• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

Fox1304

Wow, dinged lvl 28 on my barb ... Was dual wielding two legendaries at 45/55 dps, and was kind of obliterating everything in Normal.
Suddenly equiped my lvl 28 2H legendary ... And I'm hitting at 60k on crit with a simple sway ?!? Is that normal ?

Sanctuary

Thanks guys. Another question, is it really worth crafting the archon pieces any more? I noticed they cost 2 DEs, plus the ammy needs 5 brims. With the improved stats on other pieces I'm wondering if there is any point, i.e. I found some Gladiator gaunts with a 10.5 crit chance.

Most likely will be returning this to redbox this evening, I did get all but one of the achievements (just need the 5mil gold one). Will pick it up when it drops to $30 range and play through some of the other classes.

Gloves are completely worth it. On my first attempt I ended up with some 348 STR, 279 Vit, 6% crit chance, +49% crit damage and +28 res all gloves. The shoulders are really good too. Those I've made for both my Barbarian and Wizard have high primary stat and vit along with MF.

The DE cost doesn't matter that much either since you'll end up with 30+ legendaries just sitting in the bank anyway.

Beat Diablo on normal last night with my Monk, and just wanted to say the tearing doesnt appear any worse as you progress through the game (PS3 digital version here). I had heard horror stories about the final acts, but never saw things getting appreciably worse.

If anything I was surprised by just how many enemies they still managed to fit on the screen, especially some of those Bastion's Keep battles.

Maybe it's just worse in multiplayer? Haven't tried co-op yet.

Lasdrub

Anyone seen a Skorn? (PS3 Version) I have yet to see anyone have one and I been farming like mad to try and get myself one. I really need the Damage to Life % to move on past Master 3.

Also I seem to have mighty belts drop like freaking mad. Its annoying at this point how many mighty belts have dropped for me.

I found mine in act 2 on easy inferno. I used it to smash my way through the rest of easy inferno.

I have a question for you guys. I have the Bul Kathos weapon that does extra damage to elites paired with a storm shield. Neither have sockets, unfortunately. I also have Skorn, as I mentioned. Skorn does have a slot. Which is better for key runs on master 1 do you think?

Sanctuary

I found mine in act 2 on easy inferno. I used it to smash my way through the rest of easy inferno.

I have a question for you guys. I have the Bul Kathos weapon that does extra damage to elites paired with a storm shield. Neither have sockets, unfortunately. I also have Skorn, as I mentioned. Skorn does have a slot. Which is better for key runs on master 1 do you think?

Look at your DPS with the sword and shield, then add whatever % you get for elites on top of it. Compare it to the Skorn. Use whatever has the most damage against elites, and whatever does the most against non elites. It might mean juggling three items, but it's not a big deal if you're soloing since the game pauses.

Lasdrub

Look at your DPS with the sword and shield, then add whatever % you get for elites on top of it. Compare it to the Skorn. Use whatever has the most damage against elites, and whatever does the most against non elites. It might mean juggling three items, but it's not a big deal if you're soloing since the game pauses.

Smart. Thank you.

Arcayne

Just beat Diablo on Normal Hard mode (co-op) a couple nights ago with the girlfriend. Both of us enjoyed it immensely, and I was surprised at how she would ask me to load up the game every night, rather than the other way around.

Currently playing a WD and her the Wizard, looking forward to Nightmare and so on! Such a great game. Made me want to install D2 again and finish the story mode - I remember getting as far as Mephisto(?) and stopped every time. Will stop by and ask some questions later after some more D3.

Sanctuary

Rakanoth is kicking my arse on Normal [Master I] as a Wizard. Any tips?

Yes, put it on Easy or try to get in a group. Otherwise, have fun getting one-shot again and again by his Juggernaut Crush. You aren't at a point yet where you can casually take him solo on any of the Master levels. You could always just go with Storm Armor, Diamond Skin and Frost Nova and run around attempting to avoid his teleport of death while chipping away, but then you will have his adds to contend with too.

Blizzard (with the chance to freeze rune) and a Hydra can work too, but it just becomes a matter of luck and attrition. Both Rakanoth and Iskatu are two of the dumbest, most over-tuned fights in the game. It used to be Belial, but on the console he's kind of a wimp.

edit: I guess you can't go with the freezing rune since it's 42. I soloed him on Easy, and he was pretty annoying, taking off 3/4 of my health at a time.

MrDaravon

Finally got two Nat items, the Nat hand crossbow (which is whatever), but also got a Nat ring:

196 Dex
71 Cold Resist
53 All Resist
6% IAS
281 Life per Second
(1) socket

No CC :(. I take around a 12k dps and ~50-60k ehp loss if I swap out either of my current rings for it even with a high level dex gem in there :/. If I get a good roll on another piece of Nat gear it might wind up being and upgrade with the two-piece set bonus though.

larvi

I've only found the nat's bow and cloak so far too and neither made the cut. One thing that kind of sucks with the gear dropping only for your current class means the chance of getting inna's pants/belt/chest while running my DH is probably pretty low.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
With the latest PC Diablo 3 news... does this mean the console version is obsolete?!

