• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

MrDaravon

You don't get core stats in the console Paragon system. It's account wide and the MF/GF boosts are given automatically to your other characters (so your LVL19 Monk will have extra MF/GF right now).

No one knows yet if the cap is above 100 or not because no one has reached that far into the game yet. Highest I have seen someone is P40. I don't see the point of having Paragon levels extend beyond 100 when MF is capped.

You totally get core stats on console paragon levels, I verified it personally twice. My DH gained 3 dex, 2 vit and 1 str/int at both Paragon level 3 and 4, and both times I checked it just before leveling up with no gear changes, etc.

You know what is so super fun about this game. The myriad of different skill choices, especially on the wizard. On Act 1 I was constantly using the Frost Ray to slow down those bloaters, and then finish them off with the rest.

Now here I am on Act 2 and actually using the Freeze skill, Storm Armor and Arcane Orb that totally demolishes everything because they are standing still. They come to close and I use that Force skill that pushes them away.

It all just clicks.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
You know what is so super fun about this game. The myriad of different skill choices, especially on the wizard. On Act 1 I was constantly using the Frost Ray to slow down those bloaters, and then finish them off with the rest.

Now here I am on Act 2 and actually using the Freeze skill, Storm Armor and Arcane Orb that totally demolishes everything because they are standing still. They come to close and I use that Force skill that pushes them away.

It all just clicks.

Yeah I was getting kind of bored with my Monk towards the end of Act I, but by the end of Act II I was having a blast mixing and matching skills and finding the synergies between the skills and runes available to me. I'm pretty excited to start playing the other classes to see what they have to offer.

molnizzle

You totally get core stats on console paragon levels, I verified it personally twice. My DH gained 3 dex, 2 vit and 1 str/int at both Paragon level 3 and 4, and both times I checked it just before leveling up with no gear changes, etc.

Yeah, I've seen others say the same thing and verify with pics. On console you can get a high Paeagon level main and make some BEASTLY alts. LOL!

Yeah I was getting kind of bored with my Monk towards the end of Act I, but by the end of Act II I was having a blast mixing and matching skills and finding the synergies between the skills and runes available to me. I'm pretty excited to start playing the other classes to see what they have to offer.

The game just truly opens up between level 15-20 and everything before that is basically one huge tutorial.

Why didn't this game get any post-release coverage from major sites?

IGN, Gamespot, Escapist, Giantbomb, GameTrailers, not one of them did a video review of the console version. It's different enough from the PC version I thought for sure it would get reviewed.

Why didn't this game get any post-release coverage from major sites?

IGN, Gamespot, Escapist, Giantbomb, GameTrailers, not one of them did a video review of the console version. It's different enough from the PC version I thought for sure it would get reviewed.
Was wondering this myself when I was looking for a Gametrailers video review. Is this under all of their radars? Kindof hard to believe.

Gorillaz

Beat it on normal. Should have ended it on hard or above but ill do that on play through 2. Over all I really like it but I felt like the game was kind of short and the last act felt anticlimactic. Didn't feel like the last fight was really that good for some reason and it wasn't because of difficulty. It's weird, Act 3 felt like the highlight of it all.

That said was a strong game. Not bad Gaf not bad at all

Sothpaw

How do you cast precise spells with the controller? For example, how do you place your hydras exactly where you want them, put haunt on the monster you want it on, or leap to the exact location you need to? Do you basically just face a direction and hope for the best?

Raide

Ok cause I kinda feel like I'm messing around now :p

Just see what the last Rune level is and plan from there. You will have a full list of skills and runes to make your build, then it will be about getting the right gear.

Then it is a endless trip of finding looting and finding better loot right afterwards.

Sanctuary

Use disintegrate with Chaos Nexus, trust me.

Pretty much. Later on it's Archon all the way if your gear can support it.

Also, sometimes it just doesn't pay to be nice to people. I ended up adding some random that I played with last Thursday that I thought was kind of cool. Eventually, he kept spamming me with invites, or jumping into my Master 1 games, even though his damage was literally 1/10th of mine at that time (and it just so happens to be that now too). I ended up giving him a legendary quiver that dropped and a few other items that I had that added either damage, or had more DEX than what he was currently wearing.

