• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

Sanctuary

In either case you may want to consider going back to farm some tomes of jewelcrafting assuming that you've been picking up square jewels still in Inferno; I just spent literally 30 minutes farming Hell Master II and picked up enough tomes to make like 35 flawless square rubies and I'm currently working on a Marquise Ruby.

I have no more rubies to combine yet. All of them have been combined as far as possible, and I already spent a good three hours farming the Hell stuff in the previous days. Thankfully I can actually play the game for a while before having to go back to that crap. But since I'm taking a break from the Wizard right now and leveling up the Barbarian, I'll probably see enough tomes drop on my journey through Hell that I won't actually need to go back and farm them.

Vodh

Thanks for the demo Blizzard, I no longer have any desire to buy it on PS3.

Will keep playing on PC, I actually love the game ;p

i played a tiny, tiny bit of D1 and D2 when they were released and never got into them cause i thought they were too much of a F-key / mouse click fest. feels a lot better with a controller.

having a rudimentary combo/combat system is a lot better than what's going on in a game like torchlight 2 too (a class like outlander just spams glaives and cursed daggers and can wipe out mobs on even the harder difficulties). think i'll pick it up when it hits $40.

Act I complete! My Legendary pick-ups so far:
DM1.png~original

Act1.png~original

Act1-2.png~original

Can't wait to get more Legendary loot!

Sanctuary

Is the movement speed cap higher in the console version?

Nope, 25%.

at what levels do you move on to other difficulties

I'm not actually sure if Normal, Nightmare and Hard have level requirements, but you have to be 60 for Inferno. If you're asking for suggestions, 30 - 35 to move to Nightmare, 46 - 50 for Hell if there's no requirement.

Marvelous

Really enjoyed the demo, but I'm not sure if I want to buy the game just yet. Might wait for a small price drop.

...Then again, I dunno, lol. Could just get it tomorrow at Gamestop. @.@

Number45

So I managed to co-ordinate my 60 ding with handing in the final quest of the game! ^_^

I love the way the barbarian looks with a shield so I've been stubbornly hanging onto that throughout my runs. Then at 58 I got a 1k+ 2-hander so took the plunge... and before I hit 60 I got TWO 1k+ single handers so now I'm dual wielding like a boss!

That's without having set foot in inferno yet. I also have a nice set chest piece with three sockets, which is my first set piece in hundreds of hours across PC and now PS3.

I fucking adore this game. I really hope this all carries over to the eventual PS4 version, and that the expansion comes along with it.

Come on, take my money Blizzard! <3

I'm not actually sure if Normal, Nightmare and Hard have level requirements, but you have to be 60 for Inferno. If you're asking for suggestions, 30 - 35 to move to Nightmare, 46 - 50 for Hell if there's no requirement.
Nightmare is 25, Hell 50.

Sanctuary

Nightmare is 25, Hell 50.

I have no idea why I included Normal. Good to know on the level reqs, but I honestly never paid attention since I was already always beyond them by simply playing. Until I finished Act 4 Hell at 58 anyway. There were no requirements in D2, although people typically waited until X level anyway. Unless they weren't playing, and were just being carried to Hell of course.

Helscream

Banned
Alright Neogaf I going to have to ask for some help here. I have a Barbarian I have been playing lately on Inferno (Master 1 Difficulty) and I was trying the PC technique to farm the plans for the Archon gear by killing Ghom. I have bought the plans for the chestpiece. I have found the plans for the gauntlets, spaulders, and bracers (razorspikes).

For the life of me I have cannot get the plans for the Helm, Leggins, or Boots. So far I have really only farmed on Act 3 and 4. So I am thinking maybe I need to hit up Act 1 and 2 to see if it yields me any other results.

What I would like to know if anyone on the PS3 version would have to have a spare plans book for Archon Helm, Boots, Leggins of strength or vitality. If you are in possession of this item and to make a trade for it please specify what item you would like in exchange for the plans. If anyone has wants to trade me for these plans my PSN name is Helscream.

paolo11

I got a Mempo with crit and dex willing to trade however what I need is another Mempo with crit and str. Can you help if possible? Gt paolo11.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
So for people who played the PC version to death and then played this one...does it feel like the problems everyone had with the RMAH throwing the game off are aliviated with this version? Is there still shit to complain about?

So for people who played the PC version to death and then played this one...does it feel like the problems everyone had with the RMAH throwing the game off are aliviated with this version? Is there still shit to complain about?

