• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

zatara

Anyone experience a bug where you somehow get a duplicate of everything you have equipped? I dunno how it happened but I went into my inventory and now I have duplicates of every item I have equipped. PS3 version btw

Ok scratch that I restarted the game and it's back to normal

MrDaravon

I got a Broken crown with a socket, dex, vit, 9% IAS and Gold pickup. If it had rolled CC instead of the pickup radius it would have been god-tier :(

Also are Seven Sins really good on the console version or something? I'm seeing a lot of people online who are looking for the plans. I'm slightly confused because on PC they were already a level 60 item that wasn't very good, so unless they weirdly scaled them up more than other already level 60 items I'm not sure where this interest is coming from.

I decided to look at my PC characters... My wizard, who I probably have DOUBLE the play time on, has half of the DPS of my console monk who just entered Inferno.

AND the worst part is, I had to buy all of her gear off the gold auction house.

It didn't occur to me how broken the PC version was until just now.

turnbuckle

I've noticed something odd about black damage weapons in the game. A lot of mine seem to have a level damage range (i.e. 800-800 damage).

I thought it might be a bug. Well, I figured it really had to be so I looked it up and noticed other people are saying the same thing.

Black Weapon Max Damage Bug

They need to hurry up and fix some of the bugs in this game. Not sure when that's going to occur though.

In other news I played for about an hour and a half today and found 3 pairs of Hammer Jammers...

And 2 Leoric Signets. One was an upgrade in every category though (6.5% crit, tons of strength, 29% bonus xp) so I can't complain too much.

I wonder if the game knows I'm running with less than capped movement speed and is trying to force me to wear hammer jammers lol.

I decided to look at my PC characters... My wizard, who I probably have DOUBLE the play time on, has half of the DPS of my console monk who just entered Inferno.

AND the worst part is, I had to buy all of her gear off the gold auction house.

It didn't occur to me how broken the PC version was until just now.

I don't have nearly as many good gems or have some slots as optimized as my barb on the PC version yet, but my console barb is putting out quite a bit more damage and has a ton more HP. It's great.

Then I finally ended up in a game yesterday with a person who had hacked gear and it really soured me a bit. I know, to each their own, but when you have someone join your game or you join a game and someone is using that kind of stuff it really saps the enjoyment out. And part of the fun in this game is the loot lottery and comparing to other people. Part of that gets taken away when you never know if a person is cheating or not.

And a part of me kind of wants to get a hacked item and try out the highest Master Level. Just to see...but I'm afraid of opening that pandora's box. I can easily imagine the game losing all entertainment value once the novelty wears off.

Mogwai

Is it possible to view your stats on the console version? On PC you can see time played and total monsters slain. Couldn't find it in the PS3 version demo, though.

Sanctuary

You guys need to play HC. It's a virtual wasteland past Normal on the PS3. Or maybe everyone just prefers to play it offline.

Into

Well i got the Platinum today, the achievement where you need to pick up 5 million gold took the longest. The Art of Conversation however was the only annoying one, you are required a guide for that one.

Otherwise its a very easy Plat for those of you who care about such things

Number45

That build is similar to what I started out with, except that I had Wrath of the Berserker/Insanity instead of Revenge. If you're struggling with that, you should probably just continue farming on Easy for a bit.
Thanks, yeah I'll probably just farm act 3 for a while on the barb.

Levelling a wizard as well, will definitely get all of the classes up to 60 (again).

I picked up some sort of key during my inferno run, how and where do i use that?
You need 3 keys from the 3 key wardens in acts 1-3, and the plan for the infernal machine which drops from a boss in act 4. Then the blacksmith can make the infernal machine which opens a portal to 1 of 3 realms where you fight 2 bosses at once. Get three organs from the 3 realms and use it to make a Hellfire Ring.

http://www.diablowiki.net/Infernal_Machine

turnbuckle

It's a nice ring through. Gives 35% bonus experience along with pretty good stats. And it's something pretty cool to do end game.

Also, it can be used on any level character. A good suggestion for leveling alts is to use whichever character you want to level and have him/her craft a vitality hellfire ring. Crafting with that character makes it more likely one of the random affixes will be their primary stat and the vitality will make them more than survivable in higher master levels.

The ring also has a chance to proc a fireball that will one-shot most enemies in Normal and possibly nightmare difficulty.

