• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

can every enemy drop a legendary item ?
played through act 1, explored every inch and didnt get one.

i feel like my character is way too weak. my health goes down way too quickly.

any tips ? playing a barbarian level 16

You will eventually get them.

They drop off anything really. It could be a pot, random enemy you left alone because theres only one of them left. Just play normally, you will get them.

Ever since I got the Boneshatter, I've been doing crazy amounts of damage with my Disintegrate - up to 12k per hit o_O

Boneshatter.png~original

It's because of the rest in pieces part of the legendary. Crit hits that kill have an inflated number on it.

Ah, that's what it was.

Btw, do these two Runes stack?

Storm Armor - Power of the Storm
Diamond Skin - Prism

Basically, reduces Arcane Power of all skills while those two are active. I've been using both and it seems like I can spam Disintegrate all the day.

Sanctuary

Ever since I got the Boneshatter, I've been doing crazy amounts of damage with my Disintegrate - up to 12k per hit o_O

Boneshatter.png~original

What did I say about using a 2h weapon with Disintegrate? :p I had a good 2h weapon to give to you anyway, but you never replied.

Ah, that's what it was.

Btw, do these two Runes stack?

Storm Armor - Power of the Storm
Diamond Skin - Prism

Basically, reduces Arcane Power of all skills while those two are active. I've been using both and it seems like I can spam Disintegrate all the day.

I wouldn't rely on Diamond Skin for your Disintegrate. Use Astral Presence and the Templar instead until your crit chance is higher and you get an item or two that has Arcane Power on crit. I also hope that you're staying with Chaos Nexus. Of course it doesn't hurt to try out the other runes, but they really just don't cut it in comparison. Chaos Nexus does pretty much what ALL of the rest of them do all by itself aside from the random chance to make an enemy explode (which never happens when you'd want it to anyway).

I was under the impression that stash wasn't shared between HC characters at all.

It is. I have a 60 HC WD and at around level 20 or so I made a HC Monk just to see if the stash was shared. It defnitely is. So every time I'd go back to town to salvage or whatever, I'd make sure to always put all of the crafting materials and any gems picked up along the way into the stash.

Also, about the whole Ruby vs Emerald thing; I actually used nothing but Rubies on my first character simply because I thought it would be the most consistent (and it is since it factors in each attack, not just crits). However, on my Barbarian I had to keep using a shield because my MH weapon was always much higher DPS due to the Ruby (I never had enough materials to make 2x tier 13 quite yet). I read around about Emeralds, and decided to try socketing both weapons with the highest quality I could and my DPS went up quite a bit. Of course it's spikier, but things did end up dying easier. Seems to be at around the 30% crit chance mark is when Emeralds beat Rubies in general.

On my WD though, I have such a horrible crit chance that there's probably never going to be any reason to use Emeralds over Rubies.

MrDaravon

Thanks to paolo for the Manticore, was a decent boost over my current one! Then just messing around a bit in a Act 3 run (I've honestly really just been working mostly on in-game challenges since launch) I got a pair of Nat boots. I was bummed because they had no Vit and I would have lost a huge amount of life from my current Ice Climbers. Figured I would go back to town and see if the two set bonus with the Nat ring (with no CC) I found worked out well enough to make the tradeoff, then literally before I go back to town two enemies over dropped another pair of Nat boots with 185 Vit lol.

Sanctuary

I just read a random post (don't remember which forum) recently about how when crafting Archon stuff that it's better to go for the Vitality versions. Is this simply because with the "smart" crafting, you are almost guaranteed to see your primary stat show up anyway, but if you were to forge gear based on your primary stat that Vitality might not appear?

I guess it just depends on your needs though, because you could roll double Vitality and smaller primary stat, or roll double primary stat and no Vitality.

