• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

MrDaravon

Just found a Blackthorne's amulet which wasn't an upgrade, but as comparsion you can see the PC stats here, the one I found on console had:

293 dex
10% IAS
463 LoH
18% Life
80% CD
24.3% bleed

Pretty nuts just in terms of the roll changes in comparison.

If playing this local co-op with a buddy, what's the best difficulty to start on? We're both experienced with loot/action games, but not necessarily Diablo. Is this a case where Normal is too easy if you're always playing with someone else?

codecow

I've literally face tanked Belial on all difficulties and on my Inferno run (still on normal) I killed him so fast I got all the challenges done at once.

I killed him with my gimpy ass 10k DPS Wizard on original pre-nerfs PC Inferno, took quite a few tries...

Man nightmare on MP1 sure doesn't mess around. Its much more challenging and I have to play a lot smarter as well. Have died a few times in act 1 and forth first time in ages my wizard feels underpowered.

I am trying the demo right now and I am noticing you cant hear the creature audio lore in real time like the PC version, you have to go to the history section and start the audio but you cant go out that section without cutting off the audio. Also the latinamerican audio is different from the pc version.

MDSLKTR

If it wasn't for gta and the ps4 I'd run and buy the game after trying the demo. So solid. Automatic ps4 day 1 purchase.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got some time to myself and I managed to beat Act IV on Normal. Ended up at level 30 on my Monk. Promptly started Nightmare and decided to up the difficulty from Medium to Master I since I was breezing through on Medium. Not 15 seconds into Act I and I had an Odyn Son drop, which took my damage from 670 to over 1,000. I am definitely keeping this shit on Master I haha.

If anyone wants to join me, PSN: ilnadmy

Dynamic3

Is there a way to cycle targets once you've locked on?

My only other small complaint is that it's sometimes hard to see when a spell is off cooldown. Perhaps flashing the icon would've worked?

foxdvd

my god this drop...

jOwIgqD.jpg

The mojo is solid, but not epic...unless you look at that godly 27% bonus vs elites. Stack that with a stone of jordan and wow!

TehPabz

NK5HSXO.jpg

somebody explain to me i just got this legendary on my barbarian level 28 and i crit for over 20k how is that even remotely possible? lol. It's fucking crazy actually lol.

Dahbomb

NK5HSXO.jpg

somebody explain to me i just got this legendary on my barbarian level 28 and i crit for over 20k how is that even remotely possible? lol. It's fucking crazy actually lol.
Your actual damage is your weapon damage times your strength as a percentage. There should be a number by your character with a sword symbol indicating your DPS. Also you crit on your skills too so you can have like a 200% damage skill which can crit and if you have crit damage that can lead to big numbers very easily.

Lasdrub

If playing this local co-op with a buddy, what's the best difficulty to start on? We're both experienced with loot/action games, but not necessarily Diablo. Is this a case where Normal is too easy if you're always playing with someone else?

Normal was good up until we both got legendary weapons with sockets for rubies and then it became too easy. Towards the end of act 2 for us. You can change it at any time.

Wilsongt

I love playing as Demon Hunter, but he is overly squishy, that's for sure. However, at my current level, Rapid Fire is broken as fuck. I don't remember it being that way on the PC.

Maybe I'll roll out as a wizard next time I turn the game on...

ironcreed

Banned
Just beat normal at level 30. Started getting way too easy, so I'm looking forward to messing around with nightmare. But I kind of want to start another class as well, in addition to continuing with my Demon Hunter. Pure fun.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just beat normal at level 30. Started getting way too easy, so I'm looking forward to messing around with nightmare. But I kind of want to start another class as well, in addition to continuing with my Demon Hunter. Pure fun.

I started playing Nightmare on Master I earlier tonight when I beat Normal and I find that difficulty is perfect. The monsters are challenging enough where you can't faceroll through them, but you have to be careful or you'll die.

Then again I'm playing with a Monk who can basically heal herself on a whim, so it might be harder for DH. Are you playing on PS3? Add me if you wanna party up sometime.

Dahbomb

Rapid Fire was buffed since the early days of PC D3.

Moves that crowd control are a lot more useful than at launch. At launch in higher difficulties enemies were only stunned for a percentage of time. Now they only scale on repeated usage, your first stun/slow has maximum effect. This makes a lot of DH spells viable and strong, like Engangle Shots, Bola Shot that stuns and Caltrops.

But then the game became DPS and farm oriented so those moves fell out of favor yet again. I don't think those moves will be useful again unless there's a PvP or stronger Ubers/bosses.

NK5HSXO.jpg

The tag on your legendary: "Slain enemies rest in pieces" that causes that insane effect.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
:O What does this do?

The killing blow will do tons of damage. Since it's only the killing blow it has no practical effect, but on PC there used to be a glitch where people would use lifesteal with that weapon and that would give them tons of health back since the theoretical damage was huge.

gogosox8

Just picked up today. Rolled a demon hunter and having a ton of fun. Really surprised how well it plays with a controller. I figured it would be a little janky but it feels perfect. Almost as good as playing with k/b and mouse. If anyone feels like doing a little co op, my psn is gogosox82.

koji

I could see the DH as the worst class for Hardcore, but I also feel like the Witch Doctor could be the worst too.

