• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

nbraun80

Ugh, the group of guys I've been rolling with for the past week showed up today wielding triple-slot 20k DPS swords.

This fucking sucks man. Give me back my online characters. :(

ah the azurewrath mod huh? Yeah I don't understand it, its like playing normal mode in easy with a lvl 60 character. They definitely should have made it where you can do whatever you want offline, but going online requires different characters and online saves.

Got 3 legendaries in an hour before I hit level 20 tonight. Crazy.

I have 50+% magic find, that seems to be the trick as my WD has lower and got much worse drops.

I just rolled through the second act on hell with a group of four lead by a barbarian who was fucking ripping through everything. Meanwhile, me and my demon hunter are getting killed in less than two seconds unless I was careful every freaking second. I felt so dam under powered. There was another demon hunter who seemed to be holding his own, as in not dying, and I tried emulating his playstyle with the aura cloak thing, but still.
I feel like I picked the wrong class if someone only two levels higher than me can be so fucking impenetrable, walking into anything leaving the rest of the party in his dust.

Just to be clear, loot is separate on everyone's screen right? Only gold is shared?
And to get xp, I have to hit a monster at least once? Xp is shared based on damaged dealt or anything complex like that I hope?

Dukey

Banned
So I tried to sell my 360 copy on Amazon (I want to use my MSP before they expire to buy the digital version next week) and I was told by Amazon that Blizzard/Activision won't allow them to allow used game sales for this title. Ugh.

hgplayer1

I just rolled through the second act on hell with a group of four lead by a barbarian who was fucking ripping through everything. Meanwhile, me and my demon hunter are getting killed in less than two seconds unless I was careful every freaking second. I felt so dam under powered. There was another demon hunter who seemed to be holding his own, as in not dying, and I tried emulating his playstyle with the aura cloak thing, but still.
I feel like I picked the wrong class if someone only two levels higher than me can be so fucking impenetrable, walking into anything leaving the rest of the party in his dust.

Just to be clear, loot is separate on everyone's screen right? Only gold is shared?
And to get xp, I have to hit a monster at least once? Xp is shared based on damaged dealt or anything complex like that I hope?

I don't think you share anything in multiplayer.

Also I'm pretty sure you get xp no matter where you are. No need to have to hit any mobs.

Finally on hell with my level 51 wizard. U want to keep going but also want to try out some new characters!

One thing I miss about the auction house was buying gems cheap without having to craft them.

Helscream

Banned
I'd love to actually play some legitimate games, but it seems like either I play it quite a bit more than the average Gaffer on my friends list (I do Master 3-4 with my SC characters), or nobody wants to do HC. Anymore, random people aren't even worth the time. I've actually had a few randoms add me to their list to "play together" and then they end up doing something different. I've also had six people add me for HC, yet none of them are doing anything but SC.

/sadface

Can't wait for RoS PC.

Well my Barbarian is geared to take on Master IV and Master V. I play pretty damn often as well and I am always online. I am trying to grind my way to paragon 100. I know it will take a while, but it would be better to do it with other players. Just hit me up man and lets get some games in. My PSN id is the same as my Gaf username.

Edit: Just dawned on me your XBL. Whoops.

MrDaravon

FINALLY found a goddamn Dead Man's Legacy. The IAS is at the bare minimum though (15%) and I already had 10.5% CC and +8 Disc on my Sin Seekers, so it was only really an upgrade HP wise (from 123 to 306 Vit), the skill bonus is useless (Cluster Arrow). So only a 2k DPS increase is disappointing, but it's like 8k HP more and hatred regen is always nice. I still have yet to see any of these mythical amazing 1h crosswbows. I still haven't seen a Calamity unfortunately, I've gotten a couple of Dawns/Danettas/Nat ones but they're never super amazing. Would still be interested to see with the buffs those have in this version if potentially a Calamity + another godtier 1H could potentially beat a Manticore + DML.

Dukey

Banned
Gems are handled so stupidly in this game. In order to continue to make gems at level 60, I'm forced to go back and play Hell and Nightmare difficulties. They did a lot right, but this is a dumb oversight. They should patch in the ability to let you use the highest quality Jewel Crafting books to make any level of gem.

MrDaravon

Gems are handled so stupidly in this game. In order to continue to make gems at level 60, I'm forced to go back and play Hell and Nightmare difficulties. They did a lot right, but this is a dumb oversight. They should patch in the ability to let you use the highest quality Jewel Crafting books to make any level of gem.

I'm pretty sure that's being patched. They took out square gems dropping in Inferno ages ago on PC, no idea how that even made it in here.

Deband

Can anyone tell me what to do when someone joins my game? I thought if was similar to pso, like I just make a town portal and they can join me, but that didn't seem to work.

