• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

Dizzle24

So I completed the game as a Demon Hunter on Easy/Normal. Just so I can get a taste of how to play properly.

Now I am playing Normal/Master V and well, the drops FUCKING SUCK so far.

Does the loot not level to your character on a new playthrough? I am level 35 and all drops so far in Act I and Act II are all level 5-10...even the legendary items.

At this point I am not going to want to keep going if I am just going to be using the same armor and weapons that I found at level 28 on my first playthrough.

Any tips?

rukland

So I completed the game as a Demon Hunter on Easy/Normal. Just so I can get a taste of how to play properly.

Does the loot not level to your character on a new playthrough? I am level 35 and all drops so far in Act I and Act II are all level 5-10...even the legendary items.

At this point I am not going to want to keep going if I am just going to be using the same armor and weapons that I found at level 28 on my first playthrough.

Any tips?

Switch to Nigtmare mode, drop level is tied to that not the difficulty. That will fix your issues quick.

Zanosuke

Any tips?

It's because you are replaying on normal. Change it to nightmare and the item levels should be closer to your characters level

Zanosuke

Thanks guys. I'll try that.

I found this explanation on another forum. Hope it helps : )

"Modes (Normal/Nightmare/Hell/Inferno) unlock consecutively. They are basically a New Game+ function. Apart from being more difficult they also feature new monster characteristics, new properties for loot and better rewards in general.

Difficulty settings modify the base difficulty of each mode by raising monster hp and damage. Easy, Medium and Hard all give the same amount of experience and drop rates.
Master I to V also grant you more exp and higher drop rates for gold and item drops."

Dizzle24

I found this explanation on another forum. Hope it helps : )

"Modes (Normal/Nightware/Hell/Inferno) unlock consecutively. They are basically a New Game+ function. Apart from being more difficult they also feature new monster characteristics, new properties for loot and better rewards in general.

Difficulty settings modify the base difficulty of each mode by raising monster hp and damage. Easy, Medium and Hard all give the same amount of experience and drop rates.
Master I to V also grant you more exp and higher drop rates for gold and item drops."

Excellent. Thanks.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I was playing with my level 14 Wizard this morning and I joined a 3-person group where a level 13 DH was literally melting everything in his path. I thought that this guy had somehow hacked his character because there is no way that a level 13 DH could one-shot everything in his path. Then I check his inventory and find a Hellfire Ring, which explains everything.

Question for you PS3 folks: Has anyone been able to get their mic to work with the game? I joined a group yesterday where we both had mics on, but we couldn't hear each other and had to send messages to each other via PSN.

Curufinwe

I bought a $25,000 item last night in Act II that can't be equipped and doesn't seem to do anything. I forget the name of it, though...

Oh, it was the Wirt's Bell.

eliochip

I bought a $25,000 item last night in Act II that can't be equipped and doesn't seem to do anything. I forget the name of it, though...

Oh, it wast he Wirt's Bell.

From what I know from searching through Google

It's one of many items needed to go to a special secret level

paolo11

After farming on the weekend, I have EXTRA:

Mempo of Twilight dex with critical hit
Immortal king Gloves, helm and chest, belt
Skorn 1.4 k socket
Echoe fury str socket 1.3k
Manticore 2 socket
Ravens wing 1.7 k
Bonesaber 1.6 k
Mess reaver 1.7 k
Butchers Cleaver

Good times. I'm planning to trade these babies but I'm at Xbox. Not sure who is interested.....

MrDaravon

After farming on the weekend, I have EXTRA:

Mempo of Twilight dex with critical hit
Immortal king Gloves, helm and chest, belt
Skorn 1.4 k socket
Echoe fury str socket 1.3k
Manticore 2 socket
Ravens wing 1.7 k
Bonesaber 1.6 k
Mess reaver 1.7 k
Butchers Cleaver

Good times. I'm planning to trade these babies but I'm at Xbox. Not sure who is interested.....

I'm on 360 and would kill for the Manticore and Mempo. Not sure that I have anything you'd want though, only spare legendaries I think I have are some decent Blackthorne chests.

