• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

V_Arnold

Some interesting bits:
-Amulet of Int/Dex/Whatever costs 5(!) demonic essences to make, and 5 brimstones. Wonder how well it rolls.
-Key of Hate/Terror/HIDDEN FOOTPRINTS drops one per mob, in local coop. Which means...if it drops, it is not double the chance like with online coop. Sadface :(
-Same with demonic essences as well, but they are soulbound the moment they hit the floor. One per pack max, goes to one or another player.

Which means...it is VERY suboptimal to run a 4-player local coop. ONE demonic per group and max one key per warden for 4 players is baaad.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
Well, I've never been into Diablo, but this thread got me hyped. I started on hard and was getting wrecked! After about two hours, I was almost to the point of giving up and starting on normal. Then I raised a level, got some new skills, and got a sweet ice sword. Now I'm wrecking shit and having a blast. Game is sooo good!

ShogunX

Making slow progress due to waiting for a friend (killed the Skeleton King on Hard last night took forever) Bored of waiting so now have four different classes each at level 13. Least favourite has to be the Barbarian which is strange as I usually choose the hack and slash type when playing dungeon crawlers.

Just joined a guy to help out on the Skeleton King on Master II - Guy (Wizard) kept dying and I had to Benny Hill around to wait for him to respawn - Anyway with about 10% health to go he respawns at town and leaves me in the shit, The King kills me with about 2% health left. Gutted. Why Bail?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
good news

Below you'll find a list of hotfixes for the month of September which address various gameplay and service issues affecting Diablo III on console.

Hotfixes are updates we make on our end without requiring you to download a new patch. Some hotfixes will go live the moment they are implemented, while others may require a restart to go into effect. As always, please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a patch (Sony) or title update (Microsoft).

SEPTEMBER 9:

Bug Fixes
Fixed an issue that caused specific set bonuses on the following four item sets to permanently modify a hero’s core stats (STR, DEX, INT, or VIT) each time they were equipped and the hero was loaded into the game:
Blackthorne's Armor
Endless Path
Guardian's Contingency
Zunimassa's Whispers

Please note that this hotfix will only prevent new occurrences of the bug. In order to correct core stats on heroes who were affected by this bug prior to the hotfix going live, we will need to provide a separate patch (for PS3 users) and title update (for Xbox 360 users). We're currently hoping to deploy this patch/title update by the end of the month, and will provide another update once it's live.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9882388986#1

V_Arnold

Magic Find is irrelevant on the console version.

You get Magic Find bonuses for each Paragon level. Not only that but you get plenty of Legendaries and you will continue to find upgrades all the up to Paragon 20-30 by which time you would probably be geared for Master IV/V. Magic Find also has a cap from gear/Paragon level so at 100 Paragon level you reach cap Magic Find and the magic find from your gear is worthless.

Since Paragon levels up slower this time, I would say the opposite. Having around ~100% MF on gear so far, puts me around 213% MF with coop bonus and Master I. It will be a LONG time since MF becomes irrelevant.

Besides, upping MP on PC also increases your potential max MF, it is around 500% on MP6. I have 180% from Paragon, ~100-110% from gear, and add Nephalem valor plus MP bonus to it, and it stops at 450-470% on PC. The 300 softcap only renders people's MF irrelavent who do not play on anything higher than MP0, and do not do coop either.

(Edit: scratch that, my math is a bit off. I only have 20% mf on my gear now, and sit on 250% mf while having 3 stacks of NV. Hm. Weird. That MP6 bonus is bigger on Inferno difficulty than previously stated, so yeah, MF is not that important now, unless one wants to gring gear first at MP0.)

Silav101

I got this same exactly weapon, stats and everything, last night on Hell Act 3 lol.

I am rather looking forward to seeing first Inferno level legendary drop. I went from 23k dps (lol, in act 2 hell, wut) to 46.5k dps, so it should be quite amusing, I hope.

For the record my wizard main on PC version is at 190k dps, so it'll take a while.

How so? If you decide to buy a game on a promise of a not-released expansion, that is not a good decision to make in the first place.

The majority of the buyers probably don't even know that an expansion is coming, but once it does come out and suddenly they're the only platform that it doesn't get released for people are going to be angry.

I can't recall any precedent for such a thing though, have there ever been any expansion pack releases that excluded certain platforms?

V_Arnold

The majority of the buyers probably don't even know that an expansion is coming, but once it does come out and suddenly they're the only platform that it doesn't get released for people are going to be angry.

I can't recall any precedent for such a thing though, have there ever been any expansion pack releases that excluded certain platforms?

Every single Blizzard game on consoles, for example. (StarCraft 64, Diablo PS)
Blizz also stated already that they currently built RoS only for PC. It might come one year after, or something like that, but they will definitely not bring it over as a priority.