TAKE THIS THREAD TO THE DUMP GUYS, WE'RE DONE HERE!

Wait, fuck, this is my thread :( NOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooo

I have it on PC but im still buying the PS4 version for couch co-op. Even with the AH removed i still think the consol version is better because of the controller and off line mode.

Dahbomb

With the latest PC Diablo 3 news... does this mean the console version is obsolete?!

TAKE THIS THREAD TO THE DUMP GUYS, WE'RE DONE HERE!

Wait, fuck, this is my thread :( NOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooo
Pretty much once the PC version has an offline mode it will become the superior version by a mile.

Everytime I see more info in D3 it seems pretty clear that the console D3 is the beta for RoS on PC. So RoS on PC will be beta for RoS on consoles.

Damn I wonder when we will get to play the completed D3 game. Been playing the beta for almost 2 years!

Number45

It gets denser but nowhere as dense as the PC version for performance reasons per Blizzard's own statement,
Hopefully they'll ramp it back up for the PS4 version.

Wow, dinged lvl 28 on my barb ... Was dual wielding two legendaries at 45/55 dps, and was kind of obliterating everything in Normal.
Suddenly equiped my lvl 28 2H legendary ... And I'm hitting at 60k on crit with a simple sway ?!? Is that normal ?
If the flavour text on the legendary is something about "smashing them to pieces", then yes. It basically boosts the damage for an already guaranteed killing blow a ridiculous amount.

Fox1304

Hopefully they'll ramp it back up for the PS4 version.

If the flavour text on the legendary is something about "smashing them to pieces", then yes. It basically boosts the damage for an already guaranteed killing blow a ridiculous amount.

Yes that's what I realised after having posted :D
Couldn't believe the numbers, and then ... understood lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pretty much once the PC version has an offline mode it will become the superior version by a mile.

Everytime I see more info in D3 it seems pretty clear that the console D3 is the beta for RoS on PC. So RoS on PC will be beta for RoS on consoles.

Damn I wonder when we will get to play the completed D3 game. Been playing the beta for almost 2 years!
But... BUT... BUT...!

IWMw5g4.png

True this. But for this moment I'm enjoying the shit out of the console version. Controller + offline + no auction houses is still king for me, along with the UI changes and the dodge-roll. I just prefer it.

But if offline + no auction houses and loot 2.0 find their way to PC we'll end up with two different but happy camps.

Except for the players who found their joy in playing the markets that is. But ditching them is the right call.

MrDaravon

Found a pretty crazy Dex Vile Ward:

269 Dex
98 Int
309 Vit
84 All Resist
274 Armor
253 Life per Second

I take a 4.5k dps hit but gain over 100k ehp which is fucking bonkers.

biaxident

If PC version goes offline, which I assume they will, as they needed always online for the RMAH and then add controller support on top of it, PC will be amazing for sure. Now i'm torn, continue playing console which is currently much more enjoyable, or go back to PC and level that paragon up, or both? Tough decisions...

Returners

So I was looking at best way to farm gold and be happy doing it (less repetition).

Master I - V which correspondes to MP 6 - 10.

But, for inferno, MF/GF differs than MP in Normal/NM/Hell at least in the PC version.
60% vs 150%

Is that the case for the console?

If not, in that vein, wouldn't it be better if just up the MP on Hell instead of Inferno?

Sothpaw

If PC version goes offline, which I assume they will, as they needed always online for the RMAH and then add controller support on top of it, PC will be amazing for sure. Now i'm torn, continue playing console which is currently much more enjoyable, or go back to PC and level that paragon up, or both? Tough decisions...

They will not go offline, nor will they ever add controller support. The console version is tailored for controller (different menu's, auto-aim, etc.). Always online has the benefit of no hacked characters.

Hari Seldon

This game is confirmed for the PS4 right? I want to double dip with the superior Diablo experience, but I don't want to buy a second PS3 controller at this point just for this game haha.

turnbuckle

I could never get over the pc controls in this type of game so console suits me. Way too much clicking.

Yup, and for me at least it's way too conducive to triggering repetitive stress injuries at high level play. I absolutely loved playing the game on PC but had to quit simply because of that. If they'd patch in controller support for the PC version I'd be back on that one in a heartbeat once the loot 2.0 patch hits.

This game is confirmed for the PS4 right? I want to double dip with the superior Diablo experience, but I don't want to buy a second PS3 controller at this point just for this game haha.

Confirmed, but the release is still up in the air.