I am paragon 9 with my Monk, but is it possible to loot non-dex legendaries like Witching Hour? I feel like at this point I should have probably seen a Legendary drop that wasn't completely dexterity based but I haven't.

(I need a DPS belt damnit.)

Number45

Can I trade/gift plans in MP? Got a duplicate gem design (Radiant Star Topaz I think) and I don't think there's anything I can do other than vendor it.

paolo11

I'm on 360 and would kill for the Manticore and Mempo. Not sure that I have anything you'd want though, only spare legendaries I think I have are some decent Blackthorne chests.

That's fine. PM me here. I'm at work.

Guys. I also help in power leveling or trading items you need. Just let me know. Wanna help ya know.

Bread

Banned
I played on hard from the beginning, normal was just way too easy. Now I'm on act 2 hell on master 1. This shit is hard and it's fun as hell.

Sanctuary

Honestly don't think the Hellfire Ring is worth the time.

So, 35 - 65 damage, 298 primary stat, 18% MF, 4% crit chance, 35% experience and a 20k damage proc with a socket that allows you to add another 62 of your primary stat isn't worth the time? There's also no level requirement, so you can have a new character make one if you want. When you're already 60, it's not like you have anything else to do besides gain Paragon levels, and since Act 3 is already the best place for Paragon, you may as well get the Warden there. The other two take around 20 min to an hour (Oasis is the worst) each.
You must have had some of the luckiest drops ever for rings. I haven't seen anything comparable drop yet.

On a side note, the drop rate RNG in this game is really dumb. My first character (Wizard) had over 40 good legendaries drop on her way to 60 and she only had 60% MF max at any given point aside from the occasional multiplayer bonus. My Barbarian is 56, and has had 250%+ MF the entire time has had a single useable item drop. It almost feels like the game is laughing, saying "You want legendaries? Hah, you already have more than enough!".

So, 35 - 65 damage, 298 primary stat, 18% MF, 4% crit chance, 35% experience and a 20k damage proc with a socket that allows you to add another 62 of your primary stat isn't worth the time? There's also no level requirement, so you can have a new character make one if you want. When you're already 60, it's not like you have anything else to do besides gain Paragon levels, and since Act 3 is already the best place for Paragon, you may as well get the Warden there. The other two take around 20 min to an hour (Oasis is the worst) each.
You must have had some of the luckiest drops ever for rings. I haven't seen anything comparable drop yet.

On a side note, the drop rate RNG in this game is really dumb. My first character (Wizard) had over 40 good legendaries drop on her way to 60 and she only had 60% MF max at any given point aside from the occasional multiplayer bonus. My Barbarian is 56, and has had 250%+ MF the entire time has had a single useable item drop. It almost feels like the game is laughing, saying "You want legendaries? Hah, you already have more than enough!".

Wow you got a good hellfire. I made my first one the other day and it was garbage. But as you said I hadn't had any good rings drop. I'm already mowing through shit at ML3 so I'll gladly take the 35% exp.

biaxident

Now i'm sitting at Paragon level 3, 125k dps unbuffed, 6.2k armor, 220 AR or so (barbarian). Have been using a Bonecrusher ( I think thats the name), 2h with socket, 400 str, about 1590 dps. Prefer 1h's for sure, but haven't gotten anything decent besides a set piece 1h mighty weapon, just need another maybe. Now I got a key from the Act 1 warden, how exactly do these work again? I never looked into getting those on PC.

Sanctuary

http://www.diablowiki.net/Infernal_Machine

EDIT: I've been meaning to ask: does the experience gain also count towards paragon levels? I replaced the ruby in my helm with a topaz when I hit 60, but if it counts then I'll put it back in there.

TBH, I just assumed that it did. I don't see why it wouldn't considering Paragon levels are just extra levels that still require experience. It would also make the added experience gain from playing on Master 1 Inferno (which you have to be 60 to do anyway) pointless. It would also make the XP on the Hellfire ring pointless for anything but alts. And it's a ring you can't get your first of until you're 60 anyway.

