• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

BigDug13

Barbs are the most effective class in the game in terms of dishing wide spread damage while being on the move (most effecient farmer). Wizards are next, Monk probably 3rd. Theoretically a DH is supposed to have absurd damage with some specs but the gear required is too much. Like a DH can basically one shot a pack with a well placed Cluster Bomb or Loaded with Bear if it crits.

So...Witchdoctors are utter garbage endgame then? Not even worth putting on the list?

Not asking sarcastically, I'm genuinely curious. I loved the class when I played Diablo on PC release but damn was it a struggle later with the crappy mana regen speed.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You better post that shit NAOW

Drame

Got inferno done yesterday. Now it's just about finding the lewt!

Also, got a ridiculous legendary neck.

Squirt's Necklace

242 strenght
62 fr
104% crit hit dmg
51% gold drops
50% magic find
8% crit change

If only that fr would be ar this neck would be so good! Not that it isn't at the moment, teehee.

Dahbomb

Monk is the most satisfying class in the game.

That feel when you are critting at 40%+ chance and swirls of cyclones start forming around you like a boss.

That feel when you Cyclone in all the mobs then Palm tag a few of them leading into an explosion of corpses and blood.

That feel when you stack Blinding Flash with double Mantra of Conviction and then Drop Dah Bell to one shot a dozen monsters at once.

That feel when you are going against Ubers but are low on health and you pop Serenity, Blinding Flash into a Seven Sided Strike where almost every hit is a crit for HUGE damage.

Dahbomb

Laying in bed , promise I will!
Is it the Bonesaber of Zumikalis?

So...Witchdoctors are utter garbage endgame then? Not even worth putting on the list?

Not asking sarcastically, I'm genuinely curious. I loved the class when I played Diablo on PC release but damn was it a struggle later with the crappy mana regen speed.
Witch Doctor is fine, one of the best classes in hardcore. They are OK in softcore, there is no class that is shit in the game. They are way more durable than a DH so they are very viable at high MP.

Riggs

Banned
OmaiC5c.jpg

Man ... this game is fucking like twilight zone. I can't believe I am getting these drops after all those hours in PC and getting nothing.

DahBomb yepp you knew : )

koji

They got a bad rep early on when the pets were still shit and that seems to have stuck. It's my favorite class, imo by far the most varied going from tanky summoner to super glass cannon. Blizz changed that mana regen when the class got an overhaul.

There are a couple of end game builds (bears, 0 CD dogs, cloud of bats) out there that melt everything but people still seem to consider them as "shitty". Don't think we'll see stuff like 0 CD dogs on console soon though, gear requirements for that are very specific.

If there is a thing like the worst class for farming in end game / high MPs it's the demon hunter. Compared to the other classes that's the one that can't dish out enough dmg fast enough, most DHs on PC play monks now (DH was super popular early on)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, weren't you sleeping?!

Riggs

Banned
I woke up to post pics, deciding if I should play more ... or try and sleep. I can't sleep for shit right now anyway =/

Dahbomb

Yea I think DH is the overall worst class especially if you consider Hardcore in the equation. Lowest survivability out of all the classes and not even the best at being a glass cannon when Wizards can do that just as well if not better.

90% chance that DH will be getting some overhauls in the expansion especially for their effectiveness in hardcore mode.

DH was only super popular at start because Nether Tentacles were broken. They were the best class in the game pre nerf Inferno.

BigDug13

Yea I think DH is the overall worst class especially if you consider Hardcore in the equation. Lowest survivability out of all the classes and not even the best at being a glass cannon when Wizards can do that just as well if not better.

90% chance that DH will be getting some overhauls in the expansion especially their for their effectiveness in hardcore mode.

DH was only super popular at start because Nether Tentacles were broken. They were the best class in the game pre nerf Inferno.

I remember DH's being pretty bad ass in the beginning. But of course that was when the smoke screen could be done infinitely. Guess they never got buffed to the level of the other classes then...

