• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

I've crafted half my gear, along with weapons for my companions.

Crafting is great here. You have a much better chance of getting something appropriate for your class. So teach him what he needs to know, and craft em when you reach that level. 99% of the time its a pretty decent upgrade.

MrDaravon

Yeah, I've also had pretty good success with crafting better items, especially on the way to 60.

Once you hit 60 though most of the gear probably isn't worth it, but the craftable archon gloves/bracers/shoulders are all pretty much best in slot (although that may be a bit different on console now). Same thing with the craftable amulet and hellfire ring, but those have higher requirements.

Sanctuary

I've crafted half my gear, along with weapons for my companions.

Crafting is great here. You have a much better chance of getting something appropriate for your class. So teach him what he needs to know, and craft em when you reach that level. 99% of the time its a pretty decent upgrade.

Unless you're just lucky with drops. Almost every single item I've crafted was a downgrade from what I was wearing. The only thing that I have on that I can actually get a real upgrade on are my pants...that I've been wearing for an eternity, yet the smith refuses to craft anything better, and I have the best leg plans.

Yeah, I've also had pretty good success with crafting better items, especially on the way to 60.

Once you hit 60 though most of the gear probably isn't worth it, but the craftable archon gloves/bracers/shoulders are all pretty much best in slot (although that may be a bit different on console now). Same thing with the craftable amulet and hellfire ring, but those have higher requirements.

That's exactly it. I didn't bother crafting while leveling up, because I had no reason to. I had a bunch of MF items, or runspeed items and there wasn't any reason to try to replace them when the crafting materials at that point were somewhat scarce. Plus, it was like every time my curent weapon was showing its age, the game said "Here, have a huge upgrade" and would drop another legendary. Once you hit 60, the game becomes a loot pinata and you'll be lucky to ever craft an upgrade. I wasn't really counting the Hellfire ring, but I guess that makes two items I'm wearing that were crafted.

MrDaravon

Unless you're just lucky with drops. Almost every single item I've crafted was a downgrade from what I was wearing. The only thing that I have on that I can actually get a real upgrade on are my pants...that I've been wearing for an eternity, yet the smith refuses to craft anything better, and I have the best leg plans.

That's exactly it. I didn't bother crafting while leveling up, because I had no reason to. I had a bunch of MF items, or runspeed items and there wasn't any reason to try to replace them when the crafting materials at that point were somewhat scarce. Plus, it was like every time my curent weapon was showing its age, the game said "Here, have a huge upgrade" and would drop another legendary. Once you hit 60, the game becomes a loot pinata and you'll be lucky to ever craft an upgrade. I wasn't really counting the Hellfire ring, but I guess that makes two items I'm wearing that were crafted.

Well on my way to 60 I knew money ultimately wasn't going to be a big deal, so I was salvaging everything and crafting upgrades, hard to say if I got lucky there or not. Pants are definitely not a good crafting slot at 60, but once you find the plans for the Archon stuff it's hard to argue with the shoulders/gloves/bracers. It's relatively easy to get primary stat + vit + AR + other rolls on them, especially the bracers and shoulders (since they have relatively fewer rolls). Also there's not really any other money sinks in the console version with no AH, so why the fuck not if anything else. I definitely wouldn't both with crafting pants though for sure.

Edit: I just found a quiver that has 11% crit chance LOL

Sanctuary

Haha, oh my god. I just reinstalled PC D3 just to see what my stats were like on my other characters. My Wizard had 35k DPS and my Demon Hunter 60k (this was within the first six weeks or so). My console Wizard in one week has 339k.

smr00

Banned
Haha, oh my god. I just reinstalled PC D3 just to see what my stats were like on my other characters. My Wizard had 35k DPS and my Demon Hunter 60k (this was within the first six weeks or so). My console Wizard in one week has 339k.
My console Wizard has double the DMG and resist and i can still barely do MP1 inferno on console where as my PC Wizard can do MP2-MP3.

Don't know what the fuck is going on.

nowai

That sucks :( Anyone else having the same problems?

Are you having freezes, as in the game stops for a couple of seconds and then keeps running fine? Or do you mean you have to restart the console?

I've had a number of freezes. Usually when I have four player local co-op game going and a WD in the group. Lost a legendary blacksmith plan last night because of it.

80GB MGS4 bundle fat PS3 with a 500GB replacement HDD and digital PSN version of the game.

No other game freezes, not even TLoU.

