• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

Well, the console version is definitely the better version out there right now. I think I'll hold off until the PS4 version/expansion is released though, I'm still a bit sour over the way they handled the PC release.

Berrah

Neo Member
So i got 60 yesterday, and first hell diablo kill I get skorn at 1450dmg and socket... 230 dps At paragon level 8, barbarian.

How is it that all resistance seems so unnecessary now. I feel that the loot has improved up until inferno, but then it's just downhill with legendaries beating all rare drops...

Loginius

How is it that all resistance seems so unnecessary now. I feel that the loot has improved up until inferno, but then it's just downhill with legendaries beating all rare drops...

So youre problem is that legendarys are better than rares.
Did I get that right?

Idont see how all resistance is unnecessary. Its basically the same as in the pc version.
Only difference would be that elites only have up to 3 affixes so they wont constantly spam plagued etc.

rcl66

So those that pre-ordered and got the infernal helm, how long are you keeping it before equipping something else? Does the 25% xp outweigh yellow or gear with alot more armor. I know it's a subjective question just curious what people are doing.

Dahbomb

So i got 60 yesterday, and first hell diablo kill I get skorn at 1450dmg and socket... 230 dps At paragon level 8, barbarian.

That's how it's supposed to be.

Or do you want to go back to the days when Legendaries were worse than Yellows?

There is still room for Yellows though, stuff like the crafted Archon Gloves/Shoulders would still be near best in slot. An end game character in this game basically looks like he has a bunch of Legendaries, some Set pieces and a few Rares. That's perfectly acceptable in my book.

So those that pre-ordered and got the infernal helm, how long are you keeping it before equipping something else? Does the 25% xp outweigh yellow or gear with alot more armor. I know it's a subjective question just curious what people are doing.

It's not a very noticable difference, while i was co-op'ing at a friend's house we only used it for the first few acts. Eventually you'll find better helms (stat-wise) that also have a socket, you can just slot an %exp bonus gem in there and have the best of both worlds.

Dahbomb

Wow Inna's Temperance (the Monk set pants) now gives 2.0 Crit chance instead of 1.0 Crit chance!

Well not that it mattered because they were already the best pants in the game.

Sanctuary

Does anyone else who extensively played the PC version have a problem with the perspective of the console version? For regular enemies (most anyway) and bosses, I think it's fine. But for champs/uniques/rares that have a ranged attack, the perspective is just entirely too close. Often you will aggro the enemy before you can see it and they start lobbing ranged attacks at you.

It wasn't nearly that bad at all on PC. What makes it the worst though is that as a ranged class, you literally have to shoot, run back, shoot, strafe, shoot run back and pray a projectile is not in flight because you can't actually see what that enemy is doing more often than not. It feels like you have only 2/3 of the viewing distance on the console version, if that.

Also, any Demon Hunters wanna chime in on here for me? About what kind of damage should they be doing at around level 40? I have a friend who shows up as 1400, and that just seems a bit off to me. A lot of his armor does not have sockets, but still. My Wizard was doing at least 4k at that level, and now at 51 I'm doing 8k.

Many skills and abilities are actually crappy without any runes, there are builds that center around Explosive Blast. It takes time for it to detonate, so you have to really use yourself as some kind of ticking bomb for it to work properly.

The rune Short Fuse will make it instantly explode for physical damage, making it somewhat useful.

Its kinda fun, but takes too much micromanagement compared to other Wizard abilities so i usually stay away from EB

You will get Disintegrate at lvl 21 i believe, its basically this except from your hands:

On PC anyway, Living Bomb was the core damage dealer of one of the most popular Wizard builds at 60 where you basically Teleport, Frost Nova, Energy Twister and Living Bomb spam with Critical Mass. It's really not worth caring about until 60 though with gear that can support it. And yeah, Disintigrate is boss. The description doesn't tell you that it actually pierces multiple enemies. If it didn't, there's no real reason to use it over Ray of Frost. I'm currently using it with Chaos Nexus. I've tried the other runes, but CN just works the best for me, especially with life stealing. Many people pick the first rune over the others, but I'm not sure why. Chaos Nexus hits almost just as many in a straight line, but it can also shoot all around you at the same time, which is really awesome for taking out quick trash enemies as well as simply attacking from an angle and piercing that the first rune just can't match. Even at 44% weapon damage the extra beams rock.

