• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

foladar

Level 10, just killed King Leoric and the only legendaries I got are the onces that are given cause of the PS3 exclusives. :(

TBH though, I can't really tell if I like the game or not. There's something bothering me but I just can't say what.

i didnt get too many until 15+ too.

kvn

Just received my PS3 copy and I'm ready to start. Starting this totally unbiased cause I only played the PC demo ages ago...

Any recommendations? Starting class?

Raide

Just received my PS3 copy and I'm ready to start. Starting this totally unbiased cause I only played the PC demo ages ago...

Monk!

Ahem.

In the end you will try them all if you like the game enough. Think about if you like getting right in the mix or picking things off from range. All of the classes play very differently but its either close up or ranged. The first few levels of every class is just the basics of how they work and then the Runes kick in and it either clocks or does not.

Literally whatever you want to play. I've got all classes to 60 and a bunch of characters deep into paragon levels on PC but they feel so different on console.

The other great thing is that since all the drops are so awesome on console even the "weakest" classes are going to be straight up beasts eventually.

I started out Witch Doctor (by far my PC class of choice) but switched to Monk and it feels like a fighting game on console where on PC Monk feels mashy.

Sanctuary

Is there a way to shut off voice chat? It's not that I don't mind it in general, it's just when you get people that won't shut up, or their chat just keeps breaking up while talking. The only option I've found is to either mute all volume or leave the game.

Also, as nice as it is to have multiplayer at all, the matchmaking system is terrible and I have no idea why they opted to do it the way they did it instead of the much more elegant PC method. It's not like you can't navigate up a vertical menu with a controller. You basically set your quest details and randomly hope that the game puts you in a similar game, but it seems like it's an 80/20, not in your favor. I've even had the game try to put me in NM while still finishing up Normal. The only other way to get non invites into a game with the same quests you're on is to just host it yourself and hope people eventually join (seems really sparse compared to PC for the first six weeks). No idea what the sales for PS3 were, but I know it was nowhere near the PC sales. Still feels like a wasteland though.

While I think the drops in general were vastly improved, at the same time it feels like it's been tailored way too much to the class you're playing when the items drop. That's good for a solitary experience, but it's not that good if you like to save gear for future characters. I guess it's not too terrible for the future character since they will get mostly tailored gear dropping frequently enough (on top of your smithing being almost all unlocked), but I miss the ability to twink out new characters with broken gear. Sure, you can still take advantage of raw armor and damage, but it's just kind of silly wanting to use the awesome legendary two-handed sword that procs an explosion around me that has 124 INT with a Barbarian. Yeah, I know that the Barbarian can use the INT for resists, but it's not needed at the point I'd be using that weapon.

Oh, and what the fuck is up with the UI? It's awful. In multiplayer you have player names and bars in a seemingly scattershot design. Top left corner, bottom right corner? Uh, why? Why not just put them all across the top of the screen from left to right, or stack them vertically on the right side? I also have no idea why the player UI is all the way on the left side. I'm assuming this was strictly done for local co-op so that everyone's UI is stacked on the left, instead of taking up the entire middle of the screen. Good for local, ugly for everything else. Wait, did they actually add that UI to the PC version too? I haven't played it since July of 2012, so I'm going off of the last incarnation I played. If they did change it on PC to the way it is on console...I can only shake my head.

Into

I am having a really good time with it, lvl 50 now and starting Hell, Barb +

Whirlwinding mobs is more fun than in the PC version, you just get to move in more precise ways, i imagine Sprint+Tornado will feel similar to that.

I am using the dodge mechanic when i can but obviously Normal and Nightmare are so easy that you do not have to use it, as long as you properly gear up. Should be interesting to see how Inferno feels and what kind of gear i have

Sanctuary

I am having a really good time with it, lvl 50 now and starting Hell, Barb +

Whirlwinding mobs is more fun than in the PC version, you just get to move in more precise ways, i imagine Sprint+Tornado will feel similar to that.