One thing I liked was when Evasive Fire would proc the backflip from someone getting too close, it reset your weapon's attack so that you immediately fired again no matter what your attack speed was. I tried it out this time and it appears they fixed that.

Yoshichan

I woke up to post pics, deciding if I should play more ... or try and sleep. I can't sleep for shit right now anyway =/

You so hardcore :D Love it!

Riggs

Banned
lol I remember nether tentacles before they nerfed it .... shit was so OP

Yoshi don't you like my sword :(( ((((( ???

Seriously what you like for a dual wield build? I am tired of fucking whirlwind / tornado's

I got a perfect 2h build, but not wsure what to go with for dual wield anymore.

Yoshichan

Dude, I love that sword :D

Dahbomb

I remember DH's being pretty bad ass in the beginning. But of course that was when the smoke screen could be done infinitely. Guess they never got buffed to the level of the other classes then...
DHs were the best class at launch because of the following factors:

Melee classes took too much damage in Inferno making them non viable for farming. Only the Wizard and DH could farm Act 3 and up, WD were just all around the worst class at launch because pets were useless.

Attack speed bonuses were double at launch from items which really helped out DH as they could burn through Hatred really fast and pump out a volley of Nether Tentacles of Hungering Arrows to mow down packs off screen before they could be a threat.

Smoke Screen was broken/too good. They basically halved it.

Nether Tentacles was broken. It hit multiples times on a single target.

Caltrops Jagged Spike had insane proc coeffecient and could stack way more. You could melt mobs by letting them walk into a bunch of stacked traps.

Shadow Gloom was way better.

Yoshichan

Yeah I remember how frustrated all the OP DHs made me. They were soooooooo good.

Riggs

Banned
Now everyone is frustrated over WW Barbs.

It's just not that fun honestly. I don't mind it being OP , but it's not very entertaining to play that way, at least for me. I did it a lot on PC, and kind of want a different way to play right now.

Yoshichan

I think that's why I like WW... I barely used it in the PC-version because (back when I played) it was fucking horrible. You just... died, when you started whirlwinding :lol

Riggs

Banned
Shit man, I don't even know... I'm one of those casual 2H barbs :( Sorry!

:lol

lol ...

I been using 2h this entire time bro, shit is great. Especially with bash/rend/over power 407% rune, w/ proper 8% life steal you can fucking go god mode. Think I use battle rage and war cry too with that, + WoTB. WoTB stays up indefinitely as long as there is shit to kill, fun fun.

Gotta find me a good dual wield build now!

Dahbomb

I don't even think WW is what is OP... it's Sprint and Battle Rage along with a few other passive stuff. They nerfed that Sprint rune twice already and they nerfed it again on console (it actually has a CD now) but it's still too good. Battle Rage is a no brainer buff spell to have. His passives are also among the best in the game. A native life steal passive, a native crit chance/crit damage passive and another passive that gives you more offensive stats based on your weapon type. Pretty much every Barb runs this stuff along with Battle Cry, Wrath of the Berserker and a Fury generator (its usually Fury because it gives you the most Wrath per hit).

Seismic Hammer is good now though... more specifically the one that has small AOE but big damage. Cleave and Rend (Bloodlust) are good too. They nerfed Revenge so most people don't run that anymore.

Yoshichan

How did they nerf Revenge? I noticed that something was wrong with it... but I can't really put my finger on it. Does it have an internal cooldown now?

Riggs

Banned
I don't even think WW is what is OP... it's Sprint and Battle Rage along with a few other passive stuff. They nerfed that Sprint rune twice already and they nerfed it again on console (it actually has a CD now) but it's still too good. Battle Rage is a no brainer buff spell to have. His passives are also among the best in the game. A native life steal passive, a native crit chance/crit damage passive and another passive that gives you more offensive stats based on your weapon type. Pretty much every Barb runs this stuff along with Battle Cry, Wrath of the Berserker and a Fury generator (its usually Fury because it gives you the most Wrath per hit).

Seismic Hammer is good now though... more specifically the one that has small AOE but big damage. Cleave and Rend (Bloodlust) are good too. They nerfed Revenge so most people don't run that anymore.