Jedi2016

You acquire the keys as follows. You basically get max stacks of Nephalem Valor (on console that's 3 stacks) and then go find the Key Warden in those areas.
I'm wondering how this is going to work on console. Nephalem Glory seems to be a different thing than Nephalem Valor, and it's also time-limited.. once you get to full 3 stacks, you'll have about thirty seconds to find and kill one of the wardens. I'm guessing they're probably changing how this works.

It'll take me forever to find out.. I'm so slow at these because I'm still exploring everything and enjoying all the little story bits instead of just rushing through as fast as I can.

Right now I'm playing the monk, like my main on PC (which also never hit 60). I was initially thinking that I'd go for a similar playstyle, using all the same skills and such as I did on PC, but I'm suddenly finding Dashing Strike to be ridiculously good for movement on the console (it was next to worthless on PC), so I might end up rearranging things a bit. But now I need to decide which of my PC skills I'm going to drop.. lol.

Dahbomb

On console version you have BOTH Nephalem Glory and Nephalem Valor. You need 3 stacks of Valor to get the Keys and Organs... not 3 stacks of Glory.

And yea Dashing Strike seems to go a lot further now. Maybe it's the perspective but it still seems to go pretty far now.

Sanctuary

#37, 1H mace

I'm on #26. Just got a higher level version of Wildwood (same weapon I used twelve levels earlier). Using that allowed me to use an off hand weapon too, and it raised my total DPS by 1200 over what it currently was at level 51. Crappy thing is that the attack speed on it drains me super quick, so I had to adjust my skills to be...not quite what I'd like.

MrDaravon

HOLY SHIT

6854NMN.jpg

It takes my DPS from 27.8k to 60.6k. I'm still in Act 2 Hell.

Sanctuary

HOLY SHIT

6854NMN.jpg

I just wish items like that would drop that you could trade to other people that don't share the same stat. Seems like every single legendary item that drops is catered to your primary stat. I like it, yet don't like it at the same time.

Dahbomb

I just wish items like that would drop that you could trade to other people that don't share the same stat. Seems like every single legendary item that drops is catered to your primary stat. I like it, yet don't like it at the same time.
Why the hell would you want to trade a non-Dexterity cross bow? Or a better question is why would anyone even want a non-Dexterity bow?

And you can trade with same classes too. Or in most cases stuff like Wizard and WD gear match because they share core stat.

Akai XIII

I have played the PC version loads and I'm not having any problems with the perspective or it being more zoomed in.

I am having problems with exploding palm not always hitting enemies, which can be a real annoyance. 102k DPS, 5.5k armour and 50k HP, 350 AR, 6% LS... Master I is more than doable, a few problems with AOE enemies, but other than that my HP stays topped up nicely.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
Another man who played Sacred 2. I swear to fucking god I must be the only one on gaf who played the shit out of that game.Dryad=win.

I coop-ed the game all the way from bronze to niob with a buddy. Took me 203 hours and 113 levels with just my shadow warrior. he is beast though

V_Arnold

MrDaravon, my girlfriend found a bow with the same name on lv54, only with 1240 dps...
until I found her an upgrade even from there - 1290 dps, Bow of Ravens or whatever.

Both shoot with 1.6 attack speeds (or 1.7 with ravens), so...yeah, kinda amazing. 60k+ dps on hell...

.la1n

MrDaravon, my girlfriend found a bow with the same name on lv54, only with 1240 dps...
until I found her an upgrade even from there - 1290 dps, Bow of Ravens or whatever.

