• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

crozier

Inferno done. That was without a doubt the easiest run yet. After stacking resistances and vitality, nothing could touch me. No deaths from Act 1 through Act IV. I don't think I even went under half life the entire time, haha.

Here's my monk looking all badass:

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
and now it got my first legendary for my lvl 18 monk.
some rocking wrist bracers!

things start to get goin'!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
First legendary at 18?! Damn son, must be a record for highest lvl without a legendary :p

Abylim

Played through to Act 3 hell with a friend the entire time.
Between the two of us we have 30+ legendaries. He got 11 before I got one.

I have been getting more than him now, which is great because they are actually good!

Loot is a lot more relevant than what I experienced on PC. I got to inferno and only had one legendary drop, and it was worse than an equal level rare.

Very impressed, everything seems to have transitioned greatly to console.
Plowing through to inferno now!

Into

Is the max Nephalem Valor you can get in the console version 3?

I must have missed that news, i am killing packs in inferno Act 1 now and still stuck at 3

EDIT: I am playing Medium difficulty, maybe it needs to be higher to get 5 stacks?

Steiner84

First legendary at 18?! Damn son, must be a record for highest lvl without a legendary :p

got my first legenday with a lvl16 wizzard and now this one with my lvl 18 monk.
but i allready found some pretty nice rares which suite me well.
im not complaining.
loot is great and im making good progress without too much hassle. but i need the templar. His healing spell is essential for me.

dat bell spell!

game is great

Jrmint

Does Paragon work the same on console as it does on PC? 3% magic and gold find and a few points to your primary stat? Or did they put in the paragon 2.0 to this?

finally on way home today-wife has been warned I wont be leaving my 'office' for 2 days for this-

whats the best diffculty to start at for a semi-experienced DH, hard?

IvorB

Well last night found out that the way my mate joined my game did not save his character at all. So his level ten monk was wiped out. So we had to go back to beginning and get him to level 10 again while I played an alt. Played last night until about 5 am. Just woke up and could easily just start playing again. That old Diablo feeling, man. :)

Jrmint

finally on way home today-wife has been warned I wont be leaving my 'office' for 2 days for this-

whats the best diffculty to start at for a semi-experienced DH, hard?
Probably normal. There's no bonus to loot or experience by playing on hard, so really you'll just level slower. Around level 20 you can turn on Master 1 which gives about 120% exp, but it's equivalent to MP6.

Probably normal. There's no bonus to loot or experience by playing on hard, so really you'll just level slower. Around level 20 you can turn on Master 1 which gives about 120% exp, but it's equivalent to MP6.

hmmm ok-thanks!

Ill join in posting off screen pics of the loot/character progression later

Steiner84

are the mantras of the monk permanent?
i activate it and is doesnt go away...
if so, whats the point of them costing mana?

Steiner84

yeah, they seem to be permanent.
the icon for the buff has no timer and is permanent as well as the graphical effekt underneath the character and the templar..
lol
at least for the first mantra, i dont have the others yet.

Sanctuary

I didn't start getting legendaries until like level 17 or so. Now I'm up to 24 on act 2 hell

edit: my bad!

As far as legendaries go, I don't really get all of the salt. Unless you're really lucky, a lot of what drops is junk anyway (or at least it has been for me) and rares or crafted items beat them out. I've found 22 legendaries so far, and I've used four of them, only two of which felt like a real upgrade. Most of them are duplicates of stuff that would have been useful ten levels earlier.

theytookourjobz

On the PC they only last 3 minutes, 10 with one of the passives. That's crazy they're permanent on console.

3 minutes is pretty much permanent anyways. Mantras are, for all intents and purposes, an extra passive that has an even greater effect when you spam it every 3 or 4 seconds.

Steiner84

3 minutes is pretty much permanent anyways. Mantras are, for all intents and purposes, an extra passive that has an even greater effect when you spam it every 3 or 4 seconds.

not with my monk on ps3.
i cast teh mantra and its permanently there. if i recast it i see the first buff go away (with that round the clock animation) in about 1 second. Then theres a new buff icon.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm outside buyin random stuff... Stumbled upon this and decided to play :3 gotta take every chance I get!

