• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

IvorB

Yes it's scaled up. Not by a lot so playing in groups is the best way to play the game if you are all semi coordinated.

Thanks for the info. I like the way the difficulty is pitched now. Wouldn't want it to get any easier with a third joining. No more Diablo until next weekend... *sigh*

Dahbomb

One thing that is kind of annoying me:

Why do you have to get TWO of each class to 60 for the challenge requirement? A minor quibble, but it stills irks me. At least it's not a trophy I suppose.
There's a male and female version of each class so I am assuming they just want you to see all the armor classes in the game. Also the 2nd lvl60 can be used for the Hardcore challenges.

Loginius

Ok, I give up for today, 3 more runs and I didnt get one single legendary.
Didnt even get the keys this time around (at least those were droping before) all that at m3.

Just not my lucky day I guess.

Moofers

Just wanted to say I'm sooo glad I got this on PS3 and didn't wait for the PS4 version like I originally planned! I'm having so much fun with it. It looks good, runs smooth, and the co-op is super easy to set up with friends and randoms. I've had such a blast with it so far. I am super satisfied with my purchase.

PSN: Unoillnino if anyone wants to join me!

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Just wanted to say I'm sooo glad I got this on PS3 and didn't wait for the PS4 version like I originally planned! I'm having so much fun with it. It looks good, runs smooth, and the co-op is super easy to set up with friends and randoms. I've had such a blast with it so far. I am super satisfied with my purchase.

PSN: Unoillnino if anyone wants to join me!

Stop tempting me to pick it up now!

;_;

molnizzle

I'm not expecting the PS4 version until Reaper of Souls is released, and I'm not expecting Reaper of Souls to be released for PS360 at all. It'll be a next-gen exclusive. Hopefully day and date with the PC version. A guy can dream, eh?

Hopefully they go back to always online too, or at least separate online characters from offline. I've been running into hacked characters much more frequently today. It probably won't be long before pugging is completely impossible. :-(

molnizzle

Will we be able to save transfer to the ps4/xbox one?

They haven't said one way or the other, but I really hope not. I'd be incredibly surprised if they let you, honestly. Then again, I'm incredibly surprised that they shipped the game like this at all. I really wish they'd have segregated online characters from offline characters like they did with D2.

I'm secretly hoping that the PS4 version actually syncs with B.net and brings PS4 and PC players together in the same game. I have no reason to believe that will be the case, aside from the incredibly negative reputation that D3's endgame on PS360 is about to have in a few weeks/months. The rampant duping and save file editing really ruins the feeling of accomplishment you get for making it out of a tough situation or getting an epic piece of loot.

Loginius

They haven't said one way or the other, but I really hope not. I'd be incredibly surprised if they let you, honestly. Then again, I'm incredibly surprised that they shipped the game like this at all. I really wish they'd have segregated online characters from offline characters like they did with D2.

I'm secretly hoping that the PS4 version actually syncs with B.net and brings PS4 and PC players together in the same game. I have no reason to believe that will be the case, aside from the incredibly negative reputation that D3's endgame on PS360 is about to have in a few weeks/months. The rampant duping and save file editing really ruins the feeling of accomplishment you get for making it out of a tough situation or getting an epic piece of loot.

Other people cheating doesnt ruin my fun at all, messed up loot becauso of ah does.
I play with some friends that dont cheat, problem solved.

Jedi2016

Last they said is that they were "Looking into" transferring PS3 saves to PS4.

They still haven't even acknowledged the Xbox One, could actually be exclusive.
That's okay, I haven't acknowledged the Xbox One either LULZ.

Anyway... I see no reason why they wouldn't bring the expac to the consoles as well (all of them). I think there's even a slight chance they could announce the expac will release across all platforms at the same time. I've always thought it was a bad idea to announce the expac right when the console versions were launching.

molnizzle

Other people cheating doesnt ruin my fun at all

Must be nice. I can't fully enjoy a loot-driven game like D3 when I know that the loot I'm getting is actually worthless. The excitement you feel from finding something rare (or even exclusive, in some cases) is what Diablo's endgame is all about.

messed up loot becauso of ah does

Totally. I have high hopes for Loot 2.0 and RoS though.

Seik

Banned
Waiting for three friends for our first Diablo 3 sunday. Chips and pizza on the menu.

tumblr_mkvknou8Wc1r0jlbgo1_400.gif

Makes me feel like when I was ending at junior high playing Gauntlet Legends on the N64 with three friends at the end of each days during the exam sessions. Good feels.

Except this time it's only once a week, because, well, we're all older farts now. :lol

smr00

Banned
Do you guys think Reaper of Souls won't come out for 360?
With the new consoles coming in 2 months? Doubt it.

I think they will wait and release both D3 and the Expansion at the same time on PS4/XBONE and call it the complete experience, GOTY or Reaper of Souls edition or something.

