores have been shattering the release dates. I mean there are even forums based entirely around getting them early and where to go and what to do.

Riggs

Banned
I got an official review copy. Not sure about the others but lately, last 2-3 years, stores have been shattering the release dates. I mean there are even forums based entirely around getting them early and where to go and what to do.

Wish you could PM me about that lol.

Anyway, good review btw!

Yep review copies went out. I've got one as well. I've been taking my time with reviews though. Not rushing during this crazy release schedule. I JUST got my XCOM review done and posted in the official thread with a stack of Rayman Legends, Diablo 3, One Piece Pirate Warriors 2, Lost Planet 3, Killer is Dead, and Amnesia A Machine for Pigs... waiting for play/review time. I know a lot of folks try to go for, the quickest/first reviews for more views, but I can't handle that. Not for me.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I've been so torn on which version to get, but I think the possibility of transfering my character might have just sealed the deal for me. PS3 version, here I come. Hopefully it isn't vastly inferior to the 360 version.

Grimhammer

Neo Member
My dilemma. I'm strapped....what with ps4, KZ, AC:blackflag & GTA5 already paid ....I want this game!!!

So I platted dragons crown and feel done with Last of Us....even though I bought the season pass. Latest patch & new mode made me feel like I'm done. (I'm lvl 103....played it tons)

But I love me loot games - but never played a diablo game! How much actual control is involved on ps3? Sounds like you point your chracter and hit attack and wait until dodge is required. Am I getting that right?

Sounds great regardless.

Sioen

Nice review loved all the references!
And god the wait is getting to meI bought the last of us to sooth my needs.. :p

foladar

Quick question for anyone playing the console version so I can decide on playing it, how's the leveling speed compared to PC? And are there unids, I've noticed rares are already IDed, but wasn't sure about legendaries.

edit: Apparently legendaries are unid at least

Saganator

Anyone else psyched for offline Hardcore mode? Or even HC couch coop with a friend who doesn't suck?

Wish there was a ladder system for D3. We can save our characters to a flash drive, right? Someone smarter than me should start ladder site, crack the PS3/Xbox character saves, and let people upload their characters for tracking. Go.

Karak

Nice review loved all the references!
And god the wait is getting to meI bought the last of us to sooth my needs.. :p

Thanks man. Appreciate it.
Anyone else psyched for offline Hardcore mode? Or even HC couch coop with a friend who doesn't suck?

Wish there was a ladder system for D3. We can save our characters to a flash drive, right? Someone smarter than me should start ladder site, crack the PS3/Xbox character saves, and let people upload their characters for tracking. Go.
That is seriously a BIG seller for many people.

I am actually hyped about the loot differences in the console version vs PC. It's a different more casual audience and it seems like the loot is designed with that in mind. Not for people who play for 100s or 1000s of hours to find that one amazing piece. Find more powerful items more often to keep players excited and feeling powerful.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Tomorrow is D3 day :D! Excitement!!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

theytookourjobz

Seems like GAF is leaning PS3 version so I guess I'll pick that one up. Anyone gonna be down to play coop?

Also for anyone interested, the 360 version is hitting redbox tomorrow.

Top Bottom