• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

zulfate

So fucking good! Im seeing legendarys that are fun to use that the pc version just doesnt have. Fuck ypu blizz because i know ill triple dip for the ps4

Seeing people get excited over loot in Diablo 3 is like fucking magic to me after the hours I put into the PC version. Should never have been an AH.

The AH isn't that big of a problem compared to the loot just being shit. The bad loot sells more on the RMAH, and then the bad loot also sells the PS3 double dip so you can get the game with the good loot.

If Blizzard needed no AH to keep their greed in check then I guess you're right, but I will say the lag on console is bad, PC is so much better here, and if the RMAH is what it took for them to support servers and the PC gets better loot later than I'm ok with it.

MrDaravon

I am genuinely annoyed that they still drop square gems on Inferno (this was fixed in the PC version a good while ago). I don't mind it from the perspective of them giving you more gem drops, especially since there's no AH on the console. However to turn them into flawless squares you have to have tomes that don't drop on Inferno, therefore making them practically useless. What the hell.

crozier

Master III is no joke. I can handle Inferno Normal without dying, but some of the harder difficulties are tough as nails. Without an auction house I kinda hope that a trade system flourishes somewhere online because gearing up is still going to be a problem (maybe, we'll see how much paragon leveling helps).

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I am genuinely annoyed that they still drop square gems on Inferno (this was fixed in the PC version a good while ago). I don't mind it from the perspective of them giving you more gem drops, especially since there's no AH on the console. However to turn them into flawless squares you have to have tomes that don't drop on Inferno, therefore making them practically useless. What the hell.

can't you make tomes?

EDIT: or, you mean the tome of secrets?

Dahbomb

Master III is no joke. I can handle Inferno Normal without dying, but some of the harder difficulties are tough as nails. Without an auction house I kinda hope that a trade system flourishes somewhere online because gearing up is still going to be a problem (maybe, we'll see how much paragon leveling helps).
Nah man the gear is good enough that you can self gear for Master III. Pretty much everyone who is P20 now can handle Master III.

BTW people are using hacked/bugged characters now. Just saw a guy with 3 million DPS on a Barb ROFL!

Near the end of Act II. My wizard set up so far:

Spectral Blade (with bleed)
Disintegrate
Frost Nova (with quicker cool down)
Hydra (might swap with Wave of Force plus Force affinity)
Frost shield (with slowdown. Might swap out with Storm Armor)
Explosive Blast
Glass Cannon
Prodigy

Since the Wizard has really low defense/vitality anyway, I've been focusing on giving her as much DPS as possible, while trying to keep her on the move. It's so satisfying watching her slice-and-dice anything that moves.

Karak

Just finished an 11 hour repose with 4 other folks in some couch co-op. I have to say the game holds up even after so many hours I had already played. Brilliant fun.

biaxident

Hey finally got into gaf after about a year of browsing, been waiting on that email, good to be here. Been following this thread as I just got my barb finished with act 2 normal. Only seen 2 legendaries so far, started on hard, then went to easy since you level much faster. Does hard increase drops at all? No bonus magic find or anything in the character tab so I figured it was just the difficulty and no added bonuses. Only seeing 2 legendary drops after reading people got 10+ by now is a bit discouraging, but the loot is still very good, crafting an at level weapon is what i've been doing for big DPS upgrades. Really like how stats on weapons are great, compared to PC.

Currently just using a build that where I only use cleave and Rend (on elites only), easy is so incredibly easy, but seems fastest to level with Infernal helm on. Hard was fun, but quite a few deaths, and once I realized no bonus XP like MP levels on PC, figured i'd switch.

Dahbomb

People got 10 Legendaries for the whole of Normal mode. There is no one who got 10 Legendaries in Act 1 Normal.

Bonus XP from high difficulties starts at Master I.

BFIB

Holy shit. On the PC I was a loot hoarder since good drops were very few. On the console I'm making it rain.

Just started playing this. Never really played on PC or MAC, and haven't played/enjoyed one of these since Baldur's Gate/BG: Dark Alliance. After two years of friends telling me that this game would play like shit on consoles and that it could NEVER work, I am having a complete BLAST playing this on Xbox 360. This is easily the most fun I've had from this type of game since BG: DA or that Everquest game on PS2. Blizzard knocked it out of the park.

biaxident

People got 10 Legendaries for the whole of Normal mode. There is no one who got 10 Legendaries in Act 1 Normal.