Besides, creating the superior version of D3 for whatever amount of time it will stay that way should be enough for a $60 purchase, imho. :D

Dahbomb

Since Paragon levels up slower this time, I would say the opposite. Having around ~100% MF on gear so far, puts me around 213% MF with coop bonus and Master I. It will be a LONG time since MF becomes irrelevant.

Besides, upping MP on PC also increases your potential max MF, it is around 500% on MP6. I have 180% from Paragon, ~100-110% from gear, and add Nephalem valor plus MP bonus to it, and it stops at 450-470% on PC. The 300 softcap only renders people's MF irrelavent who do not play on anything higher than MP0, and do not do coop either.
Why the hell do you even need Magic Find on console version to begin with? The whole point of having MF on PC was to get Legendaries, on console version they drop frequently with better quality. It negates the need for having MF especially when people are able to get self geared for Master V by the time they reach P30.

I would much rather have the best possible stats and play on one higher difficulty than have a MF gear but play on lesser difficulty on console version. This also allows me to level up faster.

Dahbomb

Actually I meant to say best 1H Legendary for a Monk. It can roll CD for a Monk with a Socket, LS and Dexterity come native on that Legendary. I have seen almost 1600 DPS on that weapon.

V_Arnold

Why the hell do you even need Magic Find on console version to begin with? The whole point of having MF on PC was to get Legendaries, on console version they drop frequently with better quality. It negates the need for having MF especially when people are able to get self geared for Master V by the time they reach P30.

I would much rather have the best possible stats and play on one higher difficulty than have a MF gear but play on lesser difficulty on console version. This also allows me to level up faster.

Legendaries are more frequent, which means that they will drop EVEN more with the more MF you have. In PC Version, because of the very low chance (0,1% maybe? Something similar to that), the breakpoint for "frequently" seeing legendaries is around ~400% MF. (MP5+). In console version, I can imagine that breaking point being considerably lower - something like 250% DRASTICALLY buffing legendary amounts even further. Besides, we can argue about this, but at the end of the day.... it is self found/trade. I will not turn down items with MF and will put MF piece on helms slots until I have sufficient gear for Master II/III, cause it is worth it.

It is a not a perfect world where I need to trade my attack stats for the same item with MF :p

Actually I meant to say best 1H Legendary for a Monk. It can roll CD for a Monk with a Socket, LS and Dexterity come native on that Legendary. I have seen almost 1600 DPS on that weapon.

Jesus, I need one RIGHT NOW!

Silav101

Those were back in the days when you had to re-issue whole new discs, and game of the year editions with all expansions were the exception, not the norm.

Now that it's trivial to release it as a downloadable, the barrier for releasing the expansion on other platforms should be lower, methinks.

There is also something to be said for the idea that Blizz could wait for a next-gen console release with D3: Reaper of Souls edition.

Silav101

drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
How long would you guys guess the PS4 version will take to come after the launch?

Still debating on if I should just wait until then.

Blizz also stated already that they currently built RoS only for PC. It might come one year after, or something like that, but they will definitely not bring it over as a priority.

Besides, creating the superior version of D3 for whatever amount of time it will stay that way should be enough for a $60 purchase, imho. :D

Aah, I wasn't aware that they had already stated that. I was thinking that it'd be released for every console but the 360, rather than on none of the consoles.

Dahbomb

Legendaries are more frequent, which means that they will drop EVEN more with the more MF you have. In PC Version, because of the very low chance (0,1% maybe? Something similar to that), the breakpoint for "frequently" seeing legendaries is around ~400% MF. (MP5+). In console version, I can imagine that breaking point being considerably lower - something like 250% DRASTICALLY buffing legendary amounts even further. Besides, we can argue about this, but at the end of the day.... it is self found/trade. I will not turn down items with MF and will put MF piece on helms slots until I have sufficient gear for Master II/III, cause it is worth it.

It is a not a perfect world where I need to trade my attack stats for the same item with MF :p
You are going to be geared for Master III by the time you reach P20 with or without MF. I can guarantee it.

Its all a matter of what you want the MF for. If your goal is to get geared for Master III, then I can assure you that is possible without MF at a decent time.

turnbuckle

How long would you guys guess the PS4 version will take to come after the launch?

Still debating on if I should just wait until then.

I think your guess is as good as ours. Could be early on to take advantage of launch window hype, could be set until next Spring during a lull in releases, could be next fall to separate it from the PS3/360 release, could be after the expansion comes out so as to not cannibalize PC sales should the expansion's release be before Christmas 2014.

But I'm just throwing up random guesses; for me, the sooner the better. I don't want to triple dip lol

Dahbomb

Just for perspective, there's a guy who is rushing to P100 with a Barb on console (I will link to his stream when he's online). He is P36 right now. His Strength is over 5000, DPS around 400K, around 70K health. He has high crit chance and crit damage, has life steal. He is using a Bulkathos set weapon (one that gives you cri damage native) and I think either the Bonesaber or Butcher Sickle.. which has absurd DPS. He has had an upgrade to his Andy's Helm 3 times already.