Also, protip (or noobtip since I didn't realize this until after getting my sixth vengeful eye...): wait until you have three Infernal machines before opening the portals. This way, you're guaranteed to have all three different portals (all of the uber fights) up instead of getting one random portal, beating the boss, exiting to farm components and opening a portal again...which can be the same portal you just opened on your previous game, thus getting redundant drops.

Number45

Yeah, it makes sense. I just initially assumed once I hit 60 that +exp didn't matter any more. I'm terrible once I max characters in pretty much any game, I have no idea where to go next. :s

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
What's a good build for a demon hunter? I did some research and it seems most have the bola with explosive rune, and spamming caltrops with ruinous ground. Vault is the only defense it seems.

Sanctuary

I don't know what's up with the Barbarian in Diablo 3, but even after the damage output nerfs to help melee, the class still feels so extremely "off" compared to the Diablo 2 version. At level 57, and still wearing overpowered gear with 70% damage reduction , 40k damage with 6% life steal, I've died probably 50x more than when leveling up my first and gearless character. It feels like the life steal and damage output just isn't enough to keep up with enemy damage. Granted, I'm playing on Master 2 right now, but playing on Master 1 and below makes the game too boring and not really worth it.

I hope this changes at 60 when I can wear Archon/better legendary stuff, because it's definitely not what I expected at all and really feels like a shadow of a class compared to the D2 version.

I finally got around to installing the disc on the 360, after 3-4 hours of playing it really seems like installing the disc made 0 difference in loading and gameplay.

rukland

Where do I go to change to Master I or II, etc? I'm still on my normal playthrough as a Wizard, but I could use better drops.

It won't give you better drops, really if you are still on normal the best thing IMO is just take it down to easy and steamroll the game. You will get more loot quicker as you spend less time having to kill each mob.

Upping it to the Master levels is just going to slow you down and in the long run that will mean you are working harder to get the drops you are looking for. Look at the master levels as something to do once you are on Inferno and already have decent gear. Doing that will give you a better chance at working towards the BIS stuff.

But until then it really seems to be better to just play at easy/normal as all you really do is slow down unless your gear is already amazing.

So, I rocked the shit out of the PC version of the game.

Console Hard/Normal is recking me. Why is it so hard? Do I get more exp or something? SK one hit me.

anddo0

why did I play on normal/hard?
can we change difficulty?

I beat the game on normal/hard. But the prospect of playing nightmare/hard scares the shit out of me.

New002

What's a good build for a demon hunter? I did some research and it seems most have the bola with explosive rune, and spamming caltrops with ruinous ground. Vault is the only defense it seems.

Not sure what you have access to but on PC I built a knockback DH with high attack speed. Not the fastest or strongest build by any means but it was super safe and super fun :)

Let me know if this sounds like something you might be interested in and I'll go dig up my build/gear so you can reference that.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure what you have access to but on PC I built a knockback DH with high attack speed. Not the fastest or strongest build by any means but it was super safe and super fun :)

Let me know if this sounds like something you might be interested in and I'll go dig up my build/gear so you can reference that.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

nbraun80

I beat the game on normal/hard. But the prospect of playing nightmare/hard scares the shit out of me.

you can change it anytime at the menu, just hit select quest, pick normal/nightmare, select the quest you're on, then it'll let you pick the difficulty. :)

Number45

So, I rocked the shit out of the PC version of the game.

Console Hard/Normal is recking me. Why is it so hard? Do I get more exp or something? SK one hit me.
You get nothing extra for easy/normal/hard, so if you're struggling then turn it down a notch for now. Hard I found is actually pretty tricky as you start out, but as you gear up it's a breeze.

Yeah, you can. From the main menu select quest, and R1 all the way to the right to select the difficulty.

anddo0

you can change it anytime at the menu, just hit select quest, pick normal/nightmare, select the quest you're on, then it'll let you pick the difficulty. :)

You get nothing extra for easy/normal/hard, so if you're struggling then turn it down a notch for now. Hard I found is actually pretty tricky as you start out, but as you gear up it's a breeze.