MrDaravon

I just read a random post (don't remember which forum) recently about how when crafting Archon stuff that it's better to go for the Vitality versions. Is this simply because with the "smart" crafting, you are almost guaranteed to see your primary stat show up anyway, but if you were to forge gear based on your primary stat that Vitality might not appear?

I guess it just depends on your needs though, because you could roll double Vitality and smaller primary stat, or roll double primary stat and no Vitality.

IIRC on PC if you're a Barb it's better to roll Vit than Str ones since the best Str/Vit combo you can get on the Str Shoulders is 330 Str and 200 Vit, but Vit Shoulders could roll up to 300 Str and 300 Vit. Something to do with Str already being able to roll 100 higher than the other primary stats, I'm sure someone's probably got a link for this. But on PC that only applies to the Str Shoulders, I'm not sure if people are just referring to that, or if it's further changed on console.

Edit: Found the link I was thinking of, this is from the PC version though, no idea if it's any different on console: http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-3-crafting-strategy-the-new-archon-items

Related, has no one really not gotten the console strategy guide yet? I would have assumed that has all of the possible rolls on Legendaries and that info would be out there, would love to see what the new possible max rolls on stuff is. Seeing a lot of 10.5-11.0% CC quivers, 6.5% CC helms and rings, etc.

Sanctuary

I must seriously be one of the luckiest SOBs ever for this game. My Wizard was rolling in ridiculous legendaries while leveling, and my HC WD had some freakish luck last night and today. Ended upgrading my 1h weapon four times in a matter of an hour, ending up with a Doombringer. Then Boj Anglers (boots with run AND attack speed) dropped, then a Flavor of Time drops (amulet with run AND attack speed). The game seemed to love to give me crap after crap two-handed weapons though, and I have twelve of them in my stash, compared to the four one-handed weapons.

Every time a legendary axe would drop on my other characters, I would think "Is this the one?", but it was always a one-handed version. This morning a 1600 DPS Messersmidt's Reaver dropped (with a socket), and just now, killing a Warden on easy gave me not just a key, but a Mempo of Twilight (helm with ridiculous stats and a socket). I'm now at 82k DPS, 60k health and 536 avg resist all. Still in Act 1 Inferno.

MrDaravon

I still have yet to see a Boj Anglers or a Mempo. The Flavor of Time is a great amulet though, I keep getting those on my way to 60 and they're great. I've gotten a couple of really good ones at 60, but my current rare amulet I got really early on and is crazy so I just haven't been able to beat it yet. Flavor of Time and Band of Untold Secrets seem to really stick out on this version as pretty great though, I don't even know how I'm going to be able to upgrade off my current Band.

You'll probably break 100k by the time you finish Inferno.

Beat normal Master I, now on to Nightmare Master I! Pumped for this run. Need more legendaries @_@

Diablo dropped a legendary crossbow for my Scoundrel partner, seems alright.
What did I say about using a 2h weapon with Disintegrate? :p I had a good 2h weapon to give to you anyway, but you never replied.

I wouldn't rely on Diamond Skin for your Disintegrate. Use Astral Presence and the Templar instead until your crit chance is higher and you get an item or two that has Arcane Power on crit. I also hope that you're staying with Chaos Nexus. Of course it doesn't hurt to try out the other runes, but they really just don't cut it in comparison. Chaos Nexus does pretty much what ALL of the rest of them do all by itself aside from the random chance to make an enemy explode (which never happens when you'd want it to anyway).

It is. I have a 60 HC WD and at around level 20 or so I made a HC Monk just to see if the stash was shared. It defnitely is. So every time I'd go back to town to salvage or whatever, I'd make sure to always put all of the crafting materials and any gems picked up along the way into the stash.

Also, about the whole Ruby vs Emerald thing; I actually used nothing but Rubies on my first character simply because I thought it would be the most consistent (and it is since it factors in each attack, not just crits). However, on my Barbarian I had to keep using a shield because my MH weapon was always much higher DPS due to the Ruby (I never had enough materials to make 2x tier 13 quite yet). I read around about Emeralds, and decided to try socketing both weapons with the highest quality I could and my DPS went up quite a bit. Of course it's spikier, but things did end up dying easier. Seems to be at around the 30% crit chance mark is when Emeralds beat Rubies in general.

