• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

I loved Diablo 1. Loved even more Diablo 2. I can't get 15 minuted into 3 w/out being bored to tears. I tried on Mac, and now again on the PS3 demo, and... what am I doing wrong?

Cynar

I loved Diablo 1. Loved even more Diablo 2. I can't get 15 minuted into 3 w/out being bored to tears. I tried on Mac, and now again on the PS3 demo, and... what am I doing wrong?
Your time with this genre has passed. Do you have any new responsibilities? Wife, child etc?

I never played a Diablo before, but, man, the demo was really fun. I can't wait to see how much better the next-gen versions are going to look.

turnbuckle

is there a way to prevent item icons/ names from disappearing after being on the ground for a few seconds? seems they are randomly vanishing but I can still see the item and pick it up

- edit

this is occurring when I'm in the same screen as the item, sometimes within seconds.

Dukey

Banned
I just started Act 1 of Inferno and got 2 set pieces to drop before Skeleton King. Unfortunately they were from different sets, so I have no bonus yet.

CLBridges

I played a little of the demo for this game the other day, selected the Barbarian or Warrior? Game just didn't hold my interest, got bored very quickly. I might try the Wizard next time to see if it clicks. Glad others new to Diablo are enjoying it though!

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
One of the things keeping me away from Diablo is the fact that I love to play games with a good, or at the very least, serviceable story in order. That means that I would love for Blizzard to support Diablo 1 on Battle.net, which would make me more interested in Diablo 2 and Diablo 3. I don't suppose Blizzard is much for remakes though, are they? I wish the same thing would happen with the first two Warcraft games.

Sanctuary

What kind of rolls are people getting on Leoric's Signet at 60? I finally just got one at 60, it's got great dex and CC (250 dex and 6.5% CC) with 27% bonus xp and gold/health pickup radius, but nothing else. I wound up sticking it on my follower since I'd take an enormous ehp loss on either of my current rings, just wondering if it's even possible for it to roll with Vit or AR or anything now.

The one that dropped for my Wizard is 248 INT, 6.5% crit and 25% bonus experience with the gold radius. That's it.

The one on my Barbarian is the same as far as mods go (but STR instead of INT) with values at the appropriate level.

Speaking of my Barbarian...I just found out the downside to having +250% XP. I'm only halfway through Act 3 NM and I'm level 50. All of the legendaries that have actually dropped are all level 32 - 37.

Dukey

Banned
Okay, is it just me, or is the drop rate about 75% less than that of Diablo II?

Drop rate of what? Stuff in general? Yes, but that was a purposeful change they made to increase the number of quality drops but also reduce the number of useless drops. And bless them for that.

Okay, is it just me, or is the drop rate about 75% less than that of Diablo II?
Better drops though. They did this to keep inventory management to a minimum since its a little more involved on the controller, and especially for same-screen co-op where only one player can delve into the menus at a time.

I gotta hand it to Blizzard - their work in redefining the UI for consoles has paid off. Once you get used to it its very easy to manage all your stuff. Extra props for "salvage all junk", "sell all junk" and the follower radials.

Drop rate of what? Stuff in general? Yes, but that was a purposeful change they made to increase the number of quality drops but also reduce the number of useless drops. And bless them for that.

Better drops though. They did this to keep inventory management to a minimum since its a little more involved on the controller, and especially for same-screen co-op where only one player can delve into the menus at a time.

I gotta hand it to Blizzard - their work in redefining the UI for consoles has paid off. Once you get used to it its very easy to manage all your stuff. Extra props for "salvage all junk", "sell all junk" and the follower radials.

I guess I can see the logic in that.

Orca

Game is driving me nuts for an odd reason.

My wife had me get it so we could play together, but after playing through most of the first chapter on the first night she hasn't wanted to play again...but she doesn't want me playing without her either.

GamerSoul

I watched my brother play the demo the other day. I so wish I had more money right lol. This game looks great and I have been looking for a game like Champions of Norrath for years. this looks like it could be it for me.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a way to join someone else's game without saving over your progress?

My wife had me get it so we could play together, but after playing through most of the first chapter on the first night she hasn't wanted to play again...but she doesn't want me playing without her either.
Sounds like your wife is driving you nuts, not the game haha.

I'm really digging the dodge and roll moves, I'm rolling everywhere I go, through towns, dungeons, caves. Pretty helpful in a tough battle too.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
is there a way to prevent item icons/ names from disappearing after being on the ground for a few seconds? seems they are randomly vanishing but I can still see the item and pick it up

- edit

this is occurring when I'm in the same screen as the item, sometimes within seconds.

this is intentionally. see options, there you can turn names of completely afaik.

