• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

bill0527

Game's been freezing a lot for me lately, usually where it's trying to stream something from the BRD. The disc is immaculate though, nothing wrong there. I have one of those 500GB super slim PS3s. Kind of a bummer. :

I've had the game freeze on me twice since launch day. PS3 digital version, so mines not a BRD problem. Both times it's happened has been after I load up the game and right after the character select screen when it tries to load the first level. It gets stuck at the Diablo III splash screen with the little red loading diamonds they just keep loading and loading and those damn diamonds keep moving and staring me like its a damn cyclon or KIT from Knight Rider. I reboot the game and then it loads fine.

biaxident

That sucks :( Anyone else having the same problems?

Are you having freezes, as in the game stops for a couple of seconds and then keeps running fine? Or do you mean you have to restart the console?

Had this happen once so far, had to shut off console and everything.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Total freeze. Even the controller won't bring up a menu when holding the home button.

Note that also no other games are doing this. :(
God damn, that sucks... try deleting the game data (not save data)?

I've only had one complete freeze almost when I first started playing it, pretty sure it was probably my fault for skipping all the dialogue and skipping cutscenes while also teleporting to town during all of it.

Hasn't locked up again - I do have screen freezes for about a second where the game is still doing it's thing but the screen doesn't change briefly. Doesn't happen often enough to make me pissed off or anything just annoying it tends to be when I teleport in to kill elites.

I had two freezes since launch. Had not lost any significant progress, but it's been pretty scary anyway. I definitely don't like that the game wont install any data and constantly streams from the disc. That's just asking for trouble knowing my luck with BluRay drives.

Raide

No major tech issues on the 360 version that I have noticed. The only odd thing is sometimes the text box cuts of the last line if words if its too long. :D

When I started using the demon hunter I was thinking, "man, this guy sucks, slow rate of fire, etc" I stuck with it....

Then I discovered dual wielding crossbows + rapid fire. Holy shit. Awesome.

Returners

That sucks :( Anyone else having the same problems?

Are you having freezes, as in the game stops for a couple of seconds and then keeps running fine? Or do you mean you have to restart the console?

My audio track is sometimes a couple of seconds behind the subtitles. That's when I hear the BD spinning HARD. 500GB super slim.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Haha! Going for Master 1 setting off the bat and died in the village on the first set of Zombies. :D

A very interesting challenge but it seems more built around ranged classes.

Yeah I think you might need some good gear for Master I, so starting a new game on that setting probably isn't a great idea. I started my Nightmare playthrough on Master I and I find the challenge to be exactly right.

paolo11

I got a 999 dmg 1 handed legendary sword called Sever and a blue axe that has 1023 dmg and I just finished hell. I'm at level 60. Would I get a more powerful one handed legendary?

Also, since I started Inferno, is the IK set or Mempo hard to find?

Raide

Yeah I think you might need some good gear for Master I, so starting a new game on that setting probably isn't a great idea. I started my Nightmare playthrough on Master I and I find the challenge to be exactly right.

It feels like Nightmare right off the bat. 1 or 2 hits and you're nearly dead! :D

Having some gear ready really does help but the exp bonus gets you leveling pretty quickly.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I got a 999 dmg 1 handed legendary sword called Sever and a blue axe that has 1023 dmg and I just finished hell. I'm at level 60. Would I get a more powerful one handed legendary?
There are MUCH more powerful 1H weapons in the game :3 Keep playing!

EagleEyes

Haven't really checked too far back in this thread but can anyone answer to how bad the screen tearing is in the 360 version? I'm on my way to gamestop to trade a few games in and was thinking about grabbing Diablo III.

Raide

Haven't really checked too far back in this thread but can anyone answer to how bad the screen tearing is in the 360 version? I'm on my way to gamestop to trade a few games in and was thinking about grabbing Diablo III.

Honestly I have not really noticed it. I am concentrating on punching monsters and stealing their loot, that I have no time to see what else happens. :D

BFIB

I'm at level 23 now, and once I hit around level 20, legendary items started dropping like mad.

Up to 6 already! Man, I am loving this game.

I dropped the Mac version back in the day after repeatedly dying somewhere in Act 3 Hell and not feeling like playing the auction game. Now, on PS3, I roflstomped Diablo on Inferno/Master I with my wizard and had a blast. Much, much better.