So every time I wanted to make any real progress, I'd have to play offline, or he'd keep invading my games, making it unnecessarily more difficult, since my own damage was just enough to make it challenging at times solo. The added health and damage of enemies with him jumping in did not help due to his damage being so low. Last night he kept spamming me to carry him to 60, and I told him that I was currently trying to progress through Inferno. After I simply started ignoring his spams, he finally got the hint and stopped.

Today I told him to make a game, but set it to Master 3 and I'd take him through Act 3 and 4 (Hell mode), so he did and it was a bit too much, so he lowered it to Master 2. Then some random 8k DPS Wizard joins and we actually made it all the way to Diablo, but they both must have died lierally 30 times on the way at least. Then I started to give some more drops to this guy and he shows me a 1400 DPS Buriza. I asked him if that had just dropped, and he said "No, a duper gave it to me". He was also using a STR gem in his quiver...
Glad I could waste my time with this kid; who is apparently 13 - 15 or something due to soccer practice, and his sister getting on.

How do you cast precise spells with the controller? For example, how do you place your hydras exactly where you want them, put haunt on the monster you want it on, or leap to the exact location you need to? Do you basically just face a direction and hope for the best?

It auto-aims at the monster closest to where you are aiming. Early on, I was confounded when it didn't automatically choose the monster closest my character, but after having the game for a week I have no more problems placing skills usefully.

Dahbomb

Wow really? They don't even give you a message on that. Also wouldn't your toons be really powerful if they started out with like 300 core stats?

I'm watching a stream on Twitch right now where the guy is at Paragon level 100 and the Paragon XP bar doesn't seem to go up any further.
Link? You sure it's the console version?

Of these spells I only tried out Leap so here's how it works on console.

When you are facing a direction and there are no enemies... if you press Leap you will jump in that direction at a fixed distance. You can use this to jump over cliffs and stuff like on the PC version. When there are enemies, you will Leap towards the enemy you are targetting provided they are within the max distance of Leap.

Obviously it's not 100% accurate but it works in terms of practical application.

MrDaravon

Wow really? They don't even give you a message on that. Also wouldn't your toons be really powerful if they started out with like 300 core stats?

They don't give you the message no, but they don't give you the message on regular level ups like the PC version either, so they probably figured it wasn't necessary and/or it would confuse people. This is why I'm wondering if the Paragon cap is still 100, because if it's 100 but that's shared across all characters that's honestly kind of a bummer.

Unrelated: I just got a Puzzle Ring. I never had one in the PC version, is this actually worthwhile to wear? Is it a super rare chance, or I guess how is this not obviously broken?

Dahbomb

He has 9 billion gold, a SHIT TON of crafting material and probably a ton of Hellfire Ring crafts as well (the one he has on is damn good). At the bare minimum he is duping items which apparently is not that hard to do on console version. What I am interested in is how he got to P100.

The funny part is that his character isn't even THAT strong for a hacked character lol. I mean nothing compared to that one guy who has a 4 million DPS Barb.

TheIconizer

Neo Member
+3 main attribute, +1 secondary attributes, +2 vit, +3% MF/GF

So for a barb : +3 str, +1 dex, +1 int, +2 vit, +3 MF and +3 GF

Thanks. I heard that it was changed a bit for the console versions. I heard that it's also much slower now. Are these true at all?

Jack_AG

Banned
If i buy this on PS3 will it be discounted on PS4?
With all this talk of protecting IPs and DRM the past 5 years your think purchasing an IP entitles you to all versions of that IP - especially digital since devs/pubs insist the medium means nothing. Blizz gives PC/Mac users both installs for the computer folk. Sadly I don't think they will here. Cross-buy should be mandatory if available.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
With all this talk of protecting IPs and DRM the past 5 years your think purchasing an IP entitles you to all versions of that IP - especially digital since devs/pubs insist the medium means nothing. Blizz gives PC/Mac users both installs for the computer folk. Sadly I don't think they will here. Cross-buy should be mandatory if available.

