• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
You can choose not to respawn there but it tends to be based upon the situation you died in. You may choose to respawn in the town if you need to buy something/repair etc.

Awesome, that's what I'm doing now and then just running back to where I fell. It just felt like I was artificially making it harder for myself and I wondered if I was doing it wrong.

I'm still very early in but it's such a great game. I'm glad that I held off on the PC version. It plays brilliantly with the DS3. I'll be double dipping with the PS4 version when that comes out. It looks great running at it's current (lowish) resolution... it'll be drool worthy running at 1080p on the PS4.

Any barbs out there feel like Revenge doesn't proc enough? I rolled barb on PC and it seems like it hardly procs, at least compared to PC. I'm guessing maybe I'm just getting hit less frequently since its easier to evade incoming hits. Anyone else feel this way?

Are you using the rune that doubles the proc rate?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
a huge bug has been found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zuh3KEfoZKA&feature=youtu.be

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9882018544

this isnt my video i just found it on forum but dam huge bug to let through testing

n this video, I first show that I am wearing 2 Set items; Blackthorne's Surcoat and Blackthorne's Spurs. Wearing both of these items is meant to give the player +100 Vitality.

I then show that if you log out and log in, this Set bonus is actually added to your characters base stats, and the more you log out and log in, the set bonus will just keep adding to your characters stats. (This is a huge problem in Diablo, as when you're farming, you will log out and in a lot to farm items)

I then show that even if you remove the items, the stats remain on your character even if you log out, essentially ruining your character and gameplay experience.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Will be easy to fix.
This.

I feel bad for the guy, but he should be able to quickly find a replacement for the gear he lost. It is console-D3 after all :p

legbone

finally got some legendaries. one is called "broken crown". nice stats. can't remember what they are right now but it's pretty good. only i'm only level 15 atm so i can see myself wearing it for a while.

right before i went to bed, i got a crossbow named "demon machine". fire rate is a little slow for my tastes. damage is good but i like my entangling shot to proc as much as possible. but it is the first weapon that i got that lets me one hit some of the weaker critters. feels so good. i forgot how good it feels to one-hit fools in diablo.

finally got some legendaries. one is called "broken crown". nice stats. can't remember what they are right now but it's pretty good. only i'm only level 15 atm so i can see myself wearing it for a while.

right before i went to bed, i got a crossbow named "demon machine". fire rate is a little slow for my tastes. damage is good but i like my entangling shot to proc as much as possible. but it is the first weapon that i got that lets me one hit some of the weaker critters. feels so good. i forgot how good it feels to one-hit fools in diablo.

I got that crown too at level 14. Still got it now as it has some great stats.

koji

Digital or disc, ps3?

I first bought the disc version but didn't like the game constantly streaming everything from disc, there is no install option. I also have a 2006 EU launch fat, not sure how long the BD laser will last and I plan to play a lot of this game. Anyway, I bought the PSN version yesterday and was playing with a friend who was on the disc version, load times were identical to my PSN version (that's on a 7200RPM hd).

So besides everything being streamed from the BD disc constantly there doesn't really seem to be a lot of difference, also, load times on both versions are FAST.

Holy shit at that bug.

This.

I feel bad for the guy, but he should be able to quickly find a replacement for the gear he lost. It is console-D3 after all :p

I do not know if it is about the gear he lost but more about the stats accumulating every time you log back in thus not ending up with +100 vitality but +10.000 vitality depending on how much you log out wearing that gear.

I hope I read it correctly.

bill0527

My concern with bugs is that even if easy to fix, the certification process for Sony and Microsoft takes for fucking ever. I would hope Blizzard can get some kind of special consideration since they're one of the best and legendary game developers in the world.

koji

My concern with bugs is that even if easy to fix, the certification process for Sony and Microsoft takes for fucking ever. I would hope Blizzard can get some kind of special consideration since they're one of the best and legendary game developers in the world.

Yeah I've been wondering about that as well, doesn't m$ have some kind of 2 patches only after release policy?

V_Arnold

Yeah I've been wondering about that as well, doesn't m$ have some kind of 2 patches only after release policy?

Hotfixes are different from bigger patches as far as I know. And no, that is not an existing policy (before someone comes and says m$...oh wait :p), that is 2 free title updates per game, if you want more, you need to pay..or something like that.