Ya sprint's tornado's are the main dps, not WW's. I just call it WW build since I am a lazy bastard. Hrmmm I will check out seismic slam, you sure you didn't mean Hammer of the Ancients / slam rune? Guessin you did, that's what I am using now. Similar to this guys set up, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/pancakeessss-1294/hero/6152484

Shit is just to good to go back to WW =/

Comparing his items to mine ... jesus christ mine are so much better. This game is freaking me out.

koji

Blizz said they were going to nerf the WW barb, no idea when though. Probably when they buffed everything else up high enough to make that shit OP like WW now :lol.

They basically said that a "timed" skill/buff like WoTB isn't supposed to be active for so long.

source

Yoshichan

They'll nerf it just as the Paladin and Blessed Hammer shows up. That way, hammers will win the OP-contest :D

Riggs

Banned
WoTB is so crazy, I keep it up all the time just with the build above. Don't even need WW! Surprised it hasn't been nerfed .... but what did they expect with thrive on chaos rune!!!

Lord Phol

I thought lifesteal was nerfed in Inferno pretty much making this passive useless, has that been changed?

This looks way better then the PC version the AH and low drop rate really made this game boring for me. Guess ill pick this up on my new shiny PS4 next year.

Dahbomb

I thought lifesteal was nerfed in Inferno pretty much making this passive useless, has that been changed?
Nah man you are thinking way back. Life steal is immensely powerful in the game because DPS is off the charts.

Life steal wasn't viable early D3 days because people had to stack defense and AR to survive... no one had big defense. You need over 50K DPS to make LS better than LOH. Beyond that LOH starts to become useless. Especially when characters like Monk can LS off of Backlash allowing them to survive MP10 even with low gear.

Yoshichan

WAIT! Life steal is better than life on hit now?

Dahbomb

WAIT! Life steal is better than life on hit now?
It's not better....

It's WWWAAAAAAYYYYYYY better.

Well on high DPS beyond stuff like 50K. Also depends on spec and attack speed. But yea overall with the way the game is played now Lifesteal is the top 3 most sought after stat on weapons alongside crit damage, main stat attack speed and socket.

Yoshichan

It's not better....

It's WWWAAAAAAYYYYYYY better.
So life on hit actually scales depending on the difficulty now? For example 1000 life on hit gets scaled to 100 life on inferno? I'm positive that life steal (%) scaled back in the days... does it not do that anymore?

Dahbomb

So life on hit actually scales depending on the difficulty now? For example 1000 life on hit gets scaled to 100 life on inferno? I'm positive that life steal (%) scaled back in the days... does it not do that anymore?
LOH does not scale. LS scales but trust me on this when you try LS at high DPS you will see the difference immediately. It's just that when you played the game no one had 100K DPS and people had 2x attack speeds.

Lifesteal is preferred on weapons. You can get LOH from other slots. Both stats together are fine but LS is now a priority stat.

Yoshichan

Yoshi dual wield life steal barb ..... when dreams become reality. I don't know what world this is anymore.
It's just like we wanted back in the days, man :D
LOH does not scale. LS scales but trust me on this when you try LS at high DPS you will see the difference immediately. It's just that when you played the game no one had 100K DPS and people had 2x attack speeds.

Lifesteal is preferred on weapons. You can get LOH from other slots. Both stats together are fine but LS is now a priority stat.
That makes sense, thanks for the clarification man!

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
jTbixEQ.jpg

Over 300 hours put into the PC version and I've NEVER gotten a drop like this. Thank you PS3 version.

It's probably the same random number generator they used to compute the "salt" for their encryption... lucky bastard :(

On 360

Riggs

Banned
jTbixEQ.jpg

Over 300 hours put into the PC version and I've NEVER gotten a drop like this. Thank you PS3 version.

Feel ya man ....

Welcome back to the killing fields!

I wonder how much the IK chest piece I posted above on this page would be worth on the AH in gold. 400 + str with 3 socket, man ....

Yoshichan

Top Bottom