And even at those stats he usually gets an upgrade. He is not running any MF either, that's just how console loot is. He runs Master III but can do Master V, it just takes him longer. The funny part is that his gems aren't even that high quality. By the time he reaches P50 he will probably have 500K DPS.

V_Arnold

You are going to be geared for Master III by the time you reach P20 with or without MF. I can guarantee it.

Its all a matter of what you want the MF for. If your goal is to get geared for Master III, then I can assure you that is possible without MF at a decent time.

We shall see. As I said: I will not actively "seek" MF, but the more I have, the better! :D

Loginius

Hm... I have only found one single legendary all the way from hell act 3 - competing inferno on master 1 to farming fields of missery and halls of agony in master 3 two times.

Either my game is broken or I have absolutely zero luck today.

Well, at least the rares I found had incredible stats so it doesnt really matter anyway.

Sanctuary

You get +150% MF just for Master 1 in Inferno. So for the most part, it's irrelevant. Especially considering I had almost 45 legendaries drop on my way to level 60 with just 60% MF. It's still just RNG, and you're better off with higher stats starting at Master 1. Paragon levels might be slower, but I don't know how fast they were on PC (stopped long before that was implemented). I gained my first Paragon level in about an hour.

MrDaravon

Ahhhh so for the most part, when you go back to town, do you drop off all your gems to the stash? Yeah that would help!

Yeah, although once I hit Inferno I usually just keep the flawless squares on me since they stack high (not sure how high on console, but 100 on PC) and you're getting them so frequently it's almost pointless to stash them. On console regular square gems still drop on Inferno (which I'm still pissed about) so that adds a wrinkle there.

As far as the craftable stuff except for Demonic Essences which drop from enemies, everything else would only be in there from you salvaging it at a vendor/blacksmith which is probably right next to your stash anyway. So a good method would be to go back to town, repair your stuff, sell/salvage whatever you're going to do, then just hop over to your stash real quick and dump everything. It's mildly annoying on console (not a fan of some of the inventory screens) but it still only takes just a couple of seconds once you have it down.

Number45

My worry was if there's no XBone version, than would Blizzard support a older console like the 360 for Reaper of Souls?
I can't believe for a moment that there won't be an Xbone version - the deal with Sony would have been to not talk about it (otherwise there would have been fanfares aplenty from them).

My guess is March.
I hope that's right. Long enough away so that I feel less guilty about triple dipping, if it hits with the expansion (even if it's DLC) then all the better.

Yeah, although once I hit Inferno I usually just keep the flawless squares on me since they stack high (not sure how high on console, but 100 on PC) and you're getting them so frequently it's almost pointless to stash them. On console regular square gems still drop on Inferno (which I'm still pissed about) so that adds a wrinkle there.

As far as the craftable stuff except for Demonic Essences which drop from enemies, everything else would only be in there from you salvaging it at a vendor/blacksmith which is probably right next to your stash anyway. So a good method would be to go back to town, repair your stuff, sell/salvage whatever you're going to do, then just hop over to your stash real quick and dump everything. It's mildly annoying on console (not a fan of some of the inventory screens) but it still only takes just a couple of seconds once you have it down.

Gotcha! Thank you!

Stainless

really wanna play but holding out for ps4 version. but then i'll be playing killzone and battlefield...hmmm...so maybe I should... but then the ps4 version will probably look and play better anyway and optimization for the touchpad intrigues me too....but you guys are obviously having a lot of fun with it and it's killing me and seems silly to hold out...but then again I'm about to buy puppeteer and rayman legends which should keep me busy for a while...but then again... lol

(does anyone else have these conversations with theirself? please say yes, lol)

Stainless

I still can't figure out why all advertising seems to be aimed at the PS3. Maybe this explains it?

Yeah just saw commercial for the console version for the first time a little while ago during football game and it did only show the PS3 case at the end.

MrDaravon

Does anyone know how high the stash gets on this version? The Stash upgrades are getting expensive, but I kinda just want to get that out of the way.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
No decision at all! Making a new character is always fun, it is an insanely fast process in D3.

Therefore, you can have your fun NOW or half a year later. That is about it.

;__;

IvorB

I was having a hell of a time with dying in new areas as a barb. Since switching to easy I must saying it seems way too easy.

Eviscerating mobs is always fun in Diablo. Besides most people just want to power through the lower difficulties fast to get to Inferno as soon as possible.

It's got to have some bite to it I reckon. Nothing better than being on the move and running into a heavy mob that shows you the light :).

crozier

One thing that is kind of annoying me:

Why do you have to get TWO of each class to 60 for the challenge requirement? A minor quibble, but it stills irks me. At least it's not a trophy I suppose.

Top Bottom