Both shoot with 1.6 attack speeds (or 1.7 with ravens), so...yeah, kinda amazing. 60k+ dps on hell...

Just snagged the bow of ravens at the tail end of act 2 nightmare. It's a nice bow. I may be pretty damn close to level 60 before I clear act IV of nightmare. I think I'm too OCD about hunting down every last enemy on the map.

Jedi2016

One of the things I'm curious about is comparing my PC self-found monk to my console monk when he gets to the same level (early Hell). I have a feeling the disparity will be pretty ridiculous.

HOLY SHIT

6854NMN.jpg

I raise you... my level 48 Dawn. (I gave away already)

bhszVVc.jpg

One thing that is painful is when you have all the legendaries in your stash, and you make an alt that uses INT or STR rather than DEX, there is literally 0 legendaries that is usable pretty much to twink.

MrDaravon

Even with that bow and up to 67k dps now, Master I on Hell is still a bitch and probably not quite worth it because while it's easy to get DPS upgrades (obviously), it's much harder to get similar crazy upgrades for your defense. It's easy to stack Vit (I have 54k HP) and I have 2k Armor, but with virtually no AR I'm still just getting 2 or 3-shotted by most Elites.

I raise you... my level 48 Dawn. (I gave away already)

bhszVVc.jpg

That level reduction makes it, pretty nuts.

At this point I wouldn't even want to speculate what potential endgame gear is for each class now, just because I don't think anyone has a complete picture of the possible stat rolls on all the Legendaries at 60 yet. Good times!

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
I had to restart as my PS3 died. Still trying to get a deathless run.
with my SW i died 3 times up to level 15 because i was an idiot.. then no deaths till the end. took me nearly 100 levels to get my survival bonus to 94%. Its getiing ridicoulusly slow once you hit 90% i think those last 4% took me 25 levels alone. I guess i have to play to the level cap to get it to 100%

crozier

I would triple dip if the PS4 version comes with the expansion.
I don't think them missing the PS4 launch window was coincidental. I expect to see that version timed with the expansion. And yes, I will be triple-dipping as well. I just hope they find a way to make the saves compatible between PS3 and PS4.

crozier

So what you guys do with ur legendaries when you don't need them anymore?
Stash'em, sell'em, salvage'em?
Save them unless they're class specific and I know I won't need em. I do hold onto a few of the nicer class ones to pass on to randoms I play with, though.

Jrmint

Welp, woke up this morning to start Nightmare, and now at 6pm I just started Hell. Can't believe how much fun I'm having with this after putting 3-400 hours into PC.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Diablo 3 has essentially rewritten my gaming schedule for the next year or so. I was initially planning on picking up a few current gen games (Blacklist, Arkham Origins, Kingdom Hearts 1.5) over the next few months and then snagging a PS4 with BF4 in November, but D3 has reignited my love of loot games and has created a burning desire within me to not only level up all the 5 classes in D3, but to go back to Borderlands 2 and finish leveling up all my characters there.

Man. Loot games are going to be the death of me.

MrDaravon

Welp, woke up this morning to start Nightmare, and now at 6pm I just started Hell. Can't believe how much fun I'm having with this after putting 3-400 hours into PC.

Yup. I think a big part of it as well is the fact that the console launch has essentially served as a ladder reset, which hasn't existed on the PC version.

Dahbomb

Pretty sure when someone gets to p100 and starts running Master V Legendaries will start appearing at a rate of one Legendary every 1-2 minutes.

I just wished they had scaled up the difficulties of the Masters to match ie.

Master I: MP6
Master II: MP8
Master III: MP10
Master IV: MP11
Master V: MP12

I coop-ed the game all the way from bronze to niob with a buddy. Took me 203 hours and 113 levels with just my shadow warrior. he is beast though

My SW is pretty beastly too. Running a full set of Didodorians tactical genius and 2 niob slotted +all skills swords.

Top Bottom