Also, you can equip one on a follower and get 20% of the bonus 35% (so, 7% total bonus experience) for your character. This also applies to any other weapons or armor that give % experience, magic find, and gold find.

Also - at least on the PC version - it was possible for the ring to be nearly best in slot as it had a higher limit for the primary stat than other rings. I'm not sure what the upper limit for affixes on a particular stat are in the console version though, nor am I certain if they increased the limit on the hellfire ring as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they did, but I couldn't say one way or the other.

Finished Diablo 3. As the credits rolled I noticed there were SO many managers in their staff. Why so many? What exactly do these guys do? It isn't as if this game was terribly complicated.

The story was OK in the first two acts then just kinda ends when you finish it.

Sanctuary

I think I'm on to something in regards to the kind of drops your specific class/character will see (and repeats of). I think it might be similar to how the charm system works in Monster Hunter.

Another Messerschmidt's Reaver dropped for my HC WD, and in the same act. It's not quite as good as the one I lost (no socket or LoH), but when the PS3 killed off my original WD after beating Inferno, I was at 90k DPS and 90k health. I haven't finished Act 1 yet and I'm at 80k/80k. I'm going to laugh when another Mempo drops. In Act 4 Hell, a 1750 DPS Sultan of Blinding Sand (12% run speed and 7% chance to blind 2h) dropped, then a 1700 DPS socketed Crushbone in Act 1 crypts, and ten seconds later the axe. I guess the game thinks I really want some 2h weapons. Because that's about all I see.

Number45

Running around with Storm Armour/Reactive Armour and Nephalem Glory active on easy is kind of ridiculous. Most things die without me needing to do anything! :D

A quick question - if you salvage something with a gem in it do you lose the gem or does it get deposited back in your inventory? I've burned through most of my cash just removing/socketing gems as I replace my weapons while levelling.

Here's a question, how is one expected to get Tomes of Jewelcrafting in Inferno?
You're not. Back to hell you go! :(

One of reason I'm levelling alts is to get pages/tomes.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Penis vs Penis? There's plenty of that.
I think the reason why I laughed out loud after reading this post is because I've gotten zero sleep in the past 30 hours :lol

Running around with Storm Armour/Reactive Armour and Nephalem Glory active on easy is kind of ridiculous. Most things die without me needing to do anything! :D

A quick question - if you salvage something with a gem in it do you lose the gem or does it get deposited back in your inventory? I've burned through most of my cash just removing/socketing gems as I replace my weapons while levelling.

You're not. Back to hell you go! :(

One of reason I'm levelling alts is to get pages/tomes.

They should fix this. Maybe have a vendor sell them or something of that nature?

Edit: As for your question, when you salvage an item you get the gem back.

Number45

They should fix this. Maybe have a vendor sell them or something of that nature?

Yeah it would make sense. I have a number of middle gems but no pages/times so I can't combine them. Realistically once you have a certain number of the highest level of each gem type you can pretty much forget jewelcrafting for anything other than socket/remove.

Just got three legendaries to drop in Zoltun Kulle's archives. On normal/medium co-op with 25th level wizard and 25th level barbarian. Barb got one legendary.

By the Gods this is nice.

yes its annoying having to get 10 pages of jewel crafting to make a tome. Im at the stage now where the jewels become "squares" and i need tomes - do the whole books drop at some point or only individual pages which you need to get the blacksmith to craft for you?

Sanctuary

Just got three legendaries to drop in Zoltun Kulle's archives. On normal/medium co-op with 25th level wizard and 25th level barbarian. Barb got one legendary.

By the Gods this is nice.

Act 2 in General (all of the dungeons you need to enter for the ZK quests) is where I've seen the highest quantity of items drop, some downright amazing.

yes its annoying having to get 10 pages of jewel crafting to make a tome. Im at the stage now where the jewels become "squares" and i need tomes - do the whole books drop at some point or only individual pages which you need to get the blacksmith to craft for you?

There's absolutely no reason to go after pages to make tomes, when tomes drop non stop in Hell. If you waste all of your pages to make tomes, you're going to be kicking yourself when you end up needing pages to combine the lower level gems that you have left over; that's exactly what happened to me on my first playthrough. If you don't have any lower level combines left, by all means use up the extra pages, but I ended up with a huge surplus of gems that needed pages I didn't have because I combined them all into tomes and then secrets.