I am using the dodge mechanic when i can but obviously Normal and Nightmare are so easy that you do not have to use it, as long as you properly gear up. Should be interesting to see how Inferno feels and what kind of gear i have

I wasn't sure how I'd feel about controlling the characters with a pad over mouse/keyboard, but I've actually found myself enjoying it much more overall on average. I'm still ambivalent about the "evade" feature though. It's okay for quickly moving out of incoming meteors or puddles because it allows you to continue to face your enemy instead of turning around, but it annoys me that it's not truly a dodge like the graphical representation makes it seem. Hey look, incoming fireball and you "dodge" at the halfway point. You're clearly nowhere near it after the evade, but you're hit anyway unless your dodge stat kicks in.

kvn

Thanks for the recommendations! I think I'll start with the monk and eventually try the witch doctor. Fuck I suspect this is going to prevent me from completing my bachelor thesis, if I'm not careful.

What is it with the PS3 bonus items? Do I get them automatically?

edit: nvm found them in the stash.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My god, I am getting shakes for not playing this game for so long!

Drewfonse

Sorry to re-post this, but I'm worried that it'll get buried on the previous page. If it was auto attack issue, wouldn't I have noticed the problem when using the same weapon before?

Guys, I'm loving the game on the 360, but I have a problem that I don't know how to remedy. My Level 13 Barbarian all of a sudden started swinging his dagger really slowly. It is supposed to do 1.5 attacks per second and it is actually doing 1. I've repaired everything, I unequipped heavy items, equipped dexterity raising items, etc. Nothing is making a difference. HELP

Raide

Sorry to re-post this, but I'm worried that it'll get buried on the previous page. If it was auto attack issue, wouldn't I have noticed the problem when using the same weapon before?

Guys, I'm loving the game on the 360, but I have a problem that I don't know how to remedy. My Level 13 Barbarian all of a sudden started swinging his dagger really slowly. It is supposed to do 1.5 attacks per second and it is actually doing 1. I've repaired everything, I unequipped heavy items, equipped dexterity raising items, etc. Nothing is making a difference. HELP

Auto-attack will just be a basic melee attack without any fancy stuff. Also the slowest. It might be that, so just check to make sure you have the relevant skills assigned to the right buttons.

If you take everything off, check your base attack speed. Weapons have their own speeds that change depending on certain skills for various classes.

Drewfonse

Auto-attack will just be a basic melee attack without any fancy stuff. Also the slowest. It might be that, so just check to make sure you have the relevant skills assigned to the right buttons.

If you take everything off, check your base attack speed. Weapons have their own speeds that change depending on certain skills for various classes.

OK, thanks. How do I check attack speed apart from the description underneath each weapon,which never changes.

Radec

Just beat nightmare, I dunno, the game just feels a bit too easy.

Nightmare ending stats. Almost all my equipment is made up of Legendaries with the highest possible gems attached at this level.

You guys have it the easy way.

I only see a legendary once every 2-3 days here on PC.

And all rares are trash. :/

I picked this up yesterday and I love it. I had it on the PC and got to act 2 on inferno and quit until the expansion. I may triple dip on this game if it comes to the PS4 with the expansion built in.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Quick question. I am in Quebec and could only find a PAL english version. My friends have normal NTSC versions. I'll still be able to play with them right?

Jrmint

I'd love to see a breakdown from Blizz on the classes people are playing on console.

Seems like it has to be:
Barb 80%
Monk 10%
DH 5%
Wizard 4.8%
WD .02%

It's a shame too, WD is actually a really fun class.

I'm playing Barb

DSmalls84

I'd love to see a breakdown from Blizz on the classes people are playing on console.

Seems like it has to be:
Barb 80%
Monk 10%
DH 5%
Wizard 4.8%
WD .02%

It's a shame too, WD is actually a really fun class.

I'm playing Barb

I play WD as a main on PC so I chose the Demon hunter. Really enjoying the class so far and just got to nightmare.

Drewfonse

I feel like an infant. How do you have your follower learn skills? He keeps asking, and I'm like dude, sorry, I can't figure it out.

rcl66

Just finished the Spider Queen last night and I also haven't gotten any legendaries. I have been playing as a Wizard but I'm very interested to try out the Monk.

OK what's the trick with the spider queen? I'm level 12 Warrior and the Spider Queen is just kicking my ass. Died 3 times, and you can't respawn you have to start the battle over if you die..

