• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

Brannon

Finally never have to pay attention to the story anymore. Goddamn it Blizzard. Goddamn it.

On the bright side, time to bump up to Nightmare Master I and melt all the faces!

Agkel

Wonder if I can make a ghetto follower by leveling a second character with a team buff. Could be interesting

It seems that on PS3 you can do this. Create a character on your main account then create dummy account to use said character and log in with it, repeat x2 and now you have 3 dummies following you, leveling up and you will be able to use them at a later time with your account.

On the 360 , its still possible except for the part where you are able to access/use the dummy characters with your main account. (Correct me if im wrong) The reason is that the characters are locked to each profile, therefore your dummy characters will be locked to your dummy accounts.

pixlexic

Banned
So if it has not been posted yet there is demo now on XBL.

Digital Download will probably be beginning of October I think sony has a digital exclusive deal for a month it seems.

good there is a demo. my friends cannot be convinced about the greatness of the game. now I hope they try it out and see what the fuss is all about.

onward to inferno...

Fularu

Banned
Just picked this up which increased my damage from 21k to 49k on Hell Act 2

peLlXGm.jpg

Your picture is too small

Would you mind making it bigger next time please?

MrDaravon

Finally found my first Manticore. Only one socket, buuuut it's got:

1526.3 Damage
258 Dex
185 Int
431 Vit (lol)
9% IAS
91% CD

With a Star Emerald in there (I've got the Radiant Star Emerald plans but not the Flawless Star yet) it takes my DPS from 160k to 190k and gives me a flat 13k HP increase, which is ridiculous. Also found a crazy ~1400 dps Buriza for my Scoundrel, his current one was like 500 dps.

I've gotten all of my resists to approaching respectable levels (everything's between 447 and 633), what I'm foreseeing the problem being to do highest Master levels is needing Life Steal/LoH. Vit stats seem out of control in general, I wonder if it's going to wind up being more stacking crazy Vit at higher levels.

LkPr

Does D3 have an activation code or anything like that? I may be getting a used copy and I need to know if i'll need to purchase one of those codes

Teknoman

While downloading the 360 demo, i've got to ask those who have the PC and console version:

Did they fix the sound mixing on the console version? The music isnt insanely low or certain voices much higher than others right?

Vesper73

While downloading the 360 demo, i've got to ask those who have the PC and console version:

Did they fix the sound mixing on the console version? The music isnt insanely low or certain voices much higher than others right?

To answer your question: No! Which is crazy seeing as this was always such a silly oversight.

As it stands, music and ambient at 100, sound effects at 50, and voice at 70.

Glad I'm not the only person that is annoyed by this.

That said, I'm absolutely loving the console port. Gamepad control is so much better than keyboard and mouse for this game. And let's not even begin to talk about how this game has gone from shit to win by removing the auction house and the resulting itemization changes.

Everyone with a console should be playing this gem!

Loginius

Since hitting 60 loot in the conosle version has been kind of a let down for me.
I found about 5 legendarys all the way to paragon 12.

I have more legendarys drop in the pc version.
Even farming for gold seems to be way harder than on pc and the way lower mob density keeps me from getting a good flow.

Dunno, had a lot of fun and would definitelly say the loot is improved compared to the pc version where legendarys are almost always useless but the (at least for me) low droprate of practically anything at lvl 60 combined with the low mob density is kind of a bummer.
Just not as fun as on pc, maybe that will change but thats how I feel at the moment.

A shame as well since I really enjoy the direct controlls and no ah.

bender

What time is it?
Critical Hits for over a million damage at level 46 (Act III - Nightmare). I'm pretty sure this Barb is 10x as strong as my 100 hour PC character. So weird.

Mask

Does D3 have an activation code or anything like that? I may be getting a used copy and I need to know if i'll need to purchase one of those codes

Nope, none at all. There may be a DLC code missing though, but I think that was preorder only, so you're probably okay.

MrDaravon

Since hitting 60 loot in the conosle version has been kind of a let down for me.
I found about 5 legendarys all the way to paragon 12.

I have more legendarys drop in the pc version.
Even farming for gold seems to be way harder than on pc and the way lower mob density keeps me from getting a good flow.

Dunno, had a lot of fun and would definitelly say the loot is improved compared to the pc version where legendarys are almost always useless but the (at least for me) low droprate of practically anything at lvl 60 combined with the low mob density is kind of a bummer.
Just not as fun as on pc, maybe that will change but thats how I feel at the moment.

A shame as well since I really enjoy the direct controlls and no ah.

You may have had bad run, I found literally 5 legendaries on one screen on Master I Inferno an hour or two ago. I am seeing more complaints about mob density from PC players as they hit Inferno/Master, but given that this is running on essentially 8 year-old PCs I don't see them being able to do anything more about that really. I'm not running a Barb yet but I have seen complaints about people not being able to keep WotB up indefinitely, TR with Monks, etc. Which is a bummer, but honestly if the Paragon level cap is 100 across all characters people are going to hit that fast enough where that's not going to matter anyway. There's a good amount of content here, but it's going to be in the hundreds of hours, not thousands of hours like the PC version.

Oppo

Holy balls. It works so well with a controller. And I love the added GoW style dodge.

I daresay it feels much more at home on console. I'm pretty surprised.

On the 360 , its still possible except for the part where you are able to access/use the dummy characters with your main account. (Correct me if im wrong) The reason is that the characters are locked to each profile, therefore your dummy characters will be locked to your dummy accounts.