Sanctuary

My console Wizard has double the DMG and resist and i can still barely do MP1 inferno on console where as my PC Wizard can do MP2-MP3.

Don't know what the fuck is going on.

Isn't it:
MP0 = Easy
MP1 = Medium
MP3 = Hard
MP4 = Console MP1 or some crap?

MrDaravon

Still no Nat items, you're fucking killing me Blizzard.

I'm getting insane numbers of legendary rings and amulets, but mostly ones that are not good (mostly lower leveled ones that are now scaled to 60). Also still haven't seen a single legendary gloves or shoulders. Dying to see what some of the Nat rolls can be now, haven't seen any of them around yet.

Sanctuary

Templar: Do you believe in an afterlife?
Me: My studies would indicate differently (as we proceed to kill zombies/corpses, animated skeletons and ghosts in a cemetery).

So the initial hype has worn off, I now realize that the sound gets really bad on PS3 when there's alot going on, sometimes it doesn't even play my weapon hit sounds which really lowers the fun.

The lag also ranges from annoying to unplayable when I'm not host, went back to the PC version for the night.

ShogunX

Joined a guy and helped him beat Belial, afterwards i asked if he had any spare Topaz I could have and instead he offered me 50x of Tome of Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting and 50x page of Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting. I need them but declined and left, surely these had been obtained through modification?

Playing on the ps3 with my girlfriend all week......it's insanely addictive. So much so, we both took half days tomorrow to come home and start playing by 12:30! We have found so far that a few adult beverages and diablo go quite well together.anybody have any suggestions for great diablo themed drinks for us to enjoy tomorrow during our marathon session!?!?? Happy looting!

KingPhizzle

Neo Member
Playing on the ps3 with my girlfriend all week......it's insanely addictive. So much so, we both took half days tomorrow to come home and start playing by 12:30! We have found so far that a few adult beverages and diablo go quite well together.anybody have any suggestions for great diablo themed drinks for us to enjoy tomorrow during our marathon session!?!?? Happy looting!

I thought me and my girlfriend were the only ones. She doesn't even like games that much (she's an anime person) but we are having a blast together.

Justin

Has anyone confirmed what paragon bonuses apply towards your other characters?

Edit: Just did a quick search and it looks like only the GF & MF not the stats.

Valnen

The Game Director has said, in multiple interviews, the expansion will release only on PC. It is currently all they're developing it for. My guess is the console expansion will come out 6-12 months later.

Yeah...I'll be holding off on the console versions. That kind of delay really isn't okay with me.

Sanctuary

Has anyone confirmed what paragon bonuses apply towards your other characters?

Edit: Just did a quick search and it looks like only the GF & MF not the stats.

The stats do carry over. My level 1 Softcore Barbarian has way higher stats (Paragon 20) compared to a level 1 Hardcore Barbarian.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm seeing this game here and there for much cheaper than $60 nowadays (like $40). I live in Sweden. Regular gaming stores (GAME, Gamestop) are still selling them expensive though.

Edgeward

Played the demo and very pleased with how smooth the framerate was on ps3. Can't wait to see it on PS4 and use remote play. Playing a ranged character on a controller felt nice and comfortable to me, something I never found with kb/m. Had to stop early in the demo because I didn't want to be tempted into buying it right then and there.

koji

So does NDE not work in Hardcore?

Also, how outdated is this?

http://diablo.somepage.com/info/paragon-distribution#paragon

AFAIK NDE works just fine yeah.

It's probably still quite accurate but I had the feeling WD was flavor of the month while ago on PC HC. Certainly judging by the prices of the WD gear on the HC AH...

Yeah on console. my monk on console shits on my pc one. I don't rememeber my numbers for my pc monk though. A couple hundred hours worth of play time. Crazy how different the games are.

It's crazy indeed, I love the console version but it's also a bit of a slap in the face for the people who have been playing on PC for hundreds of hours and getting nothing but shit loot. We could have been doing this all along but someone over at Blizzard decided against it.

It's a different game alltogether though.

Made DH tonight, which I leveled up to act 3, using my barb as the booster. Crafted Cain's set for nifty +xp also. Although, still missing Dex Hellfire Ring and my toon would be complete for boosting.

Feels like it's best to keep the difficulty on easy, so you won't have to hit triangle/y all the time on the second controller to resurrect your alt.

Uh, you can do this? Create a new toon on the same PSN account and have him log in in splitscreen coop and powerlvl it? Mind blown. I have two PS3s, shame there is no way to put a character on follow, maybe train my 9month old daughter to use the dualshock! (A+ parenting skills)

So I just killed Diablo for the first time and am level 31. What is the strat to get to 60 as fast as possible so I can begin my real farming?