Gorillaz

That'd be a pretty big middlefinger from Blizzard to anyone who decided to buy D3 on it, so I doubt it.

It wouldn't be the first time a console got cut out on expansion packs and DLC

The start of Act 4 is amazing tho. I wish blizzard would open up a bit more on the cinematic side. As movies and films, other then WoW

I think the drop system is pretty well tuned now. You get frequent upgrades up into inferno, then it starts to taper off. Getting the really high end stuff is still going to take lots of runs

Sanctuary

What's the fastest way to get Tomes of Jewelcrafting aside from smithing them yourself? I am short on pages, and I have zero desire to go farm random areas in the lower difficulties for hours to get what I need. I need either Tomes to drop, or Flawless Square version of the Ruby and Topaz to drop since I have plenty of Tomes of Secrets. Up to 149k DPS and I can probably break 152k - 155k with optimized gems.

Also, I just had the strangest bug happen. A set chest dropped, and I was like "Omg, omg, cool!". But when I looked in my inventory nothing was there after picking it up. I thought, that maybe it wasn't actually a chest, so I looked through every item slot as well as the plans and nothing was showing up. I know I didn't imagine it, and in my inventory it kept showing a star icon on my chest slot (new). But the only thing that was new that showed up was some junky blue chest. After scrapping the blue chest, the star persisted, so I thought it had to be an inventory/cache bug. After restarting it appeared...and gave me the Tal's chest to go along with the amulet.

MrDaravon

What's the fastest way to get Tomes of Jewelcrafting aside from smithing them yourself? I am short on pages, and I have zero desire to go farm random areas in the lower difficulties for hours to get what I need. I need either Tomes to drop, or Flawless Square version of the Ruby and Topaz to drop since I have plenty of Tomes of Secrets. Up to 149k DPS and I can probably break 152k - 155k with optimized gems.

There's not. This is why I'm upset that square gems drop at all to begin with on Inferno (they don't anymore on PC), because the tomes you need to actually do anything with them DON'T drop in Inferno, making them practically useless and taking up potential drops on the flawless squares.

Sanctuary

There's not. This is why I'm upset that square gems drop at all to begin with on Inferno (they don't anymore on PC), because the tomes you need to actually do anything with them DON'T drop in Inferno, making them practically useless and taking up potential drops on the flawless squares.

Oh god, that's annoying. Any idea what act and difficulty would be the best for pages then? Obviously normal, but I have no idea where, or if MF affects their droprate.

Kemal86

Got some insane level 60 ice climbers from Hell Diablo...but still half a bar from 60. Quick break, another run through Act 4 Hard, then onwards to Inferno!

ironcreed

Banned
Hit level 23 and finally more legendary items are coming my way. I am especially in love with my new Demon Machine crossbow. It is straight up deadly... for my level anyway.

OK, I made it to Inferno (been playing all weekend!).

So what is the end goal? Once I beat Inferno, what happens next? Is the goal to beat Inferno on the maximum difficulty?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
It is 1:30am and I am just now leaving the office after spending pretty much my entire weekend imprisoned at my desk. You best believe I am going to go home now and spend the next few hours facemelting demons.

The hilarious thing is I have a 9am meeting in the morning.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I miss this game, and it's only been like 16 hours :(...

Cool Diablo 3 story:

Im a level 25 wizard - im in Act 3 on the rooftop of the castle. I have this legendary axe where a big bastard ghost appears and beats the crap out of people whenever i use it.

so anyway - a huge onslaught of enemies comes towards me - massive dudes coming all round - my templar is down so its just me. Three big dudes are leading the charge surrounded by countless little dudes. Im using Disintegrate to try and take them out and its almost working but there are too many of them.

Im running out of Mana fast and i cant reach any health globes (which rejuvinates both for me) because im blocked off by the huge amounts of enemies.

Anyway, back to the wall...i know im about to die - the screen starts flashing red but ive ALMOST taken them all out...but im running out of mana (I had already used a potion so it was on cool down)!

Just as i take out the last guy in front of me im almost dead when this one dude comes out of nowhere from behind me and is about to kill me with the final blow. Just as that happens, my bad ass bastard ghost dude with the axe materialises out of nowhere, growls and POUNDS this dude - absolutely destroying him. It was so damn cool because without him i would have died lol.

BigDug13

I'm playing a WD and decided to try out ML1 just to mess around. Wow, pet classes seem to be at a big disadvantage here. I felt like any WD pet I summoned was killed in seconds. I guess classes that are not designed around summonable meat shields fare better?

Fun story.

You know where I said that I wanted to try something else instead of a ranged class? I tried for an hour, but immediately made a new Wizard after that and I am enjoying the hell out of this one. I enjoy it even more than the DH because they have a myriad of skills that actually work, especially the Ice Armor that unlocks at Level 15.

I just defeated The Butcher so I am going towards Act 2 for the very first time tonight. Looking forward to that.

Top Bottom