On my WD though, I have such a horrible crit chance that there's probably never going to be any reason to use Emeralds over Rubies.

Thanks... remind me again about 2H weapons? And I could use a hookup! PSN: A_MagicToaster

MrDaravon

I just found this with my DH, I know literally nothing about WD's:

TN8F2sB.jpg

Is this worth keeping for the WD I'll inevitably make or no? It has no CD or LS so I'm guessing no, but I don't know anything about the class or gear.

Speak of the devil, I just found some Boj Anglers with 261 Dex, 187 Vit, 10% IAS and 13% MS, Jesus Christ. They're not quite worth the tradeoff on my DH since I'd lose the 2-set bonus (not to mention 83 all resist), but that's still ridiculous. Great for my Monk once she hits 60.

Sanctuary

I just found this with my DH, I know literally nothing about WD's:

TN8F2sB.jpg

Is this worth keeping for the WD I'll inevitably make or no? It has no CD or LS so I'm guessing no, but I don't know anything about the class or gear.

Speak of the devil, I just found some Boj Anglers with 261 Dex, 187 Vit, 10% IAS and 13% MS, Jesus Christ. They're not quite worth the tradeoff on my DH since I'd lose the 2-set bonus (not to mention 83 all resist), but that's still ridiculous. Great for my Monk once she hits 60.

That weapon is not the best, but it does have really nice damage for a one-handed weapon. The Mass Confusion mod is actually kind of good too if you decide to use that ability. The toad mod on the other hand just sucks.

I'm at a point now with my WD that it's kind of frustrating. I'm literally facerolling Easy HC, and it's almost impossible for me to die unless I'm standing in a plague puddle with three arcane lasers spinning through me for ten seconds. I just killed Inferno Belial in under three seconds, yet Master 1 still feels a bit too much for some reason and I'm at 52% DR with my resists being 69% - 72% (including physical). Would have been nice if there was more than Monster Power 6 - 10, but I guess the ridiculous legendary droprate was supposed to make up for the difference.

Beat normal Master I, now on to Nightmare Master I! Pumped for this run. Need more legendaries @_@

Diablo dropped a legendary crossbow for my Scoundrel partner, seems alright.

Thanks... remind me again about 2H weapons? And I could use a hookup! PSN: A_MagicToaster

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81988197&postcount=4103
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=82015577&postcount=4121

I'll add you, and hook you up the next time I see that you're online.

ShinMaruku

Just got the game for my b-day so can anybody pass me some pointers? I like my wizard and all but at this level she's kind of not dynamic enough yet. Anybody else finding this a slow burn?

Bread

Banned
Just got the game for my b-day so can anybody pass me some pointers? I like my wizard and all but at this level she's kind of not dynamic enough yet. Anybody else finding this a slow burn?
once you get chain lightning, storm armor, and arcane rockets you'll do just fine.

Helscream

Banned

You know this sounds about right. Think I might test it now on crafting some razorspike bracers. I do know when you craft your primary attribute you can end up with a item that has no vitality. I will try to confirm it when I get done crafting.

Dakota47

The drop rate on consoles is great, compared to PC now. Enough trash to salvage and enough useful drops to want to keep going.

MrDaravon

I'm on 360, does anyone have any blacksmith plans they want to swap? I've got 2 Asheara's Uniform plans I'd like to trade for any legendary or set plans I don't have. I'm missing the following:

Legendaries:
Longshot
Quick Draw Belt
Umbral Oath
Unending War
Wall of Bone
Bitterness
The Magi
The Wedge
Deadeye
Pendergrasps
Cataclysm
Harvest Moon
Singularity

Set Plans:
Born's Defiance
Captain Crimson's Finery

I'm also missing a bunch of rare (yellow) plans, but way more than I'm going to list here. I've also been holding onto some other plans I already have that might be practically useful to folks: I've got Marquise Emerald and Ruby plans, Amulet of Dex and Amulet of Vit, Archon Gauntlets of Vit, Archon Spaulders of Dex and Str, and Razorspikes of Int and Vit.