Run through the game like others said, just go from objective to objective and don't stray too much. Put a ruby (+exp) in your helmet and try to stack +exp per kill on your gear.

Oh wow the mob density on consoles is pretty awful, Fields of Misery is pretty empty and I went into Decaying Crypts and there's like nothing there.

Yeah, and it really hurts specific builds that are powerful on the PC (Archon/Wrath of the Berserker), although the Barbarian is hurt much less than the Wizard by this.

Is that on Master 1 guys? Is there a thing like increased mob density when activating monster power/difficulty on console? On PC once you set the game on MP1 you have increased density.

So I'm just about to fight the Skeleton King and bam, "You've reached the mass level in the demo"

I want to buy it but I don't want to spend $60 on a "year old" game

It really is a "different" game, using the same maps though :)

Played inferno act 1 for weeks on PC with around 12k dmg, now people have 90k dmg in the first week an hour after hitting inferno. Shit.

Long ass post, sorry.

Mentok

Banned
Just finished the demo and had lots of fun! Great length compared to a lot of other games out there. I also appreciated that the demo takes place at the beginning of the game, unlike a lot of other rpg games that throw you in the middle of the story.

Sanctuary

Not at launch which is what he is probably referring to.

Yeah, that was even specified with the parentheses.

Anyway, I was planning on seeing just how broken I could make a level 1 Barbarian by waiting until my Wizard was at least Paragon 80 and I had two or three Marquise rubies, but I couldn't wait. I ended up rolling a pretty great STR Hellfire ring that also had 34-65 damage, +248 life per second and 18% MF. My level 3 Barbarian has 560 dps and I can't even use the socketed weapons yet. It took me four hits to kill Captain Daltyn on Master V. Every white enemy dies in a single hit.

Valnen

Just finished the demo and had lots of fun! Great length compared to a lot of other games out there. I also appreciated that the demo takes place at the beginning of the game, unlike a lot of other rpg games that throw you in the middle of the story.

I'm a little disappointed that it's a bit more restricted than the PC starter edition.

Ushae

Banned
I know this has probably been asked a thousand times but is this coming to XB1? What about the expansion pack for next gen platforms?

Number45

I know this has probably been asked a thousand times but is this coming to XB1? What about the expansion pack for next gen platforms?
Asked and answered. XB1, nothing official (but likely, in my opinion) and Blizzard isn't talking about the expansion for anything other than PC at the moment.

They need to massage the PC crowd at the moment though, I'm sure the expansion will come to the consoles (at this point I'm assuming it's doing well).

DragonNC

Asked and answered. XB1, nothing official (but likely, in my opinion) and Blizzard isn't talking about the expansion for anything other than PC at the moment.

They need to massage the PC crowd at the moment though, I'm sure the expansion will come to the consoles (at this point I'm assuming it's doing well).

I think expansion will be available on XBOX1/PS4/PS3 & xbox 360

I thought me and my girlfriend were the only ones. She doesn't even like games that much (she's an anime person) but we are having a blast together.

Yea man, not alone. This game is perfect for couch co-op with the girlfriend. She is pretty much always down to try co-op games with me, sometimes the results are better than others. But this game definitely struck a chord with her!

paolo11

Started inferno and got a sword 2 handed called Magnimus or sumthn that deals 1545 dmg and summons a demon while attacking.

I also got an IK head gear and an Innas Daibo that deals 1350 damage. I wanna trade the Daibo for sumthin though since I'm using a Barn.

Curufinwe

My wife and I got out first legendaries at level 18. I got a great one handed axe that sometimes summons a ghostly warrior to fight alongside us. She got a really nice piece of armor.

I really wish we could both look at out inventories at the same time, though. I end up having to kill time on twitter while she's fiddling with her stuff.

Deband

I just got this a few days ago and I'm quite happy for the time being just plodding along with single player. I am wondering how the online works with different levels? Do people just race through PSO style and grab all the loot?

biaxident

Got 2 legendary 1h weapons, each at around 1k dps at level 57, my dps skyrocketed. God I love this, so much more fun. I do wish Blizzard would address the normal and hard difficulties by adding the increase xp/mf/gf. Just read those ROS leaks, expansion is looking pretty epic, having it on the ps4 would be perfect, but if i have to wait, this might turn into a quadruple dip? Jeez, blizz knows me so well...

Top Bottom