Raide

Can anyone tell me what to do when someone joins my game? I thought if was similar to pso, like I just make a town portal and they can join me, but that didn't seem to work.

They select your flag in the middle of town and they can portal t you, or you just mean them in the middle or select their flag and go to them.

oktarb

Been playing GTA V non-stop, but I think I might take a break tomorrow night and do some slaying.

In order to ensure the universe remains balanced and the great and powerful Cthulhu doesn't rise from the deep, I shall stop playing Diablo 3 non-stop and switch to GTA V.

In other news: I want GTA V DLC "Cthulhu Slumbers". Just me and my mini-sub and Cthulhu, that's all I need....and this lamp.

MrDaravon

On 360, still have an extra Lost Boys legendary plan and 2 extra Asheara's Uniform Set plans, looking for any other legendary or set plans I don't have. Still missing the following:

Legendaries:
Longshot
Quick Draw Belt
Umbral Oath
Unending War
Wall of Bone
Bitterness
The Wedge
Deadeye
Pendergrasps
Cataclysm
Black Bone Arrows
Blood-Magic Blade
Earthshatter
Fire Brand
Gehennas
Robes of the Rydraelm
Rozpedin's Staff
Ruinstoke
Seven Sins
The Helm of Command
Venomhusk
Wonderous Deflectors

Set Plans:
Born's Defiance
Captain Crimson's Finery
Demon's Skin
Hallowed Defenders
Sage's Plight

Hit me up! The bnet forums are full of dupers :(

kris.

Banned
My friend bought a PS3 last weekend and bought this this weekend so we spent all day Sunday playing. I started out as a Wizard and we got through Act I. Dunno if I want to keep going, I was about to pass out near the end due to boredom.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I remember a couple of weeks ago when I started playing this game with the barbarian and was really not enjoying it so I switched to demon hunter (which was awesome and I leveled all the way to 63 on four play-throughs) just before posting on it.

Well, like I said I would, I gave the barbarian a second try and OH MY GOD!

IT BROKEN! THE EFFING CHARACTER IS BROKEN(!) passed level 13!!! It's awesome to play now but I can't help but to feel I have an unfair advantage with all the gold in my bank that allows me to craft just slightly better weapons than are dropping for my level which in turn seems to give me a ridiculously unfair advantage. It helps that I'm focusing on making her into more of a damage sponge than she already is which was the part I had a hard time with pre-level 13. As always, I'm doing the four-mode tour with my character so I can get the most out of them.

- STILL - loving the game :)

Going through Hell Mode Master I at the moment. Enjoying the game doesn't seem like it will get old anytime soon so looking forward to Inferno and Paragon leveling later on.

PS3 version btw.

Curufinwe

My hardcore Witch Doctor just got killed by the Butcher on Normal (Easy). I had just turned level 16 and thought I would be fine, but having no way of healing apart from potions was fatal. My Templar and zombie dogs didn't help.

maomaoIYP

On 360, still have an extra Lost Boys legendary plan and 2 extra Asheara's Uniform Set plans, looking for any other legendary or set plans I don't have. Still missing the following:

Bitterness
Pendergrasps

Gaaah. I've had multiple copies of these two but I sold them off.

So my brother and I beat Inferno on MP1, but I'm really not sure what to do now besides the infernal machine.

Is there a reason to go back to the start on a higher monster power, or do higher ilevel drops only show up on the later acts?

Sanctuary

So my brother and I beat Inferno on MP1, but I'm really not sure what to do now besides the infernal machine.

Is there a reason to go back to the start on a higher monster power, or do higher ilevel drops only show up on the later acts?

Master levels shouldn't have any thing to do with ilvl, just XP/MF. It used to be that ilvl 63 only dropped in Act 3 and Act 4, but Blizzard updated the game since then to where they can drop from any act, although I'm not sure if the frequency is still higher in Act 3 and Act 4. Act 2 and Act 3 in general seem to be the best in terms of drops though due to having more areas with higher monster density. Act 4 just sucks all around.

You could play until you've finished Master 5 if you cared, or level to 100 Paragon (why, I don't know since the reason for Paragon on the console is entirely different than PC). Or just start playing Hardcore or create new characters.

My hardcore Witch Doctor just got killed by the Butcher on Normal (Easy). I had just turned level 16 and thought I would be fine, but having no way of healing apart from potions was fatal. My Templar and zombie dogs didn't help.

