• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

IvorB

:p

More seriously I always play melee, the funny thing is, in BG:DA i picked up the ranger and played him as a melee character, which was loads of fun and not really intended by the devs :p

Yeah my co-op buddy is playing monk and that looks like a real blast. Gonna try that for sure soon. But I think my main will remain wizard. I just love making the screen explode with sh*t. :)

Don't blame you playing the human as melee in BG:DA. The only other option for that was the dwarf. I struggle to take dwarf characters seriously.

Arjen

This should be on the OP:

o6l8ORv.png

Thanks.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That was fast.
I may not be playing (impossible these past days) but I'm checking this thread all the time :3

question for my wizzbang:
meteor or blizzard?

and what runes?

Neither. Hydra with Arcane power orbs - fantastic for choke points and for entering a room before you do. Great for retreats as well. Put the Hydra in a hallway then stand behind them and use disintegrate and melt everything. F/U with electrocute to recharge arcane power.

Ushae

Banned
Man I cannot wait to play this on next gen platforms. I sunk a lot of hours into my Monk on PC, but the AH systtem ruined immersion and any kind of co-op action.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
I decided to bail on my level 14 barbarian (Normal-Hard) and start a new game with a wizard and the permadeath option enabled. Tears will be shed when I inevitably get taken out by a boss in one hit -Mwuhah. The game feels better to me with a risk of death there. I'm glad Blizzard kept it in there for the console version.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
Neither. Hydra with Arcane power orbs - fantastic for choke points and for entering a room before you do. Great for retreats as well. Put the Hydra in a hallway then stand behind them and use disintegrate and melt everything. F/U with electrocute to recharge arcane power.

alright. I found the AoE damage of the blizzard kinda cool.
i will try hydra then

Yo, you're busting my vanity search here baby.
haha, sorry dude :D

alright. I found the AoE damage of the blizzard kinda cool.
i will try hydra then

Blizzard is kinda ok for big bosses that dont move around too much - hydra with arcane orbs is fantastic though - think of it as a giant turret which you can stand behind lay waste to people.

i also use the mirror image thing as its a great distraction technique when hordes come after you. Drop the turret, place the clones there, when enemies get in i freeze them then dive back and use disintegrate. I use electric shock then to recharge from a distance.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I remember the countless hours I had to spend kiting champions with Blizzard (slow) and Poison Hydra... this was, of course, pre-nerf inferno :lol

Steiner84

well at the moment we are rolling flawless through nightmare.
playing with a buddy who is a monk and packs go down in seconds. hes porting in and does his bell spell and im laying blizzard and melt them with desintegrate+chaos nexus.

its way way easier then on normal atm.

Lord Phol

I'm thinking about getting a gaming headset, the SteelSeries Siberia v2 is quite popular and looks like a good investment, but it seems you have to pay 40 bucks more if you want the PS3 compatable version. Anyone have any experience with it and know if it's worth the asking price?
Also do you reckon it will work with PS4?

I'm at the very end of Act 3 on Normal Master I with a WD and it's a complete. The only issue I'm having is with the end boss which I tried at level 25 but I wasn't able to finish him, so I've levelled up to level 27 so I can try again.

Also, I just found about the jeweler and that I can level up my gems. A pretty awesome mechanics.

Steiner84

also ive found quite afew legendarys in normal act 3 and 4, as well as my buddy.
We're now at the beginning of act 2 nightmare and both havent found a single one on nightmare..

although at the start of act 1 nightmare i put on a set that gave 30% MF and am now at 70% total MF..

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Mother of god, I just got swamped by an easy mob, trapped in a corner and my wizard is now permadeathed. What a pathetic way to die. Sigh. Fortunately he only had a few hours of gameplay time to his name. Time to start again with the Demon Hunter class.

Jack_AG

Banned
So do quest lines reset based on co-op? I helped my bud the other night catch up to me and when I logged in solo - my quest chain I was on reset :(

Belgorim

Really wish I had a functioning console right now... (well, I have the Wii I guess)

Hope to see some of these fun changes to the PC version (I want no-AH ladder!!!!), else I'm definitely getting one of the new consoles the day this releases for them.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I was able to exchange my PS3 copy for the 360 SKU. What a difference a controller makes.

This blows away the PC version... it's the Diablo 3 that should have been released in the first place. Being able to comfy couch it is awesome, and the controls are solid.

Blizzard should really patch everything they've done here into the PC SKU, including controller support.

The main thing that I'm loving is the addition of the "hard" difficulty. Medium is such a cakewalk it makes the entire first playthrough extremely boring. Add onto that the ability to switch to Master I at Level 10 for extra loot. Was that in the PC version? I gave up playing midway through Act 2 on PC because it was far too easy.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
so basically, the best way to level up and get the best loot (in the easiest way) would be on EASY with Master V?

I believe the difficulty selection is easy, medium, hard, Master I to Master V. You can't pick both Easy and Master V.

That being said, it feels like Hard and Master I are basically the same. The only difference is that you can't select Master I difficulty until Level 10. Hard seems to exist to allow you the same difficulty as Master I up to level 10, but with no loot bonuses.

Lord Phol

I believe the difficulty selection is easy, medium, hard, Master I to Master V. You can't pick both Easy and Master V.

Correct. The fastest way to level is to play on easy until your gear is good enough that you can play on Master I-V without any problems.