Not that many people have used the RMAH in a long time...
The loot dropping for my class and actualyl being upgrades is the best change for console. And I think it actually controls better on a controller than kb and mouse. I also have 2k+ hours on PC.

Alright Neogaf I going to have to ask for some help here. I have a Barbarian I have been playing lately on Inferno (Master 1 Difficulty) and I was trying the PC technique to farm the plans for the Archon gear by killing Ghom. I have bought the plans for the chestpiece. I have found the plans for the gauntlets, spaulders, and bracers (razorspikes).

For the life of me I have cannot get the plans for the Helm, Leggins, or Boots. So far I have really only farmed on Act 3 and 4. So I am thinking maybe I need to hit up Act 1 and 2 to see if it yields me any other results.

What I would like to know if anyone on the PS3 version would have to have a spare plans book for Archon Helm, Boots, Leggins of strength or vitality. If you are in possession of this item and to make a trade for it please specify what item you would like in exchange for the plans. If anyone has wants to trade me for these plans my PSN name is Helscream.
Thats because there aren't any archon helm\boots\legs plans.

Sanctuary

I've been having a lot of fun with the console version, but it's not going to have the lasting power of say, Diablo 2, or even the PC Diablo 3 with the expansion (even when that comes to the console) for a few reasons. Mostly, multiplayer is essentially dead unless you play on the easier(est) difficulties and as awful as the useful item droprate is/was with the PC version, practically everything your class needs will fall from the sky when you really need it. In nine days I've had over 100 legendaries drop. Yeah, that's realistic.

The monster density is drastically reduced on the console as well, which takes away much of the visceralness and the perspective is both somewhat improved, yet at the same time much worse for many fights. I do however love playing with a controller, even though you can't do with it what you can do with a mouse. It's usually worth the tradeoff.

Right now, just to see how quickly I could break the game I decided to start a Barbarian with items that dropped previously. I'm currently playing on the hardest difficulty with no problems, and I'm at +300% XP, (a freaking Leoric's ring for my level just dropped too since my other was lvl 60) +225% MF, 60% damage reduction and 4k DPS at level 24.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Is the console version easier than the PC? Because I've been trying to beat the Skeleton King in the demo on normal, and I'm getting my ass handed back to me.

Marvelous

Had a nice little online demo session with a person on my buddy list. The Skeleton King bodied us a lot on Hard mode but we eventually defeated it. XD

Still not sure if I actually want to buy the game, though. It's fun for now, but it does seem like it can get real old real fast. (For me, at least. I know everyone is not the same. :p)

Saganator

I knew my 2h weapon was showing its age, but holy shit this dagger is fun. Massive DPS upgrade, I'm pretty sure I was well into Inferno on PC before I ever found something close to this thing. Only problem is I can't find another 1h'er that is even close to it in DPS, whatever I equip with it drops my DPS.

NT5R9rO.jpg

Seik

Banned
Just finished act III and almost lvl 30. Got some good loot against Azmodan so I think I'm ready for what's next. :p

Damaniel

Banned
Finally wrapped up Inferno with my Barb, something I never managed to do in my PC days. I was playing it on Normal, but with 112k DPS it was less playing and more facerolling. I took out Azmodan in less than 15 seconds and I spent more time skipping through the cutscenes in the Diablo fight than I did beating him up. I also snagged one of the Infernal Machine keys from the Keywarden in the Silver Spire.

After I was done, I bumped the difficulty up to Master II and spent some time in Act III - that's about all I think I can manage for now with my gear. I'm only Paragon level 3, so I've got a long ways to go....

V_Arnold

Is there any advantage of going dual wield with the barb instead of taking a shield in the off hand?

+15% attack speed is the default bonus for DW.
Other than that, simply compare the stats of the shield and the weapon.
But in lategame, the fact that you can insert +crit damage into the weapon and no such thing exists for shields make the dw superior to 1h+shield.

Is there any advantage of going dual wield with the barb instead of taking a shield in the off hand?

I was dual-wielding pretty much the entire game. Rarely did I find that having a shield provided better DPS.

Some shields, though, are great for boosting strength and DPS, and actually give you a high blocking rate.

It's all a balancing act, really. Trying various combinations of items to see what works best for you.

I'm a total newb at this whole thing, so take that for what it's worth.