BKeqp9k.jpg

Decided to roll a new character last night and went with a monk. Shot up to Lvl 11 fairly quick and the monk is a whole different play style from the wizard I started with. I'm really liking him a lot and at this point I think I'm going to stick with him. My wizard did get 1 legendary a gauntlet but that's my only one so far. Really loving it and the fact that my wife has been playing w me makes it even better.

Jedi2016

Are the materials for the Staff of Herding not available on your first run through?

Last night, I came across the room that was supposed to have the Black Mushroom in it (just before I killed SK), but it was empty. I was under the impression that it was the room itself that was the rare spawn, but that it always had the Mushroom in it.

On PC, I found it on the first playthrough of my Barb, but it was after I'd run that area on my monk.

Edit: Never mind, I was on the wrong level. It apparently spawned an exact copy of the room on Level 3 (the Mushroom only spawns on Level 1).

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, about to jump into Act 2 Normal on my level 15 Monk for the next hour or so.

Are people wearing their Infernal Helm through to level 60? I have gotten some much better helms but I'm hard pressed to give up that 25% experience gain. :O

smr00

Banned
Alright, about to jump into Act 2 Normal on my level 15 Monk for the next hour or so.

Are people wearing their Infernal Helm through to level 60? I have gotten some much better helms but I'm hard pressed to give up that 25% experience gain. :O
I think i was going on level 20 before i swapped it. A friend of mine just went through all the modes on easy with the helmet on. On my DH i will probably do the same. Easy w/ helmet on and just melt through the modes super fast.

Are the materials for the Staff of Herding not available on your first run through?

Last night, I came across the room that was supposed to have the Black Mushroom in it (just before I killed SK), but it was empty. I was under the impression that it was the room itself that was the rare spawn, but that it always had the Mushroom in it.

On PC, I found it on the first playthrough of my Barb, but it was after I'd run that area on my monk.

Edit: Never mind, I was on the wrong level. It apparently spawned an exact copy of the room on Level 3 (the Mushroom only spawns on Level 1).
I found the Black Mushroom the first playthrough on my Wizard. Can't remember what other items you need.

I just finish the game, this game is crack right now great game better than the pc version I got a lot of legendary in the last act I got 6 Legendary DAMN,I got it on the ps3 the framerate is okay...Now going back to play :)

Sanctuary

I quit wearing mine at around level 20 or so. The stats on it are terrible, and I would rather be wearing a helm with 180 armor and +200 of whatever stat that already has +%experience or even +experience per monster with the ability to add Magic Find on top of it. You have to factor in just how much 25% experience matters (don't believe it works on quest xp at all) if you're killing a bit slower.

I found the Black Mushroom the first playthrough on my Wizard. Can't remember what other items you need.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Whimsyshire (err, don't actually click this link if you don't know, or don't want to know what the level looks like. It's better to be surprised)

Here are the items and locations:
Black Mushroom — Spawns on the first level of Tristram Cathedral in Act 1.
Leoric's Shinbone — Is located randomly in the fireplace in Leoric's Manor in Act 1.
Liquid Rainbow — Is found in a Mysterious Cave within Dahlgur Oasis. The cave is opened by Zaven the Alchemist after he has been saved from a pack of Deathly Haunts. The item is located within a Mysterious Chest. Neither Zaven nor the chest are guaranteed to appear.
Wirt's Bell — Sold by Squirt the Peddler in Hidden Camp in Act 2 for 100,000 gold.
Gibbering Gemstone — Dropped by Chiltara in level 2 of the Caverns of Frost in Act 3.
Plan: Staff of Herding — Dropped randomly by Izual or Diablo in Act 4.

Drame

Just change the helm as you find one that is better. Exp comes from killing things faster ;).

Also, you can socket bonus exp to helm slot later in the game.

