• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

Dahbomb

If anything Paragon leveling seems a bit slower than on PC. Anecdotal I know but pretty much everyone I know who is at Paragon level is going fairly slow despite play nearly all day yet when I was playing on PC I got the first 20 levels rather quickly. Especially when you consider the type of gear the console players are running.

Azull

Nah its like the current Andy just without the debuff. I saw KingKongor have it dropped and there was no debuff affix on it. Was a nice upgrade to him. So its basically the best version of Andy in D3 yet.

I only saw the helm for a few seconds so I may be mistaken but I am fairly sure on this.

Well holy shit on a stick. I swore I would stop buying games for current gen consoles but god damn this version of the game sounds amazing.

Grinding like 40 hours for a trash legendary is not fun

MrDaravon

I was already melting enemies (level 47, Act 3 Nightmare) and just got a Balefire Caster that raised my DPS from 6k to 9k. This version is so hilarious in perspective if you've played the PC version. Also in addition to my Cains plans I also got a really good Buriza so that's already setting up my Scoundrel for farming purposes later so that's excellent.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
As of this post, there are 494 members who have posted in this thread.

I'd put the over/under of those 494 to reach P100 within one year at ... 30.

I seriously don't understand why people who are only level 1-15 complaining about not getting legendaries drops. It's so weird slightly annoying to boot, it's like they're completely unaware of how loot games work in general. And expect something with a 1-5% drop rate at their level/difficulty to drop like candy from a pinata
Not to mention that most Legendaries I've seen mentioned in this thread are still trash.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I hate when I recover my save file through PS+ on my living room PS3 rather than my bedroom one, it gets all weird about giving me trophies. I don't care about trophies, but now my save isn't officially tied to any single profile.

foladar

If anything Paragon leveling seems a bit slower than on PC. Anecdotal I know but pretty much everyone I know who is at Paragon level is going fairly slow despite play nearly all day yet when I was playing on PC I got the first 20 levels rather quickly. Especially when you consider the type of gear the console players are running.

It's definitely slower for me. 45 hours on console and I'm at paragon 14. On pc in 50 hours (powerleveled, but still, add 16 hours) and I'm paragon like 55. Has to do with the density though I'd imagine.

RkOwnage

Just getting to Nightmare if anyone on PSN wants to add me. PSNID is Rkownage. Playing a Monk @ 32 right now.

I'm on pretty much anytime I'm not working and taking care of teh Baby.

crozier

Just beat Hell and onto Inferno. My earlier struggles with the monk getting one-shotted disappeared after a couple of gear drops and one helpful random player.

When in doubt, stack vitality.

Witch doctor is still my favorite. I run around with poison locusts and nuke dogs non-stop. I found this crazy voodoo mask that turns me into a skeleton and constantly spawns 2 mimics

ironcreed

Banned
Jesus, you guys are blazing through this. I am just a paltry level 19 searching every nook and cranny in Act II, lol.

Anyway, the drops seem pretty balanced so far to me. I have found only one legendary early on, with the occasional rares here and there. Overall, the feeling of progression, growth and gradually better loot seems like it is tweaked about right from what I can see. Having a blast.

Dahbomb

Most people who are loot hungry and don't really care much about collecting all the Logs/Side Quests/Exploration are just going to blow through the campaign as fast as they can to get to Inferno. You also have to realize that some people here have already played it on PC so they know where to go and what to do... as well as skip all the cutscenes.

IsayFever

The additions of the different difficulties aside from the usual Nightmare, Hell, Inferno, etc is quite awesome. Thoroughly enjoying nightmare atm on Master II difficulty and the increased spike in difficulty is more fun and things feel more rewarding.

Also if anybody is playing on psn and wants to do stuff, my id is in my profile.

MrDaravon

Just finished Nightmare at level 51. Aside from messing around with MV1 just a bit (DH is a bit squishy still for that, although I just got Gloom so that'll probably let me do MV1 now) I've played only on Normal difficulty and have gotten 27 Legendaries so...yeah. So far it's still been a pretty even mix of useful upgrades, trade-offs (ex. high dex but no vit), or trash excluding the plans. I think only two of the 27 were for a class that wasn't the one I was playing. The legendary drops ramped up considerably in Act 2 and 3 of Nightmare though, 10 or more were probably just in Act 3 Nightmare so I don't know if I just got a crazy run there or not, but in literally 5 minutes I got 3 legendaries that took my DPS from 6k to 11.5k (and I was already breezing through the content).

Edit: Has anyone seen any Hellfires crafted yet on Console? I wonder if they can roll absurd stats now or something.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just hit level 15 on my Monk, and just got my first Legendary:

I5yAkNP.jpg

Seems pretty decent for a Monk, yes?