Bonus XP from high difficulties starts at Master I.

Oh ok, so i'm not doing too bad on the legendary department, we'll see how the next few hours of gameplay go then. Is it worth it to level on Master I at all?

Sanctuary

Haha, holy shit. I just had three ridiculous legendaries drop in under ten minutes.
First a belt with lots of INT and 20% MF, then the higher level version of the Bakkan Caster (576 dmg bow) to replace the one in my inventory from level 12, and then just now a The Ancient Bone Saber of Zumakalis (617 DPS 1h weapon with life steal and 1.76 attacks per second). I was needing a weapon that could actually take advantage of Living Lightning and now I have it.

Returners

I played through Hardcore today.

1st legendary at Level 13, have about 12 legendaries drops till level 34 now. But there are repeats....

Near the end of Act II. My wizard set up so far:

Spectral Blade (with bleed)
Disintegrate
Frost Nova (with quicker cool down)
Hydra (might swap with Wave of Force plus Force affinity)
Frost shield (with slowdown. Might swap out with Storm Armor)
Explosive Blast
Glass Cannon
Prodigy

Since the Wizard has really low defense/vitality anyway, I've been focusing on giving her as much DPS as possible, while trying to keep her on the move. It's so satisfying watching her slice-and-dice anything that moves.

What level? Im in 20 and i think im at a similar level to you.

I use the storm armour as its great. I use Frost Nova (Cooldown) into Explosive Blast into Wave of Force with (Stun)

Following this, i use Electrocute which fills my Arcane power back while im waiting for cooldowns.

This build is great for crowd control and allows you to get nice and close to do some serious damage before moving out to refill your meter.

Sanctuary

Jesus Christ, another legendary. That's four in about thirty minutes.
First person to PM me gets a:
lvl 52
519 DPS dagger
218 INT
9% attack speed
1.5% crit
2.9% damage converted to life

Aaaannnnd...another legendary quiver just dropped...

molnizzle

It doesn't make a difference if you are on Easy or Hard. The bonuses only apply starting at Master I.

Wait, so does Hard difficulty not offer more XP per kill than Medium? If not then I'm switching back and steamrolling the rest of the game with 3 alts trailing behind me at all times!

Kemal86

Guy joined my game earlier while I was in the Caldeum sewers. He quits out after less than a minute, never even came down to the sewer.

About 20 minutes later I head back to camp. There are 20 fucking legendaries on the ground and I shit my pants.

The twist?

THEY WERE ALL GAAAAARBAGE.

Random stranger is master troll.

Fjordson

What are ideal weapons for monks? Been only concerned with dual wielding one handers so far, but I guess a good 2H would be fine also.

Raide

What are ideal weapons for monks? Been only concerned with dual wielding one handers so far, but I guess a good 2H would be fine also.

Try them all and see what suits. Sometimes 2-handers are really effective. Sometimes its 1-hander+shield. Kinda depends on what you play like and what skills you tend to use more often.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What's best for WW? 2H? Dual wield?

Level 11 demon Hunter, just copped a legendary bow..loving it..

I now realize that the dozens of games that I'd played on consoles in this style have all been extremely subpar. I found myself losing interest in all the others after the first level, or fighting boredom to complete the story..but with this game..I have no idea how Blizzard does it, but this is the most satisfying combat in a hacky slashy I've ever experienced. Sleep will have to wait awhile, I've got more loot'n and shoot'n to do.

Raide

Level 11 demon Hunter, just copped a legendary bow..loving it..

I now realize that the dozens of games that I'd played on consoles in this style have all been extremely subpar. I found myself losing interest in all the others after the first level, or fighting boredom to complete the story..but with this game..I have no idea how Blizzard does it, but this is the most satisfying combat in a hacky slashy I've ever experienced. Sleep will have to wait awhile, I've got more loot'n and shoot'n to do.

It is kinda funny how many games have tried to be Diablo and they never manage it. Funnier still that Blizzard has pretty much ignored consoles for years! Hopefully this means a PS4/Xbox One version of D3+Expansion pack will appear sooner than later.