Yeah, you can. From the main menu select quest, and R1 all the way to the right to select the difficulty.

Thanks.

Now that I took the time to look at the different difficulties. I'll play on Nightmare/Master 2. I already beat the game on hard. So I should be prepared.

New002

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

Build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bjgdXh!efX!ZaYbZZ

Gear:
Helm - Mempo Of Twilight
Chest - Inna's Vast Expanse
Pants - Inna's Temperance
Boots - Natalya's Bloody Footprints
Ring 1 - Natalya's Reflection
Belt - The Witching Hour
Offhand - Dead Man's Legacy (High IAS with bonus to Entangling Shot)
Mainhand - Windforce with socket if possible, high knockback %
Bracers - Strongarm Bracers with high Knockback
The Rest - Rares with whatever stats you need to fill in holes and increase survivability and if you can sneak attack speed in there even better!

Again, I'm not sure what kind of gear/funds you have to work with but that's where I left off with my Demon Hunter on PC before I stopped playing.

Follower
Scoundrel with Windforce, IAS rings, and an amulet that adds cold damage to slow enemies
Skills - Crippling Shot, Dirty Fighting, Multishot, Anatomy

Overall Entangling Shot with Shock Collar offers a high proc rate which means that enemies will be knocked back more frequently. I would walk up to blue champs and end up pushing them off screen and killing them there. It was pretty funny to watch. Multishot is nice since it can hit a multitude of enemies at once and because there are so many arrows the knockback tends to kick in pretty frequently.

A Windforce with high knockback is definitely the backbone of this build so I wouldn't try building this until you can acquire that. From there I would try and focus on getting the Dead Man's Legacy with the appropriate stats.

This DH coupled with a Scoundrel that has the gear mentioned above means that enemies are going to have a hard time getting to you.

I played strictly Hardcore so I gravitated towards relatively safe builds but also liked using skills/builds that most others didn't bother with. I liked going against the grain I guess. It made for a more fun and interesting experience.

Hope some of this helps! Aaaaaaand now I want to log in to D. And if anyone makes a Witch Doctor give corpse spiders a shot!

larvi

I Redboxed the game and did a marathon weekend and just beat inferno with my DH. Remembering how hard the PC version was to get through inferno the first time, it's night and day how easy this is with the new loot. I took down the 2nd phase of Diablo before she could even summon a shadow clone on inferno.

It helped that I found this even before I finished hell:

DSC_3793e.JPG

Rapid fire withering fire + 25% mage fist bonus to fire damge takes stuff down fast.

MrDaravon

I'm so salty that I have over 100 hours on my DH and not finding nearly as good DH stuff as you guys :(

Also sorry I missed you paolo, was playing with friends.

New002

I Redboxed the game and did a marathon weekend and just beat inferno with my DH. Remembering how hard the PC version was to get through inferno the first time, it's night and day how easy this is with the new loot. I took down the 2nd phase of Diablo before she could even summon a shadow clone on inferno.

It helped that I found this even before I finished hell:

DSC_3793e.JPG

Rapid fire withering fire + 25% mage fist bonus to fire damge takes stuff down fast.

What the.... They have items like this in the game now? No wonder Inferno was a breeze ;)

Ooccoo

Playing on PS3 here, and Online is very bad:

- Huge latency issues (lag)
- People who DO NOT PLAY and keep talking, so annoying
- People all seem to have the best items (Azurewrath, wtf, 14k DPS+)
- Random matchmaking still sucks

gogosox8

Just crafted a new bow that took my dps up by 100. Went and fought Belial and melted his face with it. I almost killed him before the second part of the fight started. Damn there are a ton of enemies to fight in Act 3. This seems like this would be the best place to farm after getting to 60 on my dh. Haven't gotten anything better than the bow I crafted yet and tbh honest the drops haven't really been that great for me which is weird since I have like 35% magic find. I guess that's just the way it goes sometimes. Hoping the drops get better after Normal is done since I think I'm almost near the end.

Top Bottom