That being said, it feels like Hard and Master I are basically the same. The only difference is that you can't select Master I difficulty until Level 10. Hard seems to exist to allow you the same difficulty as Master I up to level 10, but with no loot bonuses.

Well I didn't mess with the difficulty settings so i guess I'm on medium. Will do first playthrough as is then start again in the next playthrough on a harder difficulty I guess.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Well I didn't mess with the difficulty settings so i guess I'm on medium. Will do first playthrough as is then start again in the next playthrough on a harder difficulty I guess.

You can change difficulty at any time. Go to the character selection screen and pick "Select Quest". You then pick your latest quest and then it will ask you what difficulty. It will reset the current quest you're on, though.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I got a legendary for my DH (my 5th overall, but my first for my DH) which was a 2-handed axe. Can't really use it, and I already have a Monk who is a higher level, so she won't find this Dexterity 2-handed axe useful either. Not really sure what to do with it, I guess I should just salvage it?

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.

From the Diablo 3 console forum:

Hotfixes are updates we make on our end without requiring you to download a new patch. Some hotfixes will go live the moment they are implemented, while others may require a restart to go into effect. As always, please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a patch (Sony) or title update (Microsoft).

SEPTEMBER 9:

Bug Fixes
Fixed an issue that caused specific set bonuses on the following four item sets to permanently modify a hero’s core stats (STR, DEX, INT, or VIT) each time they were equipped and the hero was loaded into the game:
Blackthorne's Armor
Endless Path
Guardian's Contingency
Zunimassa's Whispers

Please note that this hotfix will only prevent new occurrences of the bug. In order to correct core stats on heroes who were affected by this bug prior to the hotfix going live, we will need to provide a separate patch (for PS3 users) and title update (for Xbox 360 users). We're currently hoping to deploy this patch/title update by the end of the month, and will provide another update once it's live.

ced

So if the wife and I are blazing through Act 3 on Medium we should try Master I not hard, and gain the loot benefits?

ShogunX

So if the wife and I are blazing through Act 3 on Medium we should try Master I not hard, and gain the loot benefits?

Why not? Normal is basically hold X/A to win. Master will have you using your abilities properly and encourage you to fight as a team.

Also just stumbled on the ability to look at your party's inventory. Cant believe I missed that :\

Number45

You're all tempting me to switch to master 1 (facerolling NM at the moment, halfway through act 2). But then I've seen all of the content before (All classes to 60 on the PC) so getting to 60 as soon as possible is also enticing.

You're all tempting me to switch to master 1 (facerolling NM at the moment, halfway through act 2). But then I've seen all of the content before (All classes to 60 on the PC) so getting to 60 as soon as possible is also enticing.

You'll probably level faster on master 1 too.

I'm curious whether the buff (and extra mobs) will be enough to offset the extra time it takes to kill things. I'm 38 already anyway, so already ahead of the curve in terms of levelling.

I'm intentionally powering through the stuff since I'm a long time PC player and just doing it on Normal to kill things as quickly as possible. After finishing Nightmare I had to put on Master 1 for about a minute to hit level 50.

If your goal is end-game just put it on the easiest you can while still having fun and power to the end, in my opinion.

biaxident

Yeah i'm in the same boat, easy is so incredibly easy but I really want to just get to 60 quickly. I tried Master 1 briefly, and just continued my rend/cleave face roll, and died immediately lol. Harder difficulty is much more fun, but I think for first 60 (console version) I just wanna get there and start working on paragon. Then when its alt and co-op time, up to master and have fun while leveling.

nbraun80

Kek, in D2:LOD I only got one legendary evar. (Druid to lvl 87)

you were doing it wrong if you weren't MFing with an enigma sorc, brah. :)

also does anyone know how item drops work on like 4-player local? Obviously everyone can see their own loot so is it just more loot or do all players get a copy of the item?

eliochip

Guys

found the best pair of pants in a long while and its a puke green Legendary that farts every 30 seconds

sad part is I'm probably gunna be wearing this forever ;_;

markom58

Neo Member
Small recap: I have a Paragon 29 Barb on PC and also a 60 monk and mage. It was my first Diablo and liked the game. I did not understand the hate it got on the internet. I assumed it was the normal vocal minority in the internet as always.

Fast forward later after just finishing Hell on X360: now I understand why older fans think AH/RMAH ruined the loot for Diablo 3 PC. I have had 10x more fun leveling my barb on console. A form of Loot 2.0 has to be in this version as it is correctly dropping yellows and legendaries that I need to progress. Crafting is also useable as it correctly crafts what you need (as far as I can tell as I have only crafted with my Bard). The randomization is still there and loot can still be useless but at least it is definitely more tuned to the class you are currently playing.

Finally the controls. Took me awhile to switch to from point and click to a controller but once I got used to it: Wow. I hope Diablo 3 sells well on X360/PS3 so we can get the expac on XOne/PS4 sooner rather than later.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
I'm playing as a witch doctor, so in this class all the weapon are meaningless right? Cause I only use spells and darts heh

Yoshichan

I'm playing as a witch doctor, so in this class all the weapon are meaningless right? Cause I only use spells and darts heh
Damage is based of (mainly) your weapons, despite using darts, summons and whatnot.

dgenx

Top Bottom