There's absolutely no reason to go after pages to make tomes, when tomes drop non stop in Hell. If you waste all of your pages to make tomes, you're going to be kicking yourself when you end up needing pages to combine the lower level gems that you have left over; that's exactly what happened to me on my first playthrough. I get wanting to upgrade to the next gem tier, but you won't actually have enough gems to make more than 1-2 where you're at anyway.
Is that the same for blacksmithing? Tomes drop in Hell?

Chris R

Had a SHITLOAD of fun playing this 4 player local coop on 360 tonight. Just a few minor issues

a) Would be nice to have a filter so white drops don't even show up.
b) Would be nice to be able to see stats/swap at basically every location possible. We ran into a few issues where someone would craft something but didn't see if it was better than the thing they crafter half a second ago
c) Would be nice to lock down some loot per player instead of spam A on every purple/yellow kill.

Just sucks that none of my friends have a PS3. I'm not buying Xbox Live to play with them so don't think they are buying the game beyond renting it at Redbox.

Sanctuary

Is that the same for blacksmithing? Tomes drop in Hell?

Yes.

Speaking of white items; I still have absolutely no idea what the purpose of the junk tag is for. It actually takes you longer to mark everything and then sell it compared to simply selling it at a vendor. Who seriously takes the time to look at every single white or blue every time something drops?

Number45

I just read that you can "cheat" farming in the console versions, by doing three zones... and then going back to the first zone and finding it completely refreshed. Is that true? If so, maybe I'll try that for a while in act 1 on master 1.

Anyone experience a bug where you somehow get a duplicate of everything you have equipped? I dunno how it happened but I went into my inventory and now I have duplicates of every item I have equipped. PS3 version btw

Ok scratch that I restarted the game and it's back to normal

its not really duplicate, for some reason your equipped item shows up in your inventory as well. Im getting that bug all the time and the one where legendaries dont show up until you go to a merchant and click sell then identify them. reallly annoying.

There's absolutely no reason to go after pages to make tomes, when tomes drop non stop in Hell. If you waste all of your pages to make tomes, you're going to be kicking yourself when you end up needing pages to combine the lower level gems that you have left over; that's exactly what happened to me on my first playthrough. If you don't have any lower level combines left, by all means use up the extra pages, but I ended up with a huge surplus of gems that needed pages I didn't have because I combined them all into tomes and then secrets.

Thanks for this. Ill make the gems then and use those pages then collect the tomes when i get to hell.

Sanctuary

I just read that you can "cheat" farming in the console versions, by doing three zones... and then going back to the first zone and finding it completely refreshed. Is that true? If so, maybe I'll try that for a while in act 1 on master 1.

Actually, I thought that I did that a couple of times on my Wizard while Paragon farming. What I'd do is clear Areat Core, then go clear three levels of The Depths, then Stonefort and finally if I felt like it, I'd go kill Azmodan. And I swear a few times the Core was completely refreshed. But then a few times where I actually paid attention to make sure that was actually happening, nothing was respawning, so I'm not sure what's up.

I don't really see how that's cheating though since you can simply exit the game, make a new game and everything is back up. Yeah, it saves you the three NV stacks, but it's not really that big of a deal. If you want to know what a real cheat is:
make a backup save right before Diablo for the first time you've killed him on that difficulty. Kill him, and if nothing you can use drops, grab the backup save and do it again.
. Since you're guaranteed one legendary the first time you kill him. I haven't personally done that yet, but I was heavily considering doing it once just because of how I lost 20+ levels and a crapton of great gear due to a PS3 malfunction.

Number45

Yeah, that's why I said "cheat" - not really a cheat. Interesting though, because it saves the waiting for full stacks (when farming the same thing over and over, a few minutes saved per run makes quite a difference).

turnbuckle

Yeah, that's why I said "cheat" - not really a cheat. Interesting though, because it saves the waiting for full stacks (when farming the same thing over and over, a few minutes saved per run makes quite a difference).

I tried this a couple of times but mobs weren't respawning. Or I didn't notice it. The map looked like it hadn't been visited but the area was barren.

I might have been drunk while doing this though.

