• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

KaYotiX

Banned
Part of me wishes I waited till D3 came out on consoles before I played it.

Eh, once the expansion and Loot 2,0 is out on PC it will be the best version so im not too worried. Rented the console version and its fun but I cant see myself doing another 300+ hrs on it

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Is there any way for 2 offline players bringing their characters to one screen? Maybe transferring profiles or save files or something like that?

Also, while I am at it, does this game allow respeccing? If it does, how restrictive is it? If it allows for it and the cost is not high, then I wouldn't bother scouring the Internet for "builds" and just screw around to fit my likings.

Ooccoo

Played 800+ hours on PC and I'm loving the PS3 version, BUT the monster density sucks. Also I think it's a bit too easy to farm "elite" items, meaning I'll probably play this version less even though it's more fun (go figure). PC will still be the best version once the new patch is released, so can't wait for ROS.

Also, while I am at it, does this game allow respeccing? If it does, how restrictive is it? If it allows for it and the cost is not high, then I wouldn't bother scouring the Internet for "builds" and just screw around to fit my likings.
There's no need for it in this game. Your powers and passives can be swapped out at any time (well technically any time unless the power is on cooldown), and in any combination (elective mode).

So feel free to swap powers as often as you want.

And as far as versions go, as long as the PC version requires an online connection and uses the auction houses the console versions will always be the definitive ones for me. But your mileage may vary of course.

Lasdrub

Is there any way for 2 offline players bringing their characters to one screen? Maybe transferring profiles or save files or something like that?

I'm not sure what you mean about bringing two offline players to one screen, but there is no respeccing in D3. You can choose whatever ability or skill you want at any time. If you want to cast lightning instead of ice, you just change out your skills in the menu. Stat points cannot be chosen by the player. It's the ultimate game for allowing you to choose and run with whatever build you want without consequence.

DSveno

Banned

If it's PS3, then take your save into another account, and before continue the game, tell the 2nd player to join as guest.

I don't know about the 360 one.

Agkel

You can on the 360, tell your friend to transfer his profile AND his Diablo 3 save file to a usb and bring it over to your house/xbox, and you'll be set.

koji

Dinged 60 on my WD yesterday, started out inferno and was thinking that it would take quite some time before I can crank it up to master 1, about 20minutes in this drops (in the crypts, from a white chest lol), I was a bit bummed out at first cause I thought it was a 2hander... Shit.

Not ready yet for master 1 though.

DSC_0464.jpg

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Drops on inferno have been shit and I know why. Nephalem valor doesn't give yellows from every elite like on pc.

V_Arnold

Drops on inferno have been shit and I know why. Nephalem valor doesn't give yellows from every elite like on pc.

Farm the bosses, like in D2.
A master I Ghom run takes literally less than 5 mins and nets you 10+ rares in the process.
He alone drops at least 6-7 rares plus a plan, potentially.

Number45

I assume this was done because the chance of decent drops are so much higher, they didn't want to guarantee too much.

Finished up inferno/easy last night and jumped straight into the first quest on master I to see how I get by. It wasn't too bad - elites were a challenge but far from impossible. Might jump into the warden/butcher run later tonight and see how I get on.

DSmalls84

I Redboxed the game and did a marathon weekend and just beat inferno with my DH. Remembering how hard the PC version was to get through inferno the first time, it's night and day how easy this is with the new loot. I took down the 2nd phase of Diablo before she could even summon a shadow clone on inferno.

It helped that I found this even before I finished hell:

DSC_3793e.JPG

Rapid fire withering fire + 25% mage fist bonus to fire damge takes stuff down fast.

Yeah I found one of these as well and it is pretty beastly. The attack speed is ridiculously fast. I found a 2 socket Manticore but don't have any high emeralds to put in it yet.

Arjen

Finished up Nightmare, and now halfway trough Act 1 on Hell. And i'm getting my ass kicked every now and then if i don't watch out, love it. Level 53 Barbarian around 10k dps unbuffed

Akai XIII

Found a Leorics signet last night :)

Now I have full EXP boosting gear (Cains, Leroric, Hellfire and max ruby) alts should be pretty easy.

I've found a few 1.7k DPS 1Hs but unfortunately they haven't had sockets. Really want to find a few more class specific set items on my Monk and Barb too... PL16 at the moment on master III and the legendaries drop fairly often.

koji

Do you have to play on Master 1 for the increased mob density or is it "activated" in medium/hard as well? Bit more mob density would be nice but the ramp up to Master 1 is a bit much for me atm, my EHP is pretty shitty...

turnbuckle

Played 800+ hours on PC and I'm loving the PS3 version, BUT the monster density sucks. Also I think it's a bit too easy to farm "elite" items, meaning I'll probably play this version less even though it's more fun (go figure). PC will still be the best version once the new patch is released, so can't wait for ROS.