I think this is more up to Sony than it is Blizzard. Plus, when you buy a PS3 copy of the game, all that entitles you to is the PS3 copy of the game. You aren't owed a PS4 copy at all.

To be clear, I bought the PS3 version anticipating that I would be able to transfer my characters over to the inevitable PS4 version. Whether or not that comes to pass remains to be seen.

I'm still worried that the next gen Diablo 3's will go back to online-only + auction houses + Battlenet integration.

Somebody please tell me they'd never do that. Because I half think that's what they'd want to do.

To be clear, I bought the PS3 version anticipating that I would be able to transfer my characters over to the inevitable PS4 version. Whether or not that comes to pass remains to be seen.
Same here, with no certainty of it happening at all. But the fact that the PS4 version is still in the early going, and there's been no talk of transferring characters, and no reviews, and so many other online-only games, I'm getting a little paranoid ;P

smr00

Banned
KYGX7aX.jpg
Finally got a legendary off a treasure goblin.

Killed about 200 of those fuckers.

Xander51

I checked out the demo version on 360 today (been playing the game proper on PS3) and it's pretty lengthy! It goes all the way to the skeleton king, just like the PC beta did, and progress can transfer over to the main game. Thinking of picking up the 360 version because Blizzard has a total hold on my brain.

molnizzle

He has 9 billion gold, a SHIT TON of crafting material and probably a ton of Hellfire Ring crafts as well (the one he has on is damn good). At the bare minimum he is duping items which apparently is not that hard to do on console version. What I am interested in is how he got to P100.

Working save file editors were out in the wild before the game even officially released. =/

Jrmint

Beat it on normal. Should have ended it on hard or above but ill do that on play through 2. Over all I really like it but I felt like the game was kind of short and the last act felt anticlimactic. Didn't feel like the last fight was really that good for some reason and it wasn't because of difficulty. It's weird, Act 3 felt like the highlight of it all.

That said was a strong game. Not bad Gaf not bad at all
If you stop there you are missing out on 95% of what the game has to offer. The story and acts are just there to give you stuff to kill.

foladar

The funny part is that his character isn't even THAT strong for a hacked character lol. I mean nothing compared to that one guy who has a 4 million DPS Barb.

Apparently some guy in their chat ... adjusted .. their stash, at least I saw him mentioning it in chat last night. Some of the gear might be duped, too. He didn't change stats (well, para 100) like the 4 million dps guy anyway.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Heading home now, time for some well earned Diablo 3 playtime!

Welp, I got maybe an hour into my session before I got called back into the office. I'm convinced that my job has been actively trying to prevent me from getting in any D3 playtime over the past week...

Jedi2016

Oops I mean I broke them down at the blacksmith. They're gone. My blacksmith wasn't level 10 yet so I couldn't use them. I should have put them in my stash but noooooo... Once I start pressing that button while salvaging I'm an animal and can't stop.
I'm at least somewhat looking at the screen, so if I suddenly see one with a lot of green arrows on it, I'll stop and take a quick look. I've already gotten into the habit of checking through my inventory for me and my follower before hitting up the blacksmith.

MrDaravon

Oops I mean I broke them down at the blacksmith. They're gone. My blacksmith wasn't level 10 yet so I couldn't use them. I should have put them in my stash but noooooo... Once I start pressing that button while salvaging I'm an animal and can't stop.

I don't think you can break down plans?

ShogunX

Me and a friend decided to up the difficulty to Master I....just because, despite this being our first play through it has definitely offered a nice challenge and requires an element of teamwork and well timed power usage. Just beat The Butcher who gave us crazy problems.

Anyway I had the network set to open for other like minded adventures come and join the struggle, next thing I know a level 38 Barbarian joins and proceeds to skip all dialogue and rush through the aftermath of The Butcher....I know I left myself open for shit like this but seriously people are arseholes. Do people not know they are guests in other peoples games?

Top Bottom