I have the 360 one. I'll have to give it a try, but you may be right

Kemal86

Kind of annoyed at the gem drops in Inferno, wasn't this fixed on PC awhile ago? Having to go back to a lower difficulty for books to combine the Inferno gems is obnoxious.

Also kind of worried about money to fund my crafting... Doesn't look like they reduced the gold cost of Archon Armor pieces despite a lack of AH meaning I have sooooo little gold compared to PC.

To answer your question: No! Which is crazy seeing as this was always such a silly oversight.

As it stands, music and ambient at 100, sound effects at 50, and voice at 70.

Glad I'm not the only person that is annoyed by this.

That said, I'm absolutely loving the console port. Gamepad control is so much better than keyboard and mouse for this game. And let's not even begin to talk about how this game has gone from shit to win by removing the auction house and the resulting itemization changes.

Everyone with a console should be playing this gem!

Oh so it's not just me then. The sound mixing is not good. The effects are way too loud and voices soft. Will have to play around with it then.

The voice acting is too good.

The voice acting in this game perplexes me. The CG cutscenes have quite good voice acting. The in-game voice acting is laughably awful and annoying. Diablo's reveal is the best example. Leah sounds like a Captain Planet villain when she first turns "WELLL DONE ADRIA. YOU HAVE SERVED ME WELL." Then in the Act 4 cutscene when she fights Imperius, she sounds intimidating and sinister "Even in the heart of heaven... Angels can still feel fear." Like she had completely different direction in how to to do the voice in the two different scenes about 30 seconds apart.

george_us

God the combat in this game is SO. FUCKING. GOOD.

Watching dudes explode into bloody chunks while dropping spiritual bells on them never gets old.

Kemal86

Yeah...just spent my entire gold supply crafting some Archon Armor for my monk. All of me had Demon Hunter skill mods on them.

Now I'm broke :(

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
fuck this game is too much fun :(

Agkel

For those of you wanting the bonus on local coop groups on X360, it is as I said before. I tested it and you wont be able to level other characters and use them on your main account. You will only be able to use them on the profile that created said dummy characters.

What I ended up doing was, declining to sign in on the other 3 controllers and it let me create characters that I wouldn't be able to save. I let them die right away because it doesn't really matter. You get to keep the bonus. I farmed butcher and from lv 17 to 19 I got 6 legendary in about 1hr. I got tons and tons of blues and rares.

edit: I just found out there is a way to get the other characters from other profiles under your profile. It requires exporting save files, hashing and saving said files. Anyone interested can find the info online.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I killed the devil
(talk about blowing your load during and having nothing for the ending... sounds like a sequel setup)
. I did it on normal because I'm wuss and I didn't want to miss many days of work. Will try hard next or roll another character; I may go back to the Barbarian now.

Daingurse

My little brother picked the game up on PS3. We just beat the Skeleton King a little while ago, this port is fucking legit. Couch Coop changes everything. EVERYTHING.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
You know I just realized something.

The VA of the male demon hunter is the same guy who does the "british" voice for the male main character in saints row 2 / 3 / 4

cannot unsee my SR character now while playing lol

D23

i am addicted...
with the demo

dammit, i dont have the money to buy this game because of gta V next week!! but i will buy it someday

Dahbomb

I'm a believer on consul controls with the demo

what's the best late game dps character? wizard or monk
Barbs are the most effective class in the game in terms of dishing wide spread damage while being on the move (most effecient farmer). Wizards are next, Monk probably 3rd. Theoretically a DH is supposed to have absurd damage with some specs but the gear required is too much. Like a DH can basically one shot a pack with a well placed Cluster Bomb or Loaded with Bear if it crits.

Dahbomb

Finished act 1 hell. Only a 400 legendary dagger and a legendary shoulder. When do i get a 1000 attack sword ?
This game is RNG based so no one knows when you will get that big item. It could be the next monster you loot or it could be well after you beat even Inferno. Chances are you will see one before beating Hell though or at least close to it.

Lunchbox

Banned
Barbs are the most effective class in the game in terms of dishing wide spread damage while being on the move (most effecient farmer). Wizards are next, Monk probably 3rd. Theoretically a DH is supposed to have absurd damage with some specs but the gear required is too much. Like a DH can basically one shot a pack with a well placed Cluster Bomb or Loaded with Bear if it crits.
I played through the demo with the wizard and was unstoppable by lvl 6. will try monk and then decide

don't like melee classes

Level 30 wizard, just unlocked "Archon" man it is SO damn good. Archon with Level 3 Nephalem Glory is just deadly. I also use the "familiar" rather than the storm armour now as i get 12% damage increase. I also use the "slow time" bubble with the 20% damage increase. Sure, i have to kill people manually but i can also dodge any projectiles in there.

The end boss on Act III i killed in literally 10 seconds - disintegrate, bubble, glass cannon and familiar just destroyed him.

I can now afford to take either the scoundrel or enchantress as its getting too easy.

Gonna finish this then move to Nightmare + MP1 with the next playthrough.

Dahbomb

I played through the demo with the wizard and was unstoppable by lvl 6. will try monk and then decide

don't like melee classes
Lvl1-60 is sort of meaningless in terms of judging what is a strong class. At that level any class is godly.

Stay away from Monk/Barb if you don't like melee class.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Female barb, specifically.

MercuryLS

Banned
The demo caught me by surprise, it's pretty fun. Not liking the screen tearing on the PS3 version.

Will wait for PS4 version + price drop.

Top Bottom