• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

Number45

you were doing it wrong if you weren't MFing with an enigma sorc, brah. :)

also does anyone know how item drops work on like 4-player local? Obviously everyone can see their own loot so is it just more loot or do all players get a copy of the item?
Sure I read today that local co-op is shared loot, I'll try and find it.

I played over 200 hours on the PC version, with a net result of 2 Legendaries, both of which were useless to any of my characters.

I am lvl 21 on the Xbox version, halfway through act 2, playing on Normal, and I have already gotten 3 bad ass Legendaries. Its renewed my love of the game.

Although it is interesting that I have really only gotten 1 or 2 yellows. I bought some, so I don't remember how many I found.

Sanctuary

You'll probably level faster on master 1 too.

It depends on how lucky they've already gotten with drops. Otherwise, it won't be faster, it will be much slower. Jumping from Easy and Medium to Master 1 literally tripled the time it took me to level, despite the increased experience gains while leveling. Didn't see a single legendary either during that time until around level 58. One, compared to the 40+ on the lower difficulties. Adding 60% MF to your current by raising the difficulty doesn't matter much if you can't kill swarms at a fast rate. It actually doesn't seem to matter much at all until you're able to do at least Master 1 in Inferno due to the bump being much higher than Normal through Hell.

Found a pretty good legendary amulet with some useful stats:

421 intel
402 life on hit
81% crit damage
11% crit chance

Boosted my WD up to 212k dps

V_Arnold

But he talks soooo damn much. Wtf?

I finished act 3 over 100 times now, and I have yet to hear a single sentence from Azmodan. Whenever he talks shit in the game, I either skip it or do not even listen, since I am busy salvaging/moving around in the camp instead of listening to dat voice. :D

One need to make a conscious decision to get pissed off over that :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I finished act 3 over 100 times now, and I have yet to hear a single sentence from Azmodan. Whenever he talks shit in the game, I either skip it or do not even listen, since I am busy salvaging/moving around in the camp instead of listening to dat voice. :D

One need to make a conscious decision to get pissed off over that :p
Haha no it doesn't frustrate me either! It was just frustrating the first time :3

Dynamic3

This should be on the OP:

o6l8ORv.png

Does +magic find only increase your chances of finding blue items?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Does +magic find only increase your chances of finding blue items?
Yellow and legendary as well as their rolls (higher mf = higher chance of getting better stats on the items).

molnizzle

Wait. Are you guys not leveling multiple characters at the same time? All this talk about playing the Master difficulties before level 60 has me scratching my head.

Press start on another controller... select one of your alts... faceroll the game on Easy and level up multiple characters at once. I'm on Act II Nightmare now, primary character level 37 and three other alts all above level 30. Even with three characters just following you around you can still blaze through the game on Easy.

Amateur hour up in here.
3nei7ui.gif

Wait. Are you guys not leveling multiple at the same time? All this talk about playing the Master difficulties before level 60 has me scratching my head.

Press start on another controller... select one of your alts... faceroll the game on Easy and level up multiple characters at once. I'm on Act II nightmare now, primary character level 37 and three other alts all above level 30.

Amateur hour up in here. :p

Get to 60 and powerlevel alts in minutes, amateur!

Levito

Banned
So do difficiltes in the console version act as they do in the PC version? I get that you can select multiple difficulties from the get go, but does the game have Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno difficulties to ramp up the progression?

Wait. Are you guys not leveling multiple characters at the same time? All this talk about playing the Master difficulties before level 60 has me scratching my head.

Press start on another controller... select one of your alts... faceroll the game on Easy and level up multiple characters at once. I'm on Act II Nightmare now, primary character level 37 and three other alts all above level 30. Even with three characters just following you around you can still blaze through the game on Easy.

Amateur hour up in here.
3nei7ui.gif

I didn't know you could do this. So you can just leave the controller doing nothing and your other characters will keep up with you?

Akai XIII

My monk now has over 200k DPS, 5k armour, 60k HP and over 450AR... Can do Master III quite comfortably now. I haven't even fully upgraded all my gems but I have been very lucky with legendary fist weapons... Dat Sledge Fist and WKL. Upto Paragon 11 and got a barb and wiz through normal...

Safe to say I love D3 again. Got so bored of WW barb by P100 lol.

EDIT: found and crafted Cains set which is making levelling new characters a breeze.

Voidance

Once I get my wizard a few paragon levels in, I'm going to start a monk and power him through the acts. I play my wizard like a melee character anyway, so I figure it's time I actually make one.

Raxious

Just started Act 4 on Nightmare:

DPS: 8135
Armor: 2632
HP: 30.6k

I'm lvl 48 right now.

How are my stats for the Act I'm on?

At this point I'm walking around Master V inferno with 550% MF and finding tons and tons and badass legendaries. When you have tons of MF, the quantity of drops actually plays very similarly to PC version, with scads of worthless blues and yellows and a few legendaries each hour. The key difference is that the legendaries you find are actually good, and even repeats are nice to find, because you need 5 brimstones for an amulet.

When it comes to actual fun, I'd take console diablo 3 over PC version any day. The online aspect just doesn't add nearly as much to the game as it takes away.

Arjen

Seems I'm not quite ready for master yet, regular mobs are fine, but the yellow ones pretty much one shot me. Switched back and got an legendary immediately, i took that as a sign :p

morpix

Hot damn. I just started this on PS3. The few lines of tearing here and there are nothing compared to the lag spikes I had on PC (playing from New Zealand). Renewed love for this game.

What do you mean by this? We each picked sh*t up separately. I didn't see any sharing going on...

When you're playing online others can't take or see the loot drops you see on your screen/game. Where as when you're playing local co-op you're sharing the drops with your local partner.

Sanctuary

Has anyone had the Tier 12 Jewelcrafting plans drop? If so, what difficulty? I've had all of them drop up to 14 and all I need is 12 to make a Marquise Ruby. I have no idea if it's Hell or Inferno that 12 drops in.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
From Leoric's mansion to the Butcher, I got a Fleshrake, a Heart of Iron and a Squirt's Necklace.

3 Legendaries. I have 2 60 chars, and one 57 on PC and never saw a single legendary drop. Shit I think I never saw a rare.

nowai

Wonder if I can make a ghetto follower by leveling a second character with a team buff. Could be interesting

Yes, I did this last night in fact to also buff my pals.

Had three other buddies over and when they left for the night, I kept their accounts logged in and not only leveled them, but got the bonuses.

Santar

I really enjoy the console version so far, though I'm a little disappointed that Blizzard doesn't seem to have balanced the difficulties that well for the increased loot drops.

I started at normal but at the late 20's I had to set it to master 1 just to get some resistance and I haven't done anything to level a lot or farmed for equipment or anything, just been thorough when it comes to exploring. Don't recall that happening on pc.

And the legendary drops seems a bit lacking in selection so far for me, I've gotten three Fjord Cutters now, and two Executioners.

Dahbomb

From Leoric's mansion to the Butcher, I got a Fleshrake, a Heart of Iron and a Squirt's Necklace.

3 Legendaries. I have 2 60 chars, and one 57 on PC and never saw a single legendary drop. Shit I think I never saw a rare.
LOL I call bull shit on that one. Rares drop like rain drops in D3.

IvorB

When you're playing online others can't take or see the loot drops you see on your screen/game. Where as when you're playing local co-op you're sharing the drops with your local partner.

Ah okay. Though not quite "sharing" he he. Grabbing all the loot is an integral part of the co-op experience :).

Top Bottom