Hey guys, If I played Diablo 3 on the PC for 200 Hours spread across 4 characters, Barbarian hitting 80+ easy and being put off by the Auction House, should I get the PS3 or wait for the PS4 version?

I'm iffy about screen-tearing and unstable FPS, I just want something to satisfy my loot craving until the patch+expansion reach the PC version.

Thanks.

butts

Leorics Signet from a normal difficulty hammer hand guy in act 4! Always wanted one on PC. 2% crit chance 82 str and 29% exp

Karak

Hot damn I'm loving that Witch Doctor.

Personally, as I was saying in my review, I couldn't get into a couple of the guys the Witch Doc was one. I am not sure why:( I tried (7 hours) but just couldn't really enjoy the gameplay. So odd as its everything I would normally like.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

You'll learn soon enough that one item is trash once you're level goes up. I'd focus on hitting level 60 and just store/sell the gear. Good job! I didn't get my first Legendary until I got to Inferno with my barb. I was grinding to level 60 with Wizard and all I got were some very good rares.

I don't think I'll get it on console. My lvl 60s are all waiting for the expansion. I hope it does real well on console too. I can't wait to go back.

Seik

Banned
That was quite a session I had there with Papersleeves.

Started with a freshly dead Leoric with a lvl 11 Wiz, finished with a freshly dead Belial at lvl 23. Found 3 legendary in the process. :D

Dat camera angle was hype as fuck. O_O

Dahbomb

Yea most non 60 Legendaries are going to lose their luster fairly quick. Some of the lvl60 Legendaries I am seeing right now are just nuts.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Are console gamers getting one-shotted in Inferno yet.. I remember that feeling like it was yesterday.

Normal - Hell is basically a cake-walk. Inferno on increased MP was when it got rocky. Laser beams and ice balls tore me apart, literally.

HPhins54

Neo Member
Decided to pull the trigger and double dip on the game...totally worth it. Love the movement and controls. Got my Barb to 9 tonight. Can't wait to play some more.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I'm level 28 and have a belt that reduces level requirement by 11, but it still won't let me equip Leoric's Gauntlet which normally require level 30. Am I missing something?

Drame

I'm level 28 and have a belt that reduces level requirement by 11, but it still won't let me equip Leoric's Gauntlet which normally require level 30. Am I missing something?
It doesn't lower the level req of other gear, only the piece which has the level req reduce roll.

Drame

Ah, that makes it kinda pointless. Thanks.
Not really. Think about rolling great legendary weapon which has the ilevel of 56 and a level reducement roll by 11. That means you can use that weapon on a 45lvl toon.

Sure, it's a really situational roll, but sometimes you can get really good stuff with level reducement roll. As for example Yoshi got a killer 2h, which had way higher stat budget than normal loot at that level.

DragonNC

I was already melting enemies (level 47, Act 3 Nightmare) and just got a Balefire Caster that raised my DPS from 6k to 9k. This version is so hilarious in perspective if you've played the PC version. Also in addition to my Cains plans I also got a really good Buriza so that's already setting up my Scoundrel for farming purposes later so that's excellent.

Rump up difficulty if you are so confident.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
yeah, found my first legendary with my lvl17 wizzard.
A pretty wand ;D

Question: Is it usefull to euip that templar dude with a Ring with MagicFind?
does that do something or is it wasted on him?

Loginius

Jesus, you guys are blazing through this. I am just a paltry level 19 searching every nook and cranny in Act II, lol.

Anyway, the drops seem pretty balanced so far to me. I have found only one legendary early on, with the occasional rares here and there. Overall, the feeling of progression, growth and gradually better loot seems like it is tweaked about right from what I can see. Having a blast.
You are doing it right.
This is the way to play if youre completing it for the first time.

I really dont get all the "just want to be 60" or "still no legendarys at lvl10".
Do people think this is a mmo or something?
(I also dont get why people rush to max lvl in mmos)

Is it better than what you were wearing?
Then it is pretty decent.
Will it still be good once you hit lvl17?
Probably not.

Are console gamers getting one-shotted in Inferno yet.. I remember that feeling like it was yesterday.
Inferno has been fixed months ago in the pc version and is the same in the console version.
You wont get oneshotted unless you up mp or just stand still all the time.

Question: Is it usefull to euip that templar dude with a Ring with MagicFind?
does that do something or is it wasted on him?
Yes, you get 1/5th.
Its basically the only thing they are usefull for in higher difficultys.

What is paragon levelling? Like what does P0, P100 etc even mean? How do I access it.

So MP1-5 is monster power? I can only set it up to MP5? On PC it's higher? A y point in setting this before Inferno? I'm playing just "normal" first playthrough.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Love reading through this thread when I wake up :3! You guys are having so much fun!

Top Bottom