If they don't patch controller support in the PCP version, the PS4 will be definitive for me. I'd love for them to have mouse/KB support in the console version also, that way the PC and console versions are pretty much at parity. Also, it would be nice having the option to play the game with a controller but manage certain things with the mouse/kb interface - particularly stash management and the ability to type out messages in lieu of having to wear a headset when playing multiplayer.

Hari Seldon

Yup, and for me at least it's way too conducive to triggering repetitive stress injuries at high level play. I absolutely loved playing the game on PC but had to quit simply because of that. If they'd patch in controller support for the PC version I'd be back on that one in a heartbeat once the loot 2.0 patch hits.

Confirmed, but the release is still up in the air.

If they don't patch controller support in the PCP version, the PS4 will be definitive for me. I'd love for them to have mouse/KB support in the console version also, that way the PC and console versions are pretty much at parity. Also, it would be nice having the option to play the game with a controller but manage certain things with the mouse/kb interface - particularly stash management and the ability to type out messages in lieu of having to wear a headset when playing multiplayer.

Yeah I'm not interested in high level Diablo 3 play. I have the PC version, thought it was alright but not interesting enough to dork out on for hundreds of hours. I'm interested in a more casual local co-op experience game.

Fularu

Banned
Only one legs in all of Act I hell, oh well it was a shitty amulet.

Lvl 54 now, but won't play again before october 21st :/

Sanctuary

Stick with console, don't worry about PC until RoS when they implement ladder.

Currently playing a WD in YOLO mode, and I can't believe how ridiculously strong Locust Swarm + Haunt is.

So I was looking at best way to farm gold and be happy doing it (less repetition).

Master I - V which correspondes to MP 6 - 10.

But, for inferno, MF/GF differs than MP in Normal/NM/Hell at least in the PC version.
60% vs 150%

Is that the case for the console?

If not, in that vein, wouldn't it be better if just up the MP on Hell instead of Inferno?

It jumps significantly (over double) in Inferno. You can tell what your MF/GF is in game anyway.

Returners

It jumps significantly (over double) in Inferno. You can tell what your MF/GF is in game anyway.

Yeah but I wonder if the base amount gold that a monster drop on which GF acts upon increases significantly from Hell to Inferno. If it isn't that much, the MP increase in % will hopefully be more than that.

DSmalls84

Since every legendary can roll to i-lvl 60 now, is the Best in Slot gear on consoles different than it is on pc now? Are there any lower lvl legendarys that are ridiculously good at lvl 60?

Played the demo of this last night. Felt... weird. I was surprised at how much some of the little, subtle things change the experience so much. That diving roll confused the hell out of me. The other thing, and it might be because I was playing a low level barbarian, but it just felt more clumsy and cumbersome. I'm glad that everyone can experience it now, but I do think I prefer the experience on the PC more simply because of the control scheme.

Ugh, I've become one of those people.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Played the demo of this last night. Felt... weird. I was surprised at how much some of the little, subtle things change the experience so much. That diving roll confused the hell out of me. The other thing, and it might be because I was playing a low level barbarian, but it just felt more clumsy and cumbersome. I'm glad that everyone can experience it now, but I do think I prefer the experience on the PC more simply because of the control scheme.

Ugh, I've become one of those people.

It does control a lot better on PC. Other than that, it is fine. Well, that and it looking fucking terrible.

Sanctuary

Since every legendary can roll to i-lvl 60 now, is the Best in Slot gear on consoles different than it is on pc now? Are there any lower lvl legendarys that are ridiculously good at lvl 60?

I don't know about best in slot, but Odyn Son is pretty ridiculous scaled up.

It does control a lot better on PC. Other than that, it is fine. Well, that and it looking fucking terrible.

It looks just as terrible on PC unless you're using a bunch of graphics injectors. The funny thing is that Blizzard claimed that they were going for a "moving painting" look. Okay, so then why is it that the only time it really looks like that might be true is with some of the trees in Act 1 and occasionally the jagged walls in Act 2? Most of the time it looks almost exactly like WoW art style with an extremely minor change to the textures.

Has anyone had problems with jewel plans? I've learned the Flawless Star Ruby twice but the artisan still can't combine them. Jumps from tier 11 to 13.

Sanctuary

Has anyone had problems with jewel plans? I've learned the Flawless Star Ruby twice but the artisan still can't combine them. Jumps from tier 11 to 13.

Yep, took me about three days worth of farming to finally see 12 drop. That was after having 14 too (I was getting really annoyed...).

Helscream

Banned

Well let me know if you ever want to trade me for it. I have a large stash of legendary stuff from farming my ass off to get one.

Lasdrub

Well let me know if you ever want to trade me for it. I have a large stash of legendary stuff from farming my ass off to get one.

I will keep that in mind.

Do you all think its worth it to try for a hellfire ring on master 1? I think people get all three parts in one game so that they don't get random organs, so they put it on mp10. Is that right?