Edit: The game is determined now to give me WD items apparently? Again I know nothing about the class, but this seems like it would probably be god-tier if it had CC :(

PVj7ETw.jpg

I ran into this last night when my girlfriend and I hit level 60. I don't think its a glitch though. Paragon levels are "account wide" so in the case with the 360/PS3 versions, instead of it being based on your XBL/PSN ID its actually your console that is considered "the account" as long as you play on the same screen.

I haven't had a chance to verify this but that's what I've come up with so far.

I was totally wrong about saying this. My girlfriends character just leveled up well before mine did yet her exp bar is always empty.

It is infact a glitch and paragon levels are based on your XBL tag.

If youre ok with starting another character, a lot of people tend to enjoy Barbarian the most.

Depending on your level, you may not be having as much fun with the Wizard until you unlock more runes/spells. The game really felt at its best towards the end of Nightmare mode and most of Hell in terms of enemy difficulty and spell/rune variety.

DSmalls84

Just found a Dead Man's Legacy Quiver that brought my damage to 279k! The crazy thing is that it seems like there is still a lot I can upgrade.

Raide

Played all of the classes using Master 1 setting and I had the most success with the WD.

For anyone tempted at trying the extra challenge of Master 1 or above, all I can say is collect some of the NPC and Dropped lower-level items. Especially focused around extra Vitality and class damage stuff.

MrDaravon

Just found a Dead Man's Legacy Quiver that brought my damage to 279k! The crazy thing is that it seems like there is still a lot I can upgrade.

What are the stats on it? After ~150 hours I still haven't found shit for a good quiver. I've got a Sin Seekers right now that has pretty good dex and CC, but the IAS on it is terrible, like 12 or 13%.

DSmalls84

What are the stats on it? After ~150 hours I still haven't found shit for a good quiver. I've got a Sin Seekers right now that has pretty good dex and CC, but the IAS on it is terrible, like 12 or 13%.

291 Dex
290 Vit
19% ias
22% mf
1.02 Hatred Regen
11% CC
3% Rapid Fire CC

Before that I was using Fletchers Pride so it was a significant upgrade.

MrDaravon

291 Dex
290 Vit
19% ias
22% mf
1.02 Hatred Regen
11% CC
3% Rapid Fire CC

Before that I was using Fletchers Pride so it was a significant upgrade.

Damn, that's awesome. I just looked, my Sin Seekers are 11% -_-. I honestly don't think I've seen a quiver period (legendary or no) that had higher than 13% IAS. That's the only slot that I just haven't been able to get jack for upgrades on, I've been using these since right when I hit 60.

DSmalls84

Also found a Cloak called Beckon Sail and shitty reference aside it's pretty damn awesome.

199 Dex
10% ias
13% Life
1.10 Hatred Regen
10 Max Discipline
2% CC

It is actually better than the Nat's Cloak I found.

I need to find an easy way to snap pictures with my phone and upload them to the thread.

MrDaravon

Also found a Cloak called Beckon Sail and shitty reference aside it's pretty damn awesome.

199 Dex
10% ias
13% Life
1.10 Hatred Regen
10 Max Discipline
2% CC

It is actually better than the Nat's Cloak I found.

I need to find an easy way to snap pictures with my phone and upload them to the thread.

Jesus Fucking Christ that's ridiculous. IIRC I found one or two of those but they were all pre-60. Except for a bunch of Inquisitors (that still suck) I haven't found a single goddamn legendary or set cloak yet. The Cindercoat I'm using now is goddamn ridiculous though, so I hadn't really thought about it. But even with no slots or AR that cloak could potentially be BIS for sure.