WD is one of the most popular, if not the most popular HC class atm on PC. Spirit Vessel = One Extra Credit, it's even a bit cheesy using it, I use it on my PC HC WD though :lol

If it procs, and it sometimes does, I teleport my ass back to town asap to let it come off cooldown. When it procs it are usually those charging bull elite packs in Fields of Misery.... Dat spike dmg...

I feel like Belial casts less of those green circles during that part of the fight.

That or they are easier to dodge with the controller (faster, more acurate control of your character) and the new camera view during that fight.

Man WD garg and dogs are so much stronger on the console. Mine are tearing up Master 5 :D

Honestly I sound like the WD defense force but that's just how strong the pets are right now since the class overhaul.

my god this drop...

http://i.imgur.com/jOwIgqD.jpg

The mojo is solid, but not epic...unless you look at that godly 27% bonus vs elites. Stack that with a stone of jordan and wow!

Holy shit dat 27% dmg, the dmg roll is "pretty" good as well lol

Raxious

I think I'm gonna return the game today. I enjoyed and would have loved to get the platinum trophy, but grinding for that 5,000,000 gold picked up is gonna be taking way to long.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The killing blow will do tons of damage. Since it's only the killing blow it has no practical effect, but on PC there used to be a glitch where people would use lifesteal with that weapon and that would give them tons of health back since the theoretical damage was huge.
That's crazy! :3

KaYotiX

Banned
I think I'm gonna return the game today. I enjoyed and would have loved to get the platinum trophy, but grinding for that 5,000,000 gold picked up is gonna be taking way to long.

The PC version goes up one more and I think it's 10 million i forget.

And returning a game because of trophies is crazy.

Raxious

You return it because of thropiez wat?

It's not only trophies though, I'm just done. I got through inferno and don't see myself farming Master just for loot. Also, with GTA V coming out next week, I won't be playing D3 at all anymore.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

There's a 10 million and a 100 million gold pickup achievement on PC (The One Percent - gives gold pieces banner accent). Pretty crazy.

Ryhian

Any tips on when (what level) and what gear I should focus on socketing first? I'm a 27 barb and I've read what each gem does, just not sure if I should wait till better gear. Should I focus on life steal or resists?

Dougald

How is the local co-op?

Considering picking this up again even though I ran through the PC version at release, so that I can play with my wife.

glaurung

How is the local co-op?

Considering picking this up again even though I ran through the PC version at release, so that I can play with my wife.
Everything that I have seen and heard, local co-op is excellent. There is some weird automatic pathfinding at work though when your toons on screen get separated. Jeff demonstrated this when they did a quick look video for GiantBomb.

biaxident

Since switching to easy at level 20 or so, I finally died at about 50, was taking on an electrified arcane enchanted group and just stood there thinking rend and my lifesteal would keep me up, got a little too cocky but I hadnt gotten any upgrades in about 2 or 3 levels. Shortly after a few legendaries drop, my dps goes up by about 7k, and i'm back to steam rolling. Sitting at 22.5k dps unbuffed, 31k self buffed (with enchantress out). Haven't seen that crazy OP legendary 1h yet, i'm almost level 57, can't wait to start inferno. I've probably gotten around 20 legendaries total so far, loving it.

CoolZombie

For some reason I got two PS3 codes (UK) for the Infernal Helm inside my box when I got it today, so does anybody want the spare? If someone brought the game pre-owned maybe?

Tom Penny

The console drops are far better than anything I saw in over 100 hours on PC and most of you aren't even in inferno. Congrats on the superior version.

Raide

Haha! Going for Master 1 setting off the bat and died in the village on the first set of Zombies. :D

A very interesting challenge but it seems more built around ranged classes.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

That's crazy! :3

You take a monk with exploding palm and a Sever, and then a demon hunter with grim reaper, and then you watch everything die.

Robin64

Game's been freezing a lot for me lately, usually where it's trying to stream something from the BRD. The disc is immaculate though, nothing wrong there. I have one of those 500GB super slim PS3s. Kind of a bummer. :\

Fularu

Banned
Caved in and bought the 360 version.

Lvl 13 barb and on my way to get the staff (just killed the spider boss)

No legs so far :/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Game's been freezing a lot for me lately, usually where it's trying to stream something from the BRD. The disc is immaculate though, nothing wrong there. I have one of those 500GB super slim PS3s. Kind of a bummer. :\
That sucks :( Anyone else having the same problems?

Are you having freezes, as in the game stops for a couple of seconds and then keeps running fine? Or do you mean you have to restart the console?

Robin64

That sucks :( Anyone else having the same problems?

Are you having freezes, as in the game stops for a couple of seconds and then keeps running fine? Or do you mean you have to restart the console?

Total freeze. Even the controller won't bring up a menu when holding the home button.

Note that also no other games are doing this. :(

Top Bottom