I agree with everything you said. if I hadn't logged over 1k hours on the pc version I might feel different, but I don't look forward to grinding paragon etc in this console version. it's extremely fun, but the loot is almost too good.

lol can't please everyone, and I'm glad they made this version way more accessible and vastly improved the loot. I just can't see myself playing even 1/5 as much as I did on pc. that's a good thing though.

koji

I agree with everything you said. if I hadn't logged over 1k hours on the pc version I might feel different, but I don't look forward to grinding paragon etc in this console version. it's extremely fun, but the loot is almost too good.

lol can't please everyone, and I'm glad they made this version way more accessible and vastly improved the loot. I just can't see myself playing even 1/5 as much as I did on pc. that's a good thing though.

It's a good thing to keep you occupied till loot 2.0/ROS on PC, it got my RL friends playing the game again so we've been having a blast coop. They all burned out on the PC version.

Thing is since loot 2.0 got announced I just can't put in time in the PC version anymore, it feels like such a waste of time when you know such huge ass changes are around the corner. Was the same when they announced that legendary overhaul...

biaxident

Not sure how to check how many hours i've logged into the console version, but my barb is already about 30k dps higher than my P15 150+ hours monk was on pc lol. Got 3 keys, going for the plans later for the infernal machine. Keep hearing I should get 3 of them first before entering the portals. How tough are the ubers on Master 1? I'm having no issues dying, as long as I keep rend up with healing rune.

biaxident

Do you have to play on Master 1 for the increased mob density or is it "activated" in medium/hard as well? Bit more mob density would be nice but the ramp up to Master 1 is a bit much for me atm, my EHP is pretty shitty...

On console, there is no ramp up for mob density. Would be nice if they added MP bonuses to medium and hard. Easy to Master 1 is a pretty big jump. If your 60, clear inferno on easy, then you should have the gear to do Master 1.

Akai XIII

On console, there is no ramp up for mob density. Would be nice if they added MP bonuses to medium and hard. Easy to Master 1 is a pretty big jump. If your 60, clear inferno on easy, then you should have the gear to do Master 1.
The description of Master I-V says:
"In inferno mode you will also be facing larger packs of enemies."

So playing on "Master" difficulties does increase mob density.

biaxident

The description of Master I-V says:
"In inferno mode you will also be facing larger packs of enemies."

So playing on "Master" difficulties does increase mob density.

Oh does it? I haven't noticed much of a difference, and with everyone complaining about it, figured there was no increase. But I guess there is, still no where near pc density, perhaps Master V has some decent density?

Lasdrub

What would you consider as the ultimate challenge in the game? Right now for me it's to be able to easily play on master 1 in inferno. Maybe the ultimate goal would be to beat diablo on master 5 alone?

Dahbomb

What would you consider as the ultimate challenge in the game? Right now for me it's to be able to easily play on master 1 in inferno. Maybe the ultimate goal would be to beat diablo on master 5 alone?
I guess ultimate goal is to beat Master V on Hardcore in Inferno.

Sanctuary

Pretty much agree with this. There's a lot that I really like about the console version, but I don't like the fact that I'm basically "done" with my Wizard in only eight days (400k DPS...). The camera perspective is also too close for some fights (especially the Siegebreaker uber) and the monster density is anemic at best. What's the point of getting your character built up if you're only going to fight a large swarm once per map?

Also, what's up with the listed DPS numbers in this game? My Barbarian is only at 130k right now, yet the game is infinitely easier with him than it is my 400k Wizard. Wizard does more damage when in Archon, but it's not even close when outside of Archon, and the Barbarian feels like he's doing at least 80% of the damage of Archon at all times, and he has as much survivability; well more because of the mobility. I guess because the sheet can't really factor in run like the wind tornado ticks (similar to Wicked Wind)?

Oh does it? I haven't noticed much of a difference, and with everyone complaining about it, figured there was no increase. But I guess there is, still no where near pc density, perhaps Master V has some decent density?

Instead of fighting goatmen that come in packs of three, they now come in packs of four!

Sanctuary

perhaps again be the Diablo we all expected for 10 years,the best they could do

The skills still prevent it from being on a Diablo 2 level. There's no reason to ever create another of the same class in softcore, and there's still really no build diversity. Maybe the new items will change that, but maybe not.

Sanctuary

I guess ultimate goal is to beat Master V on Hardcore in Inferno.

When would you actually make the switch to Master V though? You couldn't really start Inferno at Master V.

Also, Azurewrath dropped for me (the Hell version, which is still 1400 DPS!), but it didn't have a socket. :(

legbone

couple of quick questions.

i'm a level 36 demon hunter.

1, playing nightmare normal at the moment. it's way easy. should i bump it up to master 1 (i tried master 1 a bit at the beginning of nightmare but it seemed to be a bit too much for me) or just run through nightmare and hell on normal and then try inferno on master 1?

2, should i be using gems for dex and vitality as a demon hunter? i'm running pretty much only dex on my person and a ruby in my weapon at the moment.

ok i just got wiped out by a pack of those laser throwing dudes. i may have answered both my questions at once. my dh is a bit too squishy for my tastes. may have to socket some vitality gems in place of a few emeralds.

Sanctuary

couple of quick questions.

i'm a level 36 demon hunter.

1, playing nightmare normal at the moment. it's way easy. should i bump it up to master 1 (i tried master 1 a bit at the beginning of nightmare but it seemed to be a bit too much for me) or just run through nightmare and hell on normal and then try inferno on master 1?

