• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

Sanctuary

Seriously FUCK the PS3. I just lost six days worth of gaming, including my lvl 60 HC WD. I had no problems with the game until I randomly turn it on twenty minutes ago and the game asks me to adjust the screen and make a character. I thought it might just be a glitch, so I reset the system. Same problem. Looking at the actual save file on the dashboard shows all of my characters, but none of them load correctly.

The entire time I was playing HC, I kept thinking "Should I make a backup save? It's HC, but I don't want to lose my character due to some bullshit technical issue with the system.". But I kept putting it off, and this is what happens.

UGH!

Seriously FUCK the PS3. I just lost six days worth of gaming, including my lvl 60 HC WD. I had no problems with the game until I randomly turn it on twenty minutes ago and the game asks me to adjust the screen and make a character. I thought it might just be a glitch, so I reset the system. Same problem. Looking at the actual save file on the dashboard shows all of my characters, but none of them load correctly.

The entire time I was playing HC, I kept thinking "Should I make a backup save? It's HC, but I don't want to lose my character due to some bullshit technical issue with the system.". But I kept putting it off, and this is what happens.

UGH!

On that note, PS3 multiplayer is so unstable right now. I was playing with some friends and we would constantly get stuck on loading screens (either due to freezes or the screen just not going away) and headsets would randomly stop working when joining someone's game.

The gameplay is fine, but these issues are annoying.

DSmalls84

UGH!

Sorry to hear it. I have had freezes that made me lose a few items but nothing that massive.

Sanctuary

Actually, I found that I did make a backup, but it's at level 45, and I lost essentially all of the ridiculously awesome gear that dropped on my way to 60. I guess it's better than starting from scratch, but it's about as bad.

biaxident

UGH!

That would be one of the moments my TV might get a controller thrown at it, that really sucks.

So I've been trying to farm archon strength recipes, read that ghom runs with Max NV stats work best, but only got 1 intelligence one to drop so far, any better far,king spots for it? I'm on master 1 btw.

DSmalls84

That would be one of the moments my TV might get a controller thrown at it, that really sucks.

So I've been trying to farm archon strength recipes, read that ghom runs with Max NV stats work best, but only got 1 intelligence one to drop so far, any better far,king spots for it? I'm on master 1 btw.

I have gotten most of my recipes just from faming all of Act III. Start with the quest "kill the Siegebreaker". Then go through the keep depths levels 1-3, and then just continue through the arreat gate and go all the way to azmodan. Lots of enemies and packs and lots of chances to get drops.

DSmalls84

It seems like I'm finding lots of the same items over and over even though all legendary items can roll 60. Since normal I have found 6 Squirt's amulet, 5 Moonlight path amulets and just as many angel and Compass Rose rings. Really odd considering there are so many different items that could possibly drop.

turnbuckle

I've had my game lock on me twice in an hour when going to talk to jewel crafter. once in act iv, once in act one

system didn't freeze, still had access to psn menu, but couldn't do anything in the game

biaxident

I'm at inferno should i leave to normal or put it to MAster level 1 ?

If you can do master 1 without dying a lot, go for it. If you die a lot, keep it at easy, until out get better gear. At master 1, with 3 stacks of NV you get around 490% bonus xp, but if you die every 5 minutes it isn't worth it.

Sanctuary

It seems like I'm finding lots of the same items over and over even though all legendary items can roll 60. Since normal I have found 6 Squirt's amulet, 5 Moonlight path amulets and just as many angel and Compass Rose rings. Really odd considering there are so many different items that could possibly drop.

Yeah, I honestly am beginning to think that besides just the "smart" drop system, there's something else hidden attached to either that specific character or your class.

My Wizard had almost a deluge of legendaries dropping left and right, but when the duplicates started that were not class specific, I kept seeing the same gloves or boots over and over again.

My Barbarian had almost nothing drop (like seriously five legendaries from 1-60).

My Witch Doctor ended up having two-handed weapons drop constantly, and I literally had a 6:1 ratio of two-handed weapons to one-handed weapons, and it was like WTF? I also kept seeing the same weapons over and over again until the god axe dropped.

Crossing my fingers that it's something silly like that.

turnbuckle

I've had like 8 pairs of hammer jammers out of maybe 10 total legendary pants.

about a dozen belts, half are saffron wraps

about 15 chest armor, all 1/3 unique, other 10 or so are heart of gold and aquila cuirass.

up until I started playing on master level two it seemed like I was getting the same legendary over and over for a particular gear slot. since I switched I've had a lot more variety. got a unity, tyrael might, lamentation, and a few others on my last couple of runs.

any word on when the patch is coming? Blizzard said they are going to fix the issue of normal square gems dropping in inferno. they're not supposed to.

turnbuckle

3 infernal machine runs at one go, only 1 part dropped. Feels bad man.

that's why is nice to get 3-4 people chipping in. much easier to coordinate on pc version though.

also, I thought that beam that appears above your head when you press r3 would show up in online multiplayer on other players screens. it doesn't though. what's the point of it if it's not used as some signal/ beacon to alert other players of something ( assuming you're not playing with a headset)

maomaoIYP

I've had like 8 pairs of hammer jammers out of maybe 10 total legendary pants.

about a dozen belts, half are saffron wraps

about 15 chest armor, all 1/3 unique, other 10 or so are heart of gold and aquila cuirass.

