• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

Well, one thing certainly has not changed from the PC version. Those leaper/mortar cat enemies are still the most overtuned enemies in the game. Completely stupid how much damage they do from off screen, only to jump on you while you're trying to avoid the mortars from all directions. They do entirely too much damage. Doesn't really matter if they die pretty quickly since they always strike first from off screen thanks to the console being zoomed in entirely too close, yet treating the game as though you have more viewing distance than what you really do.

I hate the fields of slaughter things with the spike and green shit that comes out of the ground. Combo that with the spears dude and it can hurt ya pretty quick.

Hey DiabloGAF, i just picked the game up and i am stuck between 3 class choices:

Demon Hunter
Barbarian
Monk

I want a character that is fun to play, easy to level and with a good dps (doesn't need to be top).

Edit: I will be playing with a WD if that matters.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Hey DiabloGAF, i just picked the game up and i am stuck between 3 class choices:

Demon Hunter
Barbarian
Monk

I want a character that is fun to play, easy to level and with a good dps (doesn't need to be top).

I've been playing the Monk and it is a bucketload of fun, but it only opens up once you hit the mid- to late-twenties. Barbarian is apparently the top DPS class out there.

Fuck on act iv on normal. Trying to beat diablo and I've died about 8x. I've been Breezing through the game until this point and I just can't beat him.

I've added life on hit to my weapon over damage. I'm using the energy armour and the frozen skin thing with my wizard. I use the frozen shard power to slow him down. I get to the third part of the battle and I know what I have to do but he keeps getting me.

I'm on level 32 now.. What's some advice for the best way forward?

Fuck on act iv on normal. Trying to beat diablo and I've died about 8x. I've been Breezing through the game until this point and I just can't beat him.

I've added life on hit to my weapon over damage. I'm using the energy armour and the frozen skin thing with my wizard. I use the frozen shard power to slow him down. I get to the third part of the battle and I know what I have to do but he keeps getting me.

after 4 attempts on any boss I drop difficulty or play online-

Sanctuary

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#aPkhRU!ZYd!YccZYZ

Go nuts, and be pretty much invincible later on.

What build are you using, and what difficulty? There's only a difference in experience and MF starting at Master 1. Medium and Hard are just for the extra "challenge" (seems like an oversight). For me, as a Wizard the most difficult part was in the shadow realm or whatever it's called.

Levito

Banned
So for those of you that've played the PC version as well, is there any fundamental difference between the actual story/boss fights or whatever? Is the single player campaign actually different in some way?

Sanctuary

Is the single player campaign actually different in some way?

Doesn't seem like there's any differences at all from what I've noticed. Aside from some the adjustments to crafting and the ridiculous increase in legendary drop rates. Story wise it's identical.

Levito

Banned
Doesn't seem like there's any differences at all from what I've noticed. Aside from some the adjustments to crafting and the ridiculous increase in legendary drop rates. Story wise it's identical.

What about the boss encounters? The Belial fight for example looks like the camera's from a different perspective.

Jrmint

What about the boss encounters? The Belial fight for example looks like the camera's from a different perspective.
Yea the Belial fight has a completely different perspective which looks awesome honestly, but the mechanics are roughly the same. Certain fights have adds now. Belial is one, the Seige beast near the end of A3 has adds now also.

Sanctuary

The camera in general is at a completely different perspective on the console comapred to the PC. As far as the Blelial fight itself? It's just zoomed in too close, and I wouldn't say it's an improvement. That doesn't really have anything to do with the story or game mechanics though (except that in some cases it artificially inflates difficulty because of player blindness).

I did notice that Belial now has adds, but that could have also been implemented on PC at some point. I stopped playing six weeks after release, before all of the patches.

biaxident

It's hard for me to compare the difficulty of the belial fight to the PC version. On both normal and nightmare (easy btw), I destroyed belial in under 15 secs for ps3. PC version, I have memories of pre nerf belial being the biggest SOB on the planet, I died so often it was crazy. Had to spec completely for invulnerability frames, serenity and SSS during green puddle phase. Curious to see how he is now on Master levels on inferno.