Voidance

I've started my nightmare playthrough on Master I. Every battle is a glorious struggle and I have to use all of my abilities to beat elites. It's quite rewarding. Sadly, I get my shit stomped by bosses though, so back down to normal for them. No legendaries on Nightmare so far. I think I had 16 drop on Normal (Diablo dropped 2).

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just hit level 12 on my Monk and beat the Spider Queen. Still no legendaries for me. I'm still trying to decide how I feel about the Monk. On the one hand I love her aesthetic, the healing spell is clutch in difficult fights, and I like how I have to balance using abilities with basic punches to regenerate spirit. On the other hand, her damage output is kinda dinky and she doesn't have many AOE options.

I'll keep playing with her for a while but I'm thinking of rolling a Wizard at some point and seeing if I like that class better.

Just hit level 12 on my Monk and beat the Spider Queen. Still no legendaries for me. I'm still trying to decide how I feel about the Monk. On the one hand I love her aesthetic, the healing spell is clutch in difficult fights, and I like how I have to balance using abilities with basic punches to regenerate spirit. On the other hand, her damage output is kinda dinky and she doesn't have many AOE options.

I'll keep playing with her for a while but I'm thinking of rolling a Wizard at some point and seeing if I like that class better.

I love the monk. Just wait a while till a few more powers open up. I'm using the wizard now, it's very different, much more of a range character.

Raide

What weapons are you using? Try swapping out to either faster speed weapons or high dps but slower ones. Playing with the various skills and later runes does help.

Punching monsters in the face until their hearts explode is a great AoE. :D

Akai XIII

Up to act 2 inferno with my monk. Getting quite a few legendary wands so my next class will probably be wizard.

The monk seems a lot more fun on the console version, faster and feels more "punchy".

Just finished the Spider Queen last night and I also haven't gotten any legendaries. I have been playing as a Wizard but I'm very interested to try out the Monk.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
What weapons are you using? Try swapping out to either faster speed weapons or high dps but slower ones. Playing with the various skills and later runes does help.

Punching monsters in the face until their hearts explode is a great AoE. :D

I'm using some spear and a sword. No rares or legendaries or anything just yet.

I like the rune that makes you teleport to enemies when you attack, but that kind of nullifies the usefulness of her charge skill. I'm thinking maybe once I unlock more skills I'll start to see some more synergy, but as of right now I'm still trying to figure out how I should be playing her.

Raide

I'm using some spear and a sword. No rares or legendaries or anything just yet.

I like the rune that makes you teleport to enemies when you attack, but that kind of nullifies the usefulness of her charge skill. I'm thinking maybe once I unlock more skills I'll start to see some more synergy, but as of right now I'm still trying to figure out how I should be playing her.

Get a few more skills and some runes and things do start to work out well for the old Monk.

Maybe try skills you don't normally use and see how they work. Also try with the fast speed weapons or slow/high dps one. The Teleport move is great if you can punch things damn hard.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
4-5 hours till I can start playing again... Fuuuuck, wish I could just play this shit. I'd be rolling a 500k paragon 20+ barb at this point...

StUnNeR H2K

Been having way to much fun playing this... Not sure what it is that makes it that much more enjoyable than the PC version. Most of the randoms I've been grouped with have been enjoyable and helpful.

Just started Hell Mode late last night... Hoping to be 60 and finished with Hell this weekend.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Get a few more skills and some runes and things do start to work out well for the old Monk.

Maybe try skills you don't normally use and see how they work. Also try with the fast speed weapons or slow/high dps one. The Teleport move is great if you can punch things damn hard.

Alright, I've been avoiding the high damage 2-handed weapons because I figured they were out of character for a Monk, but I'll give them a shot. I don't really have many high speed weapons at the moment.

Yoshichan

Also, whirlwinding at 200% movement speed is way more satisfying with a controller, than it is with a mouse-click.

I never thought I'd say this... I've had intense discussions on GAF about this, a loooong time ago... Duckroll was correct all along. That frustrates me :mad:

Raide

Alright, I've been avoiding the high damage 2-handed weapons because I figured they were out of character for a Monk, but I'll give them a shot. I don't really have many high speed weapons at the moment.