Also, had the game do the weird freeze on me again when I talked to the jewel crafter. It seems to happen when I sprint to the jewel crafter on my barb. Or maybe I always do that. But it's happened now in act 1-2-3. The game doesn't crash, but I can't do anything at all and have to use the PS button on my controller to turn the game off.

Helscream

Banned
I think I'm on to something in regards to the kind of drops your specific class/character will see (and repeats of). I think it might be similar to how the charm system works in Monster Hunter.

Another Messerschmidt's Reaver dropped for my HC WD, and in the same act. It's not quite as good as the one I lost (no socket or LoH), but when the PS3 killed off my original WD after beating Inferno, I was at 90k DPS and 90k health. I haven't finished Act 1 yet and I'm at 80k/80k. I'm going to laugh when another Mempo drops. In Act 4 Hell, a 1750 DPS Sultan of Blinding Sand (12% run speed and 7% chance to blind 2h) dropped, then a 1700 DPS socketed Crushbone in Act 1 crypts, and ten seconds later the axe. I guess the game thinks I really want some 2h weapons. Because that's about all I see.

I been trying to understand the loot table since I bought the game. To some degree I want to say when you see a certain legedary drop the more you have drop the more you will have continue dropping. For example I have collected ATLEAST 30+ mighty belts. Some good, some bad, some indifferent. I mean I am literally at the point to were I am getting annoyed with how frequently I get mighty belt drops. Even with Gear Set Belts (Greens). I have collected 2 Immortal King Belts, and 4 Blackthorne (Or is it Blackhorne?) belts. Second to that would be Two-Handed weapons. Yet I never had a Skorn drop for me and ultimately had to trade a guy 5 legendaries for a Skorn he had collected. Funny thing is I was using the legendary sword Maximus for a while before I got a Skorn. And I never really saw anyone else with a Maximus sword.

I want to say that maybe certain legendaries have a higher chance to drop compared to others, but I have yet to find an Immortal King helmet, but I have seen countless completely nub barbarians walking around with it and the rest of their gear being completely gimped. Come to think of it I rarely have seen any legedary helmets. And I am a sliver away from Paragon lvl 36. However I did get lucky and score a Mempo about 3 days ago.

Marvelous

Played online for the first time last night and had a pretty good time. I definitely need some better gear for my wizard...Master 1 on Inferno is still kinda hard for me, lol.

Sanctuary

Well, the main issue with duping right now isn't simply that it's around; it's that on specific forums they are constantly asking for duped items, and there's thread after thread about it as though it's cool and hip to join the duping party. Hell, I've been accused of duping or wearing duped items just because my level 45 barbarian was doing close to 20k DPS. Then when I told the person what was actually going on, they asked me to dupe my gear for them!

Kids these days...

There have been since day 1 along with hacked items and profiles.

Don't be surprised if you run into a P100 character with a 3 socket 4000 DPS 1H weapon and he's critting for 4 million damage.
Someone tried trading one of those for my Echoing Fury. I just changed games. That would defeat the entire purpose of the game for me.

Sanctuary

I had a bunch of people on my friends list that not even a week ago were level 20, and today they are all doing Master V Inferno? Yeah, sounds legit. The game powers you up really fast, but not quite that fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BES3f3xbjrI

Dunno what he means about "dropping items" though, since that's not actually the easiest way to do it.

nbraun80

Kinda random, but does anyone know how to do the 'punch disblo' challenge. I know on PC you could just drag your primary skill off screen and it would be blank, but I don't see hoe you can do it on console.

Raide

Kinda random, but does anyone know how to do the 'punch disblo' challenge. I know on PC you could just drag your primary skill off screen and it would be blank, but I don't see hoe you can do it on console.

Just un-equip weapons and unbind the skill button. Does a basic attack then.

molnizzle

Ugh, the group of guys I've been rolling with for the past week showed up today wielding triple-slot 20k DPS swords.

This fucking sucks man. Give me back my online characters. :(

Sanctuary

I'd love to actually play some legitimate games, but it seems like either I play it quite a bit more than the average Gaffer on my friends list (I do Master 3-4 with my SC characters), or nobody wants to do HC. Anymore, random people aren't even worth the time. I've actually had a few randoms add me to their list to "play together" and then they end up doing something different. I've also had six people add me for HC, yet none of them are doing anything but SC.

/sadface

Can't wait for RoS PC.

Top Bottom