• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
is it just me or do hardly any pages/tomes for jewlcrafting drop ?

I finished the game on normal and I already played two hours on nightmare.
This is one of the best NG+ modes I've ever played. Everything carries over. It's even better because of new monsters ....best 50 € spent since Dark souls.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
First legendary on inferno (#35 total)... And it's an insaaaaane weapon upgrade. 1,5kr dmg

IvorB

My Amazon order fucked up for some reason so I just bought this from Game after work today. Paid 45 quid. Yikes!

Just played to Skeleton King with a mate. It's classic Diablo, no question about that. Though difficulty is fucked as playing on hard is like normal.

Svafnir

My Amazon order fucked up for some reason so I just bought this from Game after work today. Paid 45 quid. Yikes!

Just played to Skeleton King with a mate. It's classic Diablo, no question about that. Though difficulty is fucked as playing on hard is like normal.

You are playing on normal through the first run of the game. So a hard version of normal.... not that hard. But hard inferno? Bit better

Loginius

Any barbs out there feel like Revenge doesn't proc enough? I rolled barb on PC and it seems like it hardly procs, at least compared to PC. I'm guessing maybe I'm just getting hit less frequently since its easier to evade incoming hits. Anyone else feel this way?
Felt the same way but only used it for 1h or so until I decided that its useless for the way I play.

Dahbomb

Is that seriously what female armor looks like? It's basically walking metallic boobs.
The female Barb armor sucks but the armor for most other female classes is pretty good. I am especially a fan of the female Monk.

image.php

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
#36, resist all, physical resist, fire resist, 13% life, 300 str-chest piece

Yoshichan

3:20am, work in 3 hours... Fuck this addicting game, I'm heading to bed now! Session #3, success!

IvorB

You are playing on normal through the first run of the game. So a hard version of normal.... not that hard. But hard inferno? Bit better

Yeah playing on hard and it's decent. Skeleton King was pretty epic. We're pretty co-ordinated as well which helps. Glad that hard was unlocked from the get-go as normal would be pretty sh*t.

Brannon

Even though I have a free copy on PC, I still got this price matched at Best Buy and am finally playing it. And it's great, really great.

But the story. It really is so very oddly bad in a way that makes me raise eyebrows. And... damn. Just got the weapon put back together, and the thing that happens just before that is FUCKING BULLSHIT BLIZZARD WHAT THE FUCK.

FINE THEN.

And I knew about it but it still just... whatever, not gonna linger on that. Gameplay is solid as hell. Get it, price match it, enjoy it. Ignore the story *barf*

Yoshichan

Female barb hate here... Female troll hate in the WoW thread...

Why do I always play as the ugly people :(?

Even though I have a free copy on PC, I still got this price matched at Best Buy and am finally playing it. And it's great, really great.

But the story. It really is so very oddly bad in a way that makes me raise eyebrows. And... damn. Just got the weapon put back together, and the thing that happens just before that is FUCKING BULLSHIT BLIZZARD WHAT THE FUCK.

FINE THEN.

And I knew about it but it still just... whatever, not gonna linger on that. Gameplay is solid as hell. Get it, price match it, enjoy it. Ignore the story *barf*

Yeah I have no idea what was going on in my first playthrough. Something happened and then...something happenend. And suddenly...something happened.
ummh, yup. But to be honest: i don't care. Gameplay is awesome and the atmosphere is great.^^

Velocity

Jeebus this thread is exploding. I go away for PAX and this happens.

Anyfart, I've been playing this on PS3 the past couple nights with the gf as a Barb and DH. It's insanely fun! Seeing and hearing about all these legendaries drop is awesome! I'm so stoked to keep playing, as I've only just gotten past the Skeleton King on Normal play-through. I'll probably be playing solo tonight on my Wizard, which is level 7. I'll most likely add a few of the GAF usernames posted in this thread just to do some co-op, and as a heads up -- and for those who want to add -- my PSN ID is "MrKrise".

See you guys and gals online.

.la1n

You are powering through this game Yoshi, I just reached Act II on Nightmare. It does seem to go faster compared to playing through my first run on normal however.

MrDaravon

Just hit Act 2 on Nightmare, have been playing mostly on Medium difficulty (Hard is pointless with no drop bonuses, and MV1 is a tad too rough on my DH) and have gotten 14 Legendaries. So far:

-2 were plans (Staff of Herding and some Daibo plan)
-4 have been clear upgrades
-4 were tradeoff upgrades that I didn't take (ex. high dex but no Vit, etc)
-3 were downgrades
-Only 1 was not for my class (was a 2H barb weapon)

All in all that's a pretty good mix, especially considering on my 3 downgrades 2 of them weren't super bad downgrades or anything.