Dahbomb

Paragon leveling is just another set of levels you start acquiring AFTER you reach lvl60, the progress bar is colored blue as opposed to yellow. It starts at 0 and ends at 100 although we are not sure yet if there's a cap like on PC version. The Paragon levels take longer to acquire than regular levels and award you with 3% Magic Find and Gold Find per level along with new portrait icons every level or so. On the PC version they also gave you 3 main stat, 2 Vit and 1 of each in the other but NOT on the console version as Paragon levels on console version are account wide bonuses (getting early stats on new characters would be game breaking). This is compensated on consoles by just having better loot overall on the consoles, you can get like a 1500 DPS item while getting items with 85 all res when cap was 80.

Paragon leveling is just another set of levels you start acquiring AFTER you reach lvl60, the progress bar is colored blue as opposed to yellow. It starts at 0 and ends at 100 although we are not sure yet if there's a cap like on PC version. The Paragon levels take longer to acquire than regular levels and award you with 3% Magic Find and Gold Find per level along with new portrait icons every level or so. On the PC version they also gave you 3 main stat, 2 Vit and 1 of each in the other but NOT on the console version as Paragon levels on console version are account wide bonuses (getting early stats on new characters would be game breaking). This is compensated on consoles by just having better loot overall on the consoles, you can get like a 1500 DPS item while getting items with 85 all res when cap was 80.

Thanks for that mate. Guess I don't have to worry about it just yet!

Yoshichan

It's all Yoshi's fault. People see him get like 6 Legendaries per Act and then wonder why they aren't getting 6 Legendaries on Normal Act 1.
Bwahaha! Can't wait for my inferno legendaries :D! Gonna be able to play a lot in a couple of hours... Can't wait!

I have reached Level 16 and just reached the Warden boss but I am starting to find my Demon Hunter incredibly boring. All I do when I reach mobs of enemies is slow them down with both Chain Gang and Caltrops and just hold the right trigger to decimate them with either Rapid Fire or Chakrams. It is getting stale. There is no true sense of getting abilities that totally change my playing field because the combination I use now is the most effective thing there is. I feel like a coward, constantly laying traps and changing my position in the battlefield without getting hit once. I am seriously considering on switching to the monk or barbarian, but am afraid that the barbarian is too much of a Hulk character.

What do you guys recommend if you take my experience into consideration?

Into

Ok you do actually get stats with paragon levels, i just checked, was at 2603 strength, and my first paragon level and i was 2606. Barbs always get 3+ str for each Paragon level, i remember that on the PC

The buffs, gear etc are all the same, but the game does not "announce" you getting this, only says MF and GF gain.

Ok you do actually get stats with paragon levels, i just checked, was at 2603 strength, and my first paragon level and i was 2606

The buffs, gear etc are all the same, but the game does not "announce" you getting this, only says MF and GF gain.

Your stats increase as well, yes. Weird that it does not ''announce'' that though.

legbone

I have reached Level 16 and just reached the Warden boss but I am starting to find my Demon Hunter incredibly boring. All I do when I reach mobs of enemies is slow them down with both Chain Gang and Caltrops and just hold the right trigger to decimate them with either Rapid Fire or Chakrams. It is getting stale. There is no true sense of getting abilities that totally change my playing field because the combination I use now is the most effective thing there is. I feel like a coward, constantly laying traps and changing my position in the battlefield without getting hit once. I am seriously considering on switching to the monk or barbarian, but am afraid that the barbarian is too much of a Hulk character.

What do you guys recommend if you take my experience into consideration?

i too am playing a demon hunter. i just go to level 17 last night. i don't know what to tell you. that's my experience with the demon hunter also and i'm having a blast. i guess wait and see if the skills and passives that open up later help things. there is a grenade build you can make later that people say is awesome. but it takes a few more levels to open up fully. i don't know what else to say except switch to a different class but i'm not sure that will help. eventually these loot games level out and you just keep doing the same thing over and over. that's the nature of the beast. it's about the loot in the end. my buddy said he tried diablo III on pc and couldn't get into it. said it was way too repetitive. he missed the point i guess.

Into

Your stats increase as well, yes. Weird that it does not ''announce'' that though.

Indeed, it lead to some people believing you did not gain any stats

I still do not know why the max Neph Valor 3x, maybe its the difficulty? Ill try bumping it to hard Inferno see what happens.

Top Bottom