The ubersomething ring looks like a nice thing to have when leveling other characters, but the grind for the parts sounds a bit daunting. I've already gathered enough keys and plans for one machine, so maybe I'll check how that goes.

eliochip

I got like 5 legendary bow weapons. 2 of them are like the same weapon.

I just want a new pair of pants man. Hate these farting legendary pants but the stats are too amazing to let it go

pmj

Any way of undoing a purchase from a store? I keep accidentally buying stuff when I only mean to navigate the menus, this time wasting 7 out of my 8 thousand gold.

Any way of undoing a purchase from a store? I keep accidentally buying stuff when I only mean to navigate the menus, this time wasting 7 out of my 8 thousand gold.

I couldn't find one but don't worry about it, eventually you will get drops of 2k+ piles of gold.

I've had the game freeze on me twice since launch day. PS3 digital version, so mines not a BRD problem. Both times it's happened has been after I load up the game and right after the character select screen when it tries to load the first level. It gets stuck at the Diablo III splash screen with the little red loading diamonds they just keep loading and loading and those damn diamonds keep moving and staring me like its a damn cyclon or KIT from Knight Rider. I reboot the game and then it loads fine.

I have also experienced this

paolo11

Are Mempo and IK set hard to find/farm? It's only in Inferno, right?

After you beat Inferno, do you replay to Act 1?

Are Mempo and IK set hard to find/farm? It's only in Inferno, right?

After you beat Inferno, do you replay to Act 1?

Once you beat inferno, you farm any act you are confortable to get more loot. Push master up and farm the keys to craft infernal machines (assuming its in the console version) or the staff of herring to acess the cow level

koji

I had two freezes since launch. Had not lost any significant progress, but it's been pretty scary anyway. I definitely don't like that the game wont install any data and constantly streams from the disc. That's just asking for trouble knowing my luck with BluRay drives.

Yeah I eventually bought it a second time from the store to be able to play it from my HD...
I'm going to trade the BD one in though, or sell it 2nd hand, whatever, need to go and do it fast...

So that's 4 Diablo 3 purchases so far, the sealed CE, the digital PC version, the BD PS3 version and the PSN one... I'm such a sucker. And I'll end up buying it on PS4 again, man... And the expansions, whaaaaaaaa

paolo11

Once you beat inferno, you farm any act you are confortable to get more loot. Push master up and farm the keys to craft infernal machines (assuming its in the console version) or the staff of herring to acess the cow level

I'm a noob. What is an infernal machine? Also, do you get good drops at the secret level?

I'm a noob. What is an infernal machine? Also, do you get good drops at the secret level?

on pc, in inferno, on there are 4 unique Key Warden that spawn in 4 zones. If you beat them, you will have a chance to drop a key (one key for act 1, 2 and 3. Last one, in act 4, drop the plan to craft the infernal machine)

the higher your master is, the more chance you will have to get one key.

With 3 keys, you craft one infernal machine that open portal in the town of act one. It will teleport you to an arena were two boss can be fought at once with special affixes for extra challenges and loots.

Bosses are:
Magda and Squeletton King,
Khule and Siege Breaker
Ghom and the second boss of act 4 (i forgot his name) that teleport on you to one shot you)

each battle have a drop rate for a special craft piece (just like keys with key wardens) and once you have all 3 items you can craft a Hellfire ring of the primary affix of your choice.

hellfire-ring1.png

it can be pretty amazing.

I have no idea if this is on console.

Edit : it's best to save 3 infernal machines to open all portal one after each other on the same run because you will have you 5 nephalem stacks up and ready for better loot and you will increase your drop chances for both Keys and Crafts

I bought D3 on PC back when it was $10 at Toys R' Us, but I never got very far due to other games and all the negative feedback. Now the console version is out and I spent the last two nights playing the demos on both PS3 and 360. I find I greatly prefer the direct-control to click-click-click, and the console versions both appear to be very well done.

That being said, I was wondering if there was a head-to-head on this title. I felt like the 360 version may have been slightly smoother, and I felt the sound MIX (not quality!) was better on 360 as well. I could barely hear the music on PS3, and that was after I maxed out the music volume and lowered everything else. I didn't look but I'm playing both through a 6.1 receiver and I assume the PS3 one was using PCM multi-channel. Anyone else have trouble getting the mix right on PS3?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I bought D3 on PC back when it was $10 at Toys R' Us, but I never got very far due to other games and all the negative feedback. Now the console version is out and I spent the last two nights playing the demos on both PS3 and 360. I find I greatly prefer the direct-control to click-click-click, and the console versions both appear to be very well done.