Didn't like the occasional screen tearing in the 360 demo. Is this fixed for retail?

No but it's truly not an issue, happens fairly infrequently (on PS3) for me. Then again I'm fucking blind to this kind of thing. It would have to be really offensive for me to get up in arms.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
It's hard for me to compare the difficulty of the belial fight to the PC version. On both normal and nightmare (easy btw), I destroyed belial in under 15 secs for ps3. PC version, I have memories of pre nerf belial being the biggest SOB on the planet, I died so often it was crazy. Had to spec completely for invulnerability frames, serenity and SSS during green puddle phase. Curious to see how he is now on Master levels on inferno.

He's the only boss that still makes me nervous in HC on PC. I have PTSD I think from launch period. I can't dodge his attacks if my life depended on it.

Sanctuary

I feel like Belial casts less of those green circles during that part of the fight.

Possibly. They did seem to be a hell of a lot easier to avoid. Overall though, I can't think of any other boss fight that had those kinds of adjustments. Although it's possible that Azmodan had his puddles of death adjusted too. I can't tell because he always dies too fast. The game in general just feels like easy-mode, and to get it to feel about like pre-nerf Inferno you have to play it on Master 5. Although wearing a mix of trash yellow and blue items might help too. Being decked in almost all legendary items just trivializes the game even more. That was kind of the "end game" on PC, but we are only a week and a day into release and Master 3 is trivial.

It's kind of funny too. Blizzard knew that they screwed up with Inferno and then they nerfed it and added Monster/Master Power. Yet the console version almost feels like an apology for the other problems, yet it's sometimes way too easy. The game would have been better with a middle-ground between the two versions, but I'd still take this version over pre loot 2.0 PC. Nothing ever drops, so you're forced to use the AH, or farm fifty times longer than any sane person would. Yet using the AH defeats the entire point of bothering with the game in the first place.

Hmm, I wasn't aware of the PC nerf, although I'm not surprised. That fight really was the dumbest of them all for me too on PC.

I havn't played the PC version in awhile but I think the siegebreaker boss is different as well? I don't remember those giant worms clinging to the wall popping in and spawning minions during the fight on PC vs console.

biaxident

He's the only boss that still makes me nervous in HC on PC. I have PTSD I think from launch period. I can't dodge his attacks if my life depended on it.

Yeah and every hit was basically a 1 shot way back when. I do like the dodge roll thing for getting out of it, makes it pretty cool.

Sanctuary

I havn't played the PC version in awhile but I think the siegebreaker boss is different as well? I don't remember those giant worms clinging to the wall popping in and spawning minions during the fight on PC vs console.

Me neither, but you can mostly ignore them anyway. I thought it was just something that was added to the PC version too.

I asked this a while back, but is there a big list of differences from the PC version?

I'd like to know just how many moves changed, or how mobs/bosses are different.

I asked this a while back, but is there a big list of differences from the PC version?

I'd like to know just how many moves changed, or how mobs/bosses are different.

The game is slightly streamlined in general. The inventory was completely overhauled and uses slots instead of spaces, so you don't manually move items around anymore.

Some quests were simplified so you don't need to find as many items to complete them.

Skill descriptions, by and large, no longer show specific values anymore. They just say "based on weapon damage" instead of "for xyz damage."

Ricker

Belial on Nightmare with my Witch Doctor is where I stopped playing on PC...so they nerfed him a bit now on PC...? ,can't remember what level I am but I can't beat him...

I think I got a BIS (best in slot) belt for my Barb.

sPOYKRF.jpg

It's unfortunate but I tried playing other classes (60 DH, WD, Monk) but they all feel inferior to whirlwind barbs for efficiency. Barbs are way too good atm compared to the other classes, and knowing it was jay wilson's class makes me Sigh.

I think Blizz overlooked Legendary plans. While all legendaries can scale from 1-60, the plans are level specific still on console and are 100% useless. I hope Blizzard realizes that and makes legendary plans scale to 60 like all legendary drops do.

Lasdrub

Need help: I found a legendary blacksmith plan. I clicked on it in my bag and it disappeared. I assumed that blacksmith could now create the item. I cannot find the item to create it in the blacksmith menus anywhere. Do I need to level the blacksmith up to a certain level for it to show up? How do I create the new item that my blacksmith learned?

