• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
#24, mighty belt

tomshreds

Neo Member
Being a person who got to Act 3 on PC and hated the game for the points that got removed from console versions (auction house, etc).

I loved D1 and D2 and all the expansions but for some reason click to move games are giving me a hard time being a full time developer (my wrist hurts like hell) and then switching on to a full blast clickfest was killing me.

I love playing on my couch with the controller.

Is there any great fault in the game? How's the launch? (since it has been launched not long ago)

I also heard that we can play with people on PC, is it real? Can we really play with people from our battle.net account? That'd be a seller for me.

Would you recommend me this game, should I buy it?

EDIT: Neogaf noob question, my account got activated by I cannot create thread yet? Do I need to wait for mods to see "quality content" from me before being able to do so?

Thanks!

tomshreds

Neo Member
Cant play with ppl on PC and it has no ties to your bnet account.

Oh that sucks though, I was sure it wasn't real. Since when do multiplats use the same server stack for all platforms? There's a few exception but damn those are very rare.

That's a -1 for me, might still get it lol

foladar

You still need to pay to level the professions, and repair costs. Sooner or later it'll be pointless though I'm sure.

It's also used to craft armor and the bind on account pieces are quite spendy at least for me. plus stash upgrade costs. marquise gems are only 50k though to craft.

Raxious

You still need to pay to level the professions, and repair costs. Sooner or later it'll be pointless though I'm sure.

It's also used to craft armor and the bind on account pieces are quite spendy at least for me. plus stash upgrade costs. marquise gems are only 50k though to craft.

True, but with the PC version ( I played it ;) ) you'd still be needing money to get your upgrades. Which in turn gave gold some value.

As soon as you're done getting the upgrades, gold becomes worthless in the console version.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
#25, 2H mace... 1,1k dps.. Upgrade from 460dmg weapon... Oh my god

Edit; i just went from 19k damage to 42k... What the FUUUUUUUUCK?!?!?!?

I8E3CGk.jpg

Yoshichan

#26, shit chest

Kemal86

Might have to try and up the difficulty. I was getting ganked super hard as a Monk at the beginning of Act 1 Normal with the difficulty set to Hard, so I went back to Medium...Act 3 Normal now, guess I'll try and crank it up.

On PC I always played MP 1 or MP 2 when making new characters just to keep it interesting, and neeeever got utterly destroyed like I did on PS3 Act 1 Normal on Hard.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Can you explain that, it still isn't clear to me.

You have the various difficulty levels (hell) so what is master 3?

Monster difficulty. Separate adjustable difficulty slider from campaign difficulty. Monster power affects loot quality number of enemies and stats of enemies. You can scale the challenge and rewards as you wish. Campaign difficulty obviously unlocks on successive play, and is more tiered towards your level range

Voidance

Err the harder it is, the better your MF/GF is, so it directly impacts your legs finds
You're right...once you get into the Master difficulties.
Monster Power is what it's called on the PC version. Try to start a main quest and you will see difficulty options going from Easy/Medium/Hard to Master I to Master V. Here's what it looks side to side:

Console / PC
Easy / MP0 (Default setting)
Medium (no bonuses) / MP2 (bonuses awarded)
Hard (no bonuses) / MP4 (bonuses awarded

Number45

Err the harder it is, the better your MF/GF is, so it directly impacts your legs finds
As far as we can tell that's only valid above hard difficulty, easy/normal/hard have no direct bonus to those stats (though with a higher kill count, I guess the chances are higher per area (more mobs killed) - but on lower difficulties you'll kill quicker).

Loginius

Legendary drop rate is of the charts.
Either that or some people (me included) just have ridiculous luck.
Finished my normal run with 14 legendarys...

Fularu

Banned
My "hard" comment merely reflected the fact that he upped the difficulty to get MF/GF bonuses.

I don't have the console version (yet). I have the PS4 version preordered but I may bite for the 360 version.

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

#/28, another mighty belt

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Got the game(ps3) and getting home soon. Anyone up for some starting coop?

Maybe later tonight, I'm at work currently. I have a level 5 Monk but would be happy to team up with Gaffers for some co-op. My PSN username is the same as my GAF name, anyone should feel free to add me (with a message that you're from GAF).