That being said, I was wondering if there was a head-to-head on this title. I felt like the 360 version may have been slightly smoother, and I felt the sound MIX (not quality!) was better on 360 as well. I could barely hear the music on PS3, and that was after I maxed out the music volume and lowered everything else. I didn't look but I'm playing both through a 6.1 receiver and I assume the PS3 one was using PCM multi-channel. Anyone else have trouble getting the mix right on PS3?

There's a Digital Foundry comparison. 360 edges out PS3 on framerate and screen tearing. I'm playing on PS3 and it's been a fantastic experience, so I'd suggest picking it up on whichever console you have more friends to play with.

pixlexic

Banned
I am so ashamed .. I just can not play the console version after playing the PC for so long. I am just too use to the graphics , controls , and frame rate of the PC version.

so I am just hoping the expansion delivers.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Ok got to skeleton king in nightmare mp1. No chance. I did ZERO damage to him. Back to normal now and it's a lot more manageable.

It wasn't too bad for me, but it did take me around 5 minutes to bring him down solo. You just have to be very good about avoiding his attacks. I like it because it feels like an old school boss fight where you have to recognize patterns and work on your timing.

Number45

I am so ashamed .. I just can not play the console version after playing the PC for so long. I am just too use to the graphics , controls , and frame rate of the PC version.

so I am just hoping the expansion delivers.
What do you want from the console version? If it's primarily those things then I'm sure it'll deliver what you want.

Raide

I love the console version but it just lacks the graphical look of the PC version...thats why I think the PS4/Xbox One version +graphics upgrades + Expansion pack will be the best versions of the game.

Amazing that Blizzard have ignored the console market for so long and it actually works better on the console than PC.

Raide

Been meaning to ask does this game have difficulty exclusive enemies or do they just have more health and hit harder?

You get special monsters will special suffixes under their name that do different things. For instance, Waller type will generate magic walls to block you in. The combination is random, as well as the spawning.

ShogunX

You get special monsters will special suffixes under their name that do different things. For instance, Waller type will generate magic walls to block you in. The combination is random, as well as the spawning.

Sounds cool. I liked how in Borderlands a lot of new enemies would appear after the initial play through.

Jrmint

Some of the later combo's can be utterly brutal. :D Especially on the harder difficulties/
There's some tough combos for sure, but not nearly as hard as PC version. Inferno still has only 3 affixes on console, 4 on PC.

Frozen, Arcane, Molten, Plagued says hi.

Not that I'm complaining, console is a blast while waiting for RoS.

Number45

Some of the later combo's can be utterly brutal. :D Especially on the harder difficulties/
My favourites are the mobs that have an affix as a part of their normal setup (mortar Lacuni in act 2 for example), so can have even more! D:

(Disclaimer: Not sure if that is still the case on the console version)

Bread

Banned
what primary skill(s) arr you monks using? ive been using the first one with the teleport rune basically all through my playtime.

it's pretty much the only one to use. most effective by a good margin.

a combination strike build utilizes buffs from the other primaries but isn't the highest DPS. something different to try though. you guys have do have elective mode enabled in the options, right? that will allow you to assign skills to any button.

I got trolled last night on an Echoing Fury drop that had 1420 dps, 250+ STR and VIT and life steal, but no socket..........I had already found one with a socket, but it rolled 1300 dps, DEX and INT (I'm a barb) and no LS :(

Raide

what primary skill(s) arr you monks using? ive been using the first one with the teleport rune basically all through my playtime.

You will find yourself swapping between all the main skills as you try new weapons. The Teleport punch is a firm favorite for me just for mobility means. You can combo in Crippling Wave to lower their attack and speed and then swap to Fist of Teleport.

Personally its the Exploding Palm and Wave of Light that I love. That huge bell comes down and you kick it right at stuff. :D

You will find yourself swapping between all the main skills as you try new weapons. The Teleport punch is a firm favorite for me just for mobility means. You can combo in Crippling Wave to lower their attack and speed and then swap to Fist of Teleport.

Personally its the Exploding Palm and Wave of Light that I love. That huge bell comes down and you kick it right at stuff. :D

a buddy loves playing with me when I'm using bells. he will laugh randomly and just be like holy shit dem bells.

Top Bottom