There are also two healing wells in that fight. Do you need any WD suggestions, or do you have it?

turnbuckle

I'm pretty sure that's being patched. They took out square gems dropping in Inferno ages ago on PC, no idea how that even made it in here.
sub lvl 60 ( don't see ilvl) items dropping in inferno with master level enabled is also really annoying and I'm uncertain if that's an oversight as well

Arcayne

Anyone else encountering freeze problems? The game/system completely freezes as soon as I cast Hex on my Witch Doctor. Been happening for the past 7-8hrs

I checked out all possible reasons/solutions:
-possible overheat issue, was warm around the vents, though I had it on straight for 2 hrs
-cooled ps3 system with fan for 2 hrs
-did a safe mode -> restore file system, which stated there was a corrupted file somewhere in my ps3
-tested out other games (dark souls and bayonetta) and they worked fine
-played my alt monk and barb, no crashes, just my WD
-not a single scratch on disc, just fingerprints

Is my WD corrupted or something? I'd throw a fit if I had to restart again

Sanctuary

I've had two system freezes. Honestly can't remember what was going on with the first, but the second was with my Witch Doctor. I was in the Fields of Misery mashing Ghost Bomb on some swarms. It's only happened twice though over the course of essentially 246 levels.

The worst issue I've had was with the system screwing up my Witch Doctor save file (yet it never gave me any corrupted messages) and eating around thirty hours. Aside from that monster issue, it's been pretty stable in general.

Come to think of it, there was another post or two I've seen elsewhere in regards to the Witch Doctor and Hex (Unstable Form) causing the game to freeze almost 100% of the time. I might start using it myself to see if I can replicate the problem.

Arcayne

:| Awe man lol

For clarification, I was using Hex - Painful Transformation. The game is working(ish now, but is now noticebly choppier and slow right now. I'm having thoughts of the ps3 overheating and/or my WD is slowly being corrupted. Ffffffffffffffffff

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Sooooo.... any tips on Demon Hunter? I am now playing Nightmare Master 1, and things are not as smooth as I hoped for. I've been tinkering around with skills, but I can't find any combination that I can confidently say, "This is a great setup!"

Sanctuary

Sooooo.... any tips on Demon Hunter? I am now playing Nightmare Master 1, and things are not as smooth as I hoped for. I've been tinkering around with skills, but I can't find any combination that I can confidently say, "This is a great setup!"

Honestly? The biggest tip I can give for the Demon Hunter applies to all of the classes: play on Easy until you're level 60 and in Inferno. Depending on what dropped for you in Act 3/Act 4 Hell, you might be able to do Master 1 relatively easy in Hell and at the start of Inferno.

It varies by class, but to even begin to handle Inferno without much of a fuss at Master 1 you need at least 90k - 120k DPS. For Nightmare I have no idea, but I think it's somewhere around the 7k - 8k mark. That's just a guess. On my SC Barbarian I was doing 20k at level 45 with gear that previously dropped (as well as using a Hellfire ring) for my Wizard and was playing on Master 3, mostly soloing in a four player game.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Honestly? The biggest tip I can give for the Demon Hunter applies to all of the classes: play on Easy until you're level 60 and in Inferno. Depending on what dropped for you in Act 3/Act 4 Hell, you might be able to do Master 1 relatively easy in Hell and at the start of Inferno.

It varies by class, but to even begin to handle Inferno without much of a fuss at Master 1 you need at least 90k - 120k DPS. For Nightmare I have no idea, but I think it's somewhere around the 7k - 8k mark. That's just a guess. On my SC Barbarian I was doing 20k at level 45 with gear that previously dropped (as well as using a Hellfire ring) for my Wizard and was playing on Master 3, mostly soloing in a four player game.

I generally have no trouble with normal mooks: it's those random elite mooks with subtitles that killed me quite often. Hmmmm.... you think I should just go Nightmare Easy then? Doesn't this affect drops?

Sanctuary

I generally have no trouble with normal mooks: it's those random elite mooks with subtitles that killed me quite often. Hmmmm.... you think I should just go Nightmare Easy then? Doesn't this affect drops?

You get +60% MF starting with Master 1 and then it's +10% more MF per Master level. In Inferno Master 1 starts at 150%. Yes it affects drops, but only in the sense that you have a higher chance at seeing something good drop once you kill an enemy. You have to consider how much longer it takes you to kill something though compared to playing on Easy. Kill four times as many enemies within the same amount of time with a smaller chance for a good drop per kill, or a single enemy with a higher chance?

Also, it's 100% RNG/Luck based, but with my first character I ended up with 40+ legendaries by the time I hit level 60, and that was just by wearing gear that gave me 60% MF. That was still much easier than wearing "DPS" gear and playing on Master 1. My Hardcore Witch Doctor played on Easy all the way until finishing Inferno and on my "pre-eaten" save, I ended up with some of the most ridiculously good gear I've seen across any of my characters, and all I had was a single Topaz in my helm and some other random item that gave me a total of around 57% MF prior to the NV stacks.