#27, mojo

27 legendaries is more Top quality items than i've found across all my Diablo 1, 2 and 3 playthroughs (yes perhaps I was unlucky, but I enjoyed the hundreds of hours i put into games to find those handful of top quality items, good or bad). No wonder you are blowing through the game.

Voidance

27 legendaries is more Top quality items than i've found across all my Diablo 1, 2 and 3 playthroughs (yes perhaps I was unlucky, but I enjoyed the hundreds of hours i put into games to find those handful of top quality items, good or bad). No wonder you are blowing through the game.
Yeah, seriously! I am nowhere near as lucky as him. My measly level 29 Wizard needs more DPS (though I am not really struggling on Normal).

Most of those aren't "top level" Legendaries though. Maybe for their levels but top level Legendaries are the ones you will start getting at LVL60 in Inferno where they have like 1800 DPS or some shit.
True. I wish I could power level to 60 -- that's where the game gets really fun (for me).

Yoshichan

#29, a ring. Highest legendaries per minute going on here?

Dahbomb

Most of those aren't "top level" Legendaries though. Maybe for their levels but top level Legendaries are the ones you will start getting at LVL60 in Inferno where they have like 1800 DPS or some shit.

Yoshichan

Obviously :3

Act 3 soon, shieeet! Framerate's gonna dip like a bitch :lol

I never said top level, I said Top Quality items. the item level is irrelevant. I am simply referring to it as legendaries being the highest item rarity (they weren't called legendaries in Diablo 1 or 2 if I am not mistaken so hence my term as Top Quality)

Yoshichan

#30, insane amulet

MrDaravon

You're right...once you get into the Master difficulties.

So I'm still confused on this, does Hard difficulty NOT provide bonuses though? The in-game descriptions of the difficulties seems to indicate not, but then I've also seen them say it's like MP2 so I'm still not sure. I tried booting up on Normal (Hard) and it didn't increase my MF/GF so I'd say no I guess?

It's still baffling how unnecessarily confusing they made this.

Voidance

So I'm still confused on this, does Hard difficulty NOT provide bonuses though? The in-game descriptions of the difficulties seems to indicate not, but then I've also seen them say it's like MP2 so I'm still not sure. I tried booting up on Normal (Hard) and it didn't increase my MF/GF so I'd say no I guess?

It's still baffling how unnecessarily confusing they made this.
Easy, Normal, and Hard are basically enemy health and power sliders. You get no XP or MF/GF bonuses until you crack into those delicious Master difficulties.

MrDaravon

Easy, Normal, and Hard are basically enemy health and power sliders. You get no XP or MF/GF bonuses until you crack into those delicious Master difficulties.

That makes sense, but it's weird because on PC they don't have that distinction, just Normal/Nightmare/Hell/Inferno than the difficulty slider. I'm assuming that they wanted to add those options for console players who are maybe having a harder time with it I guess, but with no bonuses I wouldn't see any reason to not just power through on Normal until you can unlock Master difficulties.

Voidance

That makes sense, but it's weird because on PC they don't have that distinction, just Normal/Nightmare/Hell/Inferno than the difficulty slider. I'm assuming that they wanted to add those options for console players who are maybe having a harder time with it I guess, but with no bonuses I wouldn't see any reason to not just power through on Normal until you can unlock Master difficulties.
You can select Master difficulties from the start. I suppose I worded my previous post in a way that suggested they had to be unlocked -- my bad!

Edit: You can change it at any point from the main menu/character select screen. You select the quest, MP, then difficulty.

Monster difficulty. Separate adjustable difficulty slider from campaign difficulty. Monster power affects loot quality number of enemies and stats of enemies. You can scale the challenge and rewards as you wish. Campaign difficulty obviously unlocks on successive play, and is more tiered towards your level range

Are you able to change the monster difficulty at any point once you've started? Or is tht locked down too once you've selected?

Gorillaz

How long it take for people to join coop ps3 wise? I just left mine up to pub and it's been kind of quiet. Just started act 1

Top Bottom