They changed it up a bit in D3. Not restricting a certain class to 1 set of weapons. Sure you have class ones but feel free to try out a mix of different weapons and see what works!

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a way to check how many hours you've played on a certain character? I was trying to pull up this info this morning but couldn't figure out how to do it.

V_Arnold

Also, whirlwinding at 200% movement speed is way more satisfying with a controller, than it is with a mouse-click.

I never thought I'd say this... I've had intense discussions on GAF about this, a loooong time ago... Duckroll was correct all along. That frustrates me :mad:

I remember two "battles" against mods.

One was that console versions would be more precise.I'll take my losses with that: D3 currently feels better than D3 pc. Yet, I still retain that some things were gained (melee feeling), some were lost (the complete lack of the ability to shoot behind a mob as a ranged/caster).

The other battle, I think I was in the right, in retrospective: it was whether the skill gain system was restrictive and akin to a rollercoaster ride. Of course, back then, we could not know how long levels lasted and how big of a difference certain runes would make, so that is not too much of a "yaay, I was right" either :D

But at the end of the day, I do not admit to say that I was wrong: D3 works well on consoles.

Raide

I remember two "battles" against mods.

One was that console versions would be more precise.I'll take my losses with that: D3 currently feels better than D3 pc. Yet, I still retain that some things were gained (melee feeling), some were lost (the complete lack of the ability to shoot behind a mob as a ranged/caster).

The other battle, I think I was in the right, in retrospective: it was whether the skill gain system was restrictive and akin to a rollercoaster ride. Of course, back then, we could not know how long levels lasted and how big of a difference certain runes would make, so that is not too much of a "yaay, I was right" either :D

But at the end of the day, I do not admit to say that I was wrong: D3 works well on consoles.

My first loosing battle was asking for D3 on Console... :D

Yoshichan

I never lose battles! I refuse to! Especially against Duckychan! :3

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Just beat nightmare, I dunno, the game just feels a bit too easy.

Nightmare ending stats. Almost all my equipment is made up of Legendaries with the highest possible gems attached at this level.

vKzhnaW.jpg

Voidance

Just beat nightmare, I dunno, the game just feels a bit too easy.

Nightmare ending stats. Almost all my equipment is made up of Legendaries with the highest possible gems attached at this level.
Were you playing Nightmare Easy/Normal/Hard or one of the Master difficulties?

Drewfonse

Guys, I'm loving the game on the 360, but I have a problem that I don't know how to remedy. My Level 13 Barbarian all of a sudden started swinging his dagger really slowly. It is supposed to do 1.5 attacks per second and it is actually doing 1. I've repaired everything, I unequipped heavy items, equipped dexterity raising items, etc. Nothing is making a difference. HELP!!

Raide

Guys, I'm loving the game on the 360, but I have a problem that I don't know how to remedy. My Level 13 Barbarian all of a sudden started swinging his dagger really slowly. It is supposed to do 1.5 attacks per second and it is actually doing 1. I've repaired everything, I unequipped heavy items, equipped dexterity raising items, etc. Nothing is making a difference. HELP!!

Make sure you have skill attacks on and not just some basic auto attack. Might be the problem.

I got a question that popped up last night. When playing a coop games my wife's armor broke but when she went to the blacksmith the only option available was to talk to him. No matter what I tried I cannot get her armor fixed while in a coop game. This seems really odd. I guess I could start a normal game as her character and fix it but that seems like a pain.

Raxious

Level 10, just killed King Leoric and the only legendaries I got are the onces that are given cause of the PS3 exclusives. :(

TBH though, I can't really tell if I like the game or not. There's something bothering me but I just can't say what.

Level 10, just killed King Leoric and the only legendaries I got are the onces that are given cause of the PS3 exclusives. :(

TBH though, I can't really tell if I like the game or not. There's something bothering me but I just can't say what.

I don't think legendaries even exist until around level 20ish.

I couldn't play at all yesterday and it's literally killing me.

Daigoro

Normal. This is my first time playing Diablo 3 at all.

try hard. after getting my first character to lvl 16, i made a new one and started on ML1. it was ridiculous, so i restarted on hard. it feels just right. not a cakewalk, but not insane like ML1 was.

Top Bottom