• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

JCizzle

Tip for new players : play online . You get an experience and magic find buff up to 30 percent, and it's just generally more fun with others IMO. Offline mode is a great option, but coop is more rewarding.

Curufinwe

What I really hate is the fact that it's still 60 bucks. Yes it is revamped with new UI etc but owning it already on PC there's just no reason to purchase it again for me.

STILL I'd love to play it. The controller version seems a lot nicer, and since I play a lot of games on my couch through my hdtv instead of a computer monitor it would be awesome to finally finish D3 with it.

They should give a deal for those who already owns it on PC.

If you already played it on PC then waiting for the PS4 version seems like the way to go. It should hopefully have the expansion included.

You didn't notice it on the PC because it didn't EXIST on the PC. :D

This is one of the great new features of the console version.

And most people should be doing new game+ into the next difficulty mode.

Thanks man. Also, I have a templar with me now and I chose his first power as heal. Does he do it automatically or can I make him do it?

Duallusion

You can't revive at corpse during boss battles, but that's the only limitation that comes to mind.

Ah, yes, t'was at the boss indeed.

Also, my first legendary find, halleluyah! That 30% magic find will hopefully help me find many, many more. Was worried I'll have the shittiest of luck again, as I tend to do - or that they've patched it with that suspicious 3MB day-one patch.

Boogdud

The console version of D3 is the game that should have been released a year ago on the PC. It's amazing what the absence of the AH and some gameplay tweaks and loot refinement has done for this game. It's unreal.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
#23... Amulet. I also just did my first 100k crit (revenge) :D

Curufinwe

Obviously this is not officially confirmed or anything, but I found it up for pre-order for X1 at Argos:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/231634.htm

The Xbox One version still hasn't been announced, so some sort of timed next-gen exclusivity seems likely.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/console/

: When is Diablo III coming to PlayStation®4?
A: We’re planning to release Diablo III for PlayStation® 4 sometime later in 2014.

Q: How will the PS4 version be different from the PS3 version?
A: We’ll have further details on the PlayStation® 4 version down the line, as we get closer to the release sometime in 2014.

Q: Will Diablo III be released on Xbox One?
A: We’ve announced that Diablo III is coming to PS3, PS4, and Xbox 360; we don’t have further announcements to make regarding any other platform at this time.

Dahbomb

It's probably time announcement exclusivity. I would bet that the Xbox One version comes day and date with PS4 version, they just haven't announced it yet.

The only real question is whether the next gen versions will come out with the expansion stuff. Now that would be good stuff. I would honestly not even buy the expansion on PC and just go straight to the next gen versions.

Helscream

Banned
Well after hitting level 27 last night on my Barbarian and defeating Belial a few things I noticed compared to the PC version relating to its first month of release.

I have the PS3 version and the first and obvious things I noticed graphically is the image quality and the color's seem a bit more saturated. I noticed stuff like physics was maintained really well. It's just the bodies disppear faster. I will say that I played a Barbarian all the way up to Act 3 Inferno on the PC version and I am really impressed with how Blizzard was able to maintain the "Feel" of Diablo 3's gameplay. Also using a controller it is obviously more relaxing yet I feel like I have direct control on my character. And overall the game feels much more fluid with a controller in hand. The framerate seems to be consistent from my experience. Occasionally there will be a bad screen tear, but it is no frequent enough to get in the way of my enjoyment. Also I am impressed with how fast loading times are considering I am using the Disc version of game.

I am really suprised by how frequent legendaries are. I have gotten a total of 10 legendaries to drop. And I am only level 27 at the begining of Act 3 on normal. I also noticed that Blacksmithing seems more viable this time around. Considering there is no AH to play on (which is a good thing). Overall though I am having a fucking blast with D3. I quit playing the PC version back in June because of how much of a clusterfuck it was. All the tweaks Blizzard did with the console version really impressed me.

I played the PC version extensively so I move pretty damn fast and effectively when it comes to clearing dungeons. So if any of you Gaffers need someone to help you understand the gameplay mechanics or want a seasoned veteran to clear dungeons with just send me a friend request on PSN. My PSN id is Helscream and if you can state that you are from neogaf so I dont think you a random person.

Curufinwe

It's probably time announcement exclusivity. I would bet that the Xbox One version comes day and date with PS4 version, they just haven't announced it yet.

The only real question is whether the next gen versions will come out with the expansion stuff. Now that would be good stuff. I would honestly not even buy the expansion on PC and just go straight to the next gen versions.

That's one of the reasons I got the 360 version now. I can play thru it all this year, and then (if I love the game) I can get the PS4 version and hopefully the expansion in 2014.

Dahbomb

If Blizzard wanted to make maximum profit then they would try to get all console version and PC version of Reaper of Souls on the same day or same week at least. The console version of D3 is gaining a lot of traction and they would be smart to capitalize on the momentum by releasing the expansion on the consoles sooner rather than later.

Yoshichan

The loot in hell is fucking crazy. I just reached act 2.

V_Arnold

If Blizzard wanted to make maximum profit then they would try to get all console version and PC version of Reaper of Souls on the same day or same week at least. The console version of D3 is gaining a lot of traction and they would be smart to capitalize on the momentum by releasing the expansion on the consoles sooner rather than later.