Drame

I feel like an infant. How do you have your follower learn skills? He keeps asking, and I'm like dude, sorry, I can't figure it out.
Push select / back and choose the Follower page from the menu by hitting bumpers. There you can choose the skills for your follower.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

Hit Select/Start, then hit R1/RB to go to your Follower menu. From there you can equip items as well as select skills for your follower to learn.

Yeah I've been wondering about that as well, doesn't m$ have some kind of 2 patches only after release policy?

The previous policy was that you'd get one free patch and then you'd have to pay a huge fee for any patches after.

Microsoft ended this policy earlier in the year and no longer charges for any patches.

Sanctuary

I still think that Monster Power doesn't matter much at all until after you're already level 60 and a few Paragon levels. I've spent a good eight hours messing around with MP 1 - 3 and I've not had a single legendary item drop. I know Yoshi keeps updating with his 20 - 30 drops, but...

I've had a total of 16 legendaries drop, and I'm only level 36 in NM. Every single one of those dropped in Easy, Medium and Hard, and it has everything to do with luck and killing speed.

This is what my MF is with my current gear in each difficulty:

Easy: 41%
Medium: 41%
Hard: 41%
MP1: 101% < over double, yet enemy health and damage is ridiculous compared to the lower difficulties. It actually makes it feel almost just like Inferno.
MP2: 111%
MP3: 121%
MP4: 131%
MP5: 141%

Level 10, just killed King Leoric and the only legendaries I got are the onces that are given cause of the PS3 exclusives. :(

TBH though, I can't really tell if I like the game or not. There's something bothering me but I just can't say what.

Well for one you're only level 10, and secondly...they're legendaries not common items so the drop rate reflects that.

Dahbomb

I still think that Monster Power doesn't matter much at all until after you're already level 60 and a few Paragon levels. I've spent a good eight hours messing around with MP 1 - 3 and I've not had a single legendary item drop. I know Yoshi keeps updating with his 20 - 30 drops, but...
Read some of my posts on the previous pages. The bonuses from Easy/Medium/Hard are the same, the real bonuses only start when you get to Master I or higher.

Also people complaining about not getting Legendaries at lvl10 need to relax. People who got the PC version day never saw a Legendary until they were deep into Inferno (hell I know I didn't).

ttocs

I played a ton of Diablo on the PC and took a chance and got this version. I really wish this game came out when the PC version did because this just feels like a more enjoyable and fun way to play Diablo. The graphics aren't nearly as good, that's a given, but the lack of an AH, ability to play offline - this is what should have been in the original release on the PC.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So tired... Diablo... Or sleep... Fuck...

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Quick question. I am in Quebec and could only find a PAL english version. My friends have normal NTSC versions. I'll still be able to play with them right?

Yeah so I managed to ask a couple friends around and some of them had PAL versions too and anyway, you can override the region right? Well guess what. Game is still PAL. I can't even get my helmet code to work since it's PAL. And I suppose the DLC will never work either, since i'd need a PAL account. And of course I had to open it not find out so no exchanges. Game isn't even licensed for sale in NA goddamnit.

Great freaking job Quebec game market. Wow. I am not freaking rich. This is wasted money to me. Now I don't even want to play the game.

Seventy5

Put me in the PS3 group, add me if you like. I have a 16 wizard main, a 4 monk that I'm not going to play for a while and I think I will start a new WD for online tonight. This game is crack, and its soooo good! I can't wait to play online with people who have headsets. Add me!!

Guys I'm in act 2 and looking for something called "khasim outpost". I haven't been able to find it yet as it's a large area. I've found a crypt called the ruins and I'm in level 2.i want to go to bed now but I have no idea when it has been saved last or whatever.

If I portal back to town will it auto save? Can I turn off my xbox then and I'll be able to portal back to the ruins tomorrow?

Yeah so I managed to ask a couple friends around and some of them had PAL versions too and anyway, you can override the region right? Well guess what. Game is still PAL. I can't even get my helmet code to work since it's PAL. And I suppose the DLC will never work either, since i'd need a PAL account. And of course I had to open it not find out so no exchanges. Game isn't even licensed for sale in NA goddamnit.

Great freaking job Quebec game market. Wow. I am not freaking rich. This is wasted money to me. Now I don't even want to play the game.

Wow that fucking sucks. So glad I grabbed the English version when the clerk asked me which one I wanted (I always take the English version anyway).

Top Bottom