Bittercup

My game finally arrived and suddenly I'm in act 3. I played it for most of the time I could over the last two days. Such an amazing and fun game.
And 10 legendaries so far plus 2 legendary plans for the blacksmith. I like the droprate :D

bidguy

Banned
can you play the whole act 1 in the 360/ps3 demo ? wanted to pick this up but im worried about the playtime. loved the demo so whats the average playtime on normal ?

Bittercup

The demo is until the skeleton king fight? That's probably around 1/3 of the first act.
And the game is designed to be played in higher difficulty modes afterwards. You won't reach max level at the end of normal and you can still level up in nightmare and hell. No need to be worried about playtime :)

Number45

can you play the whole act 1 in the 360/ps3 demo ? wanted to pick this up but im worried about the playtime. loved the demo so whats the average playtime on normal ?
Up to the Skeleton King, which is a little under halfway. First play through I'd say expect around 12-15 hours, maybe more if you want to be thorough.

Are legendary plans for the blacksmith random drops from any difficulty? I'm playing on normal right now and up to Act II - no plans have dropped yet!
I didn't get plans of any type until late in Hell, act III onwards.

koji

If you plan on only doing one playthrough on normal for the campaign/story, I wouldn't buy it, it's still longer like your average console campaign though, probably around 10-12hours for a new player, or even longer.

Friend of mine was super dissapointed with the game after doing a normal playthrough on PC, he didn't bother lvling up to 60 and wasn't interested in "playing the same maps" again. That kinda is the whole deal though. If you are in it for the long haul, playtime? 100s of hours...

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Visuals aside, is this game actually tangibly better on consoles than on PC?

bidguy

Banned
If you plan on only doing one playthrough on normal for the campaign/story, I wouldn't buy it, it's still longer like your average console campaign though, probably around 10-12hours for a new player, or even longer.

Friend of mine was super dissapointed with the game after doing a normal playthrough on PC, he didn't bother lvling up to 60 and wasn't interested in "playing the same maps" again. That kinda is the whole deal though. If you are in it for the long haul, playtime? 100s of hours...

just ordered it online

plan on playing on every mode. thanks guys

Blu10

Visuals aside, is this game actually tangibly better on consoles than on PC?

It in all honesty is what the PC game should have been. I played for around 60hrs on the PC and saw not a single legendary.

This one does a good job of dropping them (for your class) and stringing you along. I also was concerned about using a controller, but honestly it feels a lot more responsive to me.

I've been having a ball playing co-op...way more fun than the PC, in my personal opinion.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Damn...that feeling when your hardcore character gets jumped by a mob while grinding and gets within a hair of death. I wasn't paying attention in Act II and taking my ability to wear a few hits for granted when I got cornered. Fortunately my Demon Huntress survived another day. At this point, I will shed tears if I lose another hardcore character :)

Absolutely loving the game so far. I've only had one Legendary drop thus far (level 20, Act II). It felt good though to finally get my first one drop.

I'm in awe of some of the characters you guys are posting.

Halcyon

I rented this yesterday for ps3. I am having a blast and it runs well as far as I'm concerned.

I'm at level 18 or so and have had a legendary drop. I'm playing as monk.

Dukey

Banned
I really hope so. It probably comes down how well the Xbox 360 does since PS4 i announced.

Judging by nothing more than the Amazon daily sales charts, the 360 version is outselling the PS3 version by a lot. I don't think Blizzard is stupid enough to turn down guaranteed cash, so you can expect an Xbox One version as well. They mentioned receiving dev kits for the next gen "consoles"(note the plurality) a couple months ago.

I got 3 legendary drops today, all from random chests!

Btw with legendaries you don't need anymore, is it best to sell them or break them down with the blacksmith?

Judging by nothing more than the Amazon daily sales charts, the 360 version is outselling the PS3 version by a lot. I don't think Blizzard is stupid enough to turn down guaranteed cash, so you can expect an Xbox One version as well. They mentioned receiving dev kits for the next gen "consoles"(note the plurality) a couple months ago.

I really, really hope there is something where your characters and loot can be imported to new consoles. Otherwise it makes buying the new version kind of redundant.

nbraun80

Samn you Blizzard. So I spent probably about 2 hours trying to get the rainbow stuff in act 2 for the staff of herding, only to finally find out its not needed in the console version. Haha.

also its crazy all the elites I had to kill in inferno on PC to get a legendary, and on console my buddy and I both found one in barrels on normal. Ha. Between the 4 of us id say we found about 20+ legendaries in our first play through. :)

Top Bottom