I do not think so. The best order for Blizz is D3 PC, D3 Consoles (currently considered most fun), D3ROS PC (the new king of fun with new stuff and new class, to get everyone in), then at least half a year or a year later, D3 ROS Consoles.

You do not want to alienate 12 million D3 users by releasing the expansion for them at the same week. Many would choose to only buy it for consoles, not for pc.

Not gonna happen, imho.

Arjen

Halfway trough act 2, 4 legendary items so far. I think I'll bump the difficulty up to hard though, I'm really breezing trough everything.

Level 12 wizard now. Its almost 11pm now and I think I've played about 5 hours since getting home from work today. Game is amazingly addictive.

Riggs

Banned
135XeQh.jpg

I am coming for you Yoshi ....

Your little green head will be on a stick by nightfall!!! Long live Winterfell!!!!!!!!

A lot. That's pretty much the opening boss of the act. :) You'll have 2 more bosses before the Act boss, and with any luck lots of random dungeons on the way there..

Thats excellent. I need to go buy another controller to get my son in on the fun!!

I'm lvl 10 Wizard, my wife started a demon hunter, but I was interested in a Monk. Sre they fun to play?

Dahbomb

So what does changing the monster power do in the console version? Does it have any effect on drops?
Only at Master I to Master V does it have an effect on drops. Easy/Medium/Hard is just for the challenge but Master I is when you get the magic find/gold find/EXP bonuses.

I do not think so. The best order for Blizz is D3 PC, D3 Consoles (currently considered most fun), D3ROS PC (the new king of fun with new stuff and new class, to get everyone in), then at least half a year or a year later, D3 ROS Consoles.

You do not want to alienate 12 million D3 users by releasing the expansion for them at the same week. Many would choose to only buy it for consoles, not for pc.

Not gonna happen, imho.
The game does not have 12 million users playing the game now, not even close. Most people who bought the game day 1 aren't even playing it anymore and some are in fact playing the console version.

Releasing the expansion day and date on PC/console does not alienate anyone. Yea sure, PC people can get Loot 2.0, Loot runs and Paragon 2.0 first through the patch and they can have the beta as well but I think Blizzard stands to gain more from releasing it all at the same time. It will build much more hype.

The fact that Loot 1.5 is released first on console along with stuff like Nephalem Glory and scaling Legendaries is already an action that alienated the PC fans. Quite a few people are not happy with it and have stopped playing the PC version because of it.

Riggs

Banned
Only at Master I to Master V does it have an effect on drops. Easy/Medium/Hard is just for the challenge but Master I is when you get the magic find/gold find/EXP bonuses.

Thank god, I was like what is the point? I missed my real MP ... so happy to hear Master actually effects magic find / gold find. Ty for info.

Dahbomb

Is that true? We were told that Medium is MP2 and Hard is MP4.
It IS MP2 and MP4 in terms of difficulty but not in terms of bonuses.

How do you do this? I just chose "normal" in difficulty, I didn't see anything about monster power or anything?
Monster Power is what it's called on the PC version. Try to start a main quest and you will see difficulty options going from Easy/Medium/Hard to Master I to Master V. Here's what it looks side to side:

Console / PC
Easy / MP0 (Default setting)
Medium (no bonuses) / MP2 (bonuses awarded)
Hard (no bonuses) / MP4 (bonuses awarded

After this point it's supposed to be identical for console and PC version just with different names:

Master I / MP 6
Master II / MP 7
Master III / MP8
Master IV / MP9
Master V / MP10

The two major difference in difficulty at Inferno is that Monster Affixes on console version are at max 3 when they are max 4 on PC version. Plus there is more mob density on the PC version at higher MP levels.

foladar

Is that true? We were told that Medium is MP2 and Hard is MP4.

They are. But if you check stat screen, there's no bonus like PC with regards to exp/mf/gf. I found out after doing normal for two hours. Supposedly, you still gain density in Inferno, but it's still minimal from what it seemed when I ran Normal Inferno throughout acts 2-4.

KaYotiX

Banned

The game does not have 12 million users playing the game now, not even close. Most people who bought the game day 1 aren't even playing it anymore and some are in fact playing the console version.

Releasing the expansion day and date on PC/console does not alienate anyone. Yea sure, PC people can get Loot 2.0, Loot runs and Paragon 2.0 first through the patch and they can have the beta as well but I think Blizzard stands to gain more from releasing it all at the same time. It will build much more hype.

The fact that Loot 1.5 is released first on console along with stuff like Nephalem Glory and scaling Legendaries is already an action that alienated the PC fans. Quite a few people are not happy with it and have stopped playing the PC version because of it.

PC will get expansion first, consoles I would say 6 months or even later. They want that double dip $$$. They already got it with the console version, they will do it with the expansion also I think.

Dahbomb

I guess if expansion comes out 6 months later on consoles it will have more patches applied too, fixing some of the issues of the expansion.

legbone

All fine and dandy but what if your discipline runs out and you can not use caltrops in the heat of battle? That is why I always revert back to Entangling Shot with the Chain Gang rune.

same here. entangling shot, chain gang, rapid fire, caltrops. working great for me at the moment. level 13 here. so far i only have trouble with the really fast leapers and the occasional idiotic move like getting hit by poison or those big insect things that are electrified. actually got one hitted by the tree (wood something or other) because i was just checking out how cool it was. pow, poison and death. oops.

Top Bottom