I cannot tell you how many pairs of fart pants or goldwraps I've gotten.
But I just picked up Chantodo's Force to pair up with Chantodo's Will, so I'm not really complaining.

Nightmare Master I is awesome - loving the mob density and overall challenge. Admittedly, I still steamroll through normal mobs, but once blue and gold elites come in to a pack... O_O

I just picked up a legendary weapon, however it's not showing in my inventory or even if I cycle up or down with the difficulty pad. Any on what this happen to them before? I haven't even identified it yet and it's not appearing anywhere?

Ok its showing up when i try to sell weapons but I can't identify it or see it in my own inventory. What should I do?

Edit: ok identified it in the sale section then it showed up. Phew!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, there's no PVP in this right?

Sanctuary

I swear, despite the redundant drops, it feels like the game takes pity on you if your gear is trash (and maybe that's why nothing dropped for my Barbarian since he was wearing almost nothing but legendaries the entire time). My WD more than doubled his DPS and health in Act 2 Hell on my first attempt, and it just happened again with my kind of restored eaten character. Started with 16k DPS and ended with 32k DPS and 45k health. Also ended up with a Thing of the Deep, and my pickup radius bonus is now +41 yards, which is crazy with the WD passives.

Helscream

Banned
The MF helps, and Master 1 gives you the biggest boost. The main reason to go Master 1-2 though is a) Paragon leveling is a bit faster and b) Warden/Organ drops. The drop rate is almost non existent below Master 1 (I did get two keys on Easy though, so they do drop). I can't really say if it's the same for a Demon Hunter, but on my Wizard I just treated each Master level with DPS breakpoints. Basically, each level equals a 100k DPS increase needed to farm efficiently, starting at 100k with Master 1. I can do Master 5 on my almost 400k Wizard, but it's not worth it compared to Master 4 and I doubt it will ever be. I can't even do the Ubers solo without switching my spec either, and I have to put it on Master 3 or I get one-shot again and again vs Rakanoth.

Oh and yeah, as Daravon mentioned; mob density. It's pretty sparse at times even with that boost, and it's downright anemic without it.

Master I will give a definite boost to Magic Find/Gold Find/Experience Bonus. In my opinion I think Master III is probably the most effective compared to Master V simply due to time. It takes so freaking long to kill stuff in Master V especially in Co-Op. I would estimate everyone in your party would need atleast 400k damage or higher to make Master V effective. But so far in my opinion Master III with with a party of 3-4 is the most effective because of the multiplayer bonus you get. I can do Master V solo with my Barbarian, but shit takes too long to die.

Also I wanted to commit on crafting. If you have recipe for Archon Gauntlets/Spaulders/Razorspike Bracers or even Amulelt Vitality. 9/10 you craft an item of "Vitality" you will get your primary stat. Rarely you will get something other than your primary stat. So I can say its a much more effective strategy to craft Vitality recipes so atleast 2 of the 6 random attributes is your primary stat and vitality. Especially considering your primary stat can still end up reaching 250-300 points when crafting a vitality recipe.

Helscream

Banned
That is my id but for some reason people have been having trouble friend requesting me. If you post yours I'll add you though.

Mine is the same as my Gaf username "Helscream".

So just started inferno finally with my barbarian at 74k unbuffed dos and 61k health... Should I do master 1 or 2

I would say stick with medium till you reach 100k damage unbuffed. Also try to find a mighty belt or weapon that converts damage % to life. When you reach Master I you'll want to be able to kill stuff in a timely manner.

DSmalls84

Found another Beckon Sail Cloak but this one is no where near as good as my other lol.

197 Dex
53 Fire Res
6% Ias
13% Life
1.5% CC
10625 Health Globes

gross

Number45

Anyone have builds/tips/guides for a barb starting inferno master 1? Tried to start a warden/butcher run but really struggled with the first champ pack (they were abominations, which didn't help).

Have been running with cleave/rupture, leap/iron impact, ground stomp/wrenching smash (definitely needs to be changed), rend/life rune, revenge/30% rune and battle rage with the damage buff.

Anyone have builds/tips/guides for a barb starting inferno master 1? Tried to start a warden/butcher run but really struggled with the first champ pack (they were abominations, which didn't help).

Have been running with cleave/rupture, leap/iron impact, ground stomp/wrenching smash (definitely needs to be changed), rend/life rune, revenge/30% rune and battle rage with the damage buff.

That build is similar to what I started out with, except that I had Wrath of the Berserker/Insanity instead of Revenge. If you're struggling with that, you should probably just continue farming on Easy for a bit.

Arcteryx

Can anyone recommend some good Demon Hunter builds? Is Strafe going to be the fastest for farming low MP?

Check the build section on the forums(it's focused towards PC, but you can definitely tweak the builds to what you want on console). I'm using a Rapid Fire + Bolas build and it works well so far(Manticore).

MrDaravon

If you want to farm lower MPs quickly permastrafe is definitely the quickest build yes. Also the higher DPS values all around actually make it more viable on console than PC. On PC it's not really viable past MP3ish, but on console with way higher player DPS (I'm currently 100k higher than on PC) I can do Master I (aka MP6) as easily as I can do MP1 or MP2 on PC.

Top Bottom