I'm really digging the dodge and roll moves, I'm rolling everywhere I go, through towns, dungeons, caves. Pretty helpful in a tough battle too.

im reverse skating everywhere is go with my wizzard.
That char doesnt do a roll when dogding backwards so it looks like hes skating :D Love it!

Recommend what my Wizard's set-up should be like at level 30.

Currently, I'm running:

Electrocute - Chain Lightning
Diamond Skin - Crystal Shell
Ray of Frost - Cold Blood
Meteor - Molten Impact
Frost Nova - Cold Snap
Archon

Passive:

Glass Cannon
Cold Blooded
Astral Presence

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
do as you please. i replaced ray of frost with desintegrate as soon as i got it. i use shock pulse when my magic runs out.

also i used storm armor at that level. later replaced it with frost armor.

do as you please. i replaced ray of frost with desintegrate as soon as i got it. i use shock pulse when my magic runs out.

also i used storm armor at that level. later replaced it with frost armor.

I'm gonna replace Electrocute with Disintegrate - Chaos Nexus and eventually get Blizzard/ Iceman build, baby (probably not).

Recommend what my Wizard's set-up should be like at level 30.

Currently, I'm running:

Electrocute - Chain Lightning
Diamond Skin - Crystal Shell
Ray of Frost - Cold Blood
Meteor - Molten Impact
Frost Nova - Cold Snap
Archon

Passive:

Glass Cannon
Cold Blooded
Astral Presence

i use a lot of different stuff. Think im at 40 now so it may change.

I only do your sort of build on bosses (i.e. when i need diamond skin) otherwise i dont roll much of that stuff.

I use:
Electrocute - Lightning Blast (Level 36):
Disintegrate - Volatility (Level 39):
Slow Time - Time Warp (Level 29)
Hydra - Venom
Storm Armour - Strike Back (Level 37):
Explosive Blast - Short Fuse (Level 39):

Passives:
Power Hungry
Galvanizing Ward
Evocation

Basically, i set the hydra up at choke points - then start to use disintegrate. Then i set up a bubble for slow time, bearing in mind that all damage within the bubble is +20%. Instantly use explosive blast and short fuse - Follow up with more disintegrate which causes explosions to nearby people.

MrDaravon

Just found a ridiculous Int Messerschmidt's Reaver:

1810.6 Damage
Socket
+130 Min Damage
+250 Max Damage
774-932 Fire Damage
+8% Damage
188 Str
181 Dex
419 Int
339 Vit
8% IAS

Assuming these can roll CD that literally would be the only optimal roll it's missing. Goddamn. Found it on my DH too, kinda salty since I can't use it. Just stuck it on my Enchantress lol.

paolo11

Guys, if you ever need legendaries, message me gt paolo11. Let's play,loot, and trade together. I got a lot of legendary stuff that has 1.3 k of damage that I don't need. I'm just looking for set pants and legendary strength shoulders.

I'm also willing to help on key warden runs for the hellfire ring crafting.

Dahbomb

Reaver can roll crit damage and life steal plus another random roll. You rolled an extra intelligence stat, vitality stat and extra attack speed stat.

Zampano

Gah I crumbled and bought it on PSN. The demo is perfectly designed to get you to want to carry on.

£49.99. I feel guilty for spending that amount of money while I'm waiting for it to download (13GB). Don't even know when I'll get to play it what with GTAV coming out.

Got a free copy of D3 coming in a couple of weeks which I can sell to a friend for £25 so that might help my spendthrift guilt! Plus I already put 110 hours in on Mac but I think I prefer the console version (it certainly runs better than the Mac version) so can see myself getting my money's worth.

Hoping for better digital prices next gen!

Count me as one of the ones who played the demo and then bought the game even though I've got GTA3 coming soon.

Nearing the end of Act 1 with my wizard, and already having way more fun than I did on PC.

How crazy is it that the console port of a Blizzard game is the superior version?

Into

Hows them achievements/trophies going?

I am only missing the 5 mil gold now for Platinum on the SpaceStation 3, at about 2.7 million

Id say this is one of the easiest Platinums i can remember

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

Make a new hero. This way you still have one to play with her and always be at her level.

Glad I could change my controls. Whoever thought having the main action button be the same one for dialogue and looting needed to play more.

Even then, getting the control scheme right is annoying. I wish they would have me just remap the buttons in the controller menu rather tha the radial one.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
So I just started the game, beat the skeleton king, then restarted the quest again on Master 1. Somehow Cormac stayed with me, and I have to do the dungeon again. I get to the part where you rescue him, and boom, now I have two Cormacs! Has this happened to anyone else?

Top Bottom