V_Arnold

Oh, I just found a good old friend... in a steroid-ridden form. :p

Echoing Fury, 280 dex, 1250 dps, black damage, 2,8% life steal, AND a socket.

Bam.

V_Arnold

If there is one thing that kinda worries me about the endgame of D3 consoles (which, while still being leagues ahead of the likes of Torchlight II, for example, seem to break down after a while) is the INSANE amount of hp regen and and life that characters will have.

I am having 83k hp in half-hell gear, and a HUGE amount of life regen/life steal already. It is actually closer to the Diablo II-like lifesteal levels than to the PC's D3 lifesteal values. How much will we have in the best of the best gear? 200k hp, 15-20% lifesteal, 8-10k lfie per sec?

Just to clear things up:

Easy = Monster Power 0
Medium = Monster Power 2
Hard = Monster Power 4
Master I = Monster Power 6
Master II = Monster Power 7
Master III = Monster Power 8
Master IV = Monster Power 9
Master V = Monster Power 10

Difficulties:

Difficulty Recommended Levels
Normal 1 to 30
Nightmare 31 to 50
Hell 50 (mandatory) to 60
Inferno 60 (mandatory)

I just want to know, i am playing on Normal. Where do you get to choose the different Master levels and what does that do to the game? what rewards do you get? None of this is really well explained in the game or manual.

It is kinda funny how many games have tried to be Diablo and they never manage it. Funnier still that Blizzard has pretty much ignored consoles for years! Hopefully this means a PS4/Xbox One version of D3+Expansion pack will appear sooner than later.
I'm so going to double dip -__-
Just to clear things up:

Easy = Monster Power 0
Medium = Monster Power 2
Hard = Monster Power 4

Difficulties:

Normal 1 to 30
Nightmare 31 to 50
Inferno 60 (mandatory)

I just want to know, i am playing on Normal. Where do you get to choose the different Master levels and what does that do to the game? what rewards do you get? None of this is really well explained in the game or manual.
This game doesn't come with a manual!

I'm so going to double dip -__-

This game doesn't come with a manual!

Mine did. But it was SHIT.

Everyone is talking about master levels and monster power and paragon and stuff like its the easiest shit in the world - it really isnt explained well.

im level 20 on normal, i guess i just finish the game on normal first - then you do nightmare and choose some other levels.

Raxious

Just to clear things up:

Easy = Monster Power 0
Medium = Monster Power 2
Hard = Monster Power 4

Difficulties:

Normal 1 to 30
Nightmare 31 to 50
Inferno 60 (mandatory)

Are you sure about Easy, Medium and Hard?
Blizzard already stated that those do NOT give you more exp / higher droprates.

Mine did. But it was SHIT.

Everyone is talking about master levels and monster power and paragon and stuff like its the easiest shit in the world - it really isnt explained well.

im level 20 on normal, i guess i just finish the game on normal first - then you do nightmare and choose some other levels.
I got feces as well, definitely not what I'd call a manual.
A lot of the folks in this thread are coming off PC, those things we aren't supposed to know, but, the pc crowd dissected it way back when it came out on there first.. I'm just ignoring all that and perfecting my character till someone breaks it down..now , I'm level 14 and just got my second legendary..that'll do Demon Hunter, that'll do.

Sanctuary

They don't, and the in game UI reflects it.
Just killed Diablo in Hell, and left with 70k DPS and a Cindercoat (guess he drops it as a consolation prize for everyone).

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Guy joined my game earlier while I was in the Caldeum sewers. He quits out after less than a minute, never even came down to the sewer.

About 20 minutes later I head back to camp. There are 20 fucking legendaries on the ground and I shit my pants.

The twist?

THEY WERE ALL GAAAAARBAGE.

Random stranger is master troll.

Should have grabbed them all and either salvage or sell them

No legendary are crap =p

kvn

Just to clear things up:

Easy = Monster Power 0
Medium = Monster Power 2
Hard = Monster Power 4

Difficulties:

Normal 1 to 30
Nightmare 31 to 50
Inferno 60 (mandatory)

Nobody can explain this?

Lol why am I playing on Hard again?

Top Bottom