DSmalls84

Wow that Cloak is insane... like BIS possibility for a DH.

Yeah I never saw it on pc because it was a lvl 30ish item, but scaled up to 60 it is pretty awesome. I got super lucky with the roll though because my 2 random stats were +1 CC and +10 Max Discipline.

paolo11

Thanks to paolo for the Manticore, was a decent boost over my current one! Then just messing around a bit in a Act 3 run (I've honestly really just been working mostly on in-game challenges since launch) I got a pair of Nat boots. I was bummed because they had no Vit and I would have lost a huge amount of life from my current Ice Climbers. Figured I would go back to town and see if the two set bonus with the Nat ring (with no CC) I found worked out well enough to make the tradeoff, then literally before I go back to town two enemies over dropped another pair of Nat boots with 185 Vit lol.

You're welcome, brother. If you need stuff, let me know.

My Barb, DH, and Monk are extremely powerful now. :)

MrDaravon

Yeah I never saw it on pc because it was a lvl 30ish item, but scaled up to 60 it is pretty awesome. I got super lucky with the roll though because my 2 random stats were +1 CC and +10 Max Discipline.

If you'd gotten AR instead of the +1 CC that would probably be inarguably a BIS, but that's still ridiculous. Just plugged it into d3up, the one you found would up my DPS by 6k (which again is impressive because the Cindercoat I have is nuts dex/slot wise) but lower my eHP by 78k. Trading the +1 CC for a good AR roll would make it just about a wash with my current armor, but have the hatred regen and max disc bonus which would be awesome.

So probably not a BIS on paper, but when you factor in the hatred and disc it looks like it could be a contender for sure.

DSmalls84

If you'd gotten AR instead of the +1 CC that would probably be inarguably a BIS, but that's still ridiculous. Just plugged it into d3up, the one you found would up my DPS by 6k (which again is impressive because the Cindercoat I have is nuts dex/slot wise) but lower my eHP by 78k. Trading the +1 CC for a good AR roll would make it just about a wash with my current armor, but have the hatred regen and max disc bonus which would be awesome.

So probably not a BIS on paper, but when you factor in the hatred and disc it looks like it could be a contender for sure.

I haven't really found much of anything with All Resist. Seems like all of my items usually have good armor rolls but rarely All Resist.

Dahbomb

BIS in terms of DPS and utility. Not that cloak in particular but best rolled and with 3 slots. Having Hatred Regen, Attack Speed, CC AND Disc on a single piece? Godlike.

ShinMaruku

once you get chain lightning, storm armor, and arcane rockets you'll do just fine.

Ok I will await that level so I can melt the screen. Never dug melee in this game much... Also should I be using my 1 hand and or or just go with a good 2hander?

Sanctuary

I think I'm going to do a 180 on what I previously said about the WD possibly being one of the worst for HC. In fact (of course a bit of luck with drops is involved too), I'd say from playing all of the classes to at least MP1 Inferno that the WD is one of the top two if you're starting from scratch. I decided to approach HC like I did with D2; Necro with meat shields to get some funds/items rolling in before making the "real" classes or builds.

At no point has my life ever dropped below 3/4 and I haven't had problems killing anything. The Gargantuan also hits ridiculously hard as you gear up, and both the Bruiser and Restless Giant runes are amazing (I prefer Restless, because when I need Hulk to smash, it's on elites anyway). Maybe once you break the 200k DPS levels the Gargantuan actually slows down what you could be doing on your own, but until that point I can't really see any point in not taking it. It also pretty much never dies unless I let it stand in a fire, being hit by a pack of fast Tremors while being shreded by 3-4 lasers. Soul Harvest is also ridiculously good in certain areas where there's tons of trash. You can one-shot 10 - 15 enemies at once with it and have its cooldown come up instantly and do it again.