Need help: I found a legendary blacksmith plan. I clicked on it in my bag and it disappeared. I assumed that blacksmith could now create the item. I cannot find the item to create it in the blacksmith menus anywhere. Do I need to level the blacksmith up to a certain level for it to show up? How do I create the new item that my blacksmith learned?
Yeah, the Blacksmith has to be a certain level. The item description of the plan told you which one.

Demon Hunter
Barbarian
Monk

Edit: I will be playing with a WD if that matters.

I've got a level 28 Barbarian that is awesome. Very hack n' slash, action-oriented game play.

Then I started the Demon Hunter for a "solo play" character because I only use my Barbarian in co-op and after a little while I found the Demon Hunter to be relatively boring and not very engaging.

So then I went over to the Monk and...YES! It's not unlike the Barbarian in that it's very action-heavy...but it's varied and different and it's a LOT of fun to play (female Monk voice sucks, though).

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I think Blizz overlooked Legendary plans. While all legendaries can scale from 1-60, the plans are level specific still on console and are 100% useless. I hope Blizzard realizes that and makes legendary plans scale to 60 like all legendary drops do.

Ack, not good. At least there's some chance of them fixing it now that they're more pro-crafting

Number45

It's unfortunate but I tried playing other classes (60 DH, WD, Monk) but they all feel inferior to whirlwind barbs for efficiency. Barbs are way too good atm compared to the other classes, and knowing it was jay wilson's class makes me Sigh.
What build are you running WW with out of curiosity? Still levelling at the moment, but I haven't really tried WW at all before.

I love it personally. Smexy. Female monk is my main for that reason. Also roll the female WD for the same reason.

I thought the female Demon Hunter's voice was damn sexy...heck, the whole damn character is. It's just too bad it's boring as shit to play as for the first 10 levels (I'm sure it would get better the more you play it, but I'm far from patient right now with GTA on the horizon).

Sanctuary

I think I got a BIS (best in slot) belt for my Barb.

sPOYKRF.jpg

Those are really nice belts, but I think this is probably the best in slot for a Barbarian:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/immortal-kings-tribal-binding

Gives you something to look forward to.

As a PC player, some of those items and drop rates a re fucking ridiculous.

This is a completely different game.

Agreed. I feel at times the droprate is too much, but who am I kidding? I want to see all of the cool shit that was denied to me on the PC version.

What build are you running WW with out of curiosity? Still levelling at the moment, but I haven't really tried WW at all before.

Dunno what they are playing, but this is one of the most powerful, and more popular WW builds (lvl 60 though):

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#aPkhRU!ZYd!YccZYZ

Zanosuke

Caved in and bought the game (again) today, but this time for the PS3. Played a monk to lvl 8 with a friend and soloed a barb to lvl 10. I really like the control scheme. No legendarys yet but got a few nice rares :)

MrDaravon

Those are really nice belts, but I think this is probably the best in slot for a Barbarian:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/immortal-kings-tribal-binding

Gives you something to look forward to.

Depends on how they changed that for the console version. That Pride of Cassius totally shits on even an ideal roll of an IK's belt on PC. In theory the IK belt will beat it in terms of defensive properties (AR/set bonus and LS), but that Cassius has a goddamn quadfecta, melee reduction AND movement speed. The Cassius specifically has been tossed around by item theorists forever as a potential BiS once they implement the level scaling for Legendaries. On a related note, I'm really curious what kind of rolls the Witching Hour has now.

Edit: Damn, I feel like I'm the only DH in the world in Inferno, but still no Nat items, I want to see what they're like now. I keep getting Inquisitors -_-

Dahbomb

The Pride of Cassius is the ultimate "farming" belt once your DPS is so high that you don't even need that much EHP because you are killing MP10 mobs before they kill you.

I mean quadfecta with god damn movement speed on a BELT?? Fucking ridiculous and what's more ridiculous is that it's a class exclusive item. If it wasn't class exclusive every class would be using it.

Top Bottom