In the end, the path of least resistance is to simply blow through as many monsters as quickly as you can and hit 60 since you'll ditch almost everything you used while leveling up anyway.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You get +60% MF starting with Master 1 and then it's +10% more MF per Master level. In Inferno Master 1 starts at 150%. Yes it affects drops, but only in the sense that you have a higher chance at seeing something good drop once you kill an enemy. You have to consider how much longer it takes you to kill something though compared to playing on Easy. Kill four times as many enemies within the same amount of time with a smaller chance for a good drop per kill, or a single enemy with a higher chance?

In the end, the path of least resistance is to simply blow through as many monsters as quickly as you can and hit 60 since you'll ditch almost everything you used while leveling up anyway.

Hmmm. Between easy, normal, hard, drops aren't affected? Maybe I should just lower the difficulty a bit to hard or even normal, or maybe easy.

Hmmm. Between easy, normal, hard, drops aren't affected? Maybe I should just lower the difficulty a bit to hard or even normal, or maybe easy.

THis is what im doing. Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Inferno - all on easy as quick as possible. Then move to Master I once i have decent gear.

Im on Hell Act I easy right now - Level 51 around 10K DPS unbuffed.

Mogwai

Just completed Act I with my monk on X360 last night. I'm really starting to love Loot 2.0 compared to the PC version (Completed Nightmare difficulty on a barbarian). The new loot is just a lot more convenient and gives a good flow in the game. I'm not overly impressed by the UI but might grow more fond of it as time goes. I've been quite neutral regarding the AH, but I'm starting to realize how much a negative impact is has had.

One thing that bugs me is that there is no place to see how much time you've played your characters. Is Blizzard scared to show off that the console version is quicker to complete compared to the PC version?

Sanctuary

Hmmm. Between easy, normal, hard, drops aren't affected?

No, and it seems like a really strange oversight. On the PC there's the default setting and then MP1 - MP10. On the console it's Easy, then Medium (which I'm assuming is the default setting) and Hard. Then it jumps to Master 1 which equals MP6. There's no MP1 - MP5 and Medium/Hard give no bonuses, yet raise the difficulty.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
THis is what im doing. Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Inferno - all on easy as quick as possible. Then move to Master I once i have decent gear.

Im on Hell Act I easy right now - Level 51 around 10K DPS unbuffed.

No, and it seems like a really strange oversight. On the PC there's the default setting and then MP1 - MP10. On the console it's Easy, then Medium (which I'm assuming is the default setting) and Hard. Then it jumps to Master 1 which equals MP6. There's no MP1 - MP5 and Medium/Hard give no bonuses, yet raise the difficulty.

Hohhhh.

I went from Normal - Medium to Nightmare - MP1--maybe that's why I am feeling not too confident with my guy... hmmmm.

Number45

jztRltc.jpg
Dropped for me in act 2 hell (easy) last night. Took Kulle down in about 3 seconds, Belial in about 10.

Pimpn Drop Bear

Neo Member
I got trapped where I couldn't get to them, and now I'm done playing any character except my non-hardcore Monk.

Give it another go... im currently playing a witch doctor on hardcore hell mode and loving it. Just use splinters on your poison dart and use the swarm of bats (or whatever its called) up close, he wont take much.

So what do Paragon levels do on consoles versus PC? Someone said they do something different here...

Edit: In fact, does someone have a list of all the console changes? Or main ones? What are "boss triumph challenges", etc?

So what do Paragon levels do on consoles versus PC? Someone said they do something different here...

Edit: In fact, does someone have a list of all the console changes? Or main ones? What are "boss triumph challenges", etc?
The only difference for Paragon is that it is common level across all your characters. Eg if one character gets to Paragon 10, all characters benefit from it.

Other than that, it's increased main stat by 3 and other stats by 2 or 1, plus increased gold & magic find by 3%

maomaoIYP

Does anyone know if you can get plans for higher level versions of gear?
For example I can forge lvl 33 pendergrasps, will I ever plan for a lvl 60 version?

Number45

Am I the only person who religiously salvages everything? I'd probably be a good deal closer to the money trophy if I'd sell a few things every now and again.

Whoa, that's awesome. I need that!
Yup. Replaced it with a 1500 dps staff on killing Diablo. No socket though. :(

MrDaravon

Does anyone know if you can get plans for higher level versions of gear?
For example I can forge lvl 33 pendergrasps, will I ever plan for a lvl 60 version?

No. Dropped items scale in this version, but plans and items crafted from those plans are static levels.

Am I the only person who religiously salvages everything? I'd probably be a good deal closer to the money trophy if I'd sell a few things every now and again.

I salvage everything 99% of the time yeah. Early on though it's good to sell since you'll need money more then for actual vendor upgrades and very early crafting costs.

Top Bottom