Starting out though, I'd have to say it's easily one of the most boring and slow slow classes, but in HC there's not much incentive to rush headlong into things anyway.

DSmalls84

Not really feeling the higher difficulties. The bonus Exp is nice but I don't seem to find any more legendary items than on Easy and it takes longer to farm.

Also found a Calamity bow and it's pretty awesome. Like 70k less paper damage than my Manticore, but the attack speed and auto mark for death make up for it.

Jack_AG

Banned
For me... no class became interesting until 20. At 30 all the classes have a great mix of abilities. Early days seem rather bland for most classes, TBH. Wiz has a great mix of offensive/defensive abilities.

MrDaravon

Not really feeling the higher difficulties. The bonus Exp is nice but I don't seem to find any more legendary items than on Easy and it takes longer to farm.

Also found a Calamity bow and it's pretty awesome. Like 70k less paper damage than my Manticore, but the attack speed and auto mark for death make up for it.

Curious on what the stats are on the Calamity? On PC MP10 builds for DH are pretty much the Grenade build and then the Grenade build, and it requires that. On this version I think they may not be as bottlenecked in builds given the higher DPS opportunities (I already have over 100k more DPS than my p88 ~600 hour DH on PC), but I still haven't seen a Calamity yet and am curious if the rolls are similar or not.

Also if you're playing on Inferno you have to do at least Master I to get the increased mob density bonus which is completely worth it unless your DPS is just really low.

DSmalls84

Curious on what the stats are on the Calamity? On PC MP10 builds for DH are pretty much the Grenade build and then the Grenade build, and it requires that. On this version I think they may not be as bottlenecked in builds given the higher DPS opportunities (I already have over 100k more DPS than my p88 ~600 hour DH on PC), but I still haven't seen a Calamity yet and am curious if the rolls are similar or not.

Also if you're playing on Inferno you have to do at least Master I to get the increased mob density bonus which is completely worth it unless your DPS is just really low.

1300 dmg
295 Dex
10% ias
78% CD
1.12 hatred regen
50% Chance Mark for Death

MrDaravon

1300 dmg
295 Dex
10% ias
78% CD
1.12 hatred regen
50% Chance Mark for Death

That's pretty nuts. For reference here's the one I can do MP10 with on the PC version: http://d3up.com/i/10338694 (not sure why d3up doesn't show the MfD %, but I'm pretty sure your 50% is the max). The base damage is so high on yours even without a socket it still way outdamages mine that has a radiant star ruby in it.

Sanctuary

No one ever said that WD is a bad class in HC.. in fact in HC he might be top 2.

He is just a bit underwhelming in SC.

You were talking about the Demon Hunter being one of the worst for HC, and I said maybe, but that the WD might actually be instead. This was from my experience with the class prior to the Inferno nerf, pet buffs and other skill changes.

As far as SC though, I completely agree. Although underwhelming is probably putting it lightly. If you can afford the gear for 0 cooldown dog build though, that actually looks pretty fun, and fast. Downside is that it's super expensive on the PC version, and the console version has one less dog.

The MF helps, and Master 1 gives you the biggest boost. The main reason to go Master 1-2 though is a) Paragon leveling is a bit faster and b) Warden/Organ drops. The drop rate is almost non existent below Master 1 (I did get two keys on Easy though, so they do drop). I can't really say if it's the same for a Demon Hunter, but on my Wizard I just treated each Master level with DPS breakpoints. Basically, each level equals a 100k DPS increase needed to farm efficiently, starting at 100k with Master 1. I can do Master 5 on my almost 400k Wizard, but it's not worth it compared to Master 4 and I doubt it will ever be. I can't even do the Ubers solo without switching my spec either, and I have to put it on Master 3 or I get one-shot again and again vs Rakanoth.

Oh and yeah, as Daravon mentioned; mob density. It's pretty sparse at times even with that boost, and it's downright anemic without it.

Top Bottom