What does that even mean?

That's how many Legendaries he has found. Barbs (and probably Monks and maybe others) have an easier time of hitting higher difficulties as well, so he has the added bonus of playing with MV on sooner than most folks which is helping with his drop rates.

Sanctuary

You are powering through this game Yoshi, I just reached Act II on Nightmare. It does seem to go faster compared to playing through my first run on normal however.

Because most of your skills are unlocked at that point, and the gear you have is much better than what you wore in your first few hours of Normal, counting difficulty scaling.

theytookourjobz

Raptr doesn't track my PS3 hours for some reason but I'd imagine it's going to take me around 20 hours to get to level 60. The Infernal Helm makes a big difference in the early levels if you can make up for its shitty stats on your other gear. I haven't had to grind at all to meet level requirements and my quick path to inferno is much easier than it was on PC.

Did my review for the console version. Sadly due to a huge pile of review games and moving this weekend. I had to go straight to the point with this review and make it straight forward. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b2XfjGQO0E Bottom line: Best hack and slash on consoles ever released imo, and even though it's not perfect, it's the best of the best on consoles. My first 10 out of 10 ever.

The female Monk is probably my favorite character design in the game. Plan to roll with her once I get my usual party going.

Meanwhile, just got my first legendary item (besides the Infernal Helm) on my solo Witch Doctor: decent bracers (Steady Strikers, I believe they're called?) that dropped from a random Dark Moon Clan goatman.

It seems like the game ramps up in difficulty here. Nothing outrageous (I am only playing on Normal [Medium] after all), but I actually died a few times after making it through earlier parts with barely a scratch.

Just started playing the game and holy shit... I think I will now only buy Diablo titles that releases on the consoles... Just started and it plays better than the 200+ hour i spent on the PC version. I was such a hater after playing the PC version but now I'm once again a fan of Diablo but only on the consoles.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Just started playing the game and holy shit... I think I will now only buy Diablo titles that releases on the consoles... Just started and it plays better than the 200+ hour i spent on the PC version. I was such a hater after playing the PC version but now I'm once again a fan of Diablo but only on the consoles.

Until all this and more gets added to PC, and it gets the expansion first.

If only that was tomorrow instead of god knows how long. They've successfully got us double dipping.

The PC login servers are down.

So while everyone on the console version gets to keep playing, the PC guys are screwed.

Kind of sad.

Yep, it's been a couple hours. Went down right after I started a HC Witch Doctor. Possibly a clue for me not to waste any more time on HC if the deaths are gonna be due to shit like that.

So I just tried some multiplayer for a bit today, it was quite unpleasant with lag but playable, not sure if I just had bad luck with hosts.

I don't have the greatest connection, but zero lag problems on the PC version.

I certainly like the feel of controller combat vs mouse and keyboard. Also even though the graphics aren't as good, I am still noticing and appreciating the details of the game environments and character animations thanks to the closer point of view.

This is really close to being the quintessential version of D3 for me, I just really hope I can pour my time into this game and have my characters transfer over to PS4.

My friends and I are only in act 2 normal and already I've seen more legendaries than my entire time with the PC version.

This doesn't cheapen their effect AT ALL. I love the loot changes.

Number45

How?

...HOW?!

Oh, yeah, when does the other difficulties unlock (I'm talking about Master, MasterII, etc.)?
I could play them after completing a on hard, so I assume it's once you've completed a quest.

Any barbs out there feel like Revenge doesn't proc enough? I rolled barb on PC and it seems like it hardly procs, at least compared to PC. I'm guessing maybe I'm just getting hit less frequently since its easier to evade incoming hits. Anyone else feel this way?
There was a point where Revenge was rather overpowered, so I assume it's been toned down from that. My main issue with Revenge is that there's no visual indicator of the proc (aside from the button becoming active), which sucks. In fact just seeing when something on a cooldown is available isn't as easy as it should be (Ground Stomp for example).

Yoshichan

At work... Really don't want to be here...

Cynar

So after playing this for a few hours tonight it just makes me mad at blizzard for the PC version again. This is how the PC version should've been. I would love to see the always on and AH removed but at least we have that on consoles. Overall I'm happy with the console version and I really hope they actually fix the broken issues with PC.

Top Bottom