Edit: ok I figured it out. I think I'll just go for it on master 1.

Dahbomb

There are a ton of really good Legendaries now.

Boj Anglers is an amazing boot now (gives you attack speed on them)
Bonesaber of Zunimakalis is like the new Echoing Fury
Pride of Cassius is a belt that gives you a QUADFECTA plus movement speed (probably the new BIS for a Barb who wants to farm or go for max DPS)

A ton of weapons especially 1Hs are really good now.

Most people don't use Shields now especially on the console version but Lidless Wall is supposed to be insane now (unless there insane new Paladin shields I expect a lot of Paladins to be using that Legendary in the Expansion).

DSmalls84

It seems like the only helms I find are Broken Crown and Leoric's Crown. It seems weird that I haven't seen any others since I have cleared inferno. I also have found lots of the same amulets at different levels (3 or 4 Moonlight wards). Anyone else finding multiple of the same legendary items?

Sanctuary

Most people don't use Shields now especially on the console version but Lidless Wall is supposed to be insane now (unless there insane new Paladin shields I expect a lot of Paladins to be using that Legendary in the Expansion).

Lidless is stupid good. It dropped for my first character when first hitting Act 2 Inferno. I have no reason to use it (tried it for the speed increase and resists/armor but it wasn't worth the loss). My Templar however makes great use out of it, and that shield procs all of the time.

It seems like the only helms I find are Broken Crown and Leoric's Crown. It seems weird that I haven't seen any others since I have cleared inferno. I also have found lots of the same amulets at different levels (3 or 4 Moonlight wards). Anyone else finding multiple of the same legendary items?

I've had mostly Broken/Leoric and Storm drop. I've had three Storms and like seven Magefists and four Occulus. Plenty of multiples, some minor upgrades, but most were just salvaged. While leveling I had I think four or five Wildwoods.

My favorite non weapon drop so far was a Band of Untold Secrets from the Siegebreaker uber the first time I beat it. I was like "Yessss, almost at the speed cap!".

Yoshichan

Only one legs in all of Act I hell, oh well it was a shitty amulet.

Lvl 54 now, but won't play again before october 21st :/
Why do you have to wait so long?

Jack_AG

Banned
Put my Barb to sleep for a bit as he was getting a bit boring - rolled a Wizard and holy shit. Disintegrate is just... I don't... I don't even... Shit just dies fast. Some nice tools to get out of a pinch and insanely powerful spells I feel like I'm cheating.

Drame

Bleh, looks like it's the time to retire barbing.

Can't really advance over Master III, which sucks. And the loot, oh god the loot. I've been getting trash and trash only, 1,3k dps 2h:s on inferno master 3 with really bad stats. Geez, oh well, it doesn't take long to boost dh to 60.

Arcteryx

This has probably been asked to death, but is the recommend playing route something like:

Normal(easy) > Nightmare(easy) > Nightmare(MP* until you hit next level cap) > Hell(easy) > Hell(MP* until cap) > Inferno(easy) > Inferno(MP*)

I got through Normal(easy) and hit like 31? or so with a few legendaries(actually got quite a few post lvl 24) and Nightmare(easy) is pretty fucking easy. Should I just stick it out and speed-level through it?

Lasdrub

This has probably been asked to death, but is the recommend playing route something like:

Normal(easy) > Nightmare(easy) > Nightmare(MP* until you hit next level cap) > Hell(easy) > Hell(MP* until cap) > Inferno(easy) > Inferno(MP*)

I got through Normal(easy) and hit like 31? or so with a few legendaries(actually got quite a few post lvl 24) and Nightmare(easy) is pretty fucking easy. Should I just stick it out and speed-level through it?

Just play through each difficulty and you should reach the required level to move on to the next difficulty. The higher difficulties really aren't that tough on easy, especially if you find decent legendaries. My inferno easy play through was easier than my normal one on my barbarian. The game becomes more interesting at max level, so I say rush through once you have seen what there is to see on normal.

Found a nice Scorn today with socket, but it's a downgrade from dual wielding Echoing Fury and Bul Kathos (each with emeralds).

The gems are annoying. In Inferno I'm picking up loads of square gems (ruby and emerald), and barely any flawless squares, so I have to either farm Hell for Tome of Jewelcratfing, or keep slogging for flawless squares in Inferno.

And still no flawless star ruby plan.

Dakota47

Found a review copy of the PS3 version gathering dust at work, woot! I kinda enjoyed the PC-version but got bored with it pretty quick. Looking forward to playing this on my couch (no, my PC hasn't made the transfer to the living room yet, due to my game hating SO)

eliochip

Anyone know how to farm gold really quick? Specifically to pick it up. That gold achievement is one of the last ones I need...

Also

V6UILpc.jpg

What do I do with this

Top Bottom