2, should i be using gems for dex and vitality as a demon hunter? i'm running pretty much only dex on my person and a ruby in my weapon at the moment.

ok i just got wiped out by a pack of those laser throwing dudes. i may have answered both my questions at once. my dh is a bit too squishy for my tastes. may have to socket some vitality gems in place of a few emeralds.

Since you're not playing Hardcore, go for all DPS and just use Shadow Power/Gloom on elites/bosses. Also, depending on your current crit rate, you might get a DPS boost using an emerald in your weapon instead of a ruby, but that also depends on whether or not you actually have any to spare since DEX is another area you get boosts from. And everyone is squishy when standing in lasers. Vitality gems won't really change that, and will only slow you down.

In terms of when to make the switch though, it just depends on what you think you can handle. The path of least resistance though is to simply play on Easy until you hit Inferno.

RkOwnage

I've found 10 legendaries today, and every single one of them is a weapon. I have the same pants/chest/shoulders from level 30.

Bad luck or are there an abundance of Legendary weapon drops?

Sanctuary

I've found 10 legendaries today, and every single one of them is a weapon. I have the same pants/chest/shoulders from level 30.

Bad luck or are there an abundance of Legendary weapon drops?

Seems about right. With my Wizard, I had a little over 40 legendaries drop on my way to 60, and I'd say probably 2/3 of them were weapons. Fortunately they were almost always upgrades.

RkOwnage

Seems about right. With my Wizard, I had a little over 40 legendaries drop on my way to 60, and I'd say probably 2/3 of them were weapons. Fortunately they were almost always upgrades.

Yeah I am finding plenty of upgrades weapon wise, but I'm also getting to that point where, although they're dmg increases, it's very minor. I need to find some better other equipment upgrades. It's just weird. Can't believe I'm complaining about an abundance of Legendary Weapons though, lol. Ironic.

Edit: And just as I complain, I find a Blackthorne's Chestpiece. Lol

larvi

What is the key/organ drop rate on Master 1? I just did my first set of Ubers and got 1 of 3 organs. Just like on the PC version ZK/Siege was the tough battle, I kept running out of discipline so I couldn't keep Shadow power up, probably need to look at coming up with a different skill set just for ubers, or do what I did on the PC and build a WD with tons of EHP and life regen on an alt account that I can use as a tank for Siege.

legbone

thanks for the response sanctuary. yeah, i figured it out about the lasers. went back to being easy. coincidentally i just tried using shadow power. works really great. don't know why i hadn't tried it until now but i'm pretty much invincible with it active.

Sanctuary

What is the key/organ drop rate on Master 1? I just did my first set of Ubers and got 1 of 3 organs. Just like on the PC version ZK/Siege was the tough battle, I kept running out of discipline so I couldn't keep Shadow power up, probably need to look at coming up with a different skill set just for ubers, or do what I did on the PC and build a WD with tons of EHP and life regen on an alt account that I can use as a tank for Siege.

My Wizard still can't do Ghom/Rakanoth with my Archon build. I have to change to the facerolling, hold four buttons at once and win CM/WW build. Due to the changed perspective on the Siege fight, I have to basically just kite until Siege is dead. Still can't believe Blizzard thinks Archon is overpowered, yet they are leaving CM/WW as is (at least as far as we know right now).

Dahbomb

It's 60% on Master I.

larvi

Thanks guys. Another question, is it really worth crafting the archon pieces any more? I noticed they cost 2 DEs, plus the ammy needs 5 brims. With the improved stats on other pieces I'm wondering if there is any point, i.e. I found some Gladiator gaunts with a 10.5 crit chance.

Most likely will be returning this to redbox this evening, I did get all but one of the achievements (just need the 5mil gold one). Will pick it up when it drops to $30 range and play through some of the other classes.

Helscream

Banned
Anyone seen a Skorn? (PS3 Version) I have yet to see anyone have one and I been farming like mad to try and get myself one. I really need the Damage to Life % to move on past Master 3.

Also I seem to have mighty belts drop like freaking mad. Its annoying at this point how many mighty belts have dropped for me.

Anyone seen a Skorn? (PS3 Version) I have yet to see anyone have one and I been farming like mad to try and get myself one. I really need the Damage to Life % to move on past Master 3.

Also I seem to have mighty belts drop like freaking mad. Its annoying at this point how many mighty belts have dropped for me.
Not seen any skorns yet (at paragon 10). Enjoying Echoing Fury and one of the Bul Kathos. Pretty decent survivability in Master 1 but could do with more life steal to go higher.

VALKYRAY

Banned
My Wizard still can't do Ghom/Rakanoth with my Archon build. I have to change to the facerolling, hold four buttons at once and win CM/WW build. Due to the changed perspective on the Siege fight, I have to basically just kite until Siege is dead. Still can't believe Blizzard thinks Archon is overpowered, yet they are leaving CM/WW as is (at least as far as we know right now).
its because too many demon hunter cry babes bitching about super Saiyan mode for barb and